Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humphrys on loan? 21:11 - Nov 27 with 8901 viewsJames1980

Young Stephen doesn't seem to be a first or even second choice forward for Wigan. I've said it before and am saying again it would be worth having a word with Wigan and seeing if we can get Humps on loan in January till the end of the season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Humphrys on loan? on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 4870 views442Dale

He’s been struggling with Covid recently it seems and now may get more time after the news about Wyke this week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Humphrys on loan? on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 4857 viewsTVOS1907

He'll be injured before the end of January.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Humphrys on loan? on 21:22 - Nov 27 with 4838 viewsJames1980

Humphrys on loan? on 21:18 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

He’s been struggling with Covid recently it seems and now may get more time after the news about Wyke this week.

I believe the term is DYOR which I didn't so was unaware of his current health/fitness issues.

Humphrys on loan? on 21:31 - Nov 27 with 4796 views442Dale

Humphrys on loan? on 21:22 - Nov 27 by James1980

I believe the term is DYOR which I didn't so was unaware of his current health/fitness issues.

I only knew because he tweeted about it this evening!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Humphrys on loan? on 21:37 - Nov 27 with 4772 viewsD_Dale

Against Plymouth today he came on as a sub, his 19th appearance for Wigan this season. So he's not been altogether passed over.

After three consecutive defeats, incidentally, Dale's FA Cup opponents a week tomorrow might be feeling less confident.
Humphrys on loan? on 21:50 - Nov 27 with 4713 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on loan? on 21:37 - Nov 27 by D_Dale

Against Plymouth today he came on as a sub, his 19th appearance for Wigan this season. So he's not been altogether passed over.

After three consecutive defeats, incidentally, Dale's FA Cup opponents a week tomorrow might be feeling less confident.

Watched by 703 true Wigan fans as well.

Humphrys on loan? on 22:26 - Nov 27 with 4586 viewsNewbury_Dale

He's probably trebled his money going to Wigan, so I doubt he will be looking at a move anytime soon.
Humphrys on loan? on 23:16 - Nov 27 with 4497 viewsJames1980

Humphrys on loan? on 21:37 - Nov 27 by D_Dale

How many minutes has he played this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Humphrys on loan? on 23:22 - Nov 27 with 4465 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on loan? on 23:16 - Nov 27 by James1980

How many minutes has he played this season?

Not enough to justify the wage Wigan are probably paying him.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=100006

Regardless, it's highly unlikely (a) we would want him on loan, (b) Wigan would let him out on loan and (c) he would want to come here on loan.

Humphrys on loan? on 23:28 - Nov 27 with 4465 viewsdale1968

No way should he ever be a dale player again.
Greedy so and so couldn't wait to desert us.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Humphrys on loan? on 23:28 - Nov 27 with 4465 viewsJames1980

Humphrys on loan? on 23:22 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

Regardless, it's highly unlikely (a) we would want him on loan, (b) Wigan would let him out on loan and (c) he would want to come here on loan.

If his lack of minutes is not majority fitness related. I'd consider getting him back to convert some of those Xg to actually G's for a slight add ons reduction.

Humphrys on loan? on 23:28 - Nov 27 with 4464 viewsHullDale

Don't forget the rumours surrounding his departure.

He allegedly refused to train in order to force a move through to Wigan. He'd previously made a big deal of how much he liked Rochdale, he wanted to be here and this was his 'home'.

I think in our current team, if he applied himself and he stayed injury free, he could be a 30 goal a season striker.

I also think that, for a 24 year old who signed a pro contract 5 years ago, 7 stints with 6 clubs (almost all with 15+ games) is a LOT and suggests the off field work ethic might not necessarily mirror the social media appearance.
Humphrys on loan? on 23:39 - Nov 27 with 4418 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on loan? on 23:28 - Nov 27 by HullDale

Don't forget the rumours surrounding his departure.

He allegedly refused to train in order to force a move through to Wigan. He'd previously made a big deal of how much he liked Rochdale, he wanted to be here and this was his 'home'.

I think in our current team, if he applied himself and he stayed injury free, he could be a 30 goal a season striker.

I also think that, for a 24 year old who signed a pro contract 5 years ago, 7 stints with 6 clubs (almost all with 15+ games) is a LOT and suggests the off field work ethic might not necessarily mirror the social media appearance.

What rumours? Alleged by whom?

Genuine questions.

