Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Everton are relegated ... ? 09:46 - Mar 15 with 2700 viewssaint901

Given that they are presently the club with the largest rolling deficit (apparently we are second in that league - not good) and the EFL fair play rules are much tighter and less easily abused than the EPL, they may have to sell players.

Who might we be interested in?

I'm thinking Pickford.

Not sure any of their other players would be of interest?
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 09:50 - Mar 15 with 1611 viewsSaintNick

I wouldnt want Pickford, he is too erratic, I dont think we would be able to afford his wage demands anyway.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:00 - Mar 15 with 1590 viewsBicester_North

Wouldn’t mind Gray.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:10 - Mar 15 with 1568 viewssaint901

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 09:50 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

I wouldnt want Pickford, he is too erratic, I dont think we would be able to afford his wage demands anyway.

If you had to put Forster or Pickford into a starting 11, who would you go for?
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:15 - Mar 15 with 1558 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:10 - Mar 15 by saint901

If you had to put Forster or Pickford into a starting 11, who would you go for?

If you had asked me that 6 months ago I would have said Pickford, if you asked me that now the answer would be a lot more difficult.

The truth is that going forward Fraser Forster is not going to be the answer due to age, we need to get a new keeper in but Pickford would not be my choice, I would rather go for Johnson at West Brom or Dean Henderson from United

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:29 - Mar 15 with 1531 viewssolent_toffee

The players that would come to Saints, you would want to avoid like the plague.

The only genuine sellable players are Pickford, DCL, Richarlison and Gordon, possibly Godfrey and Gray.

The rest are expensive piles of shite on top whack that wouldn’t improve your squad at all. Damaged goods is the best way to describe them.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:43 - Mar 15 with 1494 viewssaintwizzler

Gordon is a good player.
Money hasn’t turned him, yet.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:53 - Mar 15 with 1485 viewsButty101

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:15 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

If you had asked me that 6 months ago I would have said Pickford, if you asked me that now the answer would be a lot more difficult.

The truth is that going forward Fraser Forster is not going to be the answer due to age, we need to get a new keeper in but Pickford would not be my choice, I would rather go for Johnson at West Brom or Dean Henderson from United

Jonstone is having a pretty poor season. Injures, being dropped and letting in a couple howlers. I dont think hes the answer.
If Burnely go down i would take Pope in a heart beat.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:54 - Mar 15 with 1485 viewsButty101

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:29 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

The players that would come to Saints, you would want to avoid like the plague.

The only genuine sellable players are Pickford, DCL, Richarlison and Gordon, possibly Godfrey and Gray.

The rest are expensive piles of shite on top whack that wouldn’t improve your squad at all. Damaged goods is the best way to describe them.

I was reading last week that Everton have broke the premier league financial fair play rules and could be hit with a fine or points loss.

Login to get fewer ads

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:02 - Mar 15 with 1474 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:54 - Mar 15 by Butty101

I was reading last week that Everton have broke the premier league financial fair play rules and could be hit with a fine or points loss.

That was in the daily mail and then picked up by other papers. It’s a load of nonsense.

A lot of clubs have been on ‘special measures’ with the premier league since Covid but it’s all very transparent and cooperative - it’s just another chance to boot the club when it’s down - not that it would make a lot of difference to the atmosphere anyway which is rock bottom.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:04 - Mar 15 with 1470 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:15 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

Pickford to my knowledge has made one error in many games, against Spurs and yet the clamour is to get Ramsdale into his place despite Pickford being excellent for England for a number of years.

I honestly don’t think the pundits who come up with this shite even watch the games they just go along with a lazy narrative. Paul Merson says it so it must be true.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:06 - Mar 15 with 1465 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:43 - Mar 15 by saintwizzler

Gordon is a good player.
Money hasn’t turned him, yet.

If and when Everton go down and they have the massive clear out that’s needed, my hope is they build the team around Gordon as Villa did with Grealish. He’s been head and shoulders Everton’s best player this season.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:20 - Mar 15 with 1449 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:04 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

Pickford to my knowledge has made one error in many games, against Spurs and yet the clamour is to get Ramsdale into his place despite Pickford being excellent for England for a number of years.

I honestly don’t think the pundits who come up with this shite even watch the games they just go along with a lazy narrative. Paul Merson says it so it must be true.

I don't watch the games as you do, but when I see Everton on the TV there always seems a moment when he comes flying out for a cross he is never going to get too, I just feel he isn't a calm keeper who instils confidence in his defence.

As for England 90% of the games that they play are fairly easy ones, the problem is a lack of quality English keepers so he doesn't have much competition.

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:22 - Mar 15 with 1445 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:06 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

If and when Everton go down and they have the massive clear out that’s needed, my hope is they build the team around Gordon as Villa did with Grealish. He’s been head and shoulders Everton’s best player this season.

The problem for Everton if they go down is whether the players they want to clear out will be willing to take massive pay drops, it could get in a situation as it had been at Saints between 2017 & now where there are players on big wages out on loan

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:25 - Mar 15 with 1444 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:20 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

I don't watch the games as you do, but when I see Everton on the TV there always seems a moment when he comes flying out for a cross he is never going to get too, I just feel he isn't a calm keeper who instils confidence in his defence.

As for England 90% of the games that they play are fairly easy ones, the problem is a lack of quality English keepers so he doesn't have much competition.

Maybe that was the case early on last season, but this season he has hardly put a foot wrong.

It does make me laugh when I watch Arsenal play. Ramsdale flaps all the time, his kicking is questionable and yet the commentators competing gloss over it.

