Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH 21:21 - Jan 13 with 4054 viewsSaintNick

Seems like his family are distancing themselves from him

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:35 - Jan 16 with 836 viewsSadoldgit

Interesting to see that Andrew’s team are now trying to use the “false memory” as part of their defence. Perhaps it could work both ways and the prosecution could claim false memory syndrome when it comes to Andrew’s trip to collect pizza?

As for the Queen, she has been amazing and the consummate professional, but times have changed now and when she passes away we should look at modernising the monarchy and bringing it into the 21st century. I would prefer a republic but can’t see that happening any time soon, but big changes need to be made.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 20:24]
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 13:54 - Jan 16 with 783 viewsBazza

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:35 - Jan 16 by Sadoldgit

Interesting to see that Andrew’s team are now trying to use the “false memory” as part of their defence. Perhaps it could work both ways and the prosecution could claim false memory syndrome when it comes to Andrew’s trip to collect pizza?

As for the Queen, she has been amazing and the consummate professional, but times have changed now and when she passes away we should look at modernising the monarchy and bringing it into the 21st century. I would prefer a republic but can’t see that happening any time soon, but big changes need to be made.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 20:24]

For a change we're on the same page on this. Totally agree with all your points SOG's especially Andrew's likely 'false memory' of going to the Woking pizza place!
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 14:00 - Jan 16 with 779 viewsSadoldgit

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 13:54 - Jan 16 by Bazza

For a change we're on the same page on this. Totally agree with all your points SOG's especially Andrew's likely 'false memory' of going to the Woking pizza place!

Strangely enough his daughter had “ no recollection “ of that happening. Not to say it didn’t but you would think his security team would be able to back that up, if it happened! 😉
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 734 viewssaint68

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:24 - Jan 16 by GasGiant

As a fomer officer in Her Majesty's armed services if you spoke about any ninety five year old lady like that in front of me I'd break your bloody nose and then your teeth afterwards. I wouldn't even bother to dissemble the uninformed garbage in your post. Getting a litle sick of snotty nosed bedroom warriors working out the chips on their shoulders on here.

Fuly agree in regards to the complete lack of respect towards her majesty...she has been a wonderful monarch and sadly as many normal families have witnessed over the years her children have been less than perfect.

I'd imagine Elijah would probably like to retract that statement if honest.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 707 viewsBerber

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 23:27 - Jan 13 by Ron11

So nobody bothers using the non football forum anymore?
'Just scroll on if you're not interested'
Looks like scrolling on is going to the norm.

and it is the 6th most read thread on the front page. I don’t know why Nick doesn’t move it to the other category, or delete it. Controversy and petty arguments always attract the biggest crowds.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 701 viewssaint68

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:47 - Jan 16 by Berber

and it is the 6th most read thread on the front page. I don’t know why Nick doesn’t move it to the other category, or delete it. Controversy and petty arguments always attract the biggest crowds.

Oh no they don't 😁

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:19 - Jan 16 with 703 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:10 - Jan 14 by Bridders2

'Yeah I would be up for it'

You wouldn't last a day mush, and you'd miss your PlayStation.

Don’t have a PlayStation and never did, but I don’t see what’s soo hard/challenging with doing what any average person could very easily do

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:22 - Jan 16 with 701 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:24 - Jan 16 by GasGiant

As a fomer officer in Her Majesty's armed services if you spoke about any ninety five year old lady like that in front of me I'd break your bloody nose and then your teeth afterwards. I wouldn't even bother to dissemble the uninformed garbage in your post. Getting a litle sick of snotty nosed bedroom warriors working out the chips on their shoulders on here.

Sorry but not everyone’s back from when we actually thought that someone being born into some “special” family actually meant anything, that’s exactly why most country’s don’t have any royalty now, and any that do, many of the population don’t respect them as much as they did 100 or so years ago. As these days you get respect out of doing good things that the average person couldn’t/would struggle to do, and what the queen does, isn’t hard

Login to get fewer ads

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:25 - Jan 16 with 694 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 17:05 - Jan 16 by saint68

Fuly agree in regards to the complete lack of respect towards her majesty...she has been a wonderful monarch and sadly as many normal families have witnessed over the years her children have been less than perfect.

