Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith 21:10 - Nov 7 with 4827 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56210/aston-villa-target

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 21:23 - Nov 7 with 3694 viewsHeisenberg

Let’s hope Ralph remembers how the club have stuck by him despite the two 9 nils and long runs with poor results . I do get a sense he recognises this but Villa are a big club with wealthy owners. Personally I think he will stay and won’t leave mid season. With the Howe deal at Newcastle apparently stalling and the Norwich job available could be an interesting few weeks.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 21:35 - Nov 7 with 3657 viewsSaintNick

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 21:23 - Nov 7 by Heisenberg

Let’s hope Ralph remembers how the club have stuck by him despite the two 9 nils and long runs with poor results . I do get a sense he recognises this but Villa are a big club with wealthy owners. Personally I think he will stay and won’t leave mid season. With the Howe deal at Newcastle apparently stalling and the Norwich job available could be an interesting few weeks.

Howe probably holding out for the Villa job, its nearer his home

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 3618 viewskingslandstand1

As if either would want to leave where they are now with projects still ongoing!
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 22:10 - Nov 7 with 3602 viewssaintwizzler

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 21:23 - Nov 7 by Heisenberg

Correct.
Hassenhuttl has broken the wrong records at the club.
The club have stuck by him.
I personally wouldn’t mind if he left if I knew the club would go for a decent replacement.
Unfortunately I can’t see that so I hope he stays.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 3577 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's a shoe-in for Howe at Villa.

I imagine Norwich couldn't afford Nuno so he'll end up at Newcastle ... Steve Bruce to Norwich.

It feels like a proper manager revolving circus this year. Boring and predictable with no new talent appearing.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 22:58 - Nov 7 with 3512 viewsButty101

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 22:18 - Nov 7 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's a shoe-in for Howe at Villa.

I imagine Norwich couldn't afford Nuno so he'll end up at Newcastle ... Steve Bruce to Norwich.

It feels like a proper manager revolving circus this year. Boring and predictable with no new talent appearing.

Looks like Rodgers is off to Man U . I would of thought Leicester would be a better fit for Ralph

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:07 - Nov 7 with 3507 viewspjt50

Odds are shortening with the bookies — currently 8/1. If he did go I'd wish him well. He'd leave us in a much better state than when he joined.

Shame to rip up the playbook though.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:19 - Nov 7 with 3488 viewsBicester_North

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:07 - Nov 7 by pjt50

Odds are shortening with the bookies — currently 8/1. If he did go I'd wish him well. He'd leave us in a much better state than when he joined.

Not having a go but I wonder why you would wish someone well who goes to a premier league rival for more money?
I’m hoping it’s all bollocks and he has no intention of leaving but it’s like the Ings situation, if he does well it’s at Saints’ expense. I’d rather anyone that leaves us for another PL club has a disastrous time.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:33 - Nov 7 with 3477 viewspjt50

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:19 - Nov 7 by Bicester_North

Not having a go but I wonder why you would wish someone well who goes to a premier league rival for more money?
I’m hoping it’s all bollocks and he has no intention of leaving but it’s like the Ings situation, if he does well it’s at Saints’ expense. I’d rather anyone that leaves us for another PL club has a disastrous time.

For the same old reason. At the end of the day most of us would move on for a better opportunity.

I know we've stuck by him during some tough times but the events of the past week have shown there's precious little loyalty around in the PL.

I'd draw the line at Ings, though, mainly for the way he went about it.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:56 - Nov 7 with 3455 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 23:07 - Nov 7 by pjt50

Pretty sure Hassenhuttl won't be leaving Saints just yet - unless they WANT him to leave and Howe is stalling on Newcastle for that reason. Ugh.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 07:50 - Nov 8 with 3314 viewsMattFinish

Ralph has done miracles with a squad that most managers would get relegated with. If he did decide to go it would be due jointly to the lack of backing from the owners and the continual criticism from the bed wetters every time he loses or draws a game
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 08:15 - Nov 8 with 3282 viewsHeisenberg

Lack of backing from the owners ? Any other club would have sacked a manager after two 9 nil humiliations. Can’t imagine Villas owners or indeed there fans putting up with a Villa 0 Leicester 9 result. After all as Ings said they are a top 4 club.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 09:29 - Nov 8 with 3207 viewsButty101

Im not Ralphs biggest fan and think he has had a very mixed time with us and lucky to still be here.
We are either in hot form or really bad form. There never seems to be an inbetwreen. When football paused due to covid, saints were on a shocking run and looking over their shoulder. The game paused and allowed us to reset and stay up. Whos to say Ralph would have turned that round with out the pause.

If Villa are looking to go to the "next level", im not sure what Ralph has done to suggest hes the man for them.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 09:57 - Nov 8 with 3183 viewssolent_toffee

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 09:29 - Nov 8 by Butty101

Im not Ralphs biggest fan and think he has had a very mixed time with us and lucky to still be here.
We are either in hot form or really bad form. There never seems to be an inbetwreen. When football paused due to covid, saints were on a shocking run and looking over their shoulder. The game paused and allowed us to reset and stay up. Whos to say Ralph would have turned that round with out the pause.

