Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor old Everton. 10:26 - Dec 2 with 3134 viewsSonicBoom

They seem to be absolute uproar.
There were posts from their game at the weekend where they were abusing the team at the end of the match and of course they are in meltdown after last night.
Today I posted the following after their match report on the mail website.
" Everton fans say they are a special set of supporters, yet they lose a few and they walk out the ground or abuse their team. Gotta say I'm enjoying it as they gave Saints loads of stick when they took Koeman and spent 500 million - telling us they are heading for the champions league. How's that going for them?"

About an hour later I have been getting texts from the Mail saying that "due to the number of complaints we have received about this comment we have decided to remove it from the site." Seriously? Everton fans complained about that?? What a world we live in.
Poor old Everton. on 10:33 - Dec 2 with 2383 viewsPaleRider

First question - why are you reading the Mail

Seriously, I do agree with you. What you said was in no way offensive or rude. As a result the Mail have censored your comments and therefore deprived you of your right to free speech. You should sue them for mental distress.

I can't say that I am surprised though:

1) Many people today like to give it out, especially on social media etc. but when an opposite view is expressed they just can't take it. This is so sad and frankly pathetic. If someone calls me a cvnt - so what? This is part of the overall emasculation of football.

2) The relationship between the media as a whole and the perceived bigger clubs is sickening. From the BBC downwards, the pandering and sycophancy means that any meaningful, balanced reporting is now long gone.
Poor old Everton. on 10:54 - Dec 2 with 2342 viewsdirk_doone

Sonic's post obviously caused them emotional anguish. They will need counselling after reading it. There is probably a number they can call.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Poor old Everton. on 11:04 - Dec 2 with 2330 viewsSonicBoom

I literally have no idea what was so offensive or how they got so many "complaints". In fact going back there I see far more "abusive" messages than mine revelling in Everton's misery.

to answer the other point I have no time for the Mail's politics but they do have the most comprehensive football pages and I quite like reading some of their journo's like Martin Samuel whether I agree with them or not. I don't venture beyond the sports pages though.

I still think my point was valid. I heard a guy on the radio today banging on about how Everton fans are like Newcastle fans and somehow "special" but they were properly abusing their own team on Saturday and there were plenty of incidents last night too.
Poor old Everton. on 11:11 - Dec 2 with 2317 viewssolent_toffee

I doubt Everton fans would be getting precious or all traumatised by your comments, it’s more likely to have generated bad language etc. That said it’s the daily mail so any Everton fans who go on it after last night probably need their heads testing anyway. Avoidance of all social media is always my response.

It’s weird how the narrative can be stretched though. At two nil down loads did head for the exits, hundreds not the thousands they were reporting in the commentary. Again fairly common to those who actually attend games as fans and not the balloons who do the punditry. There was murder on the concourses as the bars handed opened yet for half time.

Everton are shocking at the moment, what are the fans supposed to do, clap them off the pitch? We have eyes we know when players are giving their all and some are giving next to nothing. To be honest, I’m more arsed about last Sunday when they barely broke a sweat against a very poor Brentford team.

Fair do’s to Saints fans - enjoy the crowing. Koeman leaving Saints and then spending 200 million quid has a lot to do with the current shitshow.
Poor old Everton. on 11:18 - Dec 2 with 2301 viewsSonicBoom

Well they are certainly getting their point across.....

Poor old Everton. on 11:28 - Dec 2 with 2286 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 11:18 - Dec 2 by SonicBoom

I don’t know if you saw that game, but Brentford were woeful (which surprised me as I thought they were decent the few times I’d seen them this season) but Everton just coasted as though they didn’t have a care in the world.

Zero leadership, zero effort, zero phucks given.
Poor old Everton. on 12:12 - Dec 2 with 2232 viewsPaleRider

Poor old Everton. on 11:28 - Dec 2 by solent_toffee

I don’t know if you saw that game, but Brentford were woeful (which surprised me as I thought they were decent the few times I’d seen them this season) but Everton just coasted as though they didn’t have a care in the world.

Zero leadership, zero effort, zero phucks given.

