Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! 14:10 - Jan 4 with 2970 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56657/who-is-the-man-beh

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:17 - Jan 4 with 2613 viewsdirk_doone

Nick is clearly gettting no backhanders from Kraft, Ankersen and Solak. Looks like they are going to get the Cortese treatment from him. He's already started moaning about them.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:18 - Jan 4 with 2601 viewssaints__fan__73

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:17 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

Nick is clearly gettting no backhanders from Kraft, Ankersen and Solak. Looks like they are going to get the Cortese treatment from him. He's already started moaning about them.

Hopefully we won't start winning games of football. Last time that happened Nick was scathing about those running the club.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:20 - Jan 4 with 2581 viewsSonicBoom

SF 73 just enjoy the moment mate. Don't make every post a dig at Nick....
Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:25 - Jan 4 with 2550 viewsdirk_doone

Have you seen how negative Nick's article is? His concluding paragraph reads:

"The problem with assessing the takeover is Sport Direct really have no track record, Rasmus Ankersen does having built up both FC Midtjylland and Brentford into top flight clubs, but it is far easier to get a club from the Championship or even League One into the Premier League than it is to get a club from 11th place to 6th or 7th in the Premier as Everton and Aston Villa and other clubs have found out."

Anyone who looks into the background of Henrik Kraft, Rasmus Ankersen and Dragan Solak can tell you that they should be a massive improvement on Gao. Their arrival is great news for our club. This is a time to be positive.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 14:29]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:27 - Jan 4 with 2542 viewssaints__fan__73

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:20 - Jan 4 by SonicBoom

SF 73 just enjoy the moment mate. Don't make every post a dig at Nick....

Can't we have both?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:28 - Jan 4 with 2535 viewssaints__fan__73

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:25 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

"The problem with assessing the takeover is Sport Direct really have no track record, Rasmus Ankersen does having built up both FC Midtjylland and Brentford into top flight clubs, but it is far easier to get a club from the Championship or even League One into the Premier League than it is to get a club from 11th place to 6th or 7th in the Premier as Everton and Aston Villa and other clubs have found out."

Anyone who looks into the background of Henrik Kraft, Rasmus Ankersen and Dragan Solak can tell you that they should be a massive improvement on Gao. Their arrival is great news for our club. This is a time to be positive.

To be blunt we could be doing so much better.....

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:44 - Jan 4 with 2463 viewsButty101

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:18 - Jan 4 by saints__fan__73

Hopefully we won't start winning games of football. Last time that happened Nick was scathing about those running the club.

I expect to see an article next week on how much NI and pension contributions the club is having to pay for the likes of Walcott.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:10 - Jan 4 with 2300 viewsDorsetIan

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:25 - Jan 4 by dirk_doone

I liked the final opportunity to state that Gao‘s only problem was getting money out of China, not his willingness to spend it.

Is there one post-it note of evidence that Gao was willing to spend money??

Hopefully the excuses for Gao can now stop. He didn’t take us down. That’s about all that can be said for him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:24 - Jan 4 with 2255 viewsSaintNick

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:10 - Jan 4 by DorsetIan

I liked the final opportunity to state that Gao‘s only problem was getting money out of China, not his willingness to spend it.

Is there one post-it note of evidence that Gao was willing to spend money??

Hopefully the excuses for Gao can now stop. He didn’t take us down. That’s about all that can be said for him.

Gao doesnt need excuses he leaves the club in a better state than when he acquired it, for all but around 7 clubs the only aim these days is to stay in the Premier league, so Gao has done better than around 12 owners who saw their clubs relegated.

As I type Adam Blackmore is saying exactly what I have said and also said that Sport Direct will continue in the same vein ie running it as a business and take it forward, but they can put more in than Gao who could not invest due to the chinese government.

Don't take it from me but Adam Blackmore perhaps the most informed journalist on the club, read the statements from the new owners who are saying they bought the club because it was well run

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 2244 viewsButty101

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:24 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Gao doesnt need excuses he leaves the club in a better state than when he acquired it, for all but around 7 clubs the only aim these days is to stay in the Premier league, so Gao has done better than around 12 owners who saw their clubs relegated.

