Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa 10:53 - Jan 10 with 2185 viewsSonicBoom

With Digne likely to go there for 25 mill, what does the future hold for Targett. I thought he was doing quite well but I'm sure Digne will be first choice.
I checked a villa message board and let's just say they are less than impressed with Targett. I imagine he'll stay there as back up enjoying his big salary.
Villa on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 2164 viewsSalisburySaint

Targett was players player of the year at Villa last season

Wouldn't mind him back

ttps://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2021/05/23/aston-villa-trio-notch-season-awards/
Villa on 11:29 - Jan 10 with 2138 viewsSonicBoom

Well on the threads where they discuss Targett they all say Digne is a big upgrade and that Targett is immobile and can't move the ball fast enough. Most say he will be sold in the summer.
Villa on 11:36 - Jan 10 with 2132 viewsSaintNick

Villa on 11:00 - Jan 10 by SalisburySaint

Targett was players player of the year at Villa last season

Wouldn't mind him back

ttps://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2021/05/23/aston-villa-trio-notch-season-awards/

I liked Targett, but I would say Kyle Walker Peters is a better left back and we have Thierry Small chomping at the bit

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Villa on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 2112 viewsPaleRider

Villa on 11:36 - Jan 10 by SaintNick

I liked Targett, but I would say Kyle Walker Peters is a better left back and we have Thierry Small chomping at the bit

Nick, I agree. Targett has always underwhelmed - a decent PL player but not great. Is he better than Perraud? Small sounds a genuinely exciting prospect.

I think that Villa and Newcastle are potentially going down the Everton route, a direction we need to avoid going in and are unlikely to go in with our new owners.
Villa on 14:30 - Jan 10 with 1969 viewsChesham_Saint

Villa on 11:36 - Jan 10 by SaintNick

KWP is a far, far better player.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Villa on 15:01 - Jan 10 with 1940 viewsDorsetIan

Targett was brilliant at fast low, crosses from wide of the box. Remember a spell where he picked up a decent number of assists in just a few games by doing just that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Villa on 20:45 - Jan 10 with 1797 viewskernow

Matt Targett hasn't done lot wrong tonight.
Ings has been anonymous.
Villa on 21:09 - Jan 10 with 1766 viewskernow

Ings is angry.
Login to get fewer ads

Villa on 21:10 - Jan 10 with 1759 views1885_SFC

'Away team has goal ruled out at Old Trafford' shocker...

Old School is Cool

Villa on 21:14 - Jan 10 with 1745 viewscocklebreath

Villa on 21:10 - Jan 10 by 1885_SFC

'Away team has goal ruled out at Old Trafford' shocker...

They looked at everything they could to disallow it, offside no, handball no obstruction yes.
Man U are fooking terrible

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Villa on 21:50 - Jan 10 with 1684 views1885_SFC

Christ what a boring game...

Old School is Cool

Villa on 21:51 - Jan 10 with 1684 viewsdirk_doone

Villa on 21:14 - Jan 10 by cocklebreath

They looked at everything they could to disallow it, offside no, handball no obstruction yes.
Man U are fooking terrible

They certainly wouldn't have done that if it had been a United goal or one against us. The officials help United win so many games.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 21:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Villa on 21:52 - Jan 10 with 1677 viewsSaintsforeverj

I know a great song to sing to Ings

"You're gonna win f all!"

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Villa on 22:00 - Jan 10 with 1631 viewsdarthvader

Villa on 21:52 - Jan 10 by Saintsforeverj

I know a great song to sing to Ings

"You're gonna win f all!"

I did laugh when his offside/handball/blocked defender/whatever goal got chalked off ...
Cant believe i wanted united to win that one , but i did .

keep the faith coyr

Villa on 22:09 - Jan 10 with 1620 viewsdirk_doone

Villa on 22:00 - Jan 10 by darthvader

I did laugh when his offside/handball/blocked defender/whatever goal got chalked off ...

I didn't. I look at every result in terms of have it affects Saints and that's United as good as through to the last 16. They've knocked us out of the cup so many times before, I'm happy every time they get beaten. Of the 15 FA Cup games we've played against them, we've won just one: admittedly, that was a good one. Whereas Villa is a team I think we'd have had a better chance of beating and they wouldn't have had the officials helping them..
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 22:41]

Villa on 22:16 - Jan 10 with 1595 viewsdarthvader

Villa on 22:09 - Jan 10 by dirk_doone

I didn't. I look at every result in terms of have it affects Saints and that's United as good as through to the last 16. They've knocked us out of the cup so many times before, I'm happy every time they get beaten. Of the 15 FA Cup games we've played against them, we've won just one: admittedly, that was a good one. Whereas Villa is a team I think we'd have had a better chance of beating and they wouldn't have had the officials helping them..

I agree with you on all fronts ..well normally i would , but tonight villa looked fooking hot for long spells with their pressing and their directness .
i imagined our backline getting very nervous against them in this form . So on tonights performance , im glad they didnt progress .oh and watching ings lose too . Bonus

keep the faith coyr

Villa on 22:22 - Jan 10 with 1579 viewsdarthvader

Villa on 22:09 - Jan 10 by dirk_doone

Ps didnt we beat them in 1991 a replay at old trafford ? When Tim flowers ran the length of the pitch after saving Giggs penalty ?was that facup ?

keep the faith coyr

Villa on 22:41 - Jan 10 with 1553 viewsdirk_doone

Villa on 22:22 - Jan 10 by darthvader

Ps didnt we beat them in 1991 a replay at old trafford ? When Tim flowers ran the length of the pitch after saving Giggs penalty ?was that facup ?

League Cup

Villa on 22:53 - Jan 10 with 1541 viewshedgeend61

Villa on 22:41 - Jan 10 by dirk_doone

League Cup

Was FA Cup 4th round replay Dirk, Saints 4-2 on penalties

https://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/match_data/match_sql.php?my_match_date=1992-02-
Villa on 23:07 - Jan 10 with 1515 viewsdirk_doone

Villa on 22:53 - Jan 10 by hedgeend61

Was FA Cup 4th round replay Dirk, Saints 4-2 on penalties

https://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/match_data/match_sql.php?my_match_date=1992-02-

And I was convinced it was League Cup and I was wrong (I often am nowadays).

Perhaps we have a chance if we're drawn against United then. I'd still have preferred Villa though.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 23:08]

Villa on 23:14 - Jan 10 with 1494 viewsSaintsforeverj

As always, we could beat anyone at home, so we hope for a home draw in each round. Of course we want to avoid the top 5 teams but we will probably have to meet one or two if them if we go all the way. Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea are the teams I really wouldn't want to play. Man U aren't that good this year, so would fancy our chances, especially at home.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 23:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Villa on 08:59 - Jan 11 with 1318 viewsSonicBoom

Not sure we could beat anyone at home considering the number of games we won in 2021 but take your point about avoiding the top 5. Man U dont look great either but there's always the chance they turn it on.
The 4 th round is a bit of a dud with all the big teams drawn at home against lower opposition. Really need them to be playing each other.
Villa on 09:20 - Jan 11 with 1299 viewsSadoldgit

Villa on 22:00 - Jan 10 by darthvader

I’d forgotten he was playing up to that point. Not sure whether it was an intended pass or a badly placed shot for the second disallowed goal? He doesn’t look the same player as when he was on top of his game for us. I am with you, not often that I want United to win but did last night. They are not the side they used to be and are beatable. No longer ruthless in attack and weak at the back. Villa will be unhappy at not taking the match into extra time at the very least but had enough of the game to have won it, and they are an average side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024