Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints v Leicester build up 21:56 - Nov 28 with 6368 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

So any thoughts?

Forster in goal, back to usual formation, drop JWP from corners (preferably dropped totally) , KWP back at right back, Adams and Armstrong up front.

Leicester score easily. Saints don't. 0-2.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:24 - Nov 28 with 3412 viewsinthebox

Romeu appeared very pissed off and embarrassed about the first half mess that Ralph's tactics caused on Saturday. The managers going to have to careful he doesn't lose the players completely. Losing to Norwich was poor losing to Liverpool by the same scoreline as there match against United isn't the end of the world. But the team selection and the tactics were taking the piss. I think JWP does need a rest, I think he'll stick with Mc in goal with Tino, Salisu, Lyanco, JWP Dialo, Romeu, Redmond Adams Broja and AA
Saints v Leicester build up on 22:30 - Nov 28 with 3394 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agree with that, the manager is dangerously close to having players not perform - you can see it. Maybe that is what JWP's problem is.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:42 - Nov 28 with 3380 views1885_SFC

I thought Tino has looked a little tired/burnt out the past two games. He's only a young lad & Ralph did say recently that we'll have to keep an eye on him/not overdo things or words to that effect.

Would be good to see Vestergaard & Bertrand start for them midweek

Old School is Cool

Saints v Leicester build up on 23:33 - Nov 28 with 3344 viewsBicester_North

The only certainty is that McCarthy will start
Ward-Prowse should be dropped but probably won’t be
Stuart Armstrong and Redmond should start if fit
Vardy will almost definitely score
One more chance for A Armstrong with Adams up front
Tella and Broja on 60 minutes if we need a goal.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints v Leicester build up on 08:52 - Nov 29 with 3204 viewsRon11

If it's another tactical disaster and they lose again, Hassenhutl's position needs to be seriously reviewed, especially now as some of the players are openly showing exasperation with it all.
Saints v Leicester build up on 09:10 - Nov 29 with 3197 viewsHeisenberg

I fear for us. Madison is on fire and Vardy will terrify our defence.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saints v Leicester build up on 10:41 - Nov 29 with 3160 viewssaint22

FF should start but Ralph won't do that
Tino needs rest for KWP in his usual spot Perraud left and salisu and lyanco I would say, Bednarek looks awful

Diallo Romeu Stuey and Elyounoussi

Adams and Broja up top
Saints v Leicester build up on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 3136 viewsTimSaint

Saints v Leicester build up on 22:24 - Nov 28 by inthebox

Romeu appeared very pissed off and embarrassed about the first half mess that Ralph's tactics caused on Saturday. The managers going to have to careful he doesn't lose the players completely. Losing to Norwich was poor losing to Liverpool by the same scoreline as there match against United isn't the end of the world. But the team selection and the tactics were taking the piss. I think JWP does need a rest, I think he'll stick with Mc in goal with Tino, Salisu, Lyanco, JWP Dialo, Romeu, Redmond Adams Broja and AA

Romeu should be taking a long hard look at himself, before being pissed off at RH. As a senior player who has Captained the side, he should be setting an example. He failed to even attempt to cut out the cross that gave Norwich the equaliser and his performance at Anfield was woeful, culminating in his mistake to allow VVD to score (which AM should have saved with his feet, instead of diving over the ball).

Put his form together with that of JWP and we have one of the weakest central midfield pairings in the league. JWP has already had the rest you said he needs - courtesy of his red card and 3 match ban v Chelsea, so no excuses for his poor form. He should only play if he can do a job on Maddison like he does on Zaha !!

RH Team - Absolutely no clue !!

Hopefully we will have pace at the back to cover Vardy and Barnes and hopefully the likes of Stu Armstrong and dare I say even Djenepo and Redmond will be back to feature for us - so that Long and Walcott don't need to make the bench !!

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Saints v Leicester build up on 15:20 - Nov 29 with 3078 viewsDorsetIan

I am hoping for us to have 2-0 lead after about 25 minutes.

For Leicester to change tactics at half time, but for Ralph to respond to those changes immediately to snub out any possible new threat.

And for Djenepo to come on with 15 to go, beat his defender with a step-over and then play a simply ball for one of the strikers to score to make it 3-0.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints v Leicester build up on 10:25 - Nov 30 with 2873 viewsCenturion

We could do with a win. 1-0 to the Saints with a bit of luck.
Saints v Leicester build up on 10:26 - Nov 30 with 2873 viewsCenturion

1-0 to the Saints with a bit of luck.
Saints v Leicester build up on 13:10 - Dec 1 with 2754 viewsBerber

Saints v Leicester build up on 12:15 - Nov 29 by TimSaint

Romeu should be taking a long hard look at himself, before being pissed off at RH. As a senior player who has Captained the side, he should be setting an example. He failed to even attempt to cut out the cross that gave Norwich the equaliser and his performance at Anfield was woeful, culminating in his mistake to allow VVD to score (which AM should have saved with his feet, instead of diving over the ball).

Put his form together with that of JWP and we have one of the weakest central midfield pairings in the league. JWP has already had the rest you said he needs - courtesy of his red card and 3 match ban v Chelsea, so no excuses for his poor form. He should only play if he can do a job on Maddison like he does on Zaha !!

RH Team - Absolutely no clue !!

Hopefully we will have pace at the back to cover Vardy and Barnes and hopefully the likes of Stu Armstrong and dare I say even Djenepo and Redmond will be back to feature for us - so that Long and Walcott don't need to make the bench !!

