Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player Welfare 08:10 - Dec 22 with 3910 viewsHeisenberg

Jordan Henderson this morning moaning about no one cares about players welfare because there are too many games. My heart bleeds. Pampered arsewipes haven’t got a clue. Try doing a shift in A and E. What a complete bell end.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Player Welfare on 22:40 - Dec 23 with 550 viewsElijahK

Player Welfare on 22:31 - Dec 23 by Kennington

Going against the grain here as I can kind of see his point. Liverpool are in every competition going and they might well end up playing 70 odd games. They have a big squad but Henderson is usually in those match day squads. So I’m not sure an athlete can perform to a high standard that often. In this day and age the data side is ridiculous and he probably sees on Twitter or wherever people debating if he’s past it. If he played in most other elite sports like golf, tennis etc. he’d be able to pick and choose which tournaments he plays, but in football the player is simply told when they’ll play.

No doubt he’s well paid but even at say £6m or whatever he gets a year, the chances are rather than mixing with nhs nurses and cleaners, he’s more likely to be in circles of other millionaires who probably do a lot less than he does. A top London estate agent, financial broker will make a few million on one deal, so Henderson’s salary is although huge to us not in terms of the really wealthy.

Ultimately footballers are entertainers and their job is to sell tickets and sky subscriptions. I guess he feels if he’s too knackered to do that something needs to be done. It’s an unusual situation though as Liverpool will probably play more games than almost any other club. I don’t think Saints players are going to face this problem of playing too many games anytime soon.

Ok but I know people who work soo many hours for soo many days, but they don’t get luxury transport to work and back, or a wage of like £1mill a week!
And the reason why they’ve got soo many games is because they’re still in all the contests which is why it’s soo hard to win more than one trophy in a season as you need immense squad depth, as well as decent players anyway.
At the end of the day, the PL shouldn’t, and most likely won’t, change what they do with the fixtures, and if he or any other players have any issues with that, then I suggest they try getting a normal job for like a year or so, where they do just as many hours, but don’t get amazing wages, a life of luxury and get to be a celeb that soo many love.
It’s just pathetic

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Player Welfare on 09:27 - Dec 24 with 491 viewsKennington

Player Welfare on 22:40 - Dec 23 by ElijahK

Ok but I know people who work soo many hours for soo many days, but they don’t get luxury transport to work and back, or a wage of like £1mill a week!
And the reason why they’ve got soo many games is because they’re still in all the contests which is why it’s soo hard to win more than one trophy in a season as you need immense squad depth, as well as decent players anyway.
At the end of the day, the PL shouldn’t, and most likely won’t, change what they do with the fixtures, and if he or any other players have any issues with that, then I suggest they try getting a normal job for like a year or so, where they do just as many hours, but don’t get amazing wages, a life of luxury and get to be a celeb that soo many love.
It’s just pathetic

Do the people you know have millions of people round them world scrutinising everything they do? I’m really not a premier league footballer apologist, but I see his point of view. If say Tom Hanks did 20 films instead of 3 or 4 a year then people will probably say there’s some proper rubbish performances in those films as there would be. Or if a band churned out 5 albums in a year rather one, the chances are they won’t be as good. But they’ll be no doubt well paid. These are probably better examples than your mates, as football is really the entertainment industry.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Player Welfare on 10:03 - Dec 24 with 479 viewssaint68

Player Welfare on 09:27 - Dec 24 by Kennington

Do the people you know have millions of people round them world scrutinising everything they do? I’m really not a premier league footballer apologist, but I see his point of view. If say Tom Hanks did 20 films instead of 3 or 4 a year then people will probably say there’s some proper rubbish performances in those films as there would be. Or if a band churned out 5 albums in a year rather one, the chances are they won’t be as good. But they’ll be no doubt well paid. These are probably better examples than your mates, as football is really the entertainment industry.

Any of the clubs outside of the top 6 couldn't field a better starting eleven than the big 6 could with their fringe players from the rest of their vastly superior squads...its a form of levelling up that the big 6 dont want to see...they want everything to their utmost advantage at all times...so when saps like Henderson start bleating on it quite rightly causes outrage amongst normal supporters that see through his pathetic pleas.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Player Welfare on 10:08 - Dec 24 with 475 viewssaint901

The fixture list, especially around Christmas and Easter has its roots in the days after the second war when national holidays were taken then as factories etc closed down for a week or two.

Since then, holidays have become far more numerous and flexible and football has evolved with European competition at club and national level and cup competitions started up to satisfy the insatiable demands of TV. I might add also that clubs have an insatiable hunger for TV money and as the clubs run the PL, this translates to that level.

Short of allowing clubs bigger squads which would inevitably drive down the overall quality, the only other answer to "too many games" is something like a European super league.

Take the top 5 or 6 from the PL and put them into that league - lowest ranked English club being relegated back to the PL each season. Keep the PL at 15 clubs (perhaps 14 or 16 as it needs an even number). Don't allow super league teams into the FA or other cup.

The result will be fewer games and less revenues for the 14/16 which the owners and TV will not like. It will however address concerns about "player welfare".

It will also mean a drop in salary for players outside the super league and if Mr H finds himself thre, how will he feel then?
Player Welfare on 10:17 - Dec 24 with 467 viewssaint68

Player Welfare on 10:08 - Dec 24 by saint901

The fixture list, especially around Christmas and Easter has its roots in the days after the second war when national holidays were taken then as factories etc closed down for a week or two.

Since then, holidays have become far more numerous and flexible and football has evolved with European competition at club and national level and cup competitions started up to satisfy the insatiable demands of TV. I might add also that clubs have an insatiable hunger for TV money and as the clubs run the PL, this translates to that level.

Short of allowing clubs bigger squads which would inevitably drive down the overall quality, the only other answer to "too many games" is something like a European super league.

Take the top 5 or 6 from the PL and put them into that league - lowest ranked English club being relegated back to the PL each season. Keep the PL at 15 clubs (perhaps 14 or 16 as it needs an even number). Don't allow super league teams into the FA or other cup.

The result will be fewer games and less revenues for the 14/16 which the owners and TV will not like. It will however address concerns about "player welfare".

It will also mean a drop in salary for players outside the super league and if Mr H finds himself thre, how will he feel then?

Good post 901, I'd like nothing more than klopp pep and the other top 6 managers carted off to a super league..but with no relegation..then see if the likes of arsenal and Tottenham like dwelling near the bottom every season and those break away clubs never win a domestic trophy again..it would be the best thing for normal clubs like ours and the vast majority throughout the league.. it would also give more opportunity to homegrown players to play ...

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024