Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wearing a mask 17:40 - Nov 29 with 5597 viewsDellHero_Would

Wearing a mask

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Wearing a mask

Wearing a mask on 20:01 - Nov 29 with 3477 viewsTimSaint

They are only asking us to wear a mask, not a fvcking Pompey shirt !! :-)

TimSaint

Wearing a mask on 20:35 - Nov 29 with 3453 viewsSadoldgit

Someone made the point the other day that it is strange why some people have more of a problem with occasionally wearing a mask than contracting Covid.
Wearing a mask on 20:46 - Nov 29 with 3439 viewscocklebreath

Wearing a mask on 20:35 - Nov 29 by Sadoldgit

Someone made the point the other day that it is strange why some people have more of a problem with occasionally wearing a mask than contracting Covid.

Masks don’t stop you catching Covid.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Wearing a mask on 21:23 - Nov 29 with 3416 viewsDorsetIan

Wearing a mask on 20:46 - Nov 29 by cocklebreath

If you ignore the evidence then, yes, that's true.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Wearing a mask on 22:14 - Nov 29 with 3379 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Wearing a mask on 20:35 - Nov 29 by Sadoldgit

Exactly, it's just weird. You only need to wear a mask, it's not bloody hard.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Wearing a mask on 22:42 - Nov 29 with 3361 viewsElijahK

Wearing a mask on 21:23 - Nov 29 by DorsetIan

If you ignore the evidence then, yes, that's true.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

Well wearing a face mask does help, but it doesn’t prevent COVID fullstop, or they’d just make it a law to wear it 24.07

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Wearing a mask on 22:48 - Nov 29 with 3358 viewsDorsetIan

Wearing a mask on 22:42 - Nov 29 by ElijahK

Well wearing a face mask does help, but it doesn’t prevent COVID fullstop, or they’d just make it a law to wear it 24.07

That’s all that’s important, that they help. We should do things which help, especially if they cost us very little.

Wearing a mask on 07:27 - Nov 30 with 3275 viewsJellybaby

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/03/dr-hillary-masks-12501810/

Youtube have of course in line with covid propaganda taken this video down, but here is Dr Hillary saying the exact opposite of what he says now, showing that mask wearing is a political move not a medical one.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

Wearing a mask on 08:54 - Nov 30 with 3226 viewssaint22

Wearing a mask on 20:46 - Nov 29 by cocklebreath

No but they reduce the chances and in crowded places are a good idea
It does make you wonder about people’s level of intelligence
Wearing a mask on 08:58 - Nov 30 with 3223 viewssaint901

Wearing a mask on 07:27 - Nov 30 by Jellybaby

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/03/dr-hillary-masks-12501810/

Youtube have of course in line with covid propaganda taken this video down, but here is Dr Hillary saying the exact opposite of what he says now, showing that mask wearing is a political move not a medical one.

And what political benefit does wearing a mask confer upon whom?
Wearing a mask on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 3205 viewsSadoldgit

Wearing a mask on 22:48 - Nov 29 by DorsetIan

That’s all that’s important, that they help. We should do things which help, especially if they cost us very little.

Exactly this. Not only does it not take much effort, it will also help reduce the many other bugs circulating at the moment including the worse cold ever and the norovirus. Nothing stops the transmission of the virus completely other than just locking yourself away completely, but if we can play our part in helping to reduce the spread by wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer, then why not?
As for some kind of conspiracy, what possible benefit can the government get from us wearing face masks (unless they or their buddies have the monopoly on production)?
Wearing a mask on 09:39 - Nov 30 with 3196 viewsJaySaint

a mask - what kind?
surgical? something you would wear to visit chernobyl?
what about a saints footy scarf? or something nice from poundland?

how good are these masks?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Wearing a mask on 10:30 - Nov 30 with 3163 viewsDorsetIan

Wearing a mask on 09:20 - Nov 30 by Sadoldgit

Exactly this. Not only does it not take much effort, it will also help reduce the many other bugs circulating at the moment including the worse cold ever and the norovirus. Nothing stops the transmission of the virus completely other than just locking yourself away completely, but if we can play our part in helping to reduce the spread by wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer, then why not?
As for some kind of conspiracy, what possible benefit can the government get from us wearing face masks (unless they or their buddies have the monopoly on production)?

