Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? 18:36 - Oct 16 with 2622 viewsI_would

Did we miss him today? Did we ****. I suppose Prowsey relatives on here and Droolers will say it's a coincidence, Leeds were rubbish. Yeah sure. Leeds were rubbish but then so were Wolves. We were MILES better today. Keen, fast all over the pitch and some very good performances especially Salisu (MOM) and Broja. We will do well again against Burnley and Watford and then Ralph will revert to last weeks team as soon as he can as he seems to rate Prowsey despite him dooming the team to slow negative, nervy play and not a win in sight. I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:38]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:53 - Oct 17 with 697 viewsMessysaints

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:33 - Oct 17 by I_would

You want to try watching Saints matches.

JWP 34 goals 35 assists...........diallos 1 goal 1 assist.

yep Diallo is better.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:31 - Oct 17 with 662 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:53 - Oct 17 by Messysaints

JWP 34 goals 35 assists...........diallos 1 goal 1 assist.

yep Diallo is better.

WP scores a goal every 28 games, without fail. Diallo has got 27 games to go before he falls behind. Mind you that won't happen because Ralph will have WP in the side in 3 games time. Enjoy the attractive play while you can!

By the way, bored with it now and looking forward to Saturday.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 19:32]

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:51 - Oct 17 with 651 viewsSaintsforeverj

This shouldn't be an argument about who is better, Ward-Prowse or Diallo. It's not a matter of one or the other. They are both important players and Diallo came in yesterday and did well I thought. Ward-Prowse is a top professional, who is loyal to Saints and he brings many useful attributes such as his set pieces, leadership, and hard work. He is certainly an important member of the squad.

But there are some who say he slows down the play, and we lose some of our fast attacking flowing football when he plays. I can see what they are saying, and that's fair enough. Considering we won yesterday, who would have taken 50 million for him that we could have spent on a top striker and another midfielder? I think I would have done, but he is here and he has a big role to play in our team. Admittedly, there may be times when we don't need him in the team slowing things down but other times, we definitely need his attributes. Nonetheless, I like the guy, he seems loyal to the club, he has been here since a kid and he has won many games with his free kicks and assists.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 19:53]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:59 - Oct 17 with 641 viewskingslandstand1

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 18:06 - Oct 17 by I_would

FACT. We haven't won in 7 matches in a row with WP.
FACT. We haven't played well or created enough chances.
FACT. It hasn't been much fun to watch.
FACT. No WP. We win.
FACT. We played really well.
FACT. It was fun to watch.
If you can't face the truth just put me on ignore.

Very much looking forward to the next 2 games.

Put you on ignore? Nah, would miss to entertainment
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 20:33 - Oct 17 with 623 viewsI_would

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:59 - Oct 17 by kingslandstand1

Put you on ignore? Nah, would miss to entertainment

Some people don't get it but you obviously do.

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:00 - Oct 17 with 606 viewsSadoldgit

So you admit that you are just a WUM?
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 21:22 - Oct 17 with 581 viewsMessysaints

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:31 - Oct 17 by I_would

WP scores a goal every 28 games, without fail. Diallo has got 27 games to go before he falls behind. Mind you that won't happen because Ralph will have WP in the side in 3 games time. Enjoy the attractive play while you can!

By the way, bored with it now and looking forward to Saturday.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 19:32]

Diallo has 1 goal in 106 apps, you cant count........... jwp got his first goal in his 2nd app at 17 years old?, Diallo need 106 apps....... think ive said enough...

Will look froward to next saturday when Diallo shows the world his super attacking powers as he aims for 6 forward passes in a game
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 21:26]
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:33 - Oct 17 with 542 viewsDorsetIan

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 19:51 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

This shouldn't be an argument about who is better, Ward-Prowse or Diallo. It's not a matter of one or the other. They are both important players and Diallo came in yesterday and did well I thought. Ward-Prowse is a top professional, who is loyal to Saints and he brings many useful attributes such as his set pieces, leadership, and hard work. He is certainly an important member of the squad.

But there are some who say he slows down the play, and we lose some of our fast attacking flowing football when he plays. I can see what they are saying, and that's fair enough. Considering we won yesterday, who would have taken 50 million for him that we could have spent on a top striker and another midfielder? I think I would have done, but he is here and he has a big role to play in our team. Admittedly, there may be times when we don't need him in the team slowing things down but other times, we definitely need his attributes. Nonetheless, I like the guy, he seems loyal to the club, he has been here since a kid and he has won many games with his free kicks and assists.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 19:53]

This. It's doesn't have to be love or hate.

