Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started 09:55 - Oct 6 with 1414 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55945/ralph-hasenhuttl-h

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 11:53 - Oct 6 with 1352 viewsButty101

If hes doing such a great job, why hasnt he been linked at least with another job? Spurs this summer would have been an ideal opportunity. His time here has damaged his reputation.

As for loosening the purse strings, the opposite couldn't be more true. We didnt even get close to spending what we brought in and the team is weaker than last season.

If you take the rose tinted glasses off - the 11th place finish was down to covid. Before covid close down, the club was on a downward spiral and looking over its shoulder. Who knows how the season would have panned out.

If anything this week Ralph has shown he cant learn with his comments.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 12:03 - Oct 6 with 1338 viewssaints__fan__73

What was the job he started?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 9:40]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 12:52 - Oct 6 with 1294 viewsTripleNiemi

I know this may not be the popular choice, but i am in total agreement if only for fear of who this regime would bring in as a result that could do any better under the current ownership.

That said, ffs play players on their favoured foot whenever possible.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 13:17 - Oct 6 with 1270 views1885_SFC

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 12:52 - Oct 6 by TripleNiemi

I know this may not be the popular choice, but i am in total agreement if only for fear of who this regime would bring in as a result that could do any better under the current ownership.

That said, ffs play players on their favoured foot whenever possible.

Ralph always mentions players being able to play 'in different positions'. He's always gone on about it. It's part of his management style and although many disagree with him about players being flexible and able to play in wrong positions, I can't see him changing that side of his management style any time soon. Frustrating as it is - we're just gonna have to live with it.

Old School is Cool

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 13:36 - Oct 6 with 1239 viewsI_would

I think you're confusing Ralph wanting to be here for his own reasons with loyalty to Saints FC. He had a hard time from the Leipzig Football Director for what was considered to be his inflexibility with tactics and ended up agreeing to resign then he came here. It was press, press, press and lose and no change in tactics when the press didn't work. Seem familiar? I think he's now trying to prove to his old club, other football people in Germany and anyone else who criticised him for too much emphasis on pressing that his tactics do work and he would carry on and on into the Championship, if necessary, to prove his point. Of course he can do all this at £6m pa so what does he care. We need to replace him immediately before he takes us down and then scuttles back to Germany with our £18m.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 14:25 - Oct 6 with 1188 viewsNumber_58

I'm all for giving a manager plenty of time to achieve his long term aims, but it's bloody tough on those of us who have to fork out £30 or more per match to watch what appears to have become a bit of an experiment for Ralph. I just want to see some goals.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 15:03 - Oct 6 with 1163 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 13:36 - Oct 6 by I_would

I think you're confusing Ralph wanting to be here for his own reasons with loyalty to Saints FC. He had a hard time from the Leipzig Football Director for what was considered to be his inflexibility with tactics and ended up agreeing to resign then he came here. It was press, press, press and lose and no change in tactics when the press didn't work. Seem familiar? I think he's now trying to prove to his old club, other football people in Germany and anyone else who criticised him for too much emphasis on pressing that his tactics do work and he would carry on and on into the Championship, if necessary, to prove his point. Of course he can do all this at £6m pa so what does he care. We need to replace him immediately before he takes us down and then scuttles back to Germany with our £18m.

What press? That’s not been seen this season.
We pressed so much last year that in the second half of games we were knackered.
I don’t quite know what the tactic(s) are this season.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 15:41 - Oct 6 with 1136 viewsSonicBoom

Nick says he's learned from his mistakes and I have to say I think he has. He's certainly turned away from last season relentless press and now we are a little more solid defensively albeit at the cost of our attacking threat.

However its almost like he is determined to make a new mistake every week. For example last week wasn't the first time he has bought a player in to the starting line up then subbed him early in the game. In fact it's not the first time he's done it to Walcott. He seems to be trying everything in the hope he just hits a winning combination.

