Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL 3pm Blackout 21:15 - Dec 2 with 1520 viewsboromat

Just read the Trust Newsletter brilliant as always. Thought this could be a good discussion point.

In favour of the 3pm Blackout — 36.8%
Against the 3pm Blackout — 63.2%

What are people's reasonings? I would have thought we'd be in favour because of the amount of Football that could be available on TV at the same time as our matches along with the potential for this to open the doors for the Premier League to do the same. Feel like we struggle to get fans as it is without all football matches available in the comfort of your own home.

You could argue that there could be more TV money available for us. And we could monetise our own matches but I'm not sure really why it'd be a good thing. What am I missing? What is the consensus?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

EFL 3pm Blackout on 05:49 - Dec 3 with 1256 viewspioneer

Im with you. boromat. if the game is reduced to money only then we might as well all give up. Football is about crowds, the passion they bring and the atmosphere they create.

It was bloody awful watching those covid games with no crowds.
EFL 3pm Blackout on 14:49 - Dec 3 with 985 viewsdillydaley

I think it should stay. Having said that when there is an away game I can’t get to, it would be nice to have the option of watching . I never considered sacking Sunday off to watch it on the telly, but I bet a lot of people on here have, it’s not exactly a plum tie.
EFL 3pm Blackout on 15:51 - Dec 3 with 917 viewsDale92

The 3pm blackout call is a move by the EFL to strongarm the Premier League to distribute more money fairly down the pyramid. it was originally blocked on the grounds that it would affect crowds. however i think this theory has been thrown out in recent years with covid, foreign leagues all showing 3pm game on tv and this not being the case. look the premier league and efl are looking at DAZN and sports tv apps, netflix, amazon etc, and they want a piece of that pie. if it could generate more money than the joke of a tv deal the efl have with sky, id be for it. £20 a month with access to all games in all 3 league documentaries etc a better version than ifollow i can see it catching on, and if priced right it can be beneficial to the attending fan and exiles a like as well a the clubs. imagine an actual show that actually cared about league 1/2 not just a 10min overview, get advertisers etc they could make a small fortune and then evenly distribute it

This is the One, I've waited for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024