And we can look at it neutrally. If we can continue to play attractive, attacking football without him, then maybe his absence is simply a catalyst. And when he comes back he can join in the fun and improve things still further.

Either way, it's all good.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:41 - Oct 17 with 536 viewsSaintNick

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:33 - Oct 17 by DorsetIan

This. It's doesn't have to be love or hate.

And we can look at it neutrally. If we can continue to play attractive, attacking football without him, then maybe his absence is simply a catalyst. And when he comes back he can join in the fun and improve things still further.

Either way, it's all good.

JWP is a very good player, it is unfair on him to write him off because we got the ball forward quickly against a poor Leeds side, JWP has battled through a hard t opening games before this one, he might well have flourished

You are right it doesn't have to be love or hate every player, they all have a part to play, Djenepo might never become a 38 game a season man, but he will come through sometimes.

So will Redmond, Walcott & Elyounoussi, the trick is to rotating them for the right games.

We might not have 1 player who can give us 38 good games out wide, but we have four who can perhaps give us 30 good games between them

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 10:38 - Oct 18 with 479 viewsDorsetIan

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 22:41 - Oct 17 by SaintNick

JWP is a very good player, it is unfair on him to write him off because we got the ball forward quickly against a poor Leeds side, JWP has battled through a hard t opening games before this one, he might well have flourished

You are right it doesn't have to be love or hate every player, they all have a part to play, Djenepo might never become a 38 game a season man, but he will come through sometimes.

So will Redmond, Walcott & Elyounoussi, the trick is to rotating them for the right games.

We might not have 1 player who can give us 38 good games out wide, but we have four who can perhaps give us 30 good games between them

I'm not talking about JWP, but there does come a point with some players where it's reasonable to conclude that you've seen enough and that they shouldn't be starting - if only because there are clearly better options available.

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 11:31 - Oct 18 with 470 viewssaint901

Class is permanent and form is temporary.

Also, context is everything.

JWP is a fine player. He has the record to prove it and needs not to be too worried about those who would have him out in the next transfer window.

Most of us see him and the whole match only at St Mary's. There we are known as an attacking team and consequently, unless its a "top" team, there is a fair amount of bus parking. Add in the coaching mantra that keeping the ball is paramount, launching a speculative ball into the goal area is not going to be seen as "playing well".

For me therefore JWP will often pick a pass that keeps the ball and 9 times out of 10 that does not rob the attack of pace or momentum because 2 or 3 attackers against 5 or more defenders is always going to stifle the pace. Instead the coaching manual says to move the ball sideways and try to pull the defence around. That's what JWP does. Keep the ball, move the defence around and wait for an opening.

In that, my view is that Adams and Armstrong (A) have not helped. They are too similar and often want to occupy the same space or make the same run. Adams has a bit more top class experience and is better at that whilst Adams is still learning but needs to get on the program quickly. (I thought Broja was excellent against Leeds).

So JWP gets the ball, looks up and Adams/Armstrong are going to the same place, the left back is either crowding Redmond for space or is wide left but everybody knows will cut back to the right foot, robbing the attack of pace. Where is he going to pass to? His options have been limited.

Instead he keeps possession to reset the attack.

He's doing the right job in the above circumstances and when he returns I hope he is rested and feels a new confidence in the team (although we're not going to be playing teams as poor as Leeds every week). If he does, we will see his class and more forward passes that actually have meaning rather than an aimless punt.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 13:19 - Oct 18 with 446 viewsDorsetIan

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 11:31 - Oct 18 by saint901

Class is permanent and form is temporary.

Also, context is everything.

JWP is a fine player. He has the record to prove it and needs not to be too worried about those who would have him out in the next transfer window.

Most of us see him and the whole match only at St Mary's. There we are known as an attacking team and consequently, unless its a "top" team, there is a fair amount of bus parking. Add in the coaching mantra that keeping the ball is paramount, launching a speculative ball into the goal area is not going to be seen as "playing well".

