Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) 16:53 - Nov 20 with 1609 viewsElijahK

An away loss to the team who were in stone dead last…
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 16:54]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 16:58 - Nov 20 with 1580 viewsdirk_doone

I never want to see McCarthy or Walcott play for Saints again but I've said that several times already this season and they are still there costing us more and more points FFS.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:01 - Nov 20 with 1570 viewsElijahK

Just some shit displays out there today! I mean there were very few, if any at all, players that actually impressed me today, whilst there were quite a few that were just shite! I mean Diallo, KWP, Walcott and McCarthy, who as much as I used to like is just rubbish now and has cost us way too many points! I don’t care what people say about Forster as he’s no better, but we really need a new goalie in January if we wanna get anywhere and actually have the ability to rely on them!

Still I don’t see what more Ralph could’ve done as their opener should’ve been ruled out for the clear foul on KWP (but as per usual one of the 3 major clown PL officials (dean, moss and atkinson!) doesn’t do his job!) and seeing how S Armstrong and Djenpo were both injured with our bench only really having Tella for players who didn’t play and maybe should’ve, it’s just down to our poor quality of certain players that have cost us! But I’m sure the usual plastic Ralph out brigade will make the most of it.

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:02 - Nov 20 with 1559 viewssaint68

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 16:58 - Nov 20 by dirk_doone

I never want to see McCarthy or Walcott play for Saints again but I've said that several times already this season and they are still there costing us more and more points FFS.

Should be sent out on loan to the skates, that'll secure the fukers a definite relegation

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:04 - Nov 20 with 1550 viewsElijahK

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 16:58 - Nov 20 by dirk_doone

Well I’d prefer McCarthy in goal over Forster (although I wouldn’t be anywhere near as bothered if he did start Forster now) up until January where we can buy an actual PL quality goalie! But Walcott I sure do agree on, yet I still remember of how when he first joined (as in on loan) I said he was gonna be shit and a waste of money yet got kids of stick for it, still at least no one can give me stick anymore! But other than the Walcott sub (as I’d of certainly preferred Tella) not much Ralph could’ve done

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:04 - Nov 20 with 1547 viewsRon11

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:01 - Nov 20 by ElijahK

Just some shit displays out there today! I mean there were very few, if any at all, players that actually impressed me today, whilst there were quite a few that were just shite! I mean Diallo, KWP, Walcott and McCarthy, who as much as I used to like is just rubbish now and has cost us way too many points! I don’t care what people say about Forster as he’s no better, but we really need a new goalie in January if we wanna get anywhere and actually have the ability to rely on them!

Still I don’t see what more Ralph could’ve done as their opener should’ve been ruled out for the clear foul on KWP (but as per usual one of the 3 major clown PL officials (dean, moss and atkinson!) doesn’t do his job!) and seeing how S Armstrong and Djenpo were both injured with our bench only really having Tella for players who didn’t play and maybe should’ve, it’s just down to our poor quality of certain players that have cost us! But I’m sure the usual plastic Ralph out brigade will make the most of it.

So who you rather see out there, Tella or Walcott?
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:08 - Nov 20 with 1528 viewsElijahK

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:04 - Nov 20 by Ron11

So who you rather see out there, Tella or Walcott?

Tella definitely, but he’s inexperienced so I did get of why he didn’t play him, but after today and all the other displays he’s now showed, Walcott shouldn’t ever play again if ether Armstrong or Djenpo are available

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 1476 viewsbarry_sanchez

McCarthy is pure shite, Walcott is gash also, not the standard required even simply to remain in this division, there are 2/3 others in the side who're also Championship at best.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 1478 views1885_SFC

You can always guarantee that if there's a team that gets to the end of November and still hasn't won a single game in the Premier League - they'll do it against Southampton.

Always the same. Some things in life are a given...

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:23 - Nov 20 with 1468 viewsDorsetIan

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:08 - Nov 20 by ElijahK

Tella definitely, but he’s inexperienced so I did get of why he didn’t play him, but after today and all the other displays he’s now showed, Walcott shouldn’t ever play again if ether Armstrong or Djenpo are available

Djenepo is almost as bad. Neither are good enough.

Familiar story today. Norwich responded by changing tactics at half time and Ralph wasn’t able to react to the change. Part of Ralph’s problem is lack of depth in the squad. It’s not as bad as last year but Ralph + squad depth caused the loss today.

