Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yoshida 12:16 - Nov 28 with 1203 viewsdirk_doone

It's good to see Yoshida is having a successful career in Serie A. He has established himself as a first choice central defender there and scored goals against Inter Milan and Juventus already this season.

I always liked him. Although not as good as van Dijk and Fonte, he was a good club servant for us.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-insists-made-right-choice-leaving-southampton-i
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 12:17]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Yoshida on 13:29 - Nov 28 with 1115 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I liked him too. Notices how he says Koeman and Pochettino were great coaches but dismisses the others. Top lad!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Yoshida on 13:57 - Nov 28 with 1081 viewsgreen

I’m not quite sure about all of his memories, I seem to recall watching us lose 6-1 on his debut against Arsenal, not the 0-0 he states here.

A useful squad player for us and came across well I’m pleased to hear he’s enjoying Serie A.
Yoshida on 14:18 - Nov 28 with 1061 viewskingslandstand1

Yoshida on 13:29 - Nov 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I liked him too. Notices how he says Koeman and Pochettino were great coaches but dismisses the others. Top lad!

Notice the respect he gave them by referring to them as "Mr"

I liked him as a great servant to the club, but also remember that in the first dew years he was also a pretty good bet for a glaring expensive error, but put that right towards the end of his time here
Yoshida on 17:15 - Nov 28 with 980 viewsTripleNiemi

Never moaned either when asked to play out of his favoured position. KWP is another in that mould....professionals.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Yoshida on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 976 viewskingslandstand1

Yoshida on 17:15 - Nov 28 by TripleNiemi

Never moaned either when asked to play out of his favoured position. KWP is another in that mould....professionals.

And if he went down after a bad tackle you knew he was hurt, no play acting with him
Yoshida on 17:52 - Nov 28 with 953 views1teeminants

He was a lot better than many on here thought he was that’s for sure. He was voted in by fans as one of the best performers in a World Cup and made the team of the tournament so he’s no mug. He made some mistakes like all our defenders seem to do but I thought he often didn’t get enough praise by some when he had a good game.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Yoshida on 18:28 - Nov 28 with 933 viewsA1079

me too Dirk. He loved our club and it showed. He was willing to do anything. Yes, he was not Van Dijk in defence but he gave his all. A very respectful dignified person. As far as I am concerned he will always be welcome at St Marys and should he ever return even with another club I hope he gets the reception he deserves but never had the chance to get when he left.
Yoshida on 10:59 - Nov 29 with 747 viewsSaintNick

Yoshida on 18:28 - Nov 28 by A1079

me too Dirk. He loved our club and it showed. He was willing to do anything. Yes, he was not Van Dijk in defence but he gave his all. A very respectful dignified person. As far as I am concerned he will always be welcome at St Marys and should he ever return even with another club I hope he gets the reception he deserves but never had the chance to get when he left.

He was a good servant to the club, no one can deny that, but we should honour him for what he did for us and not what he didn't, he had some good performances and he had some bad ones.

If we are all honest though he wasn't a first choice 38 game a season Premier League player, he was ok back up and good value for money.

He should always be welcomed back and now we can remember the good performances and forget the bad ones, just because I don't think someone was the greatest player for the club doesn't mean I dont appreciate them for what they did do

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024