Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MEN Article 09:41 - Dec 19 with 2734 viewsdale1968

Quite a decent read from the usual rubbish.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/rochdale-news-games-postp

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

MEN Article on 09:56 - Dec 19 with 2662 views442Dale

On a similar note, saw the Rochdale Ob in midweek for the first time in ages, the match report for the Bristol Rovers game had a credit given to “rochdaleafc. com”. Is that a mistake and they mean the OS, or has Chaff started to go global?

Either way, does this mean the Ob don’t have a reporter at games now?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

MEN Article on 11:59 - Dec 19 with 2412 viewsTVOS1907

MEN Article on 09:56 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

On a similar note, saw the Rochdale Ob in midweek for the first time in ages, the match report for the Bristol Rovers game had a credit given to “rochdaleafc. com”. Is that a mistake and they mean the OS, or has Chaff started to go global?

They do for most home games.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

MEN Article on 12:15 - Dec 19 with 2378 viewsEllDale

MEN Article on 09:56 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

They still have a journalist at home games but the coverage isn’t perhaps as extensive as in the days of Geoff Whitworth, Derek Nicholls, Les Barlow and Mike Henderson.
The last named came up with one my favourite quotes following a turgid goalless draw with Halifax Town.
“There must be more pleasurable ways of spending a Bank Holiday Monday…..spending 90 minutes suspended upside down in a septic tank for one”.
MEN Article on 12:37 - Dec 19 with 2331 views442Dale

MEN Article on 12:15 - Dec 19 by EllDale

They still have a journalist at home games but the coverage isn’t perhaps as extensive as in the days of Geoff Whitworth, Derek Nicholls, Les Barlow and Mike Henderson.
The last named came up with one my favourite quotes following a turgid goalless draw with Halifax Town.
“There must be more pleasurable ways of spending a Bank Holiday Monday…..spending 90 minutes suspended upside down in a septic tank for one”.

If they have a journalist, why would a match report have another website credited?

MEN Article on 12:48 - Dec 19 with 2290 viewsTVOS1907

MEN Article on 12:37 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

If they have a journalist, why would a match report have another website credited?

Looks like they copied the Bristol Rovers report from the o/s and credited the wrong website.

I suppose it's an easy mistake to make when both website addresses start with "rochdaleafc.co"

MEN Article on 13:07 - Dec 19 with 2232 viewskel

“Some football fans are ingrained ingrates and even in a game Rochdale led for 85 minutes there was more discouragement than encouragement from some.

One berated a Rochdale coach during the warm-up for the insistence on a back three and demanded a switch to 4-3-3. Rochdale stuck with their three centre halves and Newport barely had a sniff.”

Quite.
MEN Article on 13:12 - Dec 19 with 2217 views442Dale

MEN Article on 12:48 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

Looks like they copied the Bristol Rovers report from the o/s and credited the wrong website.

I suppose it's an easy mistake to make when both website addresses start with "rochdaleafc.co"

Wonder what the club/Chaff get for producing copy for the local print media?

MEN Article on 13:27 - Dec 19 with 2173 viewsEllDale

Has anyone else noticed that news pages of the Observer seem to be containing more and more reports of incidents/events in Middleton and Heywood these days than ever before?
Login to get fewer ads

MEN Article on 14:29 - Dec 19 with 2072 views49thseason

I wonder if United and City would be prepared to use their supporter databases to pick out say 1000 North Manchester-based supporters for special offer deals when they are away and Dale are at home? A quick email with say a cheap Dad and Lad or family ticket might be a way to drag in a few extra ticket sales. Its no real skin off their noses and would be a help to us.
I know we have made the offer occasionally in the past but it might get more traction coming from United and City straight to their fans.
MEN Article on 15:01 - Dec 19 with 1994 views100notout

MEN Article on 14:29 - Dec 19 by 49thseason

I wonder if United and City would be prepared to use their supporter databases to pick out say 1000 North Manchester-based supporters for special offer deals when they are away and Dale are at home? A quick email with say a cheap Dad and Lad or family ticket might be a way to drag in a few extra ticket sales. Its no real skin off their noses and would be a help to us.
I know we have made the offer occasionally in the past but it might get more traction coming from United and City straight to their fans.

Nice thought but no way that would happen. Even if City & united were happy to do that 3rd party data sharing regulations would prevent it.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

MEN Article on 15:42 - Dec 19 with 1905 views49thseason

Where is the 3rd party if they send out the offer?
MEN Article on 16:17 - Dec 19 with 1829 viewsTVOS1907

MEN Article on 15:42 - Dec 19 by 49thseason

Not more bloody parties!!

MEN Article on 16:45 - Dec 19 with 1772 views49thseason

MEN Article on 16:17 - Dec 19 by TVOS1907

Not more bloody parties!!

Behave...
MEN Article on 16:46 - Dec 19 with 1766 views100notout

MEN Article on 15:42 - Dec 19 by 49thseason

Aye apologies - I misread it that City/united would provide us with their email addresses for us to contact them. Irrespective, it won't happen - there's nothing in it for them!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024