Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? 14:23 - Feb 28 with 11609 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:40 - Mar 1 with 631 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 13:45 - Mar 1 by STID2017

His overall record is only 1.45 with us.
That includes the three glorious promotions we had.
So anyone comparing stats without the name would see a manager who had won three promotions, no major cups and even after achieving 6th place, had an average PPG record for us.
Not the best ( which I expected to be the outcome )
So the stats that you use to show Laudrup as a poor league manager show Tosh as not much better than average league manager( and that is without looking at other managers we have not taken into account )
Also looking at the players and funds Tosh had his disposal between 1978 and 1982, would critics have expected better value for money ?
Just goes to show how twisted your view is.
Most posters ( who have voted) have a good opinion of Laudrup.
No one would ever view Tosh as less than the greatest manager for us

I've told Dr P before, he knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

He thinks that PPG is the be all and end all, disregarding winning a cup, beating a top La Liga team in Europe, been treated as equals by the biggest clubs in the league, that league position can be more salient than PPG because of very strong teams or very weak teams in the league.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:42 - Mar 1 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:40 - Mar 1 by trampie

I've told Dr P before, he knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

He thinks that PPG is the be all and end all, disregarding winning a cup, beating a top La Liga team in Europe, been treated as equals by the biggest clubs in the league, that league position can be more salient than PPG because of very strong teams or very weak teams in the league.

You’ve said it, but sadly you were wrong then too.

I’m not disregarding anything, I literally said he is a good cup manager. Considering the poor league performance I have him as an average manager.

It’s not changing I’m afraid.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:44 - Mar 1 with 617 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:26 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope, 4 rounds against lower league opposition (didn’t specify which), and the final being against a league 2 team.

It does not say 4 plus one, no.

If I said I completed 4 obstacles and had my hands tied behind my back, that would not mean 5 obstacles. The “and” would be part of the 4.

You read it wrong. It’s ok.

Laudrup still has among the worst league records in modern history though, changing the subject won’t help I assure you
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 14:28]

Anyone reading it knows you made a mistake.
It's okay to admit your wrong you know ?

Unless your arrogance stops you admitting that as well as admitting you were wrong about it being a fact that Laudrup was a bad manager.
What is it they say, pride comes before a fall.
As you are finding out at the moment
Pity mun

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:48 - Mar 1 with 595 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:44 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Anyone reading it knows you made a mistake.
It's okay to admit your wrong you know ?

Unless your arrogance stops you admitting that as well as admitting you were wrong about it being a fact that Laudrup was a bad manager.
What is it they say, pride comes before a fall.
As you are finding out at the moment
Pity mun

Zero mistake, if anyone thinks there is an error there then they are reading it wrong. That sometimes happens with written text, you will have to just take my word for it. If not then that’s your issue, doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

I didn’t say Laudrup was a bad manager, don’t start lying again because you are getting frustrated. He’s an average manager, poor league manager though which is why he has one of the worst league records in modern history.

You can pretend to pity all you like, call me all the names under the sun, create a zillion threads, lie more about me, get my location wrong, pretend my posts are edited…. It still won’t change that Laudrup having one of the worst league records is not “great”.

Fact not opinion.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:51 - Mar 1 with 583 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:36 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not changing the subject, you are trying to (and failing). I can’t help it if you misread my posts.

I didn’t belittle anyone, I stated a fact. 6 rounds, 4 rounds of lower league (not specifying which one) AND the benefit of a league 2 club on the final. If you don’t understand that then that’s your issue I guess

A poll means nothing. I just showed you 81% thought Dracula was the wrong answer, it wasn’t, because facts aren’t decided by committee.

For the third day straight, you are losing the plot…. And Laudrup STILL has among the worst league records of any Swansea manager in modern history.

Don't be silly now.
You know you never intended to say 4 teams including Bradford.
Just admit it then you will feel a lot better.
Same as you will feel better when you admit you have made a mistake saying it was a fact that Laudrup was a poor league manager.
If you said "In my opinion Laudrup was a poor league manager" then that would be acceptable.
Anything else is conjecture and not fact
Have a lie down butt

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:53 - Mar 1 with 573 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:51 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Don't be silly now.
Same as you will feel better when you admit you have made a mistake saying it was a fact that Laudrup was a poor league manager.
If you said "In my opinion Laudrup was a poor league manager" then that would be acceptable.
Have a lie down butt

Of course I did, I’ve literally typed out the route to the final prior to then

You read it wrong, it happens.

There is no mistake to say Laudrup is a poor league manager, that is proven by the fact he has one of the poorest league records in Swansea modern history.

Fact, not opinion.

Your nonsense crying is making no difference to that, you are wasting your time.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:56 - Mar 1 with 571 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:40 - Mar 1 by trampie

It must be frustrating for Dr P to have all the facts at his fingertips and still have come up backing the wrong horse.
Now he has to back it all the way even though he knows the race is lost

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:58 - Mar 1 with 554 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:56 - Mar 1 by STID2017

It must be frustrating for Dr P to have all the facts at his fingertips and still have come up backing the wrong horse.
Now he has to back it all the way even though he knows the race is lost

Which wrong horse am I backing?

Like I said squire, if you are to prove I’m wrong that he’s a poor league manager and prove yourself right that he is a great one… you have to prove that having one of the worst league records in modern history is “great”.

As it stands, the facts say that is poor. I’ll stand by the facts until you can prove it otherwise.

So far you have failed in 6 pages (wow 7 pages now ) to even come close to it.

But I still have hope..

