Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Semmens podcast 11:06 - Oct 11 with 3769 viewsSadoldgit

For those who constantly criticise the club for the way it is run, the latest Total Saints Podcast has a very good interview with Martin Semmens who speaks intelligently and clearly about where we are, what we are doing and why.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-171-martin-semmens-q-a-total-saint
Martin Semmens podcast on 11:18 - Oct 11 with 2354 viewsSaintNick

Lets not let common sense get in the way of some good ranting

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Martin Semmens podcast on 11:39 - Oct 11 with 2342 viewsSalisburySaint

Martin Semmens podcast on 11:18 - Oct 11 by SaintNick

Lets not let common sense get in the way of some good ranting

Absolutely we don't' want to be back as we were in 2009, by spending money we do not have
Martin Semmens podcast on 14:49 - Oct 11 with 2214 viewssaintwizzler

A good listen.
Semmens comes across well.
Glad he was disappointed with the Wolves loss.
Acknowledged a small squad fûcked us last season and it was a mistake. No shît.
Ralph wanted 2 players for each position and he has that now.

Over to you then Ralphie baby x

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0HCrCrroipFVdMF9YNdUuT?si=ugI9Uv6HQTCi9-d-m6nlU

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Martin Semmens podcast on 15:30 - Oct 11 with 2179 viewssaints__fan__73

Martin Semmens podcast on 14:49 - Oct 11 by saintwizzler

A good listen.
Semmens comes across well.
Glad he was disappointed with the Wolves loss.
Acknowledged a small squad fûcked us last season and it was a mistake. No shît.
Ralph wanted 2 players for each position and he has that now.

Over to you then Ralphie baby x

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0HCrCrroipFVdMF9YNdUuT?si=ugI9Uv6HQTCi9-d-m6nlU

No he hasn't. KWP is providing cover on both sides and we've only 3 CM players (hint: S. Armstrong is not a CM player).

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Martin Semmens podcast on 15:56 - Oct 11 with 2141 viewsButty101

After 5years of silence, one appearance on a podcast, means everything is now fine.......

What would also be good is a BBC style fact check on what he said. As if you believe most of that, you clearly like having smoke blown up your arse.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 16:28]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Martin Semmens podcast on 16:52 - Oct 11 with 2097 viewssaintwizzler

Martin Semmens podcast on 15:30 - Oct 11 by saints__fan__73

No he hasn't. KWP is providing cover on both sides and we've only 3 CM players (hint: S. Armstrong is not a CM player).

Thierry Small is cover at left back, maybe even first choice if he ever gets match fit. He is 17 ffs.
Smallbone could be classed as a CM I suppose?

Martin Semmens podcast on 17:05 - Oct 11 with 2076 viewssaints__fan__73

Martin Semmens podcast on 16:52 - Oct 11 by saintwizzler

Thierry Small is cover at left back, maybe even first choice if he ever gets match fit. He is 17 ffs.
Smallbone could be classed as a CM I suppose?

Small hasn't even featured in the LC so don't think he can be counted as our PL backup.

Smallbone played much better in the game he was injured where he played in a more attacking role. He's not strong enough to play CM in the PL.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Martin Semmens podcast on 18:10 - Oct 11 with 2018 viewsSadoldgit

He made an interesting comment about feeling very let down by two players who said they were on board with the project but then left. I wonder if he is talking about Ings and Vestergaard?
Login to get fewer ads

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:01 - Oct 12 with 1787 viewsbarry_sanchez

In this situation this reminds me of when Chemical Ali was wheeled out and the bombing was going on in the background,....................

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:04 - Oct 12 with 1786 viewsbarry_sanchez

What project though?

The Manhattan, Blair Witch?

Smoke and mirrors deception ie lacking any real substance, any one who gets taken in by this wants to be and gets pulled in at easy to win £5 for 3 throws at shite village fairs..................

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:46 - Oct 12 with 1769 viewsSaintNick

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:04 - Oct 12 by barry_sanchez

What project though?

Smoke and mirrors deception ie lacking any real substance, any one who gets taken in by this wants to be and gets pulled in at easy to win £5 for 3 throws at shite village fairs..................

Lacking a little substance, very much like this post and most of those slagging off Semmens, if you and others know so much about the situation and what is going on, then tell us mere mortals where we are being taken in and what the solution is ?