I’m sure when Pickford goes to Spurs in the Summer he will be reborn and turn into the new Peter Shilton.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:36 - Mar 15 with 1432 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:22 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

The problem for Everton if they go down is whether the players they want to clear out will be willing to take massive pay drops, it could get in a situation as it had been at Saints between 2017 & now where there are players on big wages out on loan

I completely agree. There are a number of players who will leave as they are out of contract, the likes of Delph, Sigurdsson and Tosun (none of whom play and are on about 300k a week between them). Then a whole load of them have a year left on their contracts and so should be able to negotiate a move away for a nominal fee (if any).

My hope is that they retain half a dozen of the more commited players such as Gordon, Godfrey, Gray, Branthwaite, Patterson and Townsend who will be more than decent at that level and go for a reboot.

I think the reboot is inevitable whatever happens though.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:37 - Mar 15 with 1432 viewsSonicBoom

I'd take anyone over Forster.
Except McCarthy.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:51 - Mar 15 with 1393 viewsHeisenberg

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:25 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

Maybe that was the case early on last season, but this season he has hardly put a foot wrong.

It does make me laugh when I watch Arsenal play. Ramsdale flaps all the time, his kicking is questionable and yet the commentators competing gloss over it.

I’m sure when Pickford goes to Spurs in the Summer he will be reborn and turn into the new Peter Shilton.

Pickford is a fine shot stopper and deals with crosses ok but it’s his hoofing it the length of the pitch when he gets the ball that lets him down. He gives the ball away and he does it for both Everton and England. It’s like his head goes.

As for Everton I don’t think they will go down but I don’t rate Lampard. There are better managers.

If you do go down do you want Walcott back ? I’ll drive him there myself.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:06 - Mar 15 with 1379 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:51 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

Pickford is a fine shot stopper and deals with crosses ok but it’s his hoofing it the length of the pitch when he gets the ball that lets him down. He gives the ball away and he does it for both Everton and England. It’s like his head goes.

As for Everton I don’t think they will go down but I don’t rate Lampard. There are better managers.

If you do go down do you want Walcott back ? I’ll drive him there myself.

I think Lampard is suffering from PTSD given the absolute horror show he’s walked into it. He looked genuinely shocked at how bad some of the players have been in the past week.

Defo, swap deal for Michael Keane, Iwobi, Gomes and Delph.

Just leave Theo at Warwick Services and we can pick him up from there.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:23 - Mar 15 with 1348 viewsButty101

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:06 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

I think Lampard is suffering from PTSD given the absolute horror show he’s walked into it. He looked genuinely shocked at how bad some of the players have been in the past week.

Lampard looks like hes aged over the last couple months.

From an outsiders POV he looks like he is doing a worse job than Raffa.

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:18 - Mar 15 with 1267 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:23 - Mar 15 by Butty101

Lampard looks like hes aged over the last couple months.

From an outsiders POV he looks like he is doing a worse job than Raffa.

I said when he was appointed that he wasnt the right man for the job, he hasn't the experience to tackle the type of task that Everton is.

Nothing against Lampard or Everton I just don't think it is the right match

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:22 - Mar 15 with 1260 views1885_SFC

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:06 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

Tough PL games coming up for you Toffs.

Newcastle at home Thursday followed by West Ham away, Man United at home, Liverpool away & then Chelsea at home.

I honestly don't fancy your chances looking at that lot mate!

Old School is Cool

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 14:15 - Mar 15 with 1216 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:22 - Mar 15 by 1885_SFC

Tough PL games coming up for you Toffs.

Newcastle at home Thursday followed by West Ham away, Man United at home, Liverpool away & then Chelsea at home.

I honestly don't fancy your chances looking at that lot mate!

I’ve resigned myself to the fact they are going to get relegated. Years of absolute negligence has lead to this. On Sunday there was zero response to going behind from the players or the crowd. There’s just no belief in this shower of shite or in themselves.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 14:31 - Mar 15 with 1208 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 14:15 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

I’ve resigned myself to the fact they are going to get relegated. Years of absolute negligence has lead to this. On Sunday there was zero response to going behind from the players or the crowd. There’s just no belief in this shower of shite or in themselves.

I dont think its years of negligence, it was well run under Kenwright, Moshiri hasn't neglected Everton he has just thrown money at it and had no real plan other than to sack a manager every season and let the new man spent £100 million each season

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 14:50 - Mar 15 with 1189 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 14:31 - Mar 15 by SaintNick

I dont think its years of negligence, it was well run under Kenwright, Moshiri hasn't neglected Everton he has just thrown money at it and had no real plan other than to sack a manager every season and let the new man spent £100 million each season

Since Moyes left it’s been negligent and a downward spiral. We’ve had a back and forth on here many re Koeman but he and Walsh and subsequent transfer windows have been completely negligent. Saints give examples of Carillio (however you spell it) but the vast majority of Everton’s signings have been as bad. Most see out their contracts without contributing anything.

Even this transfer window was a car crash, bringing in Patterson, Mikelenko, El Ghazi selling Digne then sacking Benitez and brining in Van Der Beek and Dele Alli. Crying out for a centre half but couldn’t get one even on loan as they’d used their loans up. Absolute amateurs.

At the top of the club you had two complete polar personalities. One is lunatic who, as you say, throws money after money but leaves the club bloated and shite. On the other hand is the sentimental fella who hires ex players that have shafted the club and given them jobs as youth coaches i.e. Jeffers and Baxter. The academy is a joke and is more concerned with winning their league than developing players for the first team.

As I’ve said, the entire club needs a reboot.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 18:12 - Mar 15 with 1081 viewssaint22

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:02 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

That was in the daily mail and then picked up by other papers. It’s a load of nonsense.

A lot of clubs have been on ‘special measures’ with the premier league since Covid but it’s all very transparent and cooperative - it’s just another chance to boot the club when it’s down - not that it would make a lot of difference to the atmosphere anyway which is rock bottom.

nonsense in the Daily Fail, never!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024