Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday 21:44 - Dec 1 with 874 viewssaint22

Broja for armstrong
Elyounoussi for Tella
Ff for McCarthy
Saturday on 22:22 - Dec 1 with 828 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Broja, yes
Forster, yes
Elyounoussi, no - I think Tella did okay 1st half, give him another start at least

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saturday on 08:37 - Dec 2 with 732 viewsTripleNiemi

Tella injured then?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saturday on 09:00 - Dec 2 with 717 viewsSadoldgit

Tella has pace to burn but is still raw and makes lots of wrong decisions. Hopefully he will learn and improve but in last nights performance I can see why Ralph hasn’t played him much this season. When you look at the kids like Livramento and Broja and how mature their performances are, Tella’s development seems slower.
Saturday on 09:33 - Dec 2 with 685 viewssaint22

Saturday on 22:22 - Dec 1 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Broja, yes
Forster, yes
Elyounoussi, no - I think Tella did okay 1st half, give him another start at least

Tella did ok but his end product is a la Walcott and djenepo whereas Moi seems to have that little
More nous
Saturday on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 671 viewsDorsetIan

Saturday on 09:33 - Dec 2 by saint22

Tella did ok but his end product is a la Walcott and djenepo whereas Moi seems to have that little
More nous

I agree. JWP and Romeu sit so deep they contribute little to the attack. Tino, Tella, Armstrong, Broja all very inexperienced at this level, and we know Redmond’s weaknesses.

S Armstrong or Elyounnouisi just add that little bit more experience up front.

For me, there is a danger in persevering too long with A Armstrong. A front two of Adams and Broja feels like a good combination to built something around to me. Both look much more of a handful for a defence than Armstrong seems to be. And both have a bit of scoring form this season.

If JWP and Romeu are fixtures in the middle of midfield, and the back 4 is reasonably settled (but with alternatives available in each position) that just leaves the wide midfield players to pick, and with S Armstrong, Elyounnoussi, Redmond, Diallo, Tella and even Djenepo available, it should be possible to fill those slots effectively, and with fresh legs off the bench available too.

Last night I thought we were just too flimsy up front. Leicester were much more clinical.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saturday on 10:15 - Dec 2 with 655 viewsMytchettSaint

Saturday on 09:48 - Dec 2 by DorsetIan

I agree. JWP and Romeu sit so deep they contribute little to the attack. Tino, Tella, Armstrong, Broja all very inexperienced at this level, and we know Redmond’s weaknesses.

For me, there is a danger in persevering too long with A Armstrong. A front two of Adams and Broja feels like a good combination to built something around to me. Both look much more of a handful for a defence than Armstrong seems to be. And both have a bit of scoring form this season.

If JWP and Romeu are fixtures in the middle of midfield, and the back 4 is reasonably settled (but with alternatives available in each position) that just leaves the wide midfield players to pick, and with S Armstrong, Elyounnoussi, Redmond, Diallo, Tella and even Djenepo available, it should be possible to fill those slots effectively, and with fresh legs off the bench available too.

Last night I thought we were just too flimsy up front. Leicester were much more clinical.

I was genuinely pleased we got A Armstrong but he seems to get the ball stuck under his feet a lot. At anfield he could and should have had at least a couple. Last night he was poor. That said Broja had a chance to shoot last night at the death and checked back ala Redmond. I see Ralph is coaching that annoying shoot on sight habit out of his game.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saturday on 10:20 - Dec 2 with 644 viewskingslandstand1

Haven't you been shouting for Tella to start for a while? I thought he did well in the first half, tbf, I though they all did, but then again Elyounoussi did well when he came on

But def FF between the sticks. That's 3 out of 4 goals conceded at the near post which shouldn't happen. Having said that I haven't seen last night's on tv yet
Saturday on 10:22 - Dec 2 with 630 viewskingslandstand1

Saturday on 09:48 - Dec 2 by DorsetIan

And thank God Vardy (tw@t) didn't have his shooting boots on at the end. I'd already conceded that as a winner for them!
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday on 10:24 - Dec 2 with 626 viewsBicester_North

Saturday on 10:15 - Dec 2 by MytchettSaint

I was genuinely pleased we got A Armstrong but he seems to get the ball stuck under his feet a lot. At anfield he could and should have had at least a couple. Last night he was poor. That said Broja had a chance to shoot last night at the death and checked back ala Redmond. I see Ralph is coaching that annoying shoot on sight habit out of his game.

