Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montel Gibson 16:03 - Jan 17 with 19523 viewsIOMDale

This is an interesting tweet:

Edit: Peck isn't a teammate, just a supporter. Random club for him to mention though unless he knew something?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 16:07]

UTDNFS

Montel Gibson on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 9550 viewsRAFCBLUE

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Montel Gibson on 16:14 - Jan 17 with 9534 viewsIOMDale

Mansfield supporters seem to think it's them:

[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 16:14]

UTDNFS

Montel Gibson on 16:16 - Jan 17 with 9495 views1907

Not a player I’ve heard us linked with.

Think Charman is more appealing than this lad.
Montel Gibson on 16:33 - Jan 17 with 9293 viewsShun

Montel Gibson on 16:16 - Jan 17 by 1907

Not a player I’ve heard us linked with.

Think Charman is more appealing than this lad.

He's scored 11 in 12 or something silly, but I'm not sure which level Stourbridge play at compared to Darlington. Who knows, it might be both of them? We certainly need 2 forwards. Someone on Facebook seems convinced we're close.
Montel Gibson on 16:46 - Jan 17 with 9232 viewsfermin

Montel Gibson on 16:33 - Jan 17 by Shun

He's scored 11 in 12 or something silly, but I'm not sure which level Stourbridge play at compared to Darlington. Who knows, it might be both of them? We certainly need 2 forwards. Someone on Facebook seems convinced we're close.

Stourbridge are one level below Darlington.
Montel Gibson on 16:51 - Jan 17 with 9150 viewsBrierls

Montel Gibson on 16:33 - Jan 17 by Shun

7th tier, I think. Darlo will be 6th tier.

This lad was being linked with Mansfield. I agree about needing two forwards but would be surprised if both came from non-league. On paper I'd prefer Charman, but wouldn't complain about a goalscorer joining.
Montel Gibson on 16:54 - Jan 17 with 9103 viewsBrierls

Montel Gibson on 16:14 - Jan 17 by IOMDale

Corey O'Keeffe contract extension?
Montel Gibson on 16:59 - Jan 17 with 9023 viewsYadHoDale

Montel Gibson on 16:54 - Jan 17 by Brierls

Corey O'Keeffe contract extension?

Might be Jonjo O'Toole, whose also out of contract this month, but whose spell at Mansfield has coincided with their upsurge in form.
Login to get fewer ads

Montel Gibson on 17:00 - Jan 17 with 8955 viewsShun

Montel Gibson on 16:14 - Jan 17 by IOMDale

Their signing is confirmed as O'Toole.
Montel Gibson on 18:04 - Jan 17 with 8427 views49thseason

Didnt hack it at either Notts or Grimsby There must be better options available if we have some money to spend.... if scoring goals in lower divisions is a guide we might as well get a full time scout on Firgrove.
Montel Gibson on 18:17 - Jan 17 with 8302 viewsAtThePeake

Montel Gibson on 18:04 - Jan 17 by 49thseason

Didnt hack it at either Notts or Grimsby There must be better options available if we have some money to spend.... if scoring goals in lower divisions is a guide we might as well get a full time scout on Firgrove.

The lad we sold to a Championship club for a six-figure fee last week couldn't hack it at Chesterfield or Salford by the same token.

Tangled up in blue.

Montel Gibson on 18:20 - Jan 17 with 8266 views442Dale

Jake Beesley has one good goalscoring season at Bradford PA in the sixth tier and didn’t do much at Salford. He had a half decent spell at Solihull Moors before we signed him and he developed. It’s all about being realistic and sometimes taking a chance on a player.
On the other side of the coin, Jon Shaw had a great season at Halifax before we signed him for a transfer fee. It’s best to trust Stockdale and the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Montel Gibson on 19:05 - Jan 17 with 7930 views1907

Lee Mcevilly is still one of my favourite players we acquired out of non league. That free kick at Preston…
Montel Gibson on 19:25 - Jan 17 with 7730 viewsmidlandsdale

Montel Gibson on 19:05 - Jan 17 by 1907

Lee Mcevilly is still one of my favourite players we acquired out of non league. That free kick at Preston…

The play off goal at R&D was special
Montel Gibson on 19:31 - Jan 17 with 7676 viewsIOMDale

Speaking of strikers, looks like we’ve beaten off competition to secure Luke Charman’s signature from Darlington.

He’ll be ripe for a loan to Stalybridge come November.

UTDNFS

Montel Gibson on 19:37 - Jan 17 with 7629 viewsboromat

Montel Gibson on 19:05 - Jan 17 by 1907

That goal got a little lad in the Preston end (with his Preston supporting dad) singing up the Dale after we taught him Dale songs leading up to the game

Job done I think.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 19:38]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Montel Gibson on 19:37 - Jan 17 with 7608 viewsTVOS1907

Montel Gibson on 18:20 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

Jake Beesley has one good goalscoring season at Bradford PA in the sixth tier and didn’t do much at Salford. He had a half decent spell at Solihull Moors before we signed him and he developed. It’s all about being realistic and sometimes taking a chance on a player.
On the other side of the coin, Jon Shaw had a great season at Halifax before we signed him for a transfer fee. It’s best to trust Stockdale and the club.

