Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradford City (h) match thread 10:11 - Jan 22 with 11547 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thought I would start a thread early......big game today.

Come out fighting Dale....no farting around this week. Please!

Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:20 - Jan 22 with 6903 viewskel

Had a quick look at their forum earlier to see their thoughts. As usual they are more interested in the size of the crowd than the game itself. Strange bunch.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 6851 viewsTVOS1907

We scored inside five minutes in our last home game.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:32 - Jan 22 with 6848 views442Dale

Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:20 - Jan 22 by kel

Had a quick look at their forum earlier to see their thoughts. As usual they are more interested in the size of the crowd than the game itself. Strange bunch.

Have they finally accepted they didn’t fill the stand in 2009? #Firthy

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 6809 viewskel

Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:32 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

Have they finally accepted they didn’t fill the stand in 2009? #Firthy

Nope. Saw mention of it recently but can’t remember where.

Firthy is still obsessing over away followings on the league two board though. He might grow up one day.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 11:29 - Jan 22 with 6663 views1907

Bradford City (h) match thread on 10:40 - Jan 22 by kel

Nope. Saw mention of it recently but can’t remember where.

Firthy is still obsessing over away followings on the league two board though. He might grow up one day.

Think there was reference to it in their match thread, which as you said, is solely about number of fans. It’s sort of like a group of school boys bragging about who’s got the biggest…
Bradford City (h) match thread on 12:03 - Jan 22 with 6565 viewskel

Bradford City (h) match thread on 11:29 - Jan 22 by 1907

Think there was reference to it in their match thread, which as you said, is solely about number of fans. It’s sort of like a group of school boys bragging about who’s got the biggest…

Shows you how good my short term memory is

It’s like the BIFFOS and their “take over your town” nonsense. Weird.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 12:39 - Jan 22 with 6453 viewsdale1968

Team selection will be interesting today without only one of the 2 new lads available.
Dont know why cashman has not been given a crack but would like to try him today?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Bradford City (h) match thread on 13:03 - Jan 22 with 6361 viewsJames1980

Bradford City (h) match thread on 12:39 - Jan 22 by dale1968

Team selection will be interesting today without only one of the 2 new lads available.
Dont know why cashman has not been given a crack but would like to try him today?

I reckon it will be usual back 3
Clark Lwb if available
Odoh Rwb
Done and Andrewss (sic) up front
Cashman Broadbent and Dooley

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Bradford City (h) match thread on 13:42 - Jan 22 with 6230 viewsD_Alien

Bradford City (h) match thread on 12:39 - Jan 22 by dale1968

If Clark is available, will be interesting to see if he starts ahead of White, who is presumably fit enough. Both are lacking in full match fitness and with Clark only just getting to know who's who, i suspect Robbie will start with White whilst giving Clark more insight into our formation from the bench

Or will he be put straight in, with White available to step into Clark's shoes if he tires?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bradford City (h) match thread on 13:57 - Jan 22 with 6179 viewsHopwoodblue

Bradford City (h) match thread on 13:42 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

If Clark is available, will be interesting to see if he starts ahead of White, who is presumably fit enough. Both are lacking in full match fitness and with Clark only just getting to know who's who, i suspect Robbie will start with White whilst giving Clark more insight into our formation from the bench

Or will he be put straight in, with White available to step into Clark's shoes if he tires?

Might play them both with White starting at LWB
Maybe who knows ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Bradford City (h) match thread on 14:02 - Jan 22 with 6154 viewsHullDale

Bradford City (h) match thread on 14:06 - Jan 22 with 6127 viewsfunkkk

Hopefully Andrews can have a bigger impact today. I would have liked to have seen Cashman given a chance.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 14:08 - Jan 22 with 6119 viewsHullDale

Bradford City (h) match thread on 14:10 - Jan 22 with 6106 viewsHullDale

Fair amount of Bradford fans suggesting their RB Threlkeld is a real weak spot... wonder if Odoh coming back in is to take advantage of that.

Not sure how I feel about today... could go either way, but I think we'll see goals.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 16:19 - Jan 22 with 5540 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Another injury (KellY)........hope these are not too bad.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 16:24 - Jan 22 with 5498 views_Windydale

Bradford City (h) match thread on 16:19 - Jan 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Another injury (KellY)........hope these are not too bad.

