Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow 14:30 - Mar 4 with 4189 viewsTimSaint

There will be a free Yellow and Blue Scarf for every fan going to Villa tomorrow. They will be left on our seats, as a mark of Solidarity with Ukraine.

Not sure if this will be a 'Saints Away Scarf' or just a Yellow and Blue one, but a nice gesture all the same in these troubled times.

Anyone still got their free 'We March On' or 'EFL Cup Final' scarves, or perhaps their hats from Huddersfield away ?

TimSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:59 - Mar 4 with 3668 viewsNewdawn2014

lovely gesture by the club , would rather have a whip round for a decent assassin .
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 17:12 - Mar 4 with 3573 viewsPoirot

Disgraceful and taacky, people being murdered in a war and the club want fans to wave flags, what an insult.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 17:49 - Mar 4 with 3522 viewsNewdawn2014

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 17:12 - Mar 4 by Poirot

Disgraceful and taacky, people being murdered in a war and the club want fans to wave flags, what an insult.

only one a in tacky also one in Arschloch.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 17:54 - Mar 4 with 3512 viewsfranniesTache

Honestly don't see what this achieves, if the club want to do something take the money they spent on flags and donate to care parcels for Ukraine or some other way.

A bunch of Saints fans waving a yellow and blue scarf at a football game is meaningless look at me behaviour and only helps the club and fans feel better about themselves.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 18:42 - Mar 4 with 3475 viewsBarnetSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 17:54 - Mar 4 by franniesTache

Honestly don't see what this achieves, if the club want to do something take the money they spent on flags and donate to care parcels for Ukraine or some other way.

A bunch of Saints fans waving a yellow and blue scarf at a football game is meaningless look at me behaviour and only helps the club and fans feel better about themselves.

From a purely football point of view, every time we do such gestures.....
We lose.
Eg all the players wearing J Rod t shirts after his injury.
We then lose to relegated cardiff.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 18:51 - Mar 4 with 3460 viewscocklebreath

It’s not look at me behaviour it’s showing Ukrainians we give a sh!t and hopefully in Russia the public will see it and think ooh we are dirty fookers. I know you need to be a forum tough guy but I believe it will help

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 19:07 - Mar 4 with 3431 viewsPoirot

Looks like the PL will be putting a nice target on football heads for terrorism.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 19:07 - Mar 4 with 3431 viewsButty101

Couldn’t agree more. The Ukraine’s don’t want empty gestures they want soldiers from nato.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 19:42 - Mar 4 with 3402 viewsBison

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 19:07 - Mar 4 by Butty101

Couldn’t agree more. The Ukraine’s don’t want empty gestures they want soldiers from nato.

Looks like the gesture could be quite costly for the PL from a China perspective. Just goes to show that what we consider little or pointless has a been impact elsewhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/china-to-cancel-premier-league-coverage

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 20:03 - Mar 4 with 3373 viewsJaySaint

Absolutely agree. This is all about showing how much we care. Which achieves nothing at all

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 10:58 - Mar 5 with 3137 viewsfranniesTache

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 18:51 - Mar 4 by cocklebreath

It’s not look at me behaviour it’s showing Ukrainians we give a sh!t and hopefully in Russia the public will see it and think ooh we are dirty fookers. I know you need to be a forum tough guy but I believe it will help

I don't need to be a "forum tough guy" i'm just utterly realistic that firstly Russia has banned all coverage of anything that is pro Ukraine and closed down nearly all external media, including social media, so there's very little chance it'll be seen there.

Secondly if we're going to do something i'd rather the club saved that money and donate care parcels to the Ukarine instead, something that makes a tangible difference to people there.

And thirdly I think the viewing figures, even if it got shown, for a midtable english football game between two sides with no Russian or Ukrainian players involved isn't exactly going to be so high it makes the people of Russia think "f*ck it's us who are the bad guys!"

So the only reason i can see that's left is that we're doing it so we feel good about ourselves.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 11:51 - Mar 5 with 3093 viewsJaySaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 18:51 - Mar 4 by cocklebreath

Ukraine care little if you or I give a shit. They do not want us to waves flags, so we feel better about ourselves,

What they clearly want, is to drag the West into a war with Russia. Are you ready for that?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 12:13 - Mar 5 with 3063 viewsJellybaby

Next week, can we have Red scarves in support of all the Russian citizens who oppose Putin and war and feel vilified by the actions of leaders they do not support?

Football used to be about a couple of hours of escapism on a Saturday afternoon and now its a litany of pointless virtue signalling that achieves nothing.

