Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilkay Gündogan 13:56 - Nov 6 with 2291 viewsBison

Why is he the only player on the pitch without a poppy on his shirt ?

Is it because he's German or maybe a Muslim , or is it something more innocent like he changed his shirt at half time as some players do and I didnt see first half of game.

Whatever it does stick out and has got me curious.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ilkay Gündogan on 20:17 - Nov 6 with 2120 viewsKennington

No idea, but no one should be forced to wear any symbols and in my view it shouldn’t be made a big deal. Otherwise what’s the point of winning wars for freedom if part of the deal is imposing rules about mandatory commemoration?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ilkay Gündogan on 23:21 - Nov 6 with 2026 viewsChesham_Saint

Ilkay Gündogan on 20:17 - Nov 6 by Kennington

No idea, but no one should be forced to wear any symbols and in my view it shouldn’t be made a big deal. Otherwise what’s the point of winning wars for freedom if part of the deal is imposing rules about mandatory commemoration?

Or mandatory kneeling?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:00 - Nov 7 with 1926 viewsBison

Ilkay Gündogan on 23:21 - Nov 6 by Chesham_Saint

Or mandatory kneeling?

Thats different though according to some. You can only be virtuous for certain types of protest .

And to clear up the poppy on shirt , in the first half he had a shirt with a poppy on.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:18 - Nov 7 with 1904 viewsDorsetIan

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:00 - Nov 7 by Bison

Thats different though according to some. You can only be virtuous for certain types of protest .

And to clear up the poppy on shirt , in the first half he had a shirt with a poppy on.

Is Zaha still not kneeling?

Poppies, kneeling just the same, no? No one is absolutely forced to wear/do either but most either positively want to or don’t mind, so few refuse.

The booing of the knee seems to have gone now.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ilkay Gündogan on 12:08 - Nov 7 with 1836 viewsChesham_Saint

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:18 - Nov 7 by DorsetIan

Is Zaha still not kneeling?

Poppies, kneeling just the same, no? No one is absolutely forced to wear/do either but most either positively want to or don’t mind, so few refuse.

The booing of the knee seems to have gone now.

The boing of the knee may have gone, but maybe that shows it’s become trite and boring and therefore no longer fit for purpose?

Ilkay Gündogan on 16:34 - Nov 7 with 1745 viewsDorsetIan

Ilkay Gündogan on 12:08 - Nov 7 by Chesham_Saint

The boing of the knee may have gone, but maybe that shows it’s become trite and boring and therefore no longer fit for purpose?

I personally thought it had run its course by the end of last season, but the longer it goes on the harder it is to stop it, I suppose.

At recent saints’ games it’s been accompanied by applause. I never thought it was doing any harm and if it continues and becomes a permanent fixture, like poppy wearing, then I won’t lose any sleep about it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ilkay Gündogan on 08:08 - Nov 8 with 1588 viewsHeisenberg

The whole ground clapping through out the remembrance Last post at Old Trafford on Saturday was not only disrespectful but sad to witness.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:50 - Nov 8 with 1539 viewssaints__fan__73

It seems like the wearing of the poppy has moved from respecting the efforts of past generations who gave their life for the country to now being a way of showing your dislike of the government.

I was watching the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday and 3 people there had Poppies, Ross, Ed Sheeran and Michael McIntyre while the Corbinite Rob Delaney, a Muslim 'comedian' and also Irish Aisling Bea didn't....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:03 - Nov 8 with 1532 viewsHeisenberg

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:50 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

It seems like the wearing of the poppy has moved from respecting the efforts of past generations who gave their life for the country to now being a way of showing your dislike of the government.

I was watching the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday and 3 people there had Poppies, Ross, Ed Sheeran and Michael McIntyre while the Corbinite Rob Delaney, a Muslim 'comedian' and also Irish Aisling Bea didn't....

Is wearing a poppy compulsory ? And does the ‘Muslim comedian’ not have a name and do you know if he is a practising Muslim or have you just reached that conclusion by yourself.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:17 - Nov 8 with 1525 viewssaints__fan__73

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:03 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

Is wearing a poppy compulsory ? And does the ‘Muslim comedian’ not have a name and do you know if he is a practising Muslim or have you just reached that conclusion by yourself.

I had no idea of HER name, she barely said a word and was obviously there as part of the positive discrimination that is now rife in entertainment.

Just googled a picture of her. I'm going out on a limb here and assuming she is 'practicing'... (all by myself)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkGt2W2X4AAZbLs?format=jpg&name=medium
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 10:17]

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:29 - Nov 8 with 1503 viewsHeisenberg

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:17 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

I had no idea of HER name, she barely said a word and was obviously there as part of the positive discrimination that is now rife in entertainment.

