Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? 18:36 - Oct 16 with 2624 viewsI_would

Did we miss him today? Did we ****. I suppose Prowsey relatives on here and Droolers will say it's a coincidence, Leeds were rubbish. Yeah sure. Leeds were rubbish but then so were Wolves. We were MILES better today. Keen, fast all over the pitch and some very good performances especially Salisu (MOM) and Broja. We will do well again against Burnley and Watford and then Ralph will revert to last weeks team as soon as he can as he seems to rate Prowsey despite him dooming the team to slow negative, nervy play and not a win in sight. I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:38]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:40 - Oct 16 with 1918 viewsElijahK

🙄 you a David ickes fan by any chance?

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:48 - Oct 16 with 1892 viewsDorsetIan

We were certainly more attack minded from miidfield.

Thought the Romeu - Diallo pairing worked well. And Salisu got forward more too.

I wanted to see how we’d play without JWP. We played well.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:56 - Oct 16 with 1872 viewsSaintsforeverj

I agree with you that we didn't miss him today. Diallo I thought was excellent and did well going forward as his replacement.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:10 - Oct 16 with 1842 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:40 - Oct 16 by ElijahK

🙄 you a David ickes fan by any chance?

Close relative or Drooler? I believe Ickes was a goalkeeper, what's that got to do with anything?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:32 - Oct 16 with 1823 viewsTimSaint

It really should be noted that JWP was one of FIVE changes from that starting line up versus Chelsea.

Today's excellent performance wasn't all down to his absence.

Was saying to a Leeds fan (in an original 70s Admiral shirt) after the game, that it was a long way to come to see 3 shots, 1 corner and no shots on target.
He said, slightly missing my point, "I'm from north London, so ain't got that far to go home" !! :-)

TimSaint

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 20:40 - Oct 16 with 1730 viewsMessysaints

you do know Leeds was missing all its best players right? and your droolling over a 1-0 victory........... Seriously drawing with City is so far above beating a Leeds team missing every single one of its top players..... its not even worth talking about.

Diallo did play well, but it was expected against such a poor leeds team.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:09 - Oct 16 with 1693 viewsKennington

Only on UI can there be so much bitterness and threads like this after a huge win. Well done I would job done.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:22 - Oct 16 with 1675 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 20:40 - Oct 16 by Messysaints

you do know Leeds was missing all its best players right? and your droolling over a 1-0 victory........... Seriously drawing with City is so far above beating a Leeds team missing every single one of its top players..... its not even worth talking about.

Diallo did play well, but it was expected against such a poor leeds team.

Yes let's draw every week, great.

Login to get fewer ads

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:59 - Oct 16 with 1640 viewsMessysaints

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:22 - Oct 16 by I_would

did i say that? just said drawing with City is a bigger challange than beating Leeds b team 1 - 0. they had 6 first team starters missing.......

Any thing other than a win would be regarded as a shit result, so why is doing the bare min considered great? its not like we won 7 - 0 .

Good to finally win, but lets not make it out as a special victory that came out of no where and was so epic it'll be watched over and over and go down as a classic....... as for licking Diallos bum, at one point he completely lost his man and they nearly scored if not for being inches wide.. was a nice gift from diallo.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:00 - Oct 16 with 1639 viewsSadoldgit

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:22 - Oct 16 by I_would

We won today yet still you have to find things to moan about. Why don’t you just enjoy the three points like the rest of us?
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:08 - Oct 16 with 1617 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:00 - Oct 16 by Sadoldgit

We won today yet still you have to find things to moan about. Why don’t you just enjoy the three points like the rest of us?

You didn't see the match did you?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:52 - Oct 16 with 1579 viewsDorsetIan

This is my take...

i_would has got a singular point of view about JWP, but, even if you don’t agree with him, there is something in his arguments.

JWP does seem,,from where I’m siting, to offer little attacking threat for us and in recent games (and his set pieces aside) it’s his defensive play and his sweeping up that catches the eye.

And if the argument against him is that he blunts and slows down our attack, the performance today - which was much more dynamic and forward facing - does tend to corroborate that theory, even if it doesn’t prove it.

