Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football 14:59 - Oct 6 with 2506 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58806500

Dale get a mention.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 15:28 - Oct 6 with 2430 views1907

Once the players realise they won't be able to go on holiday next summer without being vaccinated, they'll all be rushing to the nearest vaccination clinic.
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 15:40 - Oct 6 with 2392 viewsjacko_dale

Bigger story on this in the MEN.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-af
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 16:05 - Oct 6 with 2303 viewsD_Alien

Dale's club doctor was also interviewed on ITV Granada Reports last night. I just caught the last couple of minutes of it, but basically he was saying pretty much the same thing

His point about the dressing room (especially younger players) being influenced by more experienced players regarding vaccination just highlights how poorly educated and/or naive some of them must be if they can't come to their own conclusions but take the advice of someone who's heard or read summat on social media, about a topic unrelated to football but that could end up devastating their careers - a point Wes Tensel also made

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 16:17 - Oct 6 with 2252 viewsColDale

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 16:40 - Oct 6 with 2148 viewsCedar_Room

would be good to get some clarification on this as I had assumed the players would be all on board to get vaccinated. Its only because the majority of the population have that crowds are allowed back at the football, and their very livelihoods have become more secure as a result. It would be extremely disappointing to find out that most of our players had not been jabbed.
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:01 - Oct 6 with 1947 views49thseason

I'm pretty sure the club doctor shouldnt be discussing the medical status of his patients in public. Did he have their consent? Was it really neccessary to give any comment other than " no comment"?
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:03 - Oct 6 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:01 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

I'm pretty sure the club doctor shouldnt be discussing the medical status of his patients in public. Did he have their consent? Was it really neccessary to give any comment other than " no comment"?

Which patients was he discussing?

Edit: Robbie Stockdale and/or the club physio "discussed the medical status" of Josh Andrews during the week

During the height of the Covid crisis, nurses and medics were interviewed as they left their shifts about "the status of their patients" - often with graphic detail supplied

[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 19:15]

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:17 - Oct 6 with 1900 views49thseason

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:03 - Oct 6 by D_Alien

Which patients was he discussing?

Edit: Robbie Stockdale and/or the club physio "discussed the medical status" of Josh Andrews during the week

During the height of the Covid crisis, nurses and medics were interviewed as they left their shifts about "the status of their patients" - often with graphic detail supplied

[Post edited 6 Oct 2021 19:15]

You are correct in that he didnt name anyone but he did identify a very small group of people who might now be targeted correctly or incorrectly as anti-vaxxers . It also isn't something that needs to be discussed in public be it an individual or an identifiable group and I dont think its helpful. Equally suggesting that they have been influenced by "older players or social media" isnt conducive to the development of the squad's sense of togetherness.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:40 - Oct 6 with 1861 viewsD_Alien

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 19:17 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

You are correct in that he didnt name anyone but he did identify a very small group of people who might now be targeted correctly or incorrectly as anti-vaxxers . It also isn't something that needs to be discussed in public be it an individual or an identifiable group and I dont think its helpful. Equally suggesting that they have been influenced by "older players or social media" isnt conducive to the development of the squad's sense of togetherness.

It most certainly is something that needs to be discussed in public, and since no confidentiality was breached its not a medico-legal issue

What might be an issue is whether he's lost some degree of trust amongst the players, which is something he will have considered; i've little doubt about that. Perhaps he's not concerned about potential consequences for his position at the club

What is clear is that he was interviewed on the radio in the morning, which no doubt club officials will have been (or become) aware of, then subsequently repeated similar points in his evening tv interview. If the club had particular qualms about his first interview it's unlikely they'd have allowed the second

It wouldn't surprise me to see him leave his post with the club voluntarily, since his advice (on vaccines being available at a particular date and time) were being ignored

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 20:31 - Oct 6 with 1763 viewsEllDale

I think the doc comes across here as disillusioned on two counts.
The first is because his advice is being ignored (and to be fair, that’s all it is, advice) and the second was the lack of response to his messages on group chat.
Perhaps this was his way of shaming players into being vaccinated?
I too think he might walk away from it which would be a shame.
He may not be too popular in certain areas of the dressing room now though, especially with the senior players who were given an oblique mention.
Given the average age of the squad it shouldn’t be too difficult to guess who the influencers are.
And the club may be disappointed given the publicity
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 20:44 - Oct 6 with 1730 viewsfunkkk

Footballers are thick. Who knew?
BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 20:54 - Oct 6 with 1703 viewsJames1980

Is Dunning-Kruger any good in front of goal or can he play left back?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 21:44 - Oct 6 with 1593 viewsD_Alien

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 20:54 - Oct 6 by James1980

Is Dunning-Kruger any good in front of goal or can he play left back?

Almost certainly both, at a very high standard

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 21:47 - Oct 6 with 1581 viewsJames1980

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 21:44 - Oct 6 by D_Alien

Almost certainly both, at a very high standard

Does he realise how good he is though?

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 21:56 - Oct 6 with 1554 viewsD_Alien

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 21:47 - Oct 6 by James1980

Does he realise how good he is though?

Yes, it's just that no-one else has recognised it yet

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 22:02 - Oct 6 with 1527 viewsJames1980

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 21:56 - Oct 6 by D_Alien

Yes, it's just that no-one else has recognised it yet

They need to do their own research.

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 22:15 - Oct 6 with 1486 viewsD_Alien

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 22:02 - Oct 6 by James1980

They need to do their own research.

Preferably meta-analysis

BBC article on Covid vaccinations in football on 22:46 - Oct 6 with 1426 viewsDiddyDave

Oh well the FA will have to grow some and tell the players vaccination will be mandatory, no jab, no play. We were all vaxed as kids. All,of us pre 1960 kids, and I mean all of us, were vaxed against polio, got mine at Penn Street Clinic, and eventually, because of that, this awful disease was wiped out. I’m sure they could enforce it, duty of care and all that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024