I'd imagine Elijah would probably like to retract that statement if honest.

No I wouldn’t, as I think it’s completely disgraceful that we do all these days/holidays and sing a national anthem about a women who gets a life of luxury for doing nothing special at all, over the soldiers, policemen, doctors, firefighters and even teachers, carers etc who give their lives (both literally and metaphorically) for the country by saving as well as shaping others.

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:32 - Jan 16 with 678 viewssaint68

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:25 - Jan 16 by ElijahK

No I wouldn’t, as I think it’s completely disgraceful that we do all these days/holidays and sing a national anthem about a women who gets a life of luxury for doing nothing special at all, over the soldiers, policemen, doctors, firefighters and even teachers, carers etc who give their lives (both literally and metaphorically) for the country by saving as well as shaping others.

Well thats your very misguided opinion..fair enough..but if you think that she offers nothing then you are sadly way out of touch ..her children have let her down..but she's never let this country down and is an exemplary example of what it is to be British.

Don't give your address to GG, he'll probably turn up and change your smile forever.

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 19:03 - Jan 16 with 662 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:32 - Jan 16 by saint68

Well thats your very misguided opinion..fair enough..but if you think that she offers nothing then you are sadly way out of touch ..her children have let her down..but she's never let this country down and is an exemplary example of what it is to be British.

Don't give your address to GG, he'll probably turn up and change your smile forever.

Yeah I’m not worried about anyone on here, but sorry I just don’t get of what she actually does in which the average day to day person couldn’t do if they were in her shoes, whilst there’s a lot of things the average person couldn’t/doesn’t do when in the shoes of a soldier, firefighter, policeman etc, but just because one was born into some family (which is completely down to luck) and the others weren’t, now means that we automatically respect some soo highly and give a major gap between them and those that didn’t have that luck.
As my respect, as well as many other younger people, goes to those that help protect us and did what very few others could do, like all the soldiers that gave their lives for us in WW1/2, the policemen that help to stop the abusers/murders from getting away, and the firefighters saving the lives of soo many.

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 19:16 - Jan 16 with 648 viewssaint68

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 19:03 - Jan 16 by ElijahK

Yeah I’m not worried about anyone on here, but sorry I just don’t get of what she actually does in which the average day to day person couldn’t do if they were in her shoes, whilst there’s a lot of things the average person couldn’t/doesn’t do when in the shoes of a soldier, firefighter, policeman etc, but just because one was born into some family (which is completely down to luck) and the others weren’t, now means that we automatically respect some soo highly and give a major gap between them and those that didn’t have that luck.
As my respect, as well as many other younger people, goes to those that help protect us and did what very few others could do, like all the soldiers that gave their lives for us in WW1/2, the policemen that help to stop the abusers/murders from getting away, and the firefighters saving the lives of soo many.

We all feel immense gratitude for those that sacrifice their lives and have made the country safe, that's never in question nor should it ever be...you're missing the point in regards to her majesty though.. she never chose to be Queen..it was thrust upon her and she in reality only wanted to spend her life with her recently departed husband away from the role she had to accept..but she has taken the role and been the greatest monarch we've ever been fortunate to have..fair tolerant and humble..those qualities make her someone worthy of total respect and admiration.in modern terms ..don't hate the player hate the game...birth rights aren't great or in all honesty valid in the modern era..but it is what it is Elijah.

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 19:43 - Jan 16 with 641 viewsElijahK

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 19:16 - Jan 16 by saint68

We all feel immense gratitude for those that sacrifice their lives and have made the country safe, that's never in question nor should it ever be...you're missing the point in regards to her majesty though.. she never chose to be Queen..it was thrust upon her and she in reality only wanted to spend her life with her recently departed husband away from the role she had to accept..but she has taken the role and been the greatest monarch we've ever been fortunate to have..fair tolerant and humble..those qualities make her someone worthy of total respect and admiration.in modern terms ..don't hate the player hate the game...birth rights aren't great or in all honesty valid in the modern era..but it is what it is Elijah.