Running at pace and being able to get a shot away or make a killer pass, when you have premier league defenders closing you down, is one of the hardest things to do in football, we seem to have a lot of players who can run with it but then can’t deliver at the end of the run. I suppose all the rich teams pay top whack for the few players around who can do it well.
But A Armstrong has been so disappointing in that when he does find himself in a goal scoring position his shots are usually weak or straight at the keeper.
At the bare minimum he needs to be able to shoot, something he did really well at Blackburn.
He’s reminding me of the current Shane Long at the moment rather than Danny Ings.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saturday on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 614 viewsDorsetIan

Saturday on 10:24 - Dec 2 by Bicester_North

Running at pace and being able to get a shot away or make a killer pass, when you have premier league defenders closing you down, is one of the hardest things to do in football, we seem to have a lot of players who can run with it but then can’t deliver at the end of the run. I suppose all the rich teams pay top whack for the few players around who can do it well.
But A Armstrong has been so disappointing in that when he does find himself in a goal scoring position his shots are usually weak or straight at the keeper.
At the bare minimum he needs to be able to shoot, something he did really well at Blackburn.
He’s reminding me of the current Shane Long at the moment rather than Danny Ings.

He also lacks the physicality of Broja and Armstrong, so he relies entirely on his feet and is never going to muscle his way past defenders, in the way that particularly Broja does so impressively.

There’s a big jump in the quality of defenders from Championship to Premier League.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saturday on 11:50 - Dec 2 with 559 viewsTimSaint

Saturday on 10:32 - Dec 2 by DorsetIan

He also lacks the physicality of Broja and Armstrong, so he relies entirely on his feet and is never going to muscle his way past defenders, in the way that particularly Broja does so impressively.

There’s a big jump in the quality of defenders from Championship to Premier League.

Broja needs to learn to start shooting with his left foot !!

Last night and on previous occasions, instead of shooting, he turned back around and tried to get it on his right foot, but got crowded out.

The same can be said for Adams. He has got slightly better this season, but part of his 'issues' were taking too many touches to compose himself, or taking too many touches to get it onto his right foot - whereas Ings would hit it first time, left or right.

TimSaint

Saturday on 12:14 - Dec 2 with 543 viewsPaleRider

It amazes me that highly paid professional players can't use both feet!
Saturday on 18:26 - Dec 2 with 464 viewssaint901

Saturday on 11:50 - Dec 2 by TimSaint

Broja needs to learn to start shooting with his left foot !!

Last night and on previous occasions, instead of shooting, he turned back around and tried to get it on his right foot, but got crowded out.

The same can be said for Adams. He has got slightly better this season, but part of his 'issues' were taking too many touches to compose himself, or taking too many touches to get it onto his right foot - whereas Ings would hit it first time, left or right.

From where I was sat Broja couldn't shoot on his left foot because there were two defenders pushing him wide.

His option was therefore to find a team mate and he tried (and failed) to do that.

The issue of Armstrong A is that he runs a direct line to the place he wants to shoot from - with his head down. he therefore can't see the options that might be available. He's also finding that Prem defenders are a tad quicker in speed and thought than those he played against last year. Question is whether we have time for him to mature a little?

Good strikers will play the ball with whatever part of their body is closest. That however relies upon the ball being close to the goal and I'm not convinced that we get the ball in that space as often as we can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024