ST - we've been there and I feel your pain. Over the last few years, we've had a fair few who capitulate faster than the French and as a fan this really irks me. I will support my team but I won't support those players who won't try. Nick always used to berate the likes of Yoshida but what many fans liked about him was his honest endeavour and that's the least we expect as fans.
Poor old Everton. on 13:54 - Dec 2 with 2138 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 12:12 - Dec 2 by PaleRider

ST - we've been there and I feel your pain. Over the last few years, we've had a fair few who capitulate faster than the French and as a fan this really irks me. I will support my team but I won't support those players who won't try. Nick always used to berate the likes of Yoshida but what many fans liked about him was his honest endeavour and that's the least we expect as fans.

Everton have players like Delph and Iwobi who barely break sweat, go through the motions, have little to no resale and pick up 70k a week on long term contracts. It’s disgusting and they deserve to be called out.

In fact when Delph posted something on Twitter last year when they got beat by Liverpool’s under 18’s in the cup and got some stick for it, loads of fans called him out for the coward he is and Delph stated that if said fans saw him in the street they wouldn’t have the guts to say it for his face and would ask for his selfie.

Cue a load of proper lads from the brick turning up at the training ground asking for a chat with him and Delph refusing to leave the building.
Login to get fewer ads

Poor old Everton. on 14:03 - Dec 2 with 2125 viewskingslandstand1

Poor old Everton. on 11:18 - Dec 2 by SonicBoom

If I was a player and went over to the fans to at least acknowledge them and the fact that they'd made the effort to go to an away game to support them,and then saw that, somehow I don't think I'd bother to put an effort in for them

Booing and moaning during the game is part and parcel of it with poor performances but that sort of abuse is lowest of the low from supporters
Poor old Everton. on 14:08 - Dec 2 with 2114 viewssaint68

Fantastic, I think it was about the 20th minute last night that they started evacuating 😂🤣

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Poor old Everton. on 14:09 - Dec 2 with 2116 viewsNumber_58

Poor old Everton. on 14:03 - Dec 2 by kingslandstand1

If I was a player and went over to the fans to at least acknowledge them and the fact that they'd made the effort to go to an away game to support them,and then saw that, somehow I don't think I'd bother to put an effort in for them

Booing and moaning during the game is part and parcel of it with poor performances but that sort of abuse is lowest of the low from supporters

At the end of a particularly disappointing away defeat I have often thought about holding up a bit of cardboard with 'You can keep your f*cking shirt, you lazy overpaid c**t!' scrawled across it.
Poor old Everton. on 14:17 - Dec 2 with 2101 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 14:08 - Dec 2 by saint68

Fantastic, I think it was about the 20th minute last night that they started evacuating 😂🤣

Watching MOTD, there were plenty of Saints fans heading for the exits straight after the kick off, well I assume so with all those empty seats unless they turned up late?
Poor old Everton. on 14:41 - Dec 2 with 2083 viewsPaleRider

Kingsland - Why is this the lowest of the low? Why would you applaud someone who earns an excessive amount of money but can't even try - lots are over-pampered prima donnas who let the fans, the clubs and themselves down with regularity, so why shouldn't fans let them know exactly what they think?

I remember a few seasons ago when Hoedt came over to the Northam to throw his short into the crowd and reap the applause as if he was some kind of hero - after we had drawn with Watford! That gesture got abuse it deserved!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 14:47]
Poor old Everton. on 15:14 - Dec 2 with 2037 viewsSaintsforeverj

When you pay players with big egos lots of money, they down tools when the team is in the bottom half and they arn't getting the trophies they think they are entitled to. Everton bought a load of spoilt brat individuals, and have done for the past few years. Saints buy cheap but at least they are mostly trying.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Poor old Everton. on 15:29 - Dec 2 with 2019 viewskingslandstand1

Poor old Everton. on 14:09 - Dec 2 by Number_58

At the end of a particularly disappointing away defeat I have often thought about holding up a bit of cardboard with 'You can keep your f*cking shirt, you lazy overpaid c**t!' scrawled across it.

Yes, THOUGHT about it, but the way they were giving the players the finger a 2 finger signs was bordering on verbal (?) assault inciting and looking for violence! If that happened in the high street I'd suggest we'd see a damn good scrap! Well probable wouldn't cos those doing it would probably run a mile, but that's not the point!
Poor old Everton. on 15:33 - Dec 2 with 2007 viewskingslandstand1

Poor old Everton. on 14:41 - Dec 2 by PaleRider

Kingsland - Why is this the lowest of the low? Why would you applaud someone who earns an excessive amount of money but can't even try - lots are over-pampered prima donnas who let the fans, the clubs and themselves down with regularity, so why shouldn't fans let them know exactly what they think?