So let’s see how the next few games go and whether this trend continues, and let’s see what happens when JWP returns.

I for one am pleased to have had a chance to see us play without him, coincidence it may be, but I enjoyed today’s game more than in a long time.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 00:32 - Oct 17 with 1508 viewsRon11

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:52 - Oct 16 by DorsetIan

This is my take...

i_would has got a singular point of view about JWP, but, even if you don’t agree with him, there is something in his arguments.

JWP does seem,,from where I’m siting, to offer little attacking threat for us and in recent games (and his set pieces aside) it’s his defensive play and his sweeping up that catches the eye.

And if the argument against him is that he blunts and slows down our attack, the performance today - which was much more dynamic and forward facing - does tend to corroborate that theory, even if it doesn’t prove it.

So let’s see how the next few games go and whether this trend continues, and let’s see what happens when JWP returns.

I for one am pleased to have had a chance to see us play without him, coincidence it may be, but I enjoyed today’s game more than in a long time.

Yes, much more pace from midfield, and a striker who has the physical presence and positional skills to get some goals, first one today.
I hope Saints can keep Broja for at least the season he offers hope of better things.
Didn't miss Ward Prowse at all (or the sideways / back passing and immediately returning a pass).
Djenepo and Redmond produced some intermittent great stuff, pleased for Djenepo because he seems to actually care about doing his best, just needs to calm down a bit.
And finally as someone else also posted, somebody please teach McCarthy to feed or kick the ball to an unmarked Saints player.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 07:51 - Oct 17 with 1426 viewssaintwizzler

JWP over Diallo every time. He did ok.
Rather draw with Man City than beat Leeds.
Come on FFS!!??
3 points is 3 points.
Just hope this win breeds confidence.
We are in a relegation battle this season, 33 points for that 17th place trophy!!

Square pegs in Square holes.
Sorry KWP!!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 10:25 - Oct 17 with 1323 viewsSaintNick

Why do some people seem to delight when a player is out or plays badly and seem to take it as a personal slur if he is picked, personally I want every player in the squad to excel when they play, I want them to succeed.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 10:38 - Oct 17 with 1310 viewsChesham_Saint

What did we miss today? Oh yes, that free kick - right in JWPs sweet spot.

So fvck you, you skate tvvat.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 10:52 - Oct 17 with 1296 viewsSadoldgit

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:08 - Oct 16 by I_would

You didn't see the match did you?

No, we had a family commitment so unfortunately I didn’t see it. It doesn’t lather the fact that a) we won b) you are still carrying in with your hate obsession with our captain and c) it is entirely possible that we would have won the match if he was playing.
Perhaps just enjoy the fact that we have picked up 3 points and are climbing up the league? Or do you get your jollies from negativity?
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 1194 viewsNumber_58

Fair play to I_would. It seems he was right all along. He spotted JWP's lack of talent years ago, even when the player was banging in worldies from 35 yards and he was dragging the team up by it's coat tails. And despite highly respected footballing experts and some the world's top managers extolling his virtues on a weekly basis I_would was shrewd enough to see right through the hype. Not even international recognition and some creditable performances on that stage could deter I_would. And he's right you know, we shouldn't let the fact that Leeds were missing so many of their top players yesterday and were arguably the most insipid side seen at St Mary's in years hide the fact that the win could be entirely attributed to JWP's absence. Nor should we believe those who suggest that playing a left back, get this, at left back helped, or that it might have had something to do with the team starting with a proper centre forward, or maybe Nathan Redmond finally remembering he's a talented footballer. Nope, the victory was entirely down to the lack of one James Michael Edward Ward-Prowse. Congratulations I_would. If and when Ralph's reign comes to an end I, for one, shall be nominating you for the job.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 14:46 - Oct 17 with 1174 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 14:29 - Oct 17 by Number_58