There is clearly a very easy answer to the problem yet we just can't see it

Martin Semmens podcast on 10:15 - Oct 12 with 1754 viewsbarry_sanchez

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:46 - Oct 12 by SaintNick

Lacking a little substance, very much like this post and most of those slagging off Semmens, if you and others know so much about the situation and what is going on, then tell us mere mortals where we are being taken in and what the solution is ?

There is clearly a very easy answer to the problem yet we just can't see it

The club has been using veiled elastic words for years, strangely honesty and transparency are missing, I am still waiting to hear what the project is and what is the goal?
Survival on the least budget?
Treading water to reap TV money?

I am not enlightened just savvy enough to know they're talking shite, they'll be talking about a monorail next........................

Martin Semmens podcast on 10:43 - Oct 12 with 1735 viewsSadoldgit

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:04 - Oct 12 by barry_sanchez

What project though?

What on Earth are you talking about? It’s a bit early to be on the sauce, even for you Barry. What is this obsession you have with projects? I don’t know what you were listening to but the interview I heard seemed perfectly honest and transparent and explained clearly the position that we are currently in and what we are doing short term and long term. Perhaps you would be happier if he did a Cortese and threw fantasies at you about CL aspirations? Or are you upset that Semmens didn’t fess up to money laundering?
Martin Semmens podcast on 11:26 - Oct 12 with 1715 viewssaintwizzler

Hasn’t it been mentioned before that the aim is mid table and a good run in the cup(s)?

A cup run is all well and good until you hit the semifinal and teams put their full strength teams out.
FA Cup is so devalued these days and eventually the League Cup will disappear.

Martin Semmens podcast on 12:02 - Oct 12 with 1672 viewsButty101

Martin Semmens podcast on 10:15 - Oct 12 by barry_sanchez

The club has been using veiled elastic words for years, strangely honesty and transparency are missing, I am still waiting to hear what the project is and what is the goal?
Survival on the least budget?
Treading water to reap TV money?

I am not enlightened just savvy enough to know they're talking shite, they'll be talking about a monorail next........................

Well said Barry, not just me then that can see through the dirge.

It cracks me up that people believe we are looking for the right ethical investment or take over. Then sign deals with betting companies and dogdy bit coin partnerships.

Anyone that thinks Semmens and co have the power to veto a potential buyer as they are not ethical, is living in cloud cuckoo land. The first shyster that turns up offering Gao any where near the asking price, will buy us. Just like Gao did.

Martin Semmens podcast on 12:03 - Oct 12 with 1687 viewsSouthamptonfan

Semmens comes across well, most would agree with that. But he is working under the owner, saying the right things. He can only say that we have little money, we do our best, we try blah blah blah. But it doesn't change anything. We need a new owner if we want to compete with the best teams. Interesting he said there are offers of investment on the table.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2021 12:04]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Martin Semmens podcast on 12:47 - Oct 12 with 1654 viewsSaintNick

Martin Semmens podcast on 12:02 - Oct 12 by Butty101

Well said Barry, not just me then that can see through the dirge.

It cracks me up that people believe we are looking for the right ethical investment or take over. Then sign deals with betting companies and dogdy bit coin partnerships.

Anyone that thinks Semmens and co have the power to veto a potential buyer as they are not ethical, is living in cloud cuckoo land. The first shyster that turns up offering Gao any where near the asking price, will buy us. Just like Gao did.

Where has he said he is looking for the right "ethical" investment, they have been looking for someone who can take the club forward not just leverage it.

Brighton's owner is a betting company, yet he has run Brighton well,

You are right Gao has the power to take any old offer he wants to, he also has the power to sell a player and take the transfer fee or to leverage the club and get his money back.

So why hasn't he done any of those things so far ?

You are quick to call him out, so tell me why he hasn't flogged off a couple of players as he did in the summer for £50 million and then taken £130 million for the club as he has previously been offered ?

Of course Semmens is going to give out some spin on the situation, (tell me one CEO who hasn't) but in this he has been upfront about the situation.

But this doesn't fit the agenda of "Gao Out" in which he has to be some shady Chinese businessman out to make a quick buck.