As I type Adam Blackmore is saying exactly what I have said and also said that Sport Direct will continue in the same vein ie running it as a business and take it forward, but they can put more in than Gao who could not invest due to the chinese government.

Don't take it from me but Adam Blackmore perhaps the most informed journalist on the club, read the statements from the new owners who are saying they bought the club because it was well run

Blackmore actually said that under Gao we had stagnated due to no investment.

And how are we in a better place since his ownership?
2014-15 7th
2015-16 6th
2016-17 8th
Gao takes us over
2017-18 17th
2018-19 16th
2019-20 11th
2020-21 15th
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 16:34]

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:37 - Jan 4 with 2191 viewssaint68

Upward progression in the table is all I'd wish for...so let's hope for that and zero debt placed directly against the club..thats a positive direction that we'd all be happy with.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:39 - Jan 4 with 2185 viewsSaintNick

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:26 - Jan 4 by Butty101

Blackmore actually said that under Gao we had stagnated due to no investment.

And how are we in a better place since his ownership?
2014-15 7th
2015-16 6th
2016-17 8th
Gao takes us over
2017-18 17th
2018-19 16th
2019-20 11th
2020-21 15th
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 16:34]

Im sure you also heard him say that the reason the new people bought the club was because they like the way it is being run and they are continuing with the same way forward but with the chance of a little more investment.

We may have finished 8th the season before Gao arrived but wasnt that the one were all the fans didn't renew their season tickets because they wanted Claude Puel sacked because they werent being entertained and preferred a lower league position.

It wasn''t just about League positions, in 2017 we had a lot of players on high earnings, the recruitment process was shot, behind the scenes was a shambles, Gao leaves with us still in the Premier League, we had two FA Cup semi finals under him after having only 1 in the past 31 years, yes when you look at it he achieved nothing .

I have never said he was great but i recognise the situation that materialised and give him credit, he could be sat back with the proceeds of various transfers out nestling in his pocket

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 17:08 - Jan 4 with 2092 viewssaints__fan__73

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:24 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

You do spout some utter tripe.

When Gao took over we were a club in the PL with zero debt.

When he leaves we are around 100m in debt. How can any sane person say this is better shape?

And what are you on about 'Sport Direct'? That's Mike Ashley's company ffs.....

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 17:12 - Jan 4 with 2081 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's wonderful news that Gao has gone, 🎉🎄👍🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

How exciting that we have new "investors". Money to be invested in the team. What a breath of fresh air.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 2078 viewsTripleNiemi

Are you still drunk from New Year Nick?

What exactly did Martin Semmens say was Gao's 'legacy' from his time at Saints? I don't believe there were many points if i heard the same interview......

Gao got bloödy lucky we were not relegated in my opinion; he has been nothing short of a disaster unless one believes the diatribe he is worth 4 Billion but sadly was not allowed to get any cash out of China......

Yes, we were not relegated, yes he let us reinvest but hardly an improvement was it...really?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 17:47]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 17:45 - Jan 4 with 2020 viewssaint68

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:39 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Im sure you also heard him say that the reason the new people bought the club was because they like the way it is being run and they are continuing with the same way forward but with the chance of a little more investment.

We may have finished 8th the season before Gao arrived but wasnt that the one were all the fans didn't renew their season tickets because they wanted Claude Puel sacked because they werent being entertained and preferred a lower league position.

It wasn''t just about League positions, in 2017 we had a lot of players on high earnings, the recruitment process was shot, behind the scenes was a shambles, Gao leaves with us still in the Premier League, we had two FA Cup semi finals under him after having only 1 in the past 31 years, yes when you look at it he achieved nothing .

I have never said he was great but i recognise the situation that materialised and give him credit, he could be sat back with the proceeds of various transfers out nestling in his pocket

When reading your first paragraph Nick I feel deeply uninspired...its run up a massive debt and been as exciting as new forest pony being run over for the past few years..that statement is truly atrocious.

GAO IN!!