Is it just a trait in the British character that really doesn't like being told what to do?

Wearing a mask on 10:31 - Nov 30 with 3163 viewssaints__fan__73

Wearing a mask on 09:39 - Nov 30 by JaySaint

a mask - what kind?

All of those would help to a certain extent. I've no idea why we seem to have a number of people in the UK with an intelligence level akin to Le Tissier's.

Wearing a mask when in a public place isn't exactly a massively onerous thing to do. People in the far east have been doing it for decades to stop the spread of colds and flus.

Given a large % of people who have covid won't have symptoms it is more about the mask stopping them spread it rather than a mask stopping a non infected person getting covid.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Wearing a mask on 10:36 - Nov 30 with 3149 viewsJaySaint

Wearing a mask on 10:31 - Nov 30 by saints__fan__73

All of those would help to a certain extent. I've no idea why we seem to have a number of people in the UK with an intelligence level akin to Le Tissier's.

Wearing a mask when in a public place isn't exactly a massively onerous thing to do. People in the far east have been doing it for decades to stop the spread of colds and flus.

Given a large % of people who have covid won't have symptoms it is more about the mask stopping them spread it rather than a mask stopping a non infected person getting covid.

My point is, if people are to wear masks to help others, why not wear masks that actually do a job?

A pack of 3 from Poundland will not do a job, but allow you to virtue signal well.

Also, why no social distancing? Why do I need to
wear a mask in the co-op but not in a packed nightclub or gig?

When that latest variant is found to be non-descript at least it will likely result in the last of these "measures"

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Wearing a mask on 10:42 - Nov 30 with 3146 views1885_SFC

Wearing a mask on 09:39 - Nov 30 by JaySaint

a mask - what kind?

I've still got my old S6 service respirator from the 1980's which was designed to withstand Russian nerve gas attacks during the Cold War. I must have pulled it on a thousand times over the years (no bullshít) and had to wear it for hours on end sometimes during 'Thursday War' at Portland, the Falklands War, and during the Iran-Iraq War.

Wearing a piece of cloth over my face for a few minutes while I'm in my local Tesco or Co-op is an absolute piece of piss gents. Get a grip. It's not too much to ask now, is it?

Old School is Cool

Wearing a mask on 12:31 - Nov 30 with 3101 viewsfranniesTache

thing that gets me is why it's an issue

So assuming masks reduce the risk of spreading covid, like the science says, if we go down the route of "what's the worst that can happen if i don't wear one" the answer is, potentially be responsible for the death or severe long term illness of someone else.

And if we flip it to not believing the science, just to be fair, if you don't think they stop the spread of an airborne disease spread via coughing, talking etc. then what's the worst that can happen if i wear a mask, to which the answer is "i've worn a mask".

How this became a political issue about "freedom" i will literally never understand, i mean what's the actual issue here?
Wearing a mask on 12:57 - Nov 30 with 3072 viewsDorsetIan

Wearing a mask on 12:31 - Nov 30 by franniesTache

So assuming masks reduce the risk of spreading covid, like the science says, if we go down the route of "what's the worst that can happen if i don't wear one" the answer is, potentially be responsible for the death or severe long term illness of someone else.

And if we flip it to not believing the science, just to be fair, if you don't think they stop the spread of an airborne disease spread via coughing, talking etc. then what's the worst that can happen if i wear a mask, to which the answer is "i've worn a mask".

How this became a political issue about "freedom" i will literally never understand, i mean what's the actual issue here?

Characterising things as part of a 'culture war' has worked well for the right, especially in the US.

My guess is that, for some, the more things that can squeezed into that sort of polarity, the better. So masking up - let's throw that in too.

There does seems to be body of beliefs which all 'Lawrence Fox' types have to believe: anti-woke, anti-COP 26, etc and anti-masks, anti-lockdowns just slots right in alongside those.