Remember when Rupert Lowe opposed the takeover by SISU, Lowe is always the villain to some, but he stood up against SISU and was the bad guy because he wouldn't back down but look what happened when they went to Coventry

Martin Semmens podcast on 13:42 - Oct 12 with 1591 viewsButty101

Martin Semmens podcast on 12:47 - Oct 12 by SaintNick

Where has he said he is looking for the right "ethical" investment, they have been looking for someone who can take the club forward not just leverage it.

Brighton's owner is a betting company, yet he has run Brighton well,

You are right Gao has the power to take any old offer he wants to, he also has the power to sell a player and take the transfer fee or to leverage the club and get his money back.

So why hasn't he done any of those things so far ?

You are quick to call him out, so tell me why he hasn't flogged off a couple of players as he did in the summer for £50 million and then taken £130 million for the club as he has previously been offered ?

Of course Semmens is going to give out some spin on the situation, (tell me one CEO who hasn't) but in this he has been upfront about the situation.

But this doesn't fit the agenda of "Gao Out" in which he has to be some shady Chinese businessman out to make a quick buck.

Remember when Rupert Lowe opposed the takeover by SISU, Lowe is always the villain to some, but he stood up against SISU and was the bad guy because he wouldn't back down but look what happened when they went to Coventry

Nick you are better than this!

"You are quick to call him out, so tell me why he hasn't flogged off a couple of players as he did in the summer for £50 million and then taken £130 million for the club as he has previously been offered ?"

As you well know, clubs 99% of the time, pay the transfer fee over the length of the players contract. So at best this summer we have taken in 12mill in fees after everyone gets their cut. Dont froget liverpool got about 5mill from the ings sell. Why would Gao take out 12mill and damage the product he is trying to sell as it would be drastically weakened. If he cant sell the club for 180mill now, well then selling 50mill of talent and not replacing it means the value of the club to a potential buyer would have significantly dropped. So this logic is nuts.

Ok he said right investor not ethical - but same thing.

Martin Semmens podcast on 14:07 - Oct 12 with 1586 viewsI_would

I don't know what's the matter with everyone. A points average of 44, two 9-0 defeats, points lost from winning positions record, lowest amount of goals scored, plethora of duff players brought in at astronomical wages, still handing golden contract extensions out like sweets, haven't won a game since before the war, 17th position as we stand.
WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THE WHINGERS? ARE THEY SKATES?, ARE THEY NOT SAINTS FANS?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Martin Semmens podcast on 15:08 - Oct 12 with 1551 viewsSadoldgit

Martin Semmens podcast on 14:07 - Oct 12 by I_would

I don't know what's the matter with everyone. A points average of 44, two 9-0 defeats, points lost from winning positions record, lowest amount of goals scored, plethora of duff players brought in at astronomical wages, still handing golden contract extensions out like sweets, haven't won a game since before the war, 17th position as we stand.
WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THE WHINGERS? ARE THEY SKATES?, ARE THEY NOT SAINTS FANS?

Nobody is happy with the results but at the same time we haven’t been in a relegation scrap yet under the current manager and hopefully we won’t be this season yet either. We can panic and collectively wet the bed or we can trust the people who run the club to make the right decisions to keep us stable until the right investment is found. What makes most sense?
Martin Semmens podcast on 16:08 - Oct 12 with 1522 viewsSonicBoom

I don't get what everyone wants to hear from the club? Why do they need to explain the "project"?
The project is to play games in the premier league and try to do as well as we can.

We all know our limitations. Gao hasn't been crap like some owners, but he hasn't been great. Hes' been quiet and let the club get on with it. He's not going to throw in hundreds of millions as he hasn't got it.

As for new owners I guess when the right buyer comes along that seems to have the funds and is serious about buying the club then they will enter into discussions.
Even in the world of buying football clubs there are a lot of chancers and fantasists. We get hoodwinked by some flash git and we could end up with terrible owners and fans would say the board should have done more to vet them and protect the club.