Just googled a picture of her. I'm going out on a limb here and assuming she is 'practicing'... (all by myself)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkGt2W2X4AAZbLs?format=jpg&name=medium
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 10:17]

I apologise Bradley. I don't watch Jonathan Ross. I find him and chat shows in general annoying.

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:52 - Nov 8 with 1491 viewssaints__fan__73

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:29 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

I apologise Bradley. I don't watch Jonathan Ross. I find him and chat shows in general annoying.

Wow. I haven't been called Bradley for many a year! Stuey thought I was called that as brad was included in my user name for my very first account I had on Keith Legg's Saints web in the late 90s! (funnily enough BRAD was the acronym for the group at work I was working with then).

So you must be one of the old favoutites on here with a different user name? I assume from the fact you are defending a Muslim comedian you can't be Stu, Del or Dune!! :)

Ilkay Gündogan on 12:27 - Nov 8 with 1453 viewsChesham_Saint

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:03 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

I assumed he meant Nish Kumar. In which case in true Derek and Clive Style, he could have said “cvnt, London” and we’d have all known who he meant.

Ilkay Gündogan on 12:30 - Nov 8 with 1449 viewssaints__fan__73

Ilkay Gündogan on 12:27 - Nov 8 by Chesham_Saint

I assumed he meant Nish Kumar. In which case in true Derek and Clive Style, he could have said “cvnt, London” and we’d have all known who he meant.

No, it was a female 'comedian'. See above.

Ilkay Gündogan on 15:55 - Nov 8 with 1393 viewsHeisenberg

Ilkay Gündogan on 10:52 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

Wow. I haven't been called Bradley for many a year! Stuey thought I was called that as brad was included in my user name for my very first account I had on Keith Legg's Saints web in the late 90s! (funnily enough BRAD was the acronym for the group at work I was working with then).

So you must be one of the old favoutites on here with a different user name? I assume from the fact you are defending a Muslim comedian you can't be Stu, Del or Dune!! :)

Same user name. Dune and Del were funny though although took things too far on a few occasions. Dunes antiques advice and New Year’s Eve all you can eat Chinese buffets were top posts.

Ilkay Gündogan on 15:58 - Nov 8 with 1391 viewssaints__fan__73

Ilkay Gündogan on 15:55 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

Same user name. Dune and Del were funny though although took things too far on a few occasions. Dunes antiques advice and New Year’s Eve all you can eat Chinese buffets were top posts.

Yes they were. I assumed they were all warned off by Nick?

The one who really ruined this place was Leslie and all his aliases. It actually resembles a football forum now he's finally gone.

Ilkay Gündogan on 17:11 - Nov 8 with 1347 viewsBuggalugs

Ilkay Gündogan on 15:58 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

Yes they were. I assumed they were all warned off by Nick?

The one who really ruined this place was Leslie and all his aliases. It actually resembles a football forum now he's finally gone.

Leslie was an odd one, but was very good for comedy value as were both Del and Dune. I miss all the good characters that were banned or simply stopped posting...it's all a bit too serious and dull on here a lot of the time now.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Ilkay Gündogan on 11:37 - Nov 9 with 1223 viewsGasGiant

Ilkay Gündogan on 09:50 - Nov 8 by saints__fan__73

If certain young Irish sports stars and celbrities actually knew how many Irishmen fought (and died) as part of the British Army in World War 1 their antipathy towards the poppy would be seen for what it is - ignorant uninformed and typical of the historically illiterate. It is not hard to find a list of the Irish Regiments and the large number of battalions that dwarf the regiments of today. My own grandfather - a Catholic to boot - had already emigrated to Canada when war broke out but returned to the UK to volunteer as did many others. When I think of him and what he went through out of a sense of duty then I see these pathetic virtue signalling luvvies for what they are.
Ilkay Gündogan on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 1210 viewsKennington

Ilkay Gündogan on 17:11 - Nov 8 by Buggalugs

Leslie was an odd one, but was very good for comedy value as were both Del and Dune. I miss all the good characters that were banned or simply stopped posting...it's all a bit too serious and dull on here a lot of the time now.

The original Leslie, I recall was a comedy Les Reed, which was quite amusing. He seemed to change and have one too many strong opinions.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ilkay Gündogan on 21:00 - Nov 9 with 1152 viewsNewdawn2014

Ilkay Gündogan on 08:08 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

The whole ground clapping through out the remembrance Last post at Old Trafford on Saturday was not only disrespectful but sad to witness.

never watched it but does not surprise me, there was some chatting in the Northam and whoever they were they were shushed and obliged, I think we are a bit more respectful at this end of the country.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024