Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tahvon Cambell Signs 16:01 - Jan 27 with 7576 viewsdale1968

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:14 - Jan 27 with 5766 viewsShun

Brilliant! I've long been an admirer of Peterborough's noughties strategy of selecting the best non-league talent and selling it on for profit, and it seems like we're following suit in our own way. That's two of non-league's most exciting talents signed in a week, great stuff.
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:27 - Jan 27 with 5644 viewsDaleiLama

We must have had more money than Mr. Curran thought? And backbone? And ambition? I didn't think Dale'd be able to make a fist of it, without all the hard work and communication skills of the out-going CEO, but it looks like people who let their actions talk for them have more to say anyway? Who'd have thought?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:32 - Jan 27 with 5583 viewsseasidedale

I just hope we havnt paid the £150k that was rumoured yesterday on Twitter, he was out of contract at the end of the season and could get him for free, still hopefully a good signing
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 5392 views49thseason

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:14 - Jan 27 by Shun

Brilliant! I've long been an admirer of Peterborough's noughties strategy of selecting the best non-league talent and selling it on for profit, and it seems like we're following suit in our own way. That's two of non-league's most exciting talents signed in a week, great stuff.

Correct, the money to be made from forwards, when you sell them on is much greater than defenders or midfielders. Probably a premium of 2x or 3x or more, especially if you get the initial contractual arrangements right.
Ultimately it also provides the financial means to offer longer contracts, bigger wages and altogether more attractive deals to increasingly better players all over the squad.
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:49 - Jan 27 with 5391 views1907

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:32 - Jan 27 by seasidedale

I just hope we havnt paid the £150k that was rumoured yesterday on Twitter, he was out of contract at the end of the season and could get him for free, still hopefully a good signing

I think the issue there is that we wouldn’t have got him. The clamour of clubs that would have been able to offer him triple what we have in the summer would have quashed any chances we had. We’ve had to play hardball here and stump up cash to get the man. I respect that.

It’s also noticeable to see the impact Shan is having for us. There’s been a couple of players now we’ve secured as a result of his pulling power.

Really hope this works out for all parties and the lad is moving on up the leagues in 18 months! (Preferably with us)
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:52 - Jan 27 with 5343 viewsjonahwhereru

Positive vibes again. Well done all involved. Tahvon must be thrilled to get 2.5 years as so far his journeys around club should enable him to write a travel book. Although his pieces of league exposure should enable him to settle quickly. The striker shop is now closed. So what final pieces. Is a right wingback essential? is there still mileage in an experienced midfielder? I would prefer the latter over the former, if we can’t get both.
Welcome Tahvon
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 16:54 - Jan 27 with 5316 viewsDaleiLama

We've secured his services for 2 and a half years. Whatever (undisclosed) fee was paid must have been deemed good value by the manager and board right now . No disrespect at all to you, but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. In summer '24 (unless he's re-sold again before), we'll have a better idea of the fee and whether it was vfm. Que sera, sera.

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 17:13 - Jan 27 with 5150 viewsDaleiLama

Login to get fewer ads

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 17:13 - Jan 27 with 5157 viewscumbria_dale

I'm liking the ages of our recent recruits:

Downing 30
Clark 26
Charman 24
Campbell 25

No longer can we say we've a young inexperienced side - experienced signings (admittedly at a variety of levels) that hopefully bring nous and authority to the squad - these arent rough, raw youngsters.
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 17:21 - Jan 27 with 5078 viewsDaleiLama

First interview as Dale player - like how he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove!