I do agree though that hew should get more time. I'd give him the next ten games but in that time the pressure will increase if we have yet more poor results.
Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 15:58 - Oct 6 with 1126 viewsKennington

He’s looked pretty broken for a while. The lack of crowds during lockdown was probably good for him and the team. Since then the pressure looks to have got to him. I like Ralph and reckon if he goes to a European team in the champions league in a country like Switzerland Belgium he’ll do fine. But the relentlessness of trying to compete in the premier league with the shower he has to work with must get to him. Imagine every week having to mull over decisions like Redmond or Walcott?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 10:18 - Oct 7 with 983 viewsBerber

He would help himself immeasurably if he didn't put Long and Walcott onto the pitch. I don't know what they are showing in training, but it clearly isn't getting out in the PL.
Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 15:32 - Oct 7 with 919 views1ASIN12

We have 5 games where we need to get 8 points to get to an average of a point a game . 38 pouts over a season is more then likely enough to stay up

The last 38 league games have yielded 34 points.

Can we trust Ralph to get a minimum of 8 points from Leeds , Burnley , watford , Aston Villa and Norwich ?

On the evidence of the last 38 games I’d say no and any less and we could well find us in the bottom 3 .

Let’s hope that somehow Ralph can turn our season long relegation form around .
Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 16:07 - Oct 7 with 900 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 15:41 - Oct 6 by SonicBoom

Nick says he's learned from his mistakes and I have to say I think he has. He's certainly turned away from last season relentless press and now we are a little more solid defensively albeit at the cost of our attacking threat.

However its almost like he is determined to make a new mistake every week. For example last week wasn't the first time he has bought a player in to the starting line up then subbed him early in the game. In fact it's not the first time he's done it to Walcott. He seems to be trying everything in the hope he just hits a winning combination.

I do agree though that hew should get more time. I'd give him the next ten games but in that time the pressure will increase if we have yet more poor results.

Not only does he seem to be trying every possible permutation of players in the hope of, as you say, landing the winning formula. He is also playing the same ineffectual players over and over again in the hope that they will suddenly turn into different players.

You're right, he has learned to stop the suicidal early pressing and that has made us more solid and able to last 90 minutes better.

He now needs to ditch those who will never deliver and try to build a team out of those who might.

The performances and attitudes of young players like Tino, KWP, Tella, Salisu, Diallo, Broja give me hope. And to a lesser extent A Amstrong and Adams.

But others are dragging them down. And we also need a better goalkeeper.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 21:33 - Oct 7 with 804 viewscocklebreath

What a load of Bollox, I don’t even think Nick believes what he’s written.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 22:16 - Oct 7 with 781 viewsRon11

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 13:17 - Oct 6 by 1885_SFC

Ralph always mentions players being able to play 'in different positions'. He's always gone on about it. It's part of his management style and although many disagree with him about players being flexible and able to play in wrong positions, I can't see him changing that side of his management style any time soon. Frustrating as it is - we're just gonna have to live with it.

But we don't have to watch it
Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 23:37 - Oct 7 with 761 views1885_SFC

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 22:16 - Oct 7 by Ron11

But we don't have to watch it

Well indeed... but watching Saints is like long term drug addiction that you can't easily wean yourself off!

Old School is Cool

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 06:41 - Oct 8 with 710 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 23:37 - Oct 7 by 1885_SFC

Well indeed... but watching Saints is like long term drug addiction that you can't easily wean yourself off!

After 41 years of watching them it’s becoming a chore now.
Never felt so far apart from the club as a supporter sorry, customer.
This is modern day football’s fault though too.
Newcastle about to spend billions whilst clubs go out of business.
Bellend players with multi coloured hair and boots kissing the badge then jumping ship at the earliest moment for an extra £10k a week.
Padded seats, £22 burgers, stupid kick off times…
The list goes on.

Anyway roll on a week tomorrow for the visit of Leeds.
At least the ground will be full. 😳

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 11:43 - Oct 8 with 633 viewsPaleRider

Ralph Hasenhuttl Has To Be Given Time To Finish The Job He Started on 06:41 - Oct 8 by saintwizzler

After 41 years of watching them it’s becoming a chore now.
Never felt so far apart from the club as a supporter sorry, customer.
This is modern day football’s fault though too.
Newcastle about to spend billions whilst clubs go out of business.
Bellend players with multi coloured hair and boots kissing the badge then jumping ship at the earliest moment for an extra £10k a week.
Padded seats, £22 burgers, stupid kick off times…
The list goes on.

Anyway roll on a week tomorrow for the visit of Leeds.
At least the ground will be full. 😳

Spot on! The world moves on but I also feel disconnected from Premier League football. I haven't watched MOTD or Football Focus for years as the sucking up leaves me completely cold.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024