You say that we feel immense gratitude, but it doesn’t really show though, as I get what your saying as yeah your right white the whole “she never chose to be a queen etc” and I get what your saying there, and I do have some respect for her, it’s just I don’t see it as right that she gets all this respect and we’ll all get like a week of national sadness (or whatever the correct term is for it) when she passes away, yet all we do for soldiers or such is have like a minutes silence for them once every year, and don’t get people bowing to them when they walk past.
As yeah the queen has done a bit, but what she gets in return for it (aka living in a palace, getting a life of luxury etc) is why I don’t respect her as much as others, as if someone does a many hour job, they’re usually returned with a pretty decent wage (due to the more hours they do) and you don’t give someone loads of automatic respect just for that, so why should the queen differ?
As yeah I do feel sorry for her on the fact that her husband, Philip, passed away, but I feel as sorry as I would for most other peoples partners passing away but don’t get of why people care more?…

Still look everyone’s got their opinions on things, and our differences in opinions is what causes debates and such and helps to improve the world as more people see things in different ways, as I do respect the queen, but not as much as other people, and that won’t change, just how I’m almost certain that yours and certain others will always respect the queen more than anyone else on earth/a lot more than many others.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 19:44]

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 21:02 - Jan 16 with 598 viewsBerber

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 18:22 - Jan 16 by ElijahK

Sorry but not everyone’s back from when we actually thought that someone being born into some “special” family actually meant anything, that’s exactly why most country’s don’t have any royalty now, and any that do, many of the population don’t respect them as much as they did 100 or so years ago. As these days you get respect out of doing good things that the average person couldn’t/would struggle to do, and what the queen does, isn’t hard

So how do you account for some of Europe’s wealthiest countries (per capita) and most pronounced and progressive social and sexual equality regimes both having and cherishing their royal families? I am talking aboutNorway, Sweden and Denmark.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 09:34 - Jan 17 with 544 viewsSadoldgit

I guess the issue is at what point do you ditch an anachronism? There is no doubt that a monarchy is a very outdated institution. Few countries have them now and if you didn’t have one you probably wouldn’t set in up from scratch. We are notbparticularlybprogressivevin this regard and cling on to our ‘betters” as some kind of fear that we would lose our national identity if we parted with a monarchy. It is very difficult to defend the institution as it stands in this day and age. Once the Queen passes we need to have serious discussions about how this country moves forward. If Charles has any sense he will make big changes to the monarchy and bring it more in line to life in the 21stC. He could start by ditching the minor royals and the titles that go with them.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:29 - Jan 17 with 519 viewsGasGiant

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 12:59 - Jan 14 by franniesTache

I've always found the idea of a "ruling" family who are placed above us based on a divine right given by a god i don't believe in a strange and outdated concept.

Then again i don't see the need for a president if we get rid of them either, having two functioning houses of government (ideally both elected, but that's another story) is more than enough in a modern democracy.

As for Andrew, i'm on the side of innocent till proven guilty, but this does sound like they've made their own internal call on it.

There's a world of difference between "rule" and "reign" Frannie. Monarchs haven't ruled us since the English Civil War, and that's not just semantics, it's a fundamental principle of our constitution (yes it does exist) conveniently overlooked in every anti monarchist discussion. From Charles II onwards our Heads of State have known that they rule only by consent of Parliament, or the Robber Barons if you will. Look at the fate of James II or even Edward VIII. They do not "rule". And it is from the real Ruling Class that our Presidents would be elected, and then we would have not just one source of misrule but two. The idea that the unpredictable and random family and retinue of any temporary president would somehow be an improvement is fallacious. We have by accident created something unique in the continuous thread of our history, and it is being systematically abused and dismantled by an historically ignorant mob . We will live to regret it even within our own lifetimes.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 10:31]
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 13:01 - Jan 17 with 477 viewsfranniesTache

Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 10:29 - Jan 17 by GasGiant

There's a world of difference between "rule" and "reign" Frannie. Monarchs haven't ruled us since the English Civil War, and that's not just semantics, it's a fundamental principle of our constitution (yes it does exist) conveniently overlooked in every anti monarchist discussion. From Charles II onwards our Heads of State have known that they rule only by consent of Parliament, or the Robber Barons if you will. Look at the fate of James II or even Edward VIII. They do not "rule". And it is from the real Ruling Class that our Presidents would be elected, and then we would have not just one source of misrule but two. The idea that the unpredictable and random family and retinue of any temporary president would somehow be an improvement is fallacious. We have by accident created something unique in the continuous thread of our history, and it is being systematically abused and dismantled by an historically ignorant mob . We will live to regret it even within our own lifetimes.

Get what you're saying and you're right to point out the difference between rule and reign but either way i don't really see the point of them in a modern day world.

No disrespect to them and no argument with those that do, i just personally don't understand it.

As for any replacement, i've never understood why you need one. I don't really see the need for a president or even head of state if you have a functioning government and a balance in a second house of some description.

Mind you i also don't really like the concept of political parties either and would personally love to see the whip abolished and for us to be able recall MP's easier.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 13:18 - Jan 17 with 465 viewsBazza

I don't consider myself 'historically ignorant'. Any short study of the Queen's ancestors show some very odd jumps in succession and suspected murderers {possibly the same for all of us) yet we are expected to bow not only to the Queen but her close relatives.
But my real beef is that however much one respects the Queen ( I do), it is an oddity that our rulers are there purely by an accident of birth. That is simply not appropriate in our modern world where all are born equal.
Also the multitude of new inherited titles gifted initially from the sovereign forever create inequality eg Dukes of Edinburgh, Wessex and Cambridge and perpetually onwards in their descendants.
I would bow the our Queen as she represents the State and does a difficult job well but I would not bow to any of the princes (or their spouses) most of whom have enjoyed significant unfair academic and career short cuts due to their family connections.
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 14:38 - Jan 17 with 435 viewsSadoldgit

I think most people understand that we are not “ruled” as such, but the Royal Family still enjoy enormous privileges and you only have to see the way the crowds behave at any Royal event to see the amount of metaphorical cap doffing still going on. There is something going on inside us Brits that makes us feel good about having a King or Queen to bow to. The French and many other countries gave that up years ago but we cling on to it desperately it seems. This from a country that did on one occasion actually commit regicide but still managed to find a way to bring back people to kneel to. Not so much a nation of shopkeepers maybe, more a nation of peasants. 😉
I agree with an earlier point, do we actually need a head of state? We already have a PM. Make the second chamber a democratically elected body and make sure they continue to have the ability to apply checks and balances on the Government of the day, job done.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 16:00]
Prince Andrew No Longer Able To Use HRH on 15:01 - Jan 17 with 428 viewssaint901

This seems to have turned into a "Monarchy" vs "Republic" thread with odd smatterings of historical inaccuracy thrown in for good measure?

I've said before that is the Queen decides that her family is not worthy of the title "King" at the time she dies, then she should gracefully be allowed to retire the Monarchy. Won't happen.

In theory at least a country needs a non political person/office/title holder to represent those features of the country that would otherwise be skewed by the partisan types at the top of the slippery pole in their particular party.

The thought of Boris being seen as all that is good about the UK is the stuff of nightmares!

The question now is whether those maneuvering to be King actually have the sort of qualities that we - their great unwashed subjects - want to be reflected on the domestic and world stage?

Charles - admitted adulterer and domestic abuser
Andrew - possible sex abuser of minors
Anne - known adultress and hold certain unpopular opinions
Edward - who knows what he is?

Would anybody actually vote for any of them to be King (or Queen)?

Next generation is:

William - read the gossip papers, maybe not as pure white as you think
Harry - splitter from the UK whose wife wants to criticise everything about us

Would you vote for one of them?

And that's the question for me.

Not "has the Queen done a good job in her gilded prison (I think she has), but whetehr anybody can fill those shoes (and I think not).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024