Not to forget Steve Whitehall and Scott Hogan, in addition to Craig Dawson at the other end of the pitch.

Meanwhile, in 1984, we signed Les Lawrence from Aldershot, after he had scored 24 goals in the same division in the previous season.

He scored five goals for Dale and was sold to Burnley before Christmas!

Let's not write off someone who (a) we've only been linked with by a random Tweet, (b) who we haven't actually signed yet and (c) who none of us have even seen play!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Montel Gibson on 19:39 - Jan 17 with 7604 viewsEllDale

I suppose signing players from non-league is always a bit of a gamble.
For every Beesley, McEvilly, Newby and Odoh there’s a Shaw, Jack Muldoon, Jordan Williams or Jon Boardman.
Montel Gibson on 19:57 - Jan 17 with 7463 viewsBrierls

I’ve lost count of the amount of time ignorant posts like this are put straight, but this one is pretty spectacular. We’re talking about signings to replace Beesley, who himself was plucked from a lower level when he hadn’t set the world alight at several clubs.

It’s up to the manager to spot if a player has got what it takes. A lot of players drop down the football pyramid before things click into place.
Montel Gibson on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 7295 viewsTVOS1907

Montel Gibson on 19:39 - Jan 17 by EllDale

I suppose signing players from non-league is always a bit of a gamble.
For every Beesley, McEvilly, Newby and Odoh there’s a Shaw, Jack Muldoon, Jordan Williams or Jon Boardman.

Absolutely, but so is signing players from the same or higher divisions, which is why I quoted Les Lawrence.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Montel Gibson on 20:14 - Jan 17 with 7285 viewsJames1980

Montel Gibson on 20:11 - Jan 17 by TVOS1907

Absolutely, but so is signing players from the same or higher divisions, which is why I quoted Les Lawrence.

Not forgetting their have been some very expensive flops signed by Premier league clubs

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Montel Gibson on 20:24 - Jan 17 with 7160 views49thseason

Montel Gibson on 19:57 - Jan 17 by Brierls

I’ve lost count of the amount of time ignorant posts like this are put straight, but this one is pretty spectacular. We’re talking about signings to replace Beesley, who himself was plucked from a lower level when he hadn’t set the world alight at several clubs.

It’s up to the manager to spot if a player has got what it takes. A lot of players drop down the football pyramid before things click into place.

Whats " ignorant " about it? Is there really any need to be rude because someone disagrees with your analysis?
We were told the money raised from selling players would be invested in the squad, is it not reasonable to imagine that might mean either paying better wages or spending on transfer fees? And wouldnt you prefer we were doing more than just looking at the goals scored column?

Someone posted a very tenuous link to a player no one had heard of or knew very much about and because I made an off-the-cuff comment about getting a scout at Firgrove you decide that somehow thats " ignorant"? I can only presume you had a bad day at work.
Montel Gibson on 20:31 - Jan 17 with 7104 viewsD_Alien

Montel Gibson on 20:24 - Jan 17 by 49thseason

Whats " ignorant " about it? Is there really any need to be rude because someone disagrees with your analysis?
We were told the money raised from selling players would be invested in the squad, is it not reasonable to imagine that might mean either paying better wages or spending on transfer fees? And wouldnt you prefer we were doing more than just looking at the goals scored column?

Someone posted a very tenuous link to a player no one had heard of or knew very much about and because I made an off-the-cuff comment about getting a scout at Firgrove you decide that somehow thats " ignorant"? I can only presume you had a bad day at work.

Your remarks were pretty rude towards our player recruitment policy, and without foundation since that same policy has kept our heads above water and competing in the third tier for most of the past decade

The rebuke was fully justified

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Montel Gibson on 20:37 - Jan 17 with 7020 viewselectricblue

Montel Gibson on 19:31 - Jan 17 by IOMDale

Speaking of strikers, looks like we’ve beaten off competition to secure Luke Charman’s signature from Darlington.

He’ll be ripe for a loan to Stalybridge come November.

It was mentioned that Charman is serving a suspension anybody what for......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Montel Gibson on 20:41 - Jan 17 with 6954 views442Dale

Montel Gibson on 20:24 - Jan 17 by 49thseason

I’d rather we didn’t spend too much on fees or big wages if it meant continuing to look at options where a player can be developed like all those mentioned. It’s really more about being more aware of where we stand in the footballing world, and from that position continuing with a tried and tested philosophy which has proven to work time and again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024