Stand out performance by Clark so far. Enthusiastic debut and some great decision making. Think we got ourselves a decent player
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 5290 viewsYorkshire_Dale

FT 0-0

Jack Muldoon hattrick sinks latics.......roll on next Saturday.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:03 - Jan 22 with 5246 views_Windydale

Solid performance all round In defence. Very strong.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:16 - Jan 22 with 5116 viewsfunkkk

On the positive side, we look so much more assured at the back with Clark and Downing and the three forced subs didn’t seem to unsettle us as much as they might have done. It was a decent second half and could have gone either way.

Sadly Andrews & Done don’t look capable of stepping up so let’s hope Charman can hit the ground running. I’m really hoping Kelly’s injury is nothing serious as his quality can make a difference in games like this. I’m afraid the jury is out on Broadbent right now.

Up the Dale and on to Oldham.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:20 - Jan 22 with 5068 views442Dale

After losing players in recent weeks then all the injuries during the game, there must be some real credit given to Stockdale and his squad today. A committed display with some good performances from the likes of Clark and Done after they came on. The latter is much maligned and we all know he’s not the player he was, but I’d rather have him starting up front than Andrews who really struggles to occupy defenders enough.

Others who did well: We look solid with Downing at the back, nothing spectacular but a proper defender, whilst Grant is going to be a key player for us going forward, his ability and vision is ahead of most at this level.

Btw, Bradford looked pretty poor

Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:28 - Jan 22 with 4951 viewsisitme

As others have said defensively we looked solid with all three centre backs playing well. Dorsett is developing into a really good player. Dooley came more into the game in the second half and Clark did well.

We didn't really create too much and looked a bit toothless. Done worked hard but we need another midfielder and another striker, especially if Andrews is out for any length of time.

They were poor and were there for the taking.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 17:29]
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:35 - Jan 22 with 4890 viewsjonahwhereru

That could have been much worse. Really a shame that we have picked up the injuries, especially ahead of the Oldham game. The injuries only heighten the need for some good business to be done in the remainder of the window. Hope we can get another midfielder and a striker in. Could do with getting Wade out on loan.
Handy that the bottom 3 all got beat.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:40 - Jan 22 with 4828 viewsHullDale

Bradford City (h) match thread on 14:10 - Jan 22 by HullDale

Fair amount of Bradford fans suggesting their RB Threlkeld is a real weak spot... wonder if Odoh coming back in is to take advantage of that.

Not sure how I feel about today... could go either way, but I think we'll see goals.

& that is why I don't do the prediction league.

Agree about Andrews, not sure he will step up to be a regular lg2 starter... there was a definite crack as he went down, so hoping it was just stud on stud rather than something snapping in his foot.

Downing, O'Connell and Dorsett will only continue to get stronger. Downing was noticeably coaching the younger players throughout, and showed some real class when their #9 had a paddy. He was that calm it wound their guy up even more. Also mention to Clark, he looked like a good addition and has a brilliant cross on him.

Luke Charman will have watched that today and be rubbing his hands ahead of being allowed to play. A natural goalscorer will have a field day in this team.

I'm guessing the O'Keeffe deal isn't happening, so we probably still need a RWB, CDM and partner for Charman, and we could start blowing some teams away.
Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:42 - Jan 22 with 4797 viewsShun

Quite enjoyed that! A nice feisty game that, if we had a striker playing, we probably would’ve won easily. The defence looks solid now and Clarke and Downing really impressed on their home debuts. I thought Newby was excellent when he came on and our play really sped up.

Edit: I thought Broadbent was really poor, in both his positions.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 17:44]
Bradford City (h) match thread on 18:16 - Jan 22 with 4483 views442Dale

Bradford City (h) match thread on 17:42 - Jan 22 by Shun

Quite enjoyed that! A nice feisty game that, if we had a striker playing, we probably would’ve won easily. The defence looks solid now and Clarke and Downing really impressed on their home debuts. I thought Newby was excellent when he came on and our play really sped up.

Edit: I thought Broadbent was really poor, in both his positions.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 17:44]

Yeah, he set the tone from kick-off and really struggled. Looks to be a confidence issue, should look to keep it simple and concentrate on getting a few tackles in. With the injuries, he might need to start next week in midfield and it’ll be a real test.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024