But I think we just have to get used to this from Ralph, and take the rough with the smooth.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:29 - Nov 20 with 1451 viewssaint68

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:23 - Nov 20 by DorsetIan

Djenepo is almost as bad. Neither are good enough.

Familiar story today. Norwich responded by changing tactics at half time and Ralph wasn’t able to react to the change. Part of Ralph’s problem is lack of depth in the squad. It’s not as bad as last year but Ralph + squad depth caused the loss today.

But I think we just have to get used to this from Ralph, and take the rough with the smooth.

Hassenhutl gave Norwich the advantage with his ridiculous decisions in the second half..he basically conceded advantage and the result reflects that

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:30 - Nov 20 with 1447 viewsBridders2

We missed our most intelligent midfielder and we can't score. Putting Walcott on is always the wrong move and we've got a suspect keeper.
So new striker and keeper ASAP in the transfer window please....even if they're on loan until the summer.
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:32 - Nov 20 with 1428 viewspjt50

Oh well, looking on the bright side it sends Newcastle to the bottom of the table.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:39 - Nov 20 with 1399 viewssaint22

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:04 - Nov 20 by ElijahK

Well I’d prefer McCarthy in goal over Forster (although I wouldn’t be anywhere near as bothered if he did start Forster now) up until January where we can buy an actual PL quality goalie! But Walcott I sure do agree on, yet I still remember of how when he first joined (as in on loan) I said he was gonna be shit and a waste of money yet got kids of stick for it, still at least no one can give me stick anymore! But other than the Walcott sub (as I’d of certainly preferred Tella) not much Ralph could’ve done

well you are a fool if you think mccarthy should start again
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:57 - Nov 20 with 1344 viewsBLEEDRED

Things will not change, the team can only play for 45 mins, everyone knows how to play against Saints - give up two thirds of the pitch, let Saints pass it around, with their power puff shooting not much danger in the penalty area, then second half change tactics and Saints will not have a clue what to do! RH will continue to play the same way game after game,
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 18:04 - Nov 20 with 1320 viewsA1079

What is partly annoying is that there is nothing about this result that surprises me. Yes, on paper I expected us to win but something all along was telling me we wouldn't. Our history of losing to teams that haven't been doing well or allowing players to score that have not scored for ages is almost a given to change when they face us.

But, that is an aside. What I managed to see on the stream is that in the first half (yet again) we should have put the game virtually to bed - yet, (again) we failed to do so (the stats say we had 12 shots on goal in the first half to Norwich's 1 and yet at half time it was 1-1). We have been relying on scoring a single goal now for how many games? That is fine when you continue to be the stronger side and you sure as hell make sure you do not make mistakes or make the wrong choices and I am afraid we did make some wrong choices and McCarthy was just frankly poor. The second goal was save-able and I don't know why, but he was so slow to react. Walcott was a passenger - he offered nothing, absolutely nothing. Bringing him on said to me that Ralph was hoping we would get the draw at least but surely not - not when only 62 minutes had been played at that point. This is a game we should have been looking to win and yet in the 2nd half we seem to run out of ideas and we were predictable. I have never been impressed with Walcott - his reputation far exceeds his actual contribution - what we see is what Arsenal and Everton supporters were saying for ages.

Once Norwich took the lead could anyone honestly say that they could see us responding? We never remotely looked like equalising let alone going on to win.

We had a chance of putting a real gap between us and the rest today especially with a difficult run coming up. I do not buy this thing that we are a stronger squad. I was perplexed by people suggesting we have moved on from last season. It is only November and last November all looked rosy and look where that lead. What is to say that that won't happen again. I do think we have a few good and promising players and we have played well at times this season and I have enjoyed our football and support but we are a long way from being that team that can be looking up rather than down. We are lightweight up front with an awful conversion rate and then add errors like today and wins will continue to be hard to come by.
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 18:43 - Nov 20 with 1231 viewsCenturion

We had the perfect start. One up and their heads drop.
Letting them score was a disaster. If we had held the lead just a little longer I am sure we would have scored more and won at a canter.

Still, that's Saints. We always manage to humiliate ourselves. If it is not losing 9-0, then we lose to a team that hasn't won at home for how long?
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 18:51 - Nov 20 with 1221 viewsNewdawn2014

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:21 - Nov 20 by 1885_SFC

You can always guarantee that if there's a team that gets to the end of November and still hasn't won a single game in the Premier League - they'll do it against Southampton.

Always the same. Some things in life are a given...

