Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown imminent? 09:45 - Jan 2 with 4072 viewssaint68

What's the thoughts on here in regards to a pending lockdown?

Was thinking of flying over next weekend but it's looking highly likely that another lockdown is looming...I'd assume that an announcement would be on the cards over the next 48hrs or so.

Oh and Happy New year one and all.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Lockdown imminent? on 09:51 - Jan 2 with 2058 viewsSaintNick

Im not sure that we will lockdown, the stats arent there according to the government, high rates of infection but low rates of death and hospitalisation, according to the figures an average of 1 in 3 of those in hospital with covid were actually admitted for other reasons

Many in hospital, but it it is the intensive care figures that they are watching and they are quite low.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lockdown imminent? on 10:01 - Jan 2 with 2027 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 09:51 - Jan 2 by SaintNick

Im not sure that we will lockdown, the stats arent there according to the government, high rates of infection but low rates of death and hospitalisation, according to the figures an average of 1 in 3 of those in hospital with covid were actually admitted for other reasons

Many in hospital, but it it is the intensive care figures that they are watching and they are quite low.

It may sound odd but Omicron could actually be the variant that tempers down the previously more aggressive variants..and gets more inline with a heavy common cold.

I suppose there's no harm in waiting a couple more weeks to see if the ICU wards are unable to manage, as you say that's probably the Barometer for setting new restrictions/lockdowns.

Lockdown imminent? on 10:04 - Jan 2 with 2013 viewssaint22

Not a chance we will lockdown even if Boris had the balls no one will listen to these self serving lying coonts

This new variant is a bad cold get vaxxed and get on with it
Lockdown imminent? on 10:06 - Jan 2 with 2008 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 10:04 - Jan 2 by saint22

Not a chance we will lockdown even if Boris had the balls no one will listen to these self serving lying coonts

Yep he's lost virtually all support...sitting duck basically

Lockdown imminent? on 10:25 - Jan 2 with 1974 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 10:04 - Jan 2 by saint22

PS your second paragraph is illogical.

Lockdown imminent? on 10:35 - Jan 2 with 1958 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown imminent? on 10:25 - Jan 2 by saint68

PS your second paragraph is illogical.

No it isn’t. Vaccinations are the reason that the new variants aren’t causing such a problem. People are still dying from this pandemic every day but the numbers are under control thanks to the vaccines.
Lockdown imminent? on 10:43 - Jan 2 with 1953 viewskingslandstand1

Lockdown imminent? on 10:01 - Jan 2 by saint68

It may sound odd but Omicron could actually be the variant that tempers down the previously more aggressive variants..and gets more inline with a heavy common cold.

I suppose there's no harm in waiting a couple more weeks to see if the ICU wards are unable to manage, as you say that's probably the Barometer for setting new restrictions/lockdowns.

Sensible post of the thread
Lockdown imminent? on 11:32 - Jan 2 with 1896 viewsGasGiant

Lockdown imminent? on 10:01 - Jan 2 by saint68

Agree. A decision point is looming in the public consciousness whether we want our freedoms to be determined (or limited) by what the Health Service can provide. This is all well and good as a general principle of Society but when you add into the mix the growing risk aversion (arse covering) of our decision makers we end up locking down the nation for just a handful of deaths. The NHS was set up to serve us, yet we are now in real danger of the population being coerced into serving the NHS. It is a separate issue to the vaccination programme which is one of the greatest success stories of recent years.
Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown imminent? on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 1894 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 10:35 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

No it isn’t. Vaccinations are the reason that the new variants aren’t causing such a problem. People are still dying from this pandemic every day but the numbers are under control thanks to the vaccines.

Utter nonsense...a variant more akin to a normal cold isn't in anyway a valid reason to spend billions rolling out ever more vaccines..unless you now want to vaccinate anything standing for every little virus that your own immune system can handle control and strengthen from...you've got vaccine psychosis mate.

Lockdown imminent? on 11:37 - Jan 2 with 1881 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown imminent? on 11:33 - Jan 2 by saint68

Utter nonsense...a variant more akin to a normal cold isn't in anyway a valid reason to spend billions rolling out ever more vaccines..unless you now want to vaccinate anything standing for every little virus that your own immune system can handle control and strengthen from...you've got vaccine psychosis mate.