Wearing a mask on 12:57 - Nov 30 with 3072 viewssaint22

Wearing a mask on 12:31 - Nov 30 by franniesTache

A good post again frannie
It’s a no brainer just wear one when in crowded public places
Otherwise you are just being a selfish pr1ck and to what end?
Plus all these people saying wearing one is virtue signalling need to shut up - NOT wearing one is stupid signalling and they will all be moaning loudest when they can’t cram into pubs on Boxing Day because they are all shut again
Wearing a mask on 13:30 - Nov 30 with 3047 viewssaints__fan__73

Wearing a mask on 12:57 - Nov 30 by saint22

A good post again frannie
It’s a no brainer just wear one when in crowded public places
Otherwise you are just being a selfish pr1ck and to what end?
Plus all these people saying wearing one is virtue signalling need to shut up - NOT wearing one is stupid signalling and they will all be moaning loudest when they can’t cram into pubs on Boxing Day because they are all shut again

The problem is the whole mask debate has just given a voice to the absolute loons. Matt le Nice but Dim was tweeting in support of defying the mask rule and I looked at the account of someone who was agreeing with him and it was a David Icke supporter....

Most sane people will think we are in a pandemic and all governments are tying to do their best (not always all that great) but if you think this is all something that has been done deliberately in order to control the world's population then you will be more likely to think putting on a mask is just the state trying to control you.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Wearing a mask on 13:54 - Nov 30 with 3017 viewssaint68

It's absolutely fantastic that this virus can distinguish the difference between shops/supermarkets and cafe/pub restaurants..follow the science...farcical!!

Joined up thinking at its best...still there's some that just go about blindly following nonsensical rules.. Bravo.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Wearing a mask on 15:11 - Nov 30 with 2986 viewsDorsetIan

Wearing a mask on 13:54 - Nov 30 by saint68

It's absolutely fantastic that this virus can distinguish the difference between shops/supermarkets and cafe/pub restaurants..follow the science...farcical!!

Joined up thinking at its best...still there's some that just go about blindly following nonsensical rules.. Bravo.

Are you a complete idiot?

Wherever masks are worn, it will limit the spread of the virus.

Where they're not worn, it won't.

Limiting the spread of the virus in some places but not all is not farcical, it's just a striking a balance between virus control and other considerations e.g. economics and other practicalities.

You don't believe that masks limit the spread of the virus at all, so I am not quite sure why you feel the need (again) to interrupt an otherwise sensible discussion with your hysterical nonsense.

Wearing a mask on 15:16 - Nov 30 with 2972 viewssaint68

Wearing a mask on 15:11 - Nov 30 by DorsetIan

Limiting the spread of the virus in some places but not all is not farcical, it's just a striking a balance between virus control and other considerations e.g. economics and other practicalities.

You don't believe that masks limit the spread of the virus at all, so I am not quite sure why you feel the need (again) to interrupt an otherwise sensible discussion with your hysterical nonsense.

Where have i said that wearing a mask isn't prudent...show me that comment Ian.

The rest of your reply is just absolutely bollocks.

Joined up thinking..you can't you thick coont.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:18]

Wearing a mask on 15:24 - Nov 30 with 2950 viewssaint68

Wearing a mask on 15:11 - Nov 30 by DorsetIan

Are you in the habit of laughing and talking loudly in shops Ian

Do you get merry and sing in a supermarket Ian.

The more at risk environments are clearly those where voices are raised and they're the ones ommitted from mask wearing..thats not following any kind of logic or science..its farcical...unless you're a thick coont.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:25]

Wearing a mask on 15:29 - Nov 30 with 2947 viewsDorsetIan

Wearing a mask on 15:24 - Nov 30 by saint68

Are you in the habit of laughing and talking loudly in shops Ian

Do you get merry and sing in a supermarket Ian.

The more at risk environments are clearly those where voices are raised and they're the ones ommitted from mask wearing..thats not following any kind of logic or science..its farcical...unless you're a thick coont.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:25]

You're recommending that masks be worn everywhere now then, is that your position?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024