If we care about issues individually I am sure we are capable of making donations and/or doing something that could make a difference without the help of football. Can we go back to being just a game please?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:08 - Mar 5 with 3014 viewsPoirot

Correct Jelly, Ive just seen everyone at Fulham clapping hands !!! What why ? People being blown up on both sides and 'they' want football fans to clap. Nothing more should be happening than pointing everyone towards the DEC charity donation page.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:57 - Mar 5 with 2965 viewsBison

I suppose the people who oppose Sport being used to punish Russia also thought that South Africa should of been allowed to play World Sport during Apartheid ?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:29 - Mar 5 with 2932 viewsfranniesTache

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:57 - Mar 5 by Bison

I suppose the people who oppose Sport being used to punish Russia also thought that South Africa should of been allowed to play World Sport during Apartheid ?

I don't think anyone opposes sport being used to punish Russia, i'd imagine most people think FIFA/UEFA bottled their original stance and fully support boycotts of Russia (like the one you mention of apartheid that did work).

But that's not the same as people waving blue and yellow scarfs at a game. Just give the money to people who are doing work for folk on the ground
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:42 - Mar 5 with 2921 viewsPoirot

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:57 - Mar 5 by Bison

What happened at football stadiums when then what going on ? Nothing

Clapping for ukrainians and russians being blown up is a total insult.

Modern football....get on your knee to be submissive for racism and then clap your hands for a war. Farce
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:48 - Mar 5 with 2892 viewsBison

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:42 - Mar 5 by Poirot

What happened at football stadiums when then what going on ? Nothing

Clapping for ukrainians and russians being blown up is a total insult.

Modern football....get on your knee to be submissive for racism and then clap your hands for a war. Farce

You sound like you agree with Putin's actions ? Do you think he has any justification to invade Ukraine ?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 15:01 - Mar 5 with 2877 viewsPoirot

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 14:48 - Mar 5 by Bison

You sound like you agree with Putin's actions ? Do you think he has any justification to invade Ukraine ?

LOL yeah right.... i think this situation has nothing to do with football and virtue signalling tokenism.
Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 15:02 - Mar 5 with 2874 viewsBison

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 15:01 - Mar 5 by Poirot

LOL yeah right.... i think this situation has nothing to do with football and virtue signalling tokenism.

That was not the question I asked , but I think I know where you stand.

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 20:23 - Mar 5 with 2754 viewsBison

Poirot - I am calling you out as a PUTIN supporter. You ever post on this site I will post back as you are a W@nker. I will not accept your Bollocks.

Try me dog breathe , you are a wrong'un.

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 07:06 - Mar 6 with 2637 viewsHeisenberg

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 15:01 - Mar 5 by Poirot

Meanwhile Chelsea w@nkers sing songs praising Putins pal Abramovic whilst Johnson and his cronies let him off scott free. The UK Govts failure to go after the Russian oligarchs is an utter disgrace. The Tories haven’t even handed back the huge donations they got from Putins criminal frontmen who still own huge properties in London and elsewhere. All protected by UK high profile lawyers.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:21 - Mar 7 with 2301 viewsSaintNick

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 07:06 - Mar 6 by Heisenberg

Meanwhile Chelsea w@nkers sing songs praising Putins pal Abramovic whilst Johnson and his cronies let him off scott free. The UK Govts failure to go after the Russian oligarchs is an utter disgrace. The Tories haven’t even handed back the huge donations they got from Putins criminal frontmen who still own huge properties in London and elsewhere. All protected by UK high profile lawyers.

3,000 yellow & blue scarves probably only cost the club a couple of grand plus some labour costs to put them on the seats, it would not have added too much to the aid effort in terms of food etc.

This is a war of attrition against the Russians, to wear them down and show that the World is against them, that means that gestures like this make the news and keep the profile high in the media.

Of course all the money spent would be best helping the refugees, but sometimes some has to be spent on spreading the message

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:30 - Mar 7 with 2290 viewsTimSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:21 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

3,000 yellow & blue scarves probably only cost the club a couple of grand plus some labour costs to put them on the seats, it would not have added too much to the aid effort in terms of food etc.

This is a war of attrition against the Russians, to wear them down and show that the World is against them, that means that gestures like this make the news and keep the profile high in the media.

Of course all the money spent would be best helping the refugees, but sometimes some has to be spent on spreading the message

Did you see the quality of the scarves ? 50p each at the most to produce !! :-)

TimSaint

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:34 - Mar 7 with 2281 viewsPaleRider

Free Yellow & Blue Scarf For Fans Tomorrow on 13:21 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

Nick - 100% right! Reinforced by the Chinses not showing Premier League games this last weekend - it is not about 1 grand action but the cumulative effect of all actions - big and small.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024