It is not nonsense at all. We are where we are thanks to the vaccination programme but people are still being killed by this pandemic every day. It is far from over which is precisely why you asked the question about a possible lockdown. What is nonsense is your constant banging on about conspiracy theories and anti vax rhetoric.
Lockdown imminent? on 12:00 - Jan 2 with 1855 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 11:32 - Jan 2 by GasGiant

Agree. A decision point is looming in the public consciousness whether we want our freedoms to be determined (or limited) by what the Health Service can provide. This is all well and good as a general principle of Society but when you add into the mix the growing risk aversion (arse covering) of our decision makers we end up locking down the nation for just a handful of deaths. The NHS was set up to serve us, yet we are now in real danger of the population being coerced into serving the NHS. It is a separate issue to the vaccination programme which is one of the greatest success stories of recent years.

I wouldn't for an instance deny that the vaccines have been of great benefit to those most at risk...That is clearly visible and a great success...I've always maintained that they were the ones that should be safeguard by any means possible.

I have never and will never see the requirement for total vaccination from toddlers to anyone with a pulse.

My concern has always been fundamentally the detachment from prior controls and balances.

The perpetual cycle of boosters is looming and as a result natural immune systems are being harmed..possibly irreversibly...there has to be a shift from entire populous vaccination to targeted vaccine provision, or where and when will this ever end.

Have a peaceful and fruitful 2022 GG.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 12:05]

Lockdown imminent? on 12:07 - Jan 2 with 1839 viewsJaySaint

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/02/britain-got-it-wrong-on-covid-long

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Lockdown imminent? on 12:09 - Jan 2 with 1837 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 11:37 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

It is not nonsense at all. We are where we are thanks to the vaccination programme but people are still being killed by this pandemic every day. It is far from over which is precisely why you asked the question about a possible lockdown. What is nonsense is your constant banging on about conspiracy theories and anti vax rhetoric.

You just want to stay in a state of perpetual vaccination for some perverse reason....I just want and end to fear coercion and manipulation...and maybe getting back to using natural immunity..Omicron actually presents a step to that..a heavy basic cold infection..not worthy of vaccination..Omicron is exactly that.

Lockdown imminent? on 12:18 - Jan 2 with 1821 viewsSadoldgit

Lockdown imminent? on 12:09 - Jan 2 by saint68

You just want to stay in a state of perpetual vaccination for some perverse reason....I just want and end to fear coercion and manipulation...and maybe getting back to using natural immunity..Omicron actually presents a step to that..a heavy basic cold infection..not worthy of vaccination..Omicron is exactly that.

Many are in a state of perpetual vaccination for the flu virus and will probably need to be for covid too. Small price to pay to save lives.
Lockdown imminent? on 12:20 - Jan 2 with 1818 viewsJaySaint

Lockdown imminent? on 12:18 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

Many are in a state of perpetual vaccination for the flu virus and will probably need to be for covid too. Small price to pay to save lives.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Lockdown imminent? on 12:23 - Jan 2 with 1806 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 12:18 - Jan 2 by Sadoldgit

You've answered my question with the most perfect answer...those at risk take a vaccination to provide personal protection due to their health status. ..absolutely understandable and correct in every aspect ...vaccinating those that aren't in anyway at risk is illogical...thanks Sogs..you nailed it.

Happy New year

Lockdown imminent? on 12:34 - Jan 2 with 1787 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 12:20 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

The horrendous implications of the past 2yrs of absolute over the top manipulation and coercement will be so astronomically absurd many will question their detachment from grounded logical thinking...I'm not gloating as that's not in anyway my standpoint...I'm just glad that finally the fog of covid misinformation and media coercement/control is finally dissolving.

No one has benefited from the past 2yrs other than those in control that have overseen business paralysed, families divided and liberties eroded...the fallout will be life changing and in many cases irreparable.

Lockdown imminent? on 12:35 - Jan 2 with 1784 viewsPoirot

I dont see a lockdown but the worse the infection rate gets, critical infrastructure will start to fail. People need to stop looking only at hospital numbers and realise thats just one part. In no particular order, Fireman, policeman, security, food production and delivery, petrol distribution etc When staff absences gets to a certain level that all stops to function.
Lockdown imminent? on 12:40 - Jan 2 with 1771 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 12:35 - Jan 2 by Poirot

I dont see a lockdown but the worse the infection rate gets, critical infrastructure will start to fail. People need to stop looking only at hospital numbers and realise thats just one part. In no particular order, Fireman, policeman, security, food production and delivery, petrol distribution etc When staff absences gets to a certain level that all stops to function.