I remember a few seasons ago when Hoedt came over to the Northam to throw his short into the crowd and reap the applause as if he was some kind of hero - after we had drawn with Watford! That gesture got abuse it deserved!

I'm not saying applaud them for a cr@p performance, but why not just walk out and not give them at the whistle (or as Everton did last night, a lot earlier than the final whistle), surely that will tell the players what they thought of them?

Just an opinion ..................
Poor old Everton. on 15:36 - Dec 2 with 2006 viewskingslandstand1

Poor old Everton. on 14:41 - Dec 2 by PaleRider

Oh, and I'd find it pretty offensive if Hoedt had thrown his shorts in to the crowd as well

We all know, and most players know that we know, that they are a bunch of over paid prima donnas who will collect their millions for doing whatever they do but we still go along. I thought that looking in the players car park with a 21 plate Bentley sat there!
Poor old Everton. on 19:35 - Dec 2 with 1885 viewscocklebreath

Poor old Everton. on 15:29 - Dec 2 by kingslandstand1

Yes, THOUGHT about it, but the way they were giving the players the finger a 2 finger signs was bordering on verbal (?) assault inciting and looking for violence! If that happened in the high street I'd suggest we'd see a damn good scrap! Well probable wouldn't cos those doing it would probably run a mile, but that's not the point!

But it’s not the high street it’s a football ground where a load of pissed off blokes are venting their anger, I’d be doing exactly the same. I do find it funny though cos other than Pompey and Liverpool Everton are top of my hate list.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Poor old Everton. on 21:41 - Dec 2 with 1799 viewsPoirot

It just highlightrs how 'rich owner' doesnt always mean winning games.
Poor old Everton. on 21:55 - Dec 2 with 1783 viewsButty101

Poor old Everton. on 14:17 - Dec 2 by solent_toffee

Watching MOTD, there were plenty of Saints fans heading for the exits straight after the kick off, well I assume so with all those empty seats unless they turned up late?

Is that your best comeback? I thought you were better than that

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Poor old Everton. on 22:23 - Dec 2 with 1763 viewsSaintNick

Poor old Everton. on 21:41 - Dec 2 by Poirot

It just highlightrs how 'rich owner' doesnt always mean winning games.

Moshiri is losing popularity up there, doesn't communicate with the fans much, turning into a bit of a Mike Ashley situation

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Poor old Everton. on 22:26 - Dec 2 with 1754 viewspjt50

Poor old Everton. on 21:55 - Dec 2 by Butty101

He has got a bit of a point, though. The club gave last night's attendance as 26,951. How many were really there? (See very old thread about how official attendance figures don't match reality.)

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Poor old Everton. on 22:28 - Dec 2 with 1747 viewsSaintNick

Poor old Everton. on 22:26 - Dec 2 by pjt50

He has got a bit of a point, though. The club gave last night's attendance as 26,951. How many were really there? (See very old thread about how official attendance figures don't match reality.)

Ive just posted that loads of season ticket holders last night didn't show up, perhaps covid restrictions had some affect and also some might not have fancied it because it was so cold

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Poor old Everton. on 07:43 - Dec 3 with 1660 viewssolent_toffee

Poor old Everton. on 21:55 - Dec 2 by Butty101

To be fair, it was said with tongue in cheek, but having a pop at Everton fans for leaving their seats whilst they were getting rinsed by their nearest rivals, when Saints had thousands of empty seats all over the ground is a bit of a hoot.
Poor old Everton. on 07:58 - Dec 3 with 1642 viewsMytchettSaint

Poor old Everton. on 07:43 - Dec 3 by solent_toffee

To be fair, it was said with tongue in cheek, but having a pop at Everton fans for leaving their seats whilst they were getting rinsed by their nearest rivals, when Saints had thousands of empty seats all over the ground is a bit of a hoot.

If we were playing our rivals like you were Wednesday night there wouldn’t have been empty seats. But we were playing Leicester….

However I will concede if we were getting our arses handed to us like you were in our derby game there would probably have been similar scenes to those at Goodison.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024