But as it stands, he’s a poor league manager. Which is why he has never managed anyone else of note.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 15:00]

Login to get fewer ads

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:59 - Mar 1 with 555 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:48 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Zero mistake, if anyone thinks there is an error there then they are reading it wrong. That sometimes happens with written text, you will have to just take my word for it. If not then that’s your issue, doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

I didn’t say Laudrup was a bad manager, don’t start lying again because you are getting frustrated. He’s an average manager, poor league manager though which is why he has one of the worst league records in modern history.

You can pretend to pity all you like, call me all the names under the sun, create a zillion threads, lie more about me, get my location wrong, pretend my posts are edited…. It still won’t change that Laudrup having one of the worst league records is not “great”.

Fact not opinion.

Of course my mistake you said poor league manager.
Same as you meant 4 lower league teams plus Bradford
Easy to make a mistake see
?
Clearly not so easy for you to admit it

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:01 - Mar 1 with 544 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:59 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Of course my mistake you said poor league manager.
Same as you meant 4 lower league teams plus Bradford
Easy to make a mistake see
?
Clearly not so easy for you to admit it

Glad you recognised your error.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:03 - Mar 1 with 544 viewstrampie

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:51 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Don't be silly now.
Have a lie down butt

Dr P doesn't seem to appreciate the tough draw the Swans had to overcome to win the cup, 2 of the biggest Premier League teams going and 2 Championship teams on route to winning the cup final.

Crikey I remember Arsenal winning a fairly recent FA cup with all home draws, in fact they had all home draws 2 years earlier, I think Portsmouth only beat one Premier League team in winning the FA cup, there again they beat Cardiff and they only beat one Premier League team on route to that final, it happens all the time, the Swans did really well to win the League cup with the draw they had.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 15:04]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:04 - Mar 1 with 536 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:03 - Mar 1 by trampie

Dr P doesn't seem to appreciate the tough draw the Swans had to overcome to win the cup, 2 of the biggest Premier League teams going and 2 Championship teams on route to winning the cup final.

Crikey I remember Arsenal winning a fairly recent FA cup with all home draws, in fact they had all home draws 2 years earlier, I think Portsmouth only beat one Premier League team in winning the FA cup, there again they beat Cardiff and they only beat one Premier League team on route to that final, it happens all the time, the Swans did really well to win the League cup with the draw they had.

That’s why I said he’s a good cup manager. Although 4 rounds against lower league opposition.

Poor league manager though having one of the worst league records in modern history.

Average overall manager.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:06 - Mar 1 with 525 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 14:58 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Which wrong horse am I backing?

Like I said squire, if you are to prove I’m wrong that he’s a poor league manager and prove yourself right that he is a great one… you have to prove that having one of the worst league records in modern history is “great”.

As it stands, the facts say that is poor. I’ll stand by the facts until you can prove it otherwise.

So far you have failed in 6 pages (wow 7 pages now ) to even come close to it.

But I still have hope..

But as it stands, he’s a poor league manager. Which is why he has never managed anyone else of note.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 15:00]

You continually insist it is a fact that Laudrup is a poor league manager

It isn't a fact it is just your opinion
Also you insisted that many shared your view.
19% is not many out of 100% is it ?
Think the "Laudrup is a poor league manager" horse has fallen and is nowhere in sight

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:06 - Mar 1 with 525 viewsWhiterockin

Must be a while since we have had a poster stay awake for 24 hours just to prove a point that is incorrect.
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:07 - Mar 1 with 511 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:06 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

Must be a while since we have had a poster stay awake for 24 hours just to prove a point that is incorrect.

Oh I can go months when I’m clearly correct. No issues at all.

You said he was an average manager too.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:07 - Mar 1 with 512 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:01 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Glad you recognised your error.

Unlike you but that is the difference.
I am not too proud or arrogant to admit my mistake.
Unlike you

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:09 - Mar 1 with 499 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:07 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Unlike you but that is the difference.
I am not too proud or arrogant to admit my mistake.
Unlike you

Not sure, I’ll have to make one first.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:10 - Mar 1 with 491 viewstrampie

Like I said Dr P knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:11 - Mar 1 with 485 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:10 - Mar 1 by trampie

Like I said Dr P knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I’d agree with you Tramps.. but then we’d both be wrong, so I won’t.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:12 - Mar 1 with 484 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:03 - Mar 1 by trampie

Exactly
We did really well to reach the final,plus were really professional in the final

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:12 - Mar 1 with 481 viewsWhiterockin

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:07 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Oh I can go months when I’m clearly correct. No issues at all.

You said he was an average manager too.

So you admit you are trying to have the last word to prove a point that is incorrect.
How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:13 - Mar 1 with 473 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:12 - Mar 1 by STID2017

Exactly
We did really well to reach the final,plus were really professional in the final

That’s why he is a decent cup manager.

Poor league manager though, which is why he has one of the worst league records in modern history.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:14 - Mar 1 with 463 viewsDr_Parnassus

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:12 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

So you admit you are trying to have the last word to prove a point that is incorrect.

Last word? Where did that come from?

I admit happily engaging in a discussion to show I’m absolutely spot on.

You also agree he is an average manager. Glad to have you on board sir.

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:15 - Mar 1 with 452 viewsSTID2017

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:09 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure, I’ll have to make one first.

You have made more than one
Pity your arrogance won't allow you to admit it and move on

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:15 - Mar 1 with 448 viewsWhiterockin

How Do You Rate Michael Laudrup As A Manager For Swansea City ? on 15:14 - Mar 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Last word? Where did that come from?

I admit happily engaging in a discussion to show I’m absolutely spot on.

You also agree he is an average manager. Glad to have you on board sir.

I am just spending 10 minutes watching you make a fool of yourself again before I move on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024