Or when the opposing team is announced and a returning player who has been injured for 18 months with 2 broken legs scores a hat trick, ah ! Saints you you make me laugh and cry in equal measure.
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 18:54 - Nov 20 with 1208 viewsElijahK

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:39 - Nov 20 by saint22

well you are a fool if you think mccarthy should start again

What have you forgotten how Forster was? Even when he has played recently you can still see that he just doesn’t come out enough, and unless we’re gonna play that youth goalie then we’ve gotta start one of them until January and Forster just isn’t any better (although like I said before I wouldn’t be as bothered as I would be in the past) so there’s no point in changing them until January when we can actually have a PL quality keeper

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 18:58 - Nov 20 with 1202 viewsElijahK

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 17:57 - Nov 20 by BLEEDRED

Things will not change, the team can only play for 45 mins, everyone knows how to play against Saints - give up two thirds of the pitch, let Saints pass it around, with their power puff shooting not much danger in the penalty area, then second half change tactics and Saints will not have a clue what to do! RH will continue to play the same way game after game,

Oh is that why we won 3 of the last 4 games before today, as well as getting results against the likes of Man City/United and Chelsea in the cup (as yeah we did get knocked out, but we managed to send it to penalties and that was impressive in itself) as Hasenhurtle does change his tactics as that’s why we went to a back 3 at the end as that allowed KWP and Livermento to push up more. We simply won’t get anyone better than Ralph for the state that the clubs in, and seeing how we won’t be going down this season well for what he gets investment wise, is just proof enough that he’s a decent manager for us.
As his tactics created us all the chances in the first half, but it was the players on the pitch that didn’t take them, and was the reason we weren’t 3-0 up at half time, as blaming him for that is like blaming a manager for a player missing a penalty/a player getting sent off for violent conduct (aka something a manger can’t really do anything about until it’s too late!)
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 19:03]

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 19:54 - Nov 20 with 1086 viewsCity_boy

Just got back after a disappointing game to say the least.

Had to drive today because of rail replacement service between Norwich and Ipswich, otherwise I would have normally had a few beers to numb the pain.

Had a great start, Norwich supporters went quiet and we were in the ascendency, but again nothing to show for it at half time..

I couldn't quite see how much McCarthy was to blame for first goal, but he was definitely to blame for the 2nd and got away with a clanger after coming out and flapping at a cross again and missing. Basically he was awful today. Distribution was slow and he started to p**s around with it a lot.

Livramento was very quiet by his standards, hardly making any of his darting runs, but to be fair I don't think a single player covered themselves in glory today.

We seemed to slip back into the old ways of playing backwards and sideways again. It might be just me, that thinks JWP is culpable for this ? We seemed to be more direct, when was serving his ban. As for Dialo, I lost count how many times he gave the ball away, trying to spare 40 yds balls all the time.

This loss was hard to take today.
Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 21:48 - Nov 20 with 929 viewsRon11

Norwich 2-1 Southampton reactions (n/t) on 19:54 - Nov 20 by City_boy

Just got back after a disappointing game to say the least.

Had to drive today because of rail replacement service between Norwich and Ipswich, otherwise I would have normally had a few beers to numb the pain.

Had a great start, Norwich supporters went quiet and we were in the ascendency, but again nothing to show for it at half time..

I couldn't quite see how much McCarthy was to blame for first goal, but he was definitely to blame for the 2nd and got away with a clanger after coming out and flapping at a cross again and missing. Basically he was awful today. Distribution was slow and he started to p**s around with it a lot.

Livramento was very quiet by his standards, hardly making any of his darting runs, but to be fair I don't think a single player covered themselves in glory today.

We seemed to slip back into the old ways of playing backwards and sideways again. It might be just me, that thinks JWP is culpable for this ? We seemed to be more direct, when was serving his ban. As for Dialo, I lost count how many times he gave the ball away, trying to spare 40 yds balls all the time.

This loss was hard to take today.

The backwards and sideways ( that always seems to appear in the second half ) was there again - does it stem from not having a game plan from the manager? I mean does he not implement tactics for the second half....nobody seems to have a clue most of the time, so what do they do with the ball?
Ralph seems to waste no time spitting feathers at his players when things don't go well. For example Walcott's poor headed attempt - but you took Adams off and brought Walcott on, pal. Why? Che did not look happy at being hauled off.
Just look at Ranieri's destruction of Man United today with a squad no better than Saints.It was pretty classy. I've had enough of the one goal a game win, draw or lose then shut up shop in the second half, pull off an in form striker and of course another defender.
Oh for another Ranieri..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024