Humphrys on loan? on 23:43 - Nov 27 with 4402 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on loan? on 23:28 - Nov 27 by James1980

If his lack of minutes is not majority fitness related. I'd consider getting him back to convert some of those Xg to actually G's for a slight add ons reduction.

Joe Bunney scored more actual Gs today than Humphrys has this season. He must be due another spell with us.

Humphrys on loan? on 23:49 - Nov 27 with 4399 viewsHullDale

Humphrys on loan? on 23:39 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

What rumours? Alleged by whom?

Genuine questions.

I seem to remember it being discussed on here / twitter (admittedly I was a lurker not a poster at the time) and thinking it seemed to be coming from people who were usually credible / accurate with stuff like that.

I just had a very quick search and couldn't see it on here, but with a bit of digging I could probably find the threads. Happy to hold my hands up if it wasn't the case, though.
Humphrys on loan? on 23:51 - Nov 27 with 4352 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on loan? on 23:49 - Nov 27 by HullDale

I seem to remember it being discussed on here / twitter (admittedly I was a lurker not a poster at the time) and thinking it seemed to be coming from people who were usually credible / accurate with stuff like that.

I just had a very quick search and couldn't see it on here, but with a bit of digging I could probably find the threads. Happy to hold my hands up if it wasn't the case, though.

No worries, you could well be right.

Humphrys on loan? on 00:01 - Nov 28 with 4338 viewsHullDale

Humphrys on loan? on 23:51 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

No worries, you could well be right.

One of the links here:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/273820/page:1

Happy to be told otherwise, but it seemed to be a pretty consistent rumour at the time (& also matched some of the noises coming from Southend when he wanted out of there).
Humphrys on loan? on 07:43 - Nov 28 with 4105 viewsrichfoad32

Humphrys on loan? on 23:22 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

Not to mention being able to afford the % of the not inconsiderable wages Wigan are now paying him and would probably want for loaning him out. Plus the loan fee.

Not going to happen.
Humphrys on loan? on 09:23 - Nov 28 with 3995 viewsjonahwhereru

Humphrys on loan? on 00:01 - Nov 28 by HullDale

One of the links here:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/273820/page:1

Happy to be told otherwise, but it seemed to be a pretty consistent rumour at the time (& also matched some of the noises coming from Southend when he wanted out of there).

To be fair at Southend he was not getting paid and had moved into a hotel by the time he had left.

At Dale he he was regularly and well rewarded, lauded and lived a spit away from his childhood manor.

Having said that I would not have an issue with his return here at some stage in the future. Provided his fitness record is reasonable at the time.
Humphrys on loan? on 10:11 - Nov 28 with 3888 viewsfunkkk

I was one of the people who commented on the other thread. I’ve never claimed to be ITK on Dale matters but I do know about SH. Humps is extremely ambitious and believes he’s capable of playing in the Championship. I highly doubt a move back to us would be on the cards.
Humphrys on loan? on 12:13 - Nov 28 with 3677 viewsYadHoDale

Ultimately its up to Robbie Stockdale, who is doing imho a pretty decent job so far, but I'd be keeping an eye on Ian Henderson's situation at Salford. He'd probably rather play than not play or be sub, and might still fancy a crack at the Dale record goalscorer thingy...
Humphrys on loan? on 13:16 - Nov 28 with 3541 viewsTVOS1907

Humphrys on loan? on 12:13 - Nov 28 by YadHoDale

Ultimately its up to Robbie Stockdale, who is doing imho a pretty decent job so far, but I'd be keeping an eye on Ian Henderson's situation at Salford. He'd probably rather play than not play or be sub, and might still fancy a crack at the Dale record goalscorer thingy...

He's injured at the moment.

Humphrys on loan? on 13:28 - Nov 28 with 3518 viewsnordenblue

Humphrys on loan? on 12:13 - Nov 28 by YadHoDale

Hes having problems with his back thats gone on for a good while, might be from carrying his wallet around.....
Humphrys on loan? on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 3427 views100notout

Humphrys on loan? on 13:28 - Nov 28 by nordenblue

Hes having problems with his back thats gone on for a good while, might be from carrying his wallet around.....

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Humphrys on loan? on 08:43 - Nov 29 with 3019 viewsAtThePeake

Humphrys on loan? on 13:16 - Nov 28 by TVOS1907

He's injured at the moment.

Is he definitely out injured? I noticed he hadn't been playing, but he then started their televised cup match against Dagenham so I assumed it was just a case of him not catching but then being given some minutes in rotation for the cup. He hadn't played for weeks before that game and hasn't played since.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024