"so that Long and Walcott don't need to make the bench"

Oh Lord, now that is a miserable prospect to worry over on the drive down the M3 this afternoon.

Good point about Romeu, he needs to step up when the going gets tough.
Saints v Leicester build up on 13:38 - Dec 1 with 2730 viewssaint901

I'd certainly be starting with Broja at CF. Leicester have issues at centre back.

If fit, I'd also be starting with Diallo who I would assign to man mark Maddison.

I'd also start JWP a little wider because I think Leicester are susceptible to passes played into feet from the half back sort of position.
Saints v Leicester build up on 13:52 - Dec 1 with 2717 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Leicester build up on 10:25 - Nov 30 by Centurion

We could do with a win. 1-0 to the Saints with a bit of luck.

I hope you are right, Centurion, but I will be very surprised if Leicester don't score. Even if Vardy fails to score, they'll bring on Patson Daka and he will. And then, of course, there's Ayoze Perez, who's already scored two hat-tricks against us. Our only hope of matching them will be if they have Vestergaard in their starting lineup but I can't see Brendan Rodgers being that stupid or that kind to us.

The last time we played Leicester at St Mary's we only managed to get a draw because Vestergaard was sent off after 10 minutes (and that's when he was playing for us).

[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 15:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints v Leicester build up on 15:15 - Dec 1 with 2659 viewsButty101

Saints v Leicester build up on 13:52 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

I hope you are right, Centurion, but I will be very surprised if Leicester don't score. Even if Vardy fails to score, they'll bring on Patson Daka and he will. And then, of course, there's Ayoze Perez, who's already scored two hat-tricks against us. Our only hope of matching them will be if they have Vestergaard in their starting lineup but I can't see Brendan Rodgers being that stupid or that kind to us.

The last time we played Leicester at St Mary's we only managed to get a draw because Vestergaard was sent off after 10 minutes (and that's when he was playing for us).

[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 15:07]

I think we will take the lead in the first half and end up losing 2-1. With the exception of Liverpool, our last few games have followed last seasons pattern of , strong in the first half and rubbish in the 2nd. In hindsight we got away with one against Villa.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints v Leicester build up on 15:28 - Dec 1 with 2648 viewsdirk_doone

Saints v Leicester build up on 15:15 - Dec 1 by Butty101

I think we will take the lead in the first half and end up losing 2-1. With the exception of Liverpool, our last few games have followed last seasons pattern of , strong in the first half and rubbish in the 2nd. In hindsight we got away with one against Villa.

We were just hanging on for 45 minutes against Villa. I think we were all very relieved and surprised that, in spite of the fact they had 13 shots at goal, they failed to score. Ings being out injured helped.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints v Leicester build up on 16:25 - Dec 1 with 2608 viewsButty101

Saints v Leicester build up on 15:28 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

We were just hanging on for 45 minutes against Villa. I think we were all very relieved and surprised that, in spite of the fact they had 13 shots at goal, they failed to score. Ings being out injured helped.

Early days but it looks like Gerrard is not an Ings fan

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:22 - Dec 1 with 2545 views1885_SFC

I wonder what odds another 0-9 again?

* pulls out a tenner from back pocket...

Old School is Cool

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:36 - Dec 1 with 2526 viewsElijahK

Team new guys:
Southampton XI: McCarthy, Livramento, Bednarek, Salisu, Walker-Peters, Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Tella, Adams, A.Armstrong.

Subs: Forster, Lyanco, Long, Perraud, Broja, Djenepo, Smallbone, Elyounoussi, Valery.

In all fairness other than Bednerak I’d say that’s a pretty decent starting lineup.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:40 - Dec 1 with 2516 viewssaint22

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:36 - Dec 1 by ElijahK

Team new guys:
Southampton XI: McCarthy, Livramento, Bednarek, Salisu, Walker-Peters, Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Tella, Adams, A.Armstrong.

Subs: Forster, Lyanco, Long, Perraud, Broja, Djenepo, Smallbone, Elyounoussi, Valery.

In all fairness other than Bednerak I’d say that’s a pretty decent starting lineup.

Forster should be in goal and I think Broja should be starting - though AA is due a goal

WTF is up with Stuart, worlds longest calf issue??

No walcott at all so not all bad
Saints v Leicester build up on 18:43 - Dec 1 with 2503 viewsHeisenberg

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:40 - Dec 1 by saint22

Forster should be in goal and I think Broja should be starting - though AA is due a goal

WTF is up with Stuart, worlds longest calf issue??

No walcott at all so not all bad

Calf strains can go on and on. Not a bad side but I fear for us tonight. A point wouldn’t be a bad result

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:49 - Dec 1 with 2487 viewsButty101

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:43 - Dec 1 by Heisenberg

Calf strains can go on and on. Not a bad side but I fear for us tonight. A point wouldn’t be a bad result

Not unhappy with that lineup. Hopefully tella can take his chance

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:56 - Dec 1 with 2472 views1885_SFC

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:49 - Dec 1 by Butty101

Fingers crossed for the lad. He's a better option than Elynoussi. Would love to see him grab the headlines tonight.

Old School is Cool

Saints v Leicester build up on 19:29 - Dec 1 with 2414 viewssaint22

Saints v Leicester build up on 18:49 - Dec 1 by Butty101

Diallo injured?
Saints v Leicester build up on 19:38 - Dec 1 with 2406 viewsButty101

Saints v Leicester build up on 19:29 - Dec 1 by saint22

Diallo injured?

Good start, we need another couple to survive the 2nd half onslaught

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024