If Villa are looking to go to the "next level", im not sure what Ralph has done to suggest hes the man for them.

Totally agree, it was only a few weeks ago when he was getting stick on here and in the current managerial climate I think he’s lucky to still be in a job at Saints so it’s rather fanciful to suggest he’s being eyed up by other clubs after winning a couple of games.
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 10:09 - Nov 8 with 3170 viewssaintwizzler

Lampard or Gerrard before Ralphie.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 11:18 - Nov 8 with 3112 viewskingslandstand1

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 07:50 - Nov 8 by MattFinish

Ralph has done miracles with a squad that most managers would get relegated with. If he did decide to go it would be due jointly to the lack of backing from the owners and the continual criticism from the bed wetters every time he loses or draws a game

You could be right re the owner's lack of backing based on what Ralph has previously said, but somehow I wouldn't have thought he reads comments on forum's such as this to let that worry him!
After all, everyone on here could do a better job than Ralph at some time or other apparently
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 14:00 - Nov 8 with 3012 viewssaint901

At the end of the day, managers, like players, are professional. They get paid to do the job and whilst some may have a soft spot for particular clubs (executives, fans, organisation, etc), they will go if they get a better offer.

Loyalty is not usually high on their list of reasons for turning down a better offer.

For managers, those reasons may be a bigger fund for players, vision of the owners, ability to direct/control transfers.

Expecting managers (or players) to stay just because the club has "stood by them" over poor results is bound to end in disappointment.
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 14:12 - Nov 8 with 2993 viewsKennington

Well RH has done a good job keeping us up, it’s hard to forgive two 9-nils. It’s surely unheard of for a manager to survive two of those. As a few comments above if we can find a half decent replacement I won’t lose too much sleep over him leaving. But it’s not a great time as he’s got us playing arguably best in a long while.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 15:05 - Nov 8 with 2925 viewsSadoldgit

I have no idea if he would be tempted to leave or not, but other jobs have become available and he is still here. I get the feeling that both him and the club have signed up to a long term project and both are on the same page. Of course he will leave at some point but I really don’t think that will be any time soon.
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 15:39 - Nov 8 with 2884 viewsMattFinish

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 08:15 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

Lack of backing from the owners ? Any other club would have sacked a manager after two 9 nil humiliations. Can’t imagine Villas owners or indeed there fans putting up with a Villa 0 Leicester 9 result. After all as Ings said they are a top 4 club.

So you think the owners have financially backed him?
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 15:51 - Nov 8 with 2858 viewsA1079

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 15:05 - Nov 8 by Sadoldgit

I have no idea if he would be tempted to leave or not, but other jobs have become available and he is still here. I get the feeling that both him and the club have signed up to a long term project and both are on the same page. Of course he will leave at some point but I really don’t think that will be any time soon.

The likely reason that Ralph is still with us after last seasons disastrous run of results that nearly got us relegated is that in the case of the club it would probably have been financially too expensive and then finding someone else which would not have been cheap and in the case of Ralph - why would he leave of his own accord when being dismissed would get a large pay off and secondly, his reputation has been somewhat scarred with the two 9-0 results and the either we do really well or we collapse record of his tenure at Saints.

I find him being considered for Villa fanciful to be honest. Just can't see it. If he had taken us to a European spot may be but for the reasons above Ralph is probably grateful he has a club that has stuck with him (for whatever reason) and a set of fans that have not got on his back at all. This season is showing some promising signs and some lessons learned but I will judge him over a whole season. If we can get through it with consistent results and no collapse and no embarrassing results then that will be progress (I am not expecting us to get a European spot).
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 15:52 - Nov 8 with 2857 viewsHeisenberg

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 15:39 - Nov 8 by MattFinish

So you think the owners have financially backed him?

Not financially I would agree. But they could have sacked him after the poor results and 9-0 humiliations. I think it’s commendable they didn’t by the way and hope Ralph remembers it if Villa come knocking.

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 16:09 - Nov 8 with 2827 viewsI_would

Why would Villa want Ralph? Do they want to average 15th? Do they want several negative stat records? Do they want to pay £20m release clause?

He's not going anywhere same as WP.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 16:24 - Nov 8 with 2791 viewsKriSaint

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 16:09 - Nov 8 by I_would

Why would Villa want Ralph? Do they want to average 15th? Do they want several negative stat records? Do they want to pay £20m release clause?

I agree that he is not going anywhere. With his comments on Villas interest in JWP it would be morally disgusting.
20 million release clause.., seriously?
Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 17:19 - Nov 8 with 2722 viewsSadoldgit

Aston Villa Target Hasenhuttl And Steven Gerrard To Replace Dean Smith on 16:09 - Nov 8 by I_would

Because he is a good manager?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024