Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadbent extends stay! 16:05 - Jan 6 with 3064 viewsBrierls

Well, I didn’t see that coming!

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:09 - Jan 6 with 3029 viewsRAFCBLUE

Good start.

Offers versatility and is growing into the game.

I always thought that Robbie Stockdale put in 6 month loan contracts at the start of the window - good for the player and good for the club. If it doesn't work out then you only have that player for six month and there are no hard feelings.

Both parties must be enjoying the relationship to extend it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:09 - Jan 6 with 3029 viewsBrierls

Credit to the club admin on this one…they didn’t do the ‘who fancies a signing’ and ‘look out’ or ‘signature’ emojis.

They know that would have been an anti climax. I suspect we’ll only see a build up to a signing if it’s you know who.
Broadbent extends stay! on 16:11 - Jan 6 with 3012 viewsfitzochris

Hopefully it doesn’t mean another midfielder is leaving…

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:11 - Jan 6 with 3011 viewsRAFCBLUE

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:09 - Jan 6 by Brierls

Credit to the club admin on this one…they didn’t do the ‘who fancies a signing’ and ‘look out’ or ‘signature’ emojis.

They know that would have been an anti climax. I suspect we’ll only see a build up to a signing if it’s you know who.

Taylor Curran?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:32 - Jan 6 with 2901 viewsAtThePeake

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:09 - Jan 6 by RAFCBLUE

Good start.

Offers versatility and is growing into the game.

I always thought that Robbie Stockdale put in 6 month loan contracts at the start of the window - good for the player and good for the club. If it doesn't work out then you only have that player for six month and there are no hard feelings.

Both parties must be enjoying the relationship to extend it.

Not seen enough from him so far to be convinced personally.

I do suspect he's seen as a permanent target at the end of the season when his contract expires at Sheff Utd so Stockdale is using this campaign to get him minutes where possible and develop his game so that he's ready to be used as a regular starter as of next season.

Tangled up in blue.

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:45 - Jan 6 with 2828 viewsgolfaduffy

Hardly seen him play, so will reserve judgment, but he hasn't exactly taken L2 by storm. Hopeful that Stockdale sees potential in him for the future.

Wonder if it means someone will be sold?
Broadbent extends stay! on 17:30 - Jan 6 with 2677 viewsDaleiLama

Robbie VERY happy with the signing

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Broadbent extends stay! on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 2672 views49thseason

Whilst its true that we haven't seen much of Broadbent, I do think that Stockdale thinks there is something about him that is worth keeping at the club maybe as a longer term prospect than an immediate success. If the youth policy is to be successful, the longer the conveyor belt, the better. There needs to be overlapping cover of each position and sufficient width to allow for changes in strategy and emphasis.
Perhaps we should be looking at the overall squad rather than just the matchday selections to guage where we are up to with the Stockdale project so far. The next incomers, if there are any, may reveal more about where we are heading.
Login to get fewer ads

Broadbent extends stay! on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 2645 viewsHullDale

Broadbent extends stay! on 16:09 - Jan 6 by Brierls

Good point well made about the club admin - it would've been easy to do a 'clickbait' type build up, but they didn't. Some of the comments that I've seen replying to various club tweets have been nothing short of disgusting over the last few weeks - good to see them remaining professional with stuff and keeping content coming.

Feels like a good signing for the second half of the season... will probably grow into more game time, maybe on the back of one or two outgoings, and as someone else pointed out maybe a permanent signing in the Summer (I hadn't realised he was out of contract with Sheffield at the end of this season!)
Broadbent extends stay! on 21:06 - Jan 6 with 2165 viewsRAFCBLUE

Broadbent extends stay! on 17:37 - Jan 6 by HullDale

Good point well made about the club admin - it would've been easy to do a 'clickbait' type build up, but they didn't. Some of the comments that I've seen replying to various club tweets have been nothing short of disgusting over the last few weeks - good to see them remaining professional with stuff and keeping content coming.

Feels like a good signing for the second half of the season... will probably grow into more game time, maybe on the back of one or two outgoings, and as someone else pointed out maybe a permanent signing in the Summer (I hadn't realised he was out of contract with Sheffield at the end of this season!)

And another good:

"Come and put yourself in the shop window of proper men's football"

It's a win/win for everyone. George Broadbent is playing for his next contract either her or somewhere else. The better he plays the second half of the season, the more options he will have.

We are getting a reputation for a place to come to if you want to play and develop yourself. That's exactly how it should be.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024