For me therefore JWP will often pick a pass that keeps the ball and 9 times out of 10 that does not rob the attack of pace or momentum because 2 or 3 attackers against 5 or more defenders is always going to stifle the pace. Instead the coaching manual says to move the ball sideways and try to pull the defence around. That's what JWP does. Keep the ball, move the defence around and wait for an opening.

In that, my view is that Adams and Armstrong (A) have not helped. They are too similar and often want to occupy the same space or make the same run. Adams has a bit more top class experience and is better at that whilst Adams is still learning but needs to get on the program quickly. (I thought Broja was excellent against Leeds).

So JWP gets the ball, looks up and Adams/Armstrong are going to the same place, the left back is either crowding Redmond for space or is wide left but everybody knows will cut back to the right foot, robbing the attack of pace. Where is he going to pass to? His options have been limited.

Instead he keeps possession to reset the attack.

He's doing the right job in the above circumstances and when he returns I hope he is rested and feels a new confidence in the team (although we're not going to be playing teams as poor as Leeds every week). If he does, we will see his class and more forward passes that actually have meaning rather than an aimless punt.

That's an insightful post.

In your opinion, assuming you saw a difference yesterday, what was the reason? Broja and Elyounnoussi creating more forward options, Redmond having a freer role, or was it simply that we were playing a very poor side?

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 14:30 - Oct 18 with 420 viewssaint901

I think yesterday against Leeds (who were poor) the fact we had a "traditional" centre forward who played on the last defender made a big difference.

That pushed the centre backs deeper and without Kalvin Phillips, Leeds had no covering midfielder to pick up the space and restrict Redmond and Mo Eloynoussi (?). As a result they had a bit more space and importantly time to pick up pace and run at defenders backing away.

To mix it up Broja went to the channels and Redmond occupied the centre. As a result Leeds defenders were never comfortable because they never knew who they should be marking. They dropped into a zonal type pattern which also allowed Dnejpo and Redmond (again) to find the gaps.

Adams and Armstrong are too similar. Neither is particularly strong in the air (Broja is) and for me rely upon a slip pass on the corners of the area to put them in. With an absence of wide players of quality this allows the opposition full backs to squeeze in and deny that space. That leads to frustration for A&A and an issue for midfield players trying to creative. Hence JWP often has no or very few options.

So a centre forward able to hold the ball and pull in defenders, leaving space around him is very helpful.

Unless you are a Man City where they have no CF but probably 4 or 5 players who can do that job, a player who the opposition double team is always an advantage. Would coach a defence to double team A&A? Perhaps not. Double team Broja after Leeds game? Probably.

I'm looking forward to seeing JWP and Broja in the same team.
Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 15:25 - Oct 18 with 395 viewsDorsetIan

Where's all the Prowsey Droolers now? on 14:30 - Oct 18 by saint901

I think yesterday against Leeds (who were poor) the fact we had a "traditional" centre forward who played on the last defender made a big difference.

That pushed the centre backs deeper and without Kalvin Phillips, Leeds had no covering midfielder to pick up the space and restrict Redmond and Mo Eloynoussi (?). As a result they had a bit more space and importantly time to pick up pace and run at defenders backing away.

To mix it up Broja went to the channels and Redmond occupied the centre. As a result Leeds defenders were never comfortable because they never knew who they should be marking. They dropped into a zonal type pattern which also allowed Dnejpo and Redmond (again) to find the gaps.

Adams and Armstrong are too similar. Neither is particularly strong in the air (Broja is) and for me rely upon a slip pass on the corners of the area to put them in. With an absence of wide players of quality this allows the opposition full backs to squeeze in and deny that space. That leads to frustration for A&A and an issue for midfield players trying to creative. Hence JWP often has no or very few options.

So a centre forward able to hold the ball and pull in defenders, leaving space around him is very helpful.

Unless you are a Man City where they have no CF but probably 4 or 5 players who can do that job, a player who the opposition double team is always an advantage. Would coach a defence to double team A&A? Perhaps not. Double team Broja after Leeds game? Probably.

I'm looking forward to seeing JWP and Broja in the same team.

Good stuff, and hopefully you'll post more analysis in the future.

Broja does have the look of a proper centre forward. Big man, but surprisingly good control and great speed and acceleration. And I make that three times now he's got on the end of corners and nearly angled them into the back post. Took his goal well too. Easy to see those blasted over the bar or straight at the keeper.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024