Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O’Keefe 16:40 - Dec 28 with 3560 viewsShun

What are people’s opinions on Corey? Will we ever see him play for us again? Veiled comments from those usually ITK on Twitter suggest that Mansfield won’t loan him out again and want a big fee for him in January, which presumably rules us out.

It makes sense. After how well he’s done here they’re bound to want a big fee for him, and there’s no way they’d allow him to be loaned out again only to leave for free in summer.
O’Keefe on 16:44 - Dec 28 with 3541 views442Dale

Not sure we can justify spending a transfer fee on him unless we got a significant amount from someone already at the club, so would fully expect Mansfield to invite bids from L1. O’Keeffe’s biggest asset right now is being the classic wing-back as many clubs are favouring such a system.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

O’Keefe on 16:45 - Dec 28 with 3540 viewselectricblue

If he is available on a free in the summer and that might edge Dales way...

Wonder if the transfer as already be agreed a while back..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

O’Keefe on 16:49 - Dec 28 with 3502 viewsEllDale

If he doesn't play for Dale again there's a big hole to fill at rightback/right wing back in the absence of Swiss Army Jimmy who would be the obvious replacement.
Corey had obviously been right in the shop window with us and it's ironic that Mansfield, who didn't really want him in August, could stand by to profit as a result.
O’Keefe on 16:55 - Dec 28 with 3478 viewsTVOS1907

Although, Shun, one of those "ITK" on Twitter suggested Mansfield want £600K for him...

I'd surmise the only people really "ITK" are Mansfield, Dale and the man himself.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

O’Keefe on 17:00 - Dec 28 with 3445 viewskel

O’Keefe on 16:55 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

Although, Shun, one of those "ITK" on Twitter suggested Mansfield want £600K for him...

I'd surmise the only people really "ITK" are Mansfield, Dale and the man himself.

Pretty sure the bloke who quoted 600k has been on the crack pipe.

Edit - he’s deleted his tweet now. Who’d have though it?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 17:10]
O’Keefe on 17:10 - Dec 28 with 3393 viewsTVOS1907

O’Keefe on 17:00 - Dec 28 by kel

Pretty sure the bloke who quoted 600k has been on the crack pipe.

Edit - he’s deleted his tweet now. Who’d have though it?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 17:10]

It's hard to tell sometimes.

O’Keefe on 18:08 - Dec 28 with 3215 views49thseason

Unless O'Keeffe takes the Humphries route and refuses to play or train at Mansfield. Who knows he might consider that Rochdale is a place that he likes and wants to be. And is prepared to wait until his contract expires, thus costing Mansfield his wages every week to the end of July.

In the meantime we can get another loanee instead, or play Graham at RWB, his preferred position I believe.
O’Keefe on 18:35 - Dec 28 with 3129 viewsShun

O’Keefe on 16:55 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

Would agree there, but there was also a similar suggestion (without a price tag) from someone on Twitter who’s a long time poster on here. They don’t post much these days but when they do they seem to have some connections.
Login to get fewer ads

O’Keefe on 18:36 - Dec 28 with 3125 viewsjudd

He's off to AFC Fylde

Poll: What is it to be then?

O’Keefe on 20:22 - Dec 28 with 2926 viewsJames1980

I've voted him player of the month I'm sure that will encourage him to sign for us

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

O’Keefe on 21:01 - Dec 28 with 2823 viewsSaxonDale

There’s definitely a player there so if we can keep him I’d love to. Realistically I think Play-offs will be out of our reach for this season but would like us to start building for next season as early as possible. On his day I don’t think there’s many better RWBs than O’Keefe at this level.

Edit- whilst I don’t doubt Mansfield want him gone permanently, I would be surprised if a fee was demanded. Can’t see him walking back into the first team and it will be difficult to keep him happy there if he goes from playing to not featuring. Presume Clough will simply want him gone to reinvest his wages elsewhere.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2021 21:05]
O’Keefe on 21:02 - Dec 28 with 2813 viewsTVOS1907

O’Keefe on 18:35 - Dec 28 by Shun

Would agree there, but there was also a similar suggestion (without a price tag) from someone on Twitter who’s a long time poster on here. They don’t post much these days but when they do they seem to have some connections.

Got a link, Shun? I can't find anything.

O’Keefe on 21:07 - Dec 28 with 2776 viewsTyroneShoelaces

O’Keefe on 21:01 - Dec 28 by SaxonDale

There’s definitely a player there so if we can keep him I’d love to. Realistically I think Play-offs will be out of our reach for this season but would like us to start building for next season as early as possible. On his day I don’t think there’s many better RWBs than O’Keefe at this level.

Edit- whilst I don’t doubt Mansfield want him gone permanently, I would be surprised if a fee was demanded. Can’t see him walking back into the first team and it will be difficult to keep him happy there if he goes from playing to not featuring. Presume Clough will simply want him gone to reinvest his wages elsewhere.

As an attacking full back he’s up there with the best in L2 and poss L1
Defensively in my eyes he’s left wanting.
Think he would have signed by now if a deal could have been done.
Perhaps his good form has seen him (or is agent) think he has the chance
to play at a higher level. Much as I’d like him to stay I feel that ship has
sailed.
Hopefully RS has a replacement in his sights
O’Keefe on 09:55 - Dec 29 with 2317 viewsseasidedale

I think we will keep him until end of the season, we would be paying his wages which would free that from Mansfield wage bill, don’t forget he is under 24 so Mansfield could demand a fee at the end of the season if they offer and he refuses a contract (playing a game I know)
O’Keefe on 11:27 - Dec 29 with 2173 viewsShun

O’Keefe on 21:01 - Dec 28 by SaxonDale

I think it’s similar to the CoG situation to a degree. He’s clearly not wanted by his parent club, but know he’s done well on loan and is wanted by the loan club. In that situation I doubt many clubs would sacrifice a fee, even if they have no intention whatsoever of ever playing the player again.

What is slightly different, though, is that CoG was excelling in a team at the top of the table and probably felt inclined to finish the job here. Whether O’Keefe feels the same inclination for a mid-table team is the question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024