Fans seem so "angry" at the club. They are competing with teams with bigger budgets than us. We ain't gonna win the league, we can only do the best we can do.
Im sure the club would love to have more money and I expect they would rather be sponsored by some ethical conglomerate, but until then they have to do what they can do to make ends meet.
If we do get bought like Newcastle then it might be fun, but it'll also be fun if we go down and win some games in the championship too. In fact I might prefer that as I don't really care about players like Pogba, Ronaldo and Salah who demand 500 grand a week.
Martin Semmens podcast on 07:14 - Oct 15 with 1322 viewsbarry_sanchez

Martin Semmens podcast on 11:26 - Oct 12 by saintwizzler

Hasn’t it been mentioned before that the aim is mid table and a good run in the cup(s)?

A cup run is all well and good until you hit the semifinal and teams put their full strength teams out.
FA Cup is so devalued these days and eventually the League Cup will disappear.

And even when you do get there you play such sub standard football with no desire you wonder how they ever had the determination to make a professional footballer..........

Martin Semmens podcast on 07:17 - Oct 15 with 1314 viewsbarry_sanchez

Martin Semmens podcast on 15:08 - Oct 12 by Sadoldgit

Nobody is happy with the results but at the same time we haven’t been in a relegation scrap yet under the current manager and hopefully we won’t be this season yet either. We can panic and collectively wet the bed or we can trust the people who run the club to make the right decisions to keep us stable until the right investment is found. What makes most sense?

Well that is the thing, I don't trust them on their current showing and from what I've seen to run the club either in the way they want to or the way I want them to, I hope this clears it up.

Martin Semmens podcast on 07:19 - Oct 15 with 1312 viewsbarry_sanchez

Martin Semmens podcast on 16:08 - Oct 12 by SonicBoom

I don't get what everyone wants to hear from the club? Why do they need to explain the "project"?
The project is to play games in the premier league and try to do as well as we can.

We all know our limitations. Gao hasn't been crap like some owners, but he hasn't been great. Hes' been quiet and let the club get on with it. He's not going to throw in hundreds of millions as he hasn't got it.

As for new owners I guess when the right buyer comes along that seems to have the funds and is serious about buying the club then they will enter into discussions.
Even in the world of buying football clubs there are a lot of chancers and fantasists. We get hoodwinked by some flash git and we could end up with terrible owners and fans would say the board should have done more to vet them and protect the club.

Fans seem so "angry" at the club. They are competing with teams with bigger budgets than us. We ain't gonna win the league, we can only do the best we can do.
Im sure the club would love to have more money and I expect they would rather be sponsored by some ethical conglomerate, but until then they have to do what they can do to make ends meet.
If we do get bought like Newcastle then it might be fun, but it'll also be fun if we go down and win some games in the championship too. In fact I might prefer that as I don't really care about players like Pogba, Ronaldo and Salah who demand 500 grand a week.

I'm not arsed if we get relegated, why not? Gao and Liebherr would lose millions and we'd actually go into most games with a chance of winning, we're simply cannon fodder for aspiring clubs, what is the fun in that?

Did Jack in the Titanic have fun holding onto that piece of wood?

Martin Semmens podcast on 09:01 - Oct 15 with 1264 viewsSadoldgit

Martin Semmens podcast on 07:17 - Oct 15 by barry_sanchez

Well that is the thing, I don't trust them on their current showing and from what I've seen to run the club either in the way they want to or the way I want them to, I hope this clears it up.

You will always find fault with anyone running the club Barry. It is what you do. You wallow in misery and despair. You only appear on message boards when the results are poor. There is nothing wrong in being in the top tier if you are not one of the top four. Most clubs below us would give anything to be able to play the best week in week out. You are typical of a plastic fair weather supporter, you only want to compete if your are guaranteed plenty of wins. Life and football don’t work like that. For a club of our size we have done very well not to have become a yo-yo club and we have enjoyed several good cup runs. Not enough for you though. There is no guarantee that we would be competing in the Championship either. Imagine how miserable you would be if we were in relegation fights in the lower league for years 😉. I think most reasonable people can see that we have some good, dedicated people at the club doing their best in difficult circumstances. It would be tough enough under normal circumstances but the drop in revenue due to the pandemic has made things so much worse. You don’t have to look very far to see plenty of bigger clubs than ours languishing and struggling in the lower divisions. We could easily become another Sunderland. Would you be happy with that? To keep a club like ours in the Premier League is a “project” in itself and one that has been mostly successful. If it doesn’t provide you with what you want and makes you unhappy, perhaps you need to find another hobby (unless you really do want to be unhappy of course)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024