Fair play to I_would. It seems he was right all along. He spotted JWP's lack of talent years ago, even when the player was banging in worldies from 35 yards and he was dragging the team up by it's coat tails. And despite highly respected footballing experts and some the world's top managers extolling his virtues on a weekly basis I_would was shrewd enough to see right through the hype. Not even international recognition and some creditable performances on that stage could deter I_would. And he's right you know, we shouldn't let the fact that Leeds were missing so many of their top players yesterday and were arguably the most insipid side seen at St Mary's in years hide the fact that the win could be entirely attributed to JWP's absence. Nor should we believe those who suggest that playing a left back, get this, at left back helped, or that it might have had something to do with the team starting with a proper centre forward, or maybe Nathan Redmond finally remembering he's a talented footballer. Nope, the victory was entirely down to the lack of one James Michael Edward Ward-Prowse. Congratulations I_would. If and when Ralph's reign comes to an end I, for one, shall be nominating you for the job.

Relative

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 15:23 - Oct 17 with 1142 viewsMessysaints

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 14:46 - Oct 17 by I_would

Relative

is it true diallo didnt have a shot, or make a single chance all game? is it also true only 3 % of his passes went forwards?
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 17:52 - Oct 17 with 1059 viewskingslandstand1

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 10:25 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

Why do some people seem to delight when a player is out or plays badly and seem to take it as a personal slur if he is picked, personally I want every player in the squad to excel when they play, I want them to succeed.

The touble is Nick, I_Would now has this persona that he has to keep up. Whether he is a Saints fan or an intruder it doesn't matter, he now cannot say ANYTHING good about JWP

Oh, and I also think Armstong should have taken that free kick!
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 1051 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 17:52 - Oct 17 by kingslandstand1

The touble is Nick, I_Would now has this persona that he has to keep up. Whether he is a Saints fan or an intruder it doesn't matter, he now cannot say ANYTHING good about JWP

Oh, and I also think Armstong should have taken that free kick!

FACT. We haven't won in 7 matches in a row with WP.
FACT. We haven't played well or created enough chances.
FACT. It hasn't been much fun to watch.
FACT. No WP. We win.
FACT. We played really well.
FACT. It was fun to watch.
If you can't face the truth just put me on ignore.

Very much looking forward to the next 2 games.

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:30 - Oct 17 with 1035 viewsMessysaints

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:06 - Oct 17 by I_would

FACT. We haven't won in 7 matches in a row with WP.
FACT. We haven't played well or created enough chances.
FACT. It hasn't been much fun to watch.
FACT. No WP. We win.
FACT. We played really well.
FACT. It was fun to watch.
If you can't face the truth just put me on ignore.

Very much looking forward to the next 2 games.

Diallo nearly cost us 2 points yesterday with his mistake FACT.
Diallo only had 5 out of 48 passes went forward FACT and missed 10 passes out of 48 and was the worst player for progressive passing FACT.
Diallo was not involved in the only goal scored didnt once enter the oppo goal area ( out side of corners ) or make a single pass into the box, FACT...
But dont let FACTS get in the way that we finally managed to score, funny enough, JWP is still are top goal scorer............ and is 2 goals scored this season better than Diallo is in how many league games and seasons?

[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 18:32]
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:33 - Oct 17 with 1024 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:30 - Oct 17 by Messysaints

Diallo nearly cost us 2 points yesterday with his mistake FACT.
Diallo only had 5 out of 48 passes went forward FACT and missed 10 passes out of 48 and was the worst player for progressive passing FACT.
Diallo was not involved in the only goal scored didnt once enter the oppo goal area ( out side of corners ) or make a single pass into the box, FACT...
But dont let FACTS get in the way that we finally managed to score, funny enough, JWP is still are top goal scorer............ and is 2 goals scored this season better than Diallo is in how many league games and seasons?

[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 18:32]

You want to try watching Saints matches.

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:49 - Oct 17 with 1008 viewsMessysaints

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:33 - Oct 17 by I_would

You want to try watching Saints matches.

i watch every game, JWP atleast has 30 % of all his passes go forward and is normally involved in every single attack we do. always being above 25 % forward passes and normally covers atleast 30 % of total distance covered by his passes too, you problem is, you cant prove it, its just an opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024