[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 17:21]

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 17:29 - Jan 27 with 4995 viewsoff2div1

Will he be available to play saturday
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 18:02 - Jan 27 with 4723 views1907

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 17:29 - Jan 27 by off2div1

Will he be available to play saturday

Sincerely hope so. Would be an unbelievable start for him to get off the mark against the Biffo’s!
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 18:02 - Jan 27 with 4722 views442Dale

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 17:13 - Jan 27 by DaleiLama

What really stands out amongst those goals is the amount of times he looks to keep the ball low when shooting. Sign of a good finisher.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 18:54 - Jan 27 with 4355 viewsdale1968

Really pleased about both the strikers we have signed up.
Hopefully bodes well for the remainder of the season.
Well done to RS & The Board..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 18:57 - Jan 27 with 4334 viewsmeeee

The difference between the quality of the national league and league 2 really isn't that big anymore. In fact I think the top end of the national league is probaly better then some of the teams at the bottom of our league. So if he's scoring goals in the national league I'm almost certain he'll be scoring in League 2
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 19:08 - Jan 27 with 4219 viewsBrierls

If we’d paid £150K he’d have been announced as equalling or breaking our transfer record. We’ve still paid a decent six figure fee, but if he’s the right player I’d rather we sign him now. There would have been a lot of clubs interested in the summer, the vast majority offering much higher wages than Dale.

I’m loving our transfer policy this window. Downing brings a wealth of experience, but the other lads coming in are all a good age and not kids who are still to develop. Charman is 24 and looking to step up having dropped into non league from Newcastle’s academy. Clark is 26 and brings experience at a higher level and wants game time (a couple more games and we might offer him an extension already!). Campbell is 25 and is looking to make his mark as a striker having converted from a winger to great effect in the National League.

Let’s see how they all settle but I’ve been very impressed with the signings so far.
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 4196 viewsrochedale

Two strikers signed! Be interesting to see if they play together, both seem similar and neither a target man as such. Obviously only seen the brief clips.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 19:12 - Jan 27 with 4166 viewsboromat

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 18:57 - Jan 27 by meeee

The difference between the quality of the national league and league 2 really isn't that big anymore. In fact I think the top end of the national league is probaly better then some of the teams at the bottom of our league. So if he's scoring goals in the national league I'm almost certain he'll be scoring in League 2

Woking have obviously found a way of playing that suits him let's hope he performs in our system.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:17 - Jan 27 with 3825 viewsblackdogblue

Woking P24 W10 D1 L13 Not exactly in the play off places.. perhaps they cannot defend same as us 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:23 - Jan 27 with 3770 viewsBrierls

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:17 - Jan 27 by blackdogblue

Woking P24 W10 D1 L13 Not exactly in the play off places.. perhaps they cannot defend same as us 🤷‍♂️

…and your point is?

Oh hang on, you’re being positive?! Pointing out that he was the 3rd top scorer in the National League, playing for a team that wasn’t at the top end of the table.

Tshimanga - Chesterfield - 2nd
Cheek - Bromley - 4th
Campbell - Woking - 12th

Nice one.
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:25 - Jan 27 with 3762 viewsTomRAFC

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 19:09 - Jan 27 by rochedale

Two strikers signed! Be interesting to see if they play together, both seem similar and neither a target man as such. Obviously only seen the brief clips.

I'd expect to see them up top with Newby or Odoh, with Grant going back to central midfield.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:33 - Jan 27 with 3721 viewsEllDale

The only disgruntled person here is probably Danny Cashman.
Pushed way down the pecking order.
Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:42 - Jan 27 with 3655 viewssweetcorn

Like with charman, looks the right kind of signing.

Hoping him and charman can get a good partnership going.

Obviously it's dependant on them both being able to step up, but signing both of those for beesley with some left to spare seems like great business to me.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:56 - Jan 27 with 3575 viewsmikehunt

I do feel sorry for Cashman. Don’t know what he has done wrong even not to be ahead of Done. Never regained his place after getting crocked. Wonder if that has anything to with it.
Brilliant business to tempt these guys away from home to our place.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:57 - Jan 27 with 3568 viewsblackdogblue

Tahvon Cambell Signs on 20:23 - Jan 27 by Brierls

…and your point is?

Oh hang on, you’re being positive?! Pointing out that he was the 3rd top scorer in the National League, playing for a team that wasn’t at the top end of the table.

Tshimanga - Chesterfield - 2nd
Cheek - Bromley - 4th
Campbell - Woking - 12th

Nice one.

My point was his ex team is up & down on results, it was a jovial comment, get off your perch 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024