Got a cold take some Beachams and carry the fuk on...not cower in your house and wait for the all clear whilst suffering some sniffles and a slight headache...look at how brainwashed you've become with such hysterical illogical nonsense..life's for living..try and get back to actually realising that mate

Happy New year

Lockdown imminent? on 12:44 - Jan 2 with 1766 viewsPoirot

Lockdown imminent? on 12:20 - Jan 2 by JaySaint

Usual guff from the clown marsden, the detail being 79,000 is the number of people who self-reported to TGA a potential side effect they had in the 30 days post vax that they SUSPECT may be linked (any from minor headache to near death), only a tiny % of which are actually both linked & serious. The TGA is now littered with fake reviews carried out by anti-vaxxers and nutters.
Lockdown imminent? on 13:02 - Jan 2 with 1750 viewssaint68

Lockdown imminent? on 12:44 - Jan 2 by Poirot

Usual guff from the clown marsden, the detail being 79,000 is the number of people who self-reported to TGA a potential side effect they had in the 30 days post vax that they SUSPECT may be linked (any from minor headache to near death), only a tiny % of which are actually both linked & serious. The TGA is now littered with fake reviews carried out by anti-vaxxers and nutters.

The greatest providers of false information over the past 2yrs are actually pharmaceutical companies and governments...wake up and realise you've Been mugged off by the very people you trust without question..

Lockdown imminent? on 13:09 - Jan 2 with 1736 viewssaint68

I'm actually very pleased that in the last few weeks so many people have actually started (rightly so) to really question the absolute farcical guidance and fear from those that actually we should be 100% in trust of...

Maybe take time out to see what the real reason so many flights are being cancelled..it isn't in anyway or form down to lack of requirements ..its due to illness and sadly the incapability of pilots to perform their essential safety requirements due to adverse effects.

Lockdown imminent? on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 1691 viewsElijahK

If we did go into one, I would really hope that most people would just ignore it all and actually get on with their lives for once! As if your getting vaccinated and such, then it’s basically no difference to getting a cold/being a bit ill, but your not gonna die, and if your really that worried about it/haven’t been vaccinated then you can stay at home if you what, but why should everyone else have to stay at home for some stupid lockdown just because of them/these stupid rules!?

I mean the fact that nobody cares about face masks on trains and such, as well as shops, social distancing etc, just sums up of how fed up people are with it all, and how everyone wants to get on with their lives again so that we can get back to a normal world. So if we do go into a lockdown again, then I can certainly expect/back up some people rioting/ignoring the rules.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 13:39]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Lockdown imminent? on 13:54 - Jan 2 with 1657 viewsBazza

Lockdown imminent? on 13:37 - Jan 2 by ElijahK

If we did go into one, I would really hope that most people would just ignore it all and actually get on with their lives for once! As if your getting vaccinated and such, then it’s basically no difference to getting a cold/being a bit ill, but your not gonna die, and if your really that worried about it/haven’t been vaccinated then you can stay at home if you what, but why should everyone else have to stay at home for some stupid lockdown just because of them/these stupid rules!?

I mean the fact that nobody cares about face masks on trains and such, as well as shops, social distancing etc, just sums up of how fed up people are with it all, and how everyone wants to get on with their lives again so that we can get back to a normal world. So if we do go into a lockdown again, then I can certainly expect/back up some people rioting/ignoring the rules.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 13:39]

Your second paragraph is totally different from my experiences; on trains nearly all wore masks and only a few young people wore theirs around their necks. In shops close to 100% mask wearing. Perhaps it depends on where you live?
Lockdown imminent? on 14:21 - Jan 2 with 1615 viewssaint22

Lockdown imminent? on 13:02 - Jan 2 by saint68

The greatest providers of false information over the past 2yrs are actually pharmaceutical companies and governments...wake up and realise you've Been mugged off by the very people you trust without question..

Flu shot, malaria tablets etc etc
Get jabbed and shut up
And if you don’t want the jab then mask up and stay away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024