Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tactics 17:21 - Oct 9 with 2151 views442Dale

Time for a change. Not a time to chuck all our toys across the floor, but results dictate what did work, no longer is. The strength of the back three was the wing-backs form and contributions in the last third (both O’Keeffe and Keohane scoring for example). Also, the wider central defenders we’re joining in whereas now their form and confidence is clearly impacting that.

We’ve missed out on getting the midfield destroyer/protector who would have meant we probably wouldn’t be playing 3-4-3 anyway. That should be addressed in January but until then, there needs to a return to a back four where the full-backs concentrate on defending first, adding to attacks as and when. Stick Keohane or O’Connell in front of the two centre halves and get the other midfielders closer to Beesley when we attack.

Yes, it’s frustrating and today was poor but a month ago we were all extremely positive after the Tranmere win. There has to be an acceptance that this season may see these fluctuations in results and performance with the manager and the club supported throughout it.

Edit: there needs to be more aggression in our game too. That’s not kicking people but getting to the ball first, getting forward into space and looking to force the opposition to defend their box regularly. Everything we know we can do comes down to playing in that manner.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 17:30]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The tactics on 18:12 - Oct 9 with 1989 views1907

How Stockdale has stuck with Graham and Dorsett either side of EOC today after last week is a disgrace.

How he stood there and watched that shite following their goal and did nothing os a disgrace.

How we finished that match with all three centre half’s STILL on the pitch is a disgrace.

You get the drift…
The tactics on 18:14 - Oct 9 with 1979 viewstony_roch975

Agreed. Problem with back 4 is our FBs are only good going forward (and not even that recently). We do miss Dooley knitting the play together (& recently showing some bite in the tackle). If he is injured Keohane would have done a job - Kelly needs to play as a No 10 in front of Dooley/Keohane & Morley. The gaps between the units were also massive today (until the last 10 mins) surely that's a coaching issue?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

The tactics on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 1947 views1907

The tactics on 18:14 - Oct 9 by tony_roch975

Agreed. Problem with back 4 is our FBs are only good going forward (and not even that recently). We do miss Dooley knitting the play together (& recently showing some bite in the tackle). If he is injured Keohane would have done a job - Kelly needs to play as a No 10 in front of Dooley/Keohane & Morley. The gaps between the units were also massive today (until the last 10 mins) surely that's a coaching issue?

It’s doesn’t matter about our fullbacks when we concede week in week out.

You revert to 5 at the back to try and keep clean sheets & be difficult to break down.

We do neither so what is the point?

For Christ sake we’re sitting back playing 5 at the back against a team like Crawley??? It’s ridiculous.
The tactics on 20:12 - Oct 9 with 1716 viewsWalboro

Well Robbie after 10 matches in i would like to make an assessment We started off ok with confidence that gave us a good run upto the Burnley match but since then we have been shite and not been as creative. As a person you come across very honest and the fans like that.I can also take that we recruited late but we did have a good run and played good football.Where has it all gone wrong I'm sorry but Dorsett is going to be entering the hall of fame of the worst defenders who have played for dale.We are deffinatley missing a midfield general and for the work rate Beesley puts in he needs somebody up with him.I hope it comes right but I'm not confident at the moment with a full it squad we have got minus Andrew's.
The tactics on 21:13 - Oct 9 with 1577 viewsEllDale

I fear that we may be stuck with these tactics and formation..
We have six centrebacks (the three who played today plus Taylor, McNulty and Dunne) but only one proper fullback in the shape of White.
O’Keeffe isn’t a predominantly defensive fullback but more of a marauding wingback.
I don’t believe for one minute that Swiss Army Jimmy is a fullback either. He’s a midfield player switched to fullback in an emergency and who’s stayed there.
This squad was assembled with this formation in mind and so there isn’t really much flexibility within the personnel to change it.
The tactics on 22:41 - Oct 9 with 1439 views49thseason

The tactics on 21:13 - Oct 9 by EllDale

I fear that we may be stuck with these tactics and formation..
We have six centrebacks (the three who played today plus Taylor, McNulty and Dunne) but only one proper fullback in the shape of White.
O’Keeffe isn’t a predominantly defensive fullback but more of a marauding wingback.
I don’t believe for one minute that Swiss Army Jimmy is a fullback either. He’s a midfield player switched to fullback in an emergency and who’s stayed there.
This squad was assembled with this formation in mind and so there isn’t really much flexibility within the personnel to change it.

Its a good point about Keohane being a midfielder pushed into being a fullback. White is our first proper contracted Left Back for ages. He needs to play regularly. Maybe Keohane can add a bit more steel to our midfield?. I wonder if Stockdale actually knows what his ideal 11 is , or is he obligated to giving the loanees game time and having to work around false premises of who should play?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024