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 17:53 - Jan 4 with 1997 viewsButty101

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:39 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Nick stop embarrassing yourself with this “he could of taken money from transfers”. How many times are you going to try and peddle this rubbish.

You said that the club was in a better place than when Gao took over. The facts disagree, we were a consistent top 10 club. Gao took over and we have had relegation scraps since. He also leaves us with a considerable debt . That is facts . What you are pushing is your opinion.

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 18:30 - Jan 4 with 1927 viewsSadoldgit

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 17:12 - Jan 4 by Saintsforeverj

It's wonderful news that Gao has gone, 🎉🎄👍🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

How exciting that we have new "investors". Money to be invested in the team. What a breath of fresh air.

Don’t hold your breath about a spending spree. It doesn’t sound like that things are going to change hugely.
Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 18:43 - Jan 4 with 1897 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sport Republic is being built to provide a network of people, clubs, and technology that allows the clubs within it to grow every day and gain the advantages you need to be successful.

This bit is curiously exciting. A portfolio of clubs under the same ownership, will be able to swap players, develop players and make money together. Saints have said that we are in a much better financial state today than yesterday, so a lot more money is there. In time, it might be spent on the team, and a lot of money to be made from the portfolio of clubs, mam city style. Potentially exciting, we will have to see.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 19:38 - Jan 4 with 1779 viewsDorsetIan

The fact that Gao is apparently selling for half what he paid for the club, and being £100m down in the deal in the process, suggests that he is not selling willingly. It indicates, as Dirk has suggested many times on here, that he is cash-strapped.

It is one thing to point to Chinese government policies which stop people taking money out of China and quite another to say that Gao was willing to invest.

You have absolutely no evidence at all that he would have invested had the Chinese policies been any different. He always said he wanted the club to be self-sufficient, so it's not unreasonable to think that he was never going to invest.

Either way, that fact that you state that he was willing to invest when there is no evidence at all that he was, quite clearly singles you out as someone who wants to paint him in the best possible light, whatever the facts.

And, of course, the club is 'well run' . It's been operating on a shoestring, it needed to be.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 19:51 - Jan 4 with 1756 viewscocklebreath

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 18:30 - Jan 4 by Sadoldgit

Don’t hold your breath about a spending spree. It doesn’t sound like that things are going to change hugely.

Here comes soggy with his doom and gloom ffs. Semmens said we are in a better position than yesterday that’s good enough for me. Onwards and upwards

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 21:13 - Jan 4 with 1635 viewsChesham_Saint

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 16:37 - Jan 4 by saint68

Upward progression in the table is all I'd wish for...so let's hope for that and zero debt placed directly against the club..thats a positive direction that we'd all be happy with.

Upward progression? To where? Without serious cash, organic progression will only go so far.

I have nothing against these new owners, but let’s be honest, if we’d had a Man City or Chelsea style backer it would be exciting. These guys seem a bit “meh”, to me…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 21:20 - Jan 4 with 1622 viewsKennington

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 14:44 - Jan 4 by Butty101

I expect to see an article next week on how much NI and pension contributions the club is having to pay for the likes of Walcott.

I’m looking forward to articles on reduced electronic advertising board revenue under the regime :-)

It is fantastic that Gao has gone, most of us have waited a while for this day.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 21:54 - Jan 4 with 1566 viewscocklebreath

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 21:13 - Jan 4 by Chesham_Saint

Upward progression? To where? Without serious cash, organic progression will only go so far.

I have nothing against these new owners, but let’s be honest, if we’d had a Man City or Chelsea style backer it would be exciting. These guys seem a bit “meh”, to me…

Probably meh enough to keep us from going down and into administration so I’ll take the meh. I’m hoping they actually listen to proper fans and stop doing idiotic things like putting cushions on sections of the ground or turning the saints pub thing into some over expensive burger bar. They might even move the away fans and make Dirks longed for kop end.
They need to keep the pre match though.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Who Is The Man Behind Southampton FC Takeover And What Is he Worth ! on 22:26 - Jan 4 with 1518 viewsCenturion

Happy if we just remain a Premier club for the next 20 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024