Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Everton are relegated ... ? 09:46 - Mar 15 with 2719 viewssaint901

Given that they are presently the club with the largest rolling deficit (apparently we are second in that league - not good) and the EFL fair play rules are much tighter and less easily abused than the EPL, they may have to sell players.

Who might we be interested in?

I'm thinking Pickford.

Not sure any of their other players would be of interest?
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 18:52 - Mar 15 with 1067 viewsElijahK

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:53 - Mar 15 by Butty101

Jonstone is having a pretty poor season. Injures, being dropped and letting in a couple howlers. I dont think hes the answer.
If Burnely go down i would take Pope in a heart beat.

Yeah Pope I’d definitely have, same for Henderson. But for Johnstone, he does wanna leave so that may be why he’s been poor recently, as most players have a major dip in performances when they’ve publicly stated that they wanna leave

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:01 - Mar 16 with 940 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 14:50 - Mar 15 by solent_toffee

Since Moyes left it’s been negligent and a downward spiral. We’ve had a back and forth on here many re Koeman but he and Walsh and subsequent transfer windows have been completely negligent. Saints give examples of Carillio (however you spell it) but the vast majority of Everton’s signings have been as bad. Most see out their contracts without contributing anything.

Even this transfer window was a car crash, bringing in Patterson, Mikelenko, El Ghazi selling Digne then sacking Benitez and brining in Van Der Beek and Dele Alli. Crying out for a centre half but couldn’t get one even on loan as they’d used their loans up. Absolute amateurs.

At the top of the club you had two complete polar personalities. One is lunatic who, as you say, throws money after money but leaves the club bloated and shite. On the other hand is the sentimental fella who hires ex players that have shafted the club and given them jobs as youth coaches i.e. Jeffers and Baxter. The academy is a joke and is more concerned with winning their league than developing players for the first team.

As I’ve said, the entire club needs a reboot.

I think that there is a reality check needed as to why there was a so called downward spiral.

Firstly Martinez did not do a bad job, in his first season he finished 5th, the following season he finished 11th and then in his final season 11th again but he reached an FA Cup semi final.

That was to a backdrop of the likes of Manchester City & Chelsea spending mega money etc, Everton seemed to have ideas above their station that they should be finishing in the top 5, but football changed drastically between 2013 as City started to build their empire, Liverpool finally got their act together and even Spurs & Arsenal stayed solidly 5th & 6th

In came Moshiri to stroke the fans ego's with talk about Champions League and the throwing of money around, albeit a lot less than the Big 6 were throwing around.

Even Koeman wasn't good enough with a 7th position and qualification for Europe and since then it has been a case of throwing money around (again not enough compared to the big 6) .

You are right Everton are now a car crash, the Premier League is even tougher now as Everton are up against newly minted Newcastle plus West Ham who have a 60,000 stadium and can compete for the top 6.

If you drew up a list of clubs and where they stand in terms of money and current standing Everton would be about 11th, yet every season the expectation is probably 5th or 6th.

The problem is the owner he has talked the talk, but he can't walk the walk with clubs of a similar size even let alone the big 6.

You say that Everton have a bloated squad and you are right, it has been assembled by at least 4 managers and each one has paid over the odds for average players, Dele Alli is not the man for a relegation fight and Frank Lampard has no experience in what is now needed.

I think Everton will get out of trouble as come the end of the season some of those underperformers will roll up their sleeves for a couple of games and get you out of trouble.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:08 - Mar 16 with 909 viewskernow

Everton have been a top flight club for as long as I can remember.
They'll get out of trouble, I hope.
If not, they'll bounce back.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:36 - Mar 16 with 886 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 10:01 - Mar 16 by SaintNick

I think that there is a reality check needed as to why there was a so called downward spiral.

Firstly Martinez did not do a bad job, in his first season he finished 5th, the following season he finished 11th and then in his final season 11th again but he reached an FA Cup semi final.

That was to a backdrop of the likes of Manchester City & Chelsea spending mega money etc, Everton seemed to have ideas above their station that they should be finishing in the top 5, but football changed drastically between 2013 as City started to build their empire, Liverpool finally got their act together and even Spurs & Arsenal stayed solidly 5th & 6th

In came Moshiri to stroke the fans ego's with talk about Champions League and the throwing of money around, albeit a lot less than the Big 6 were throwing around.

Even Koeman wasn't good enough with a 7th position and qualification for Europe and since then it has been a case of throwing money around (again not enough compared to the big 6) .

You are right Everton are now a car crash, the Premier League is even tougher now as Everton are up against newly minted Newcastle plus West Ham who have a 60,000 stadium and can compete for the top 6.

If you drew up a list of clubs and where they stand in terms of money and current standing Everton would be about 11th, yet every season the expectation is probably 5th or 6th.

The problem is the owner he has talked the talk, but he can't walk the walk with clubs of a similar size even let alone the big 6.

You say that Everton have a bloated squad and you are right, it has been assembled by at least 4 managers and each one has paid over the odds for average players, Dele Alli is not the man for a relegation fight and Frank Lampard has no experience in what is now needed.

I think Everton will get out of trouble as come the end of the season some of those underperformers will roll up their sleeves for a couple of games and get you out of trouble.

I don’t think there is a reality check needed at all as to why there is a downward spiral, Everton fans have lived through it and know where they have gone wrong. Poor player recruitment, poor set up at the academy and the hiring and firing of managers Willy nilly.

I had no issue with Martinez and he had been given time, things could be completely different. He got 71 points in his first season and got to two semi finals in his third season and was unlucky not to go further in both. There was also no threat of relegation. More then falling out with the fans (there was a vocal minority) he fell out with the players.

Koeman inherited a decent squad and a very good starting eleven, finished seventh but his signings were poor. Between him and Walsh they set back the club for years. Allardyce was brought in to keep up a team who were never going down and Everton wasted another 50 million and Christ knows how much on wages by bringing in Walcott and Tosun.

Silva, Ancellotti and Benitez have followed, lots of players brought in, no progress being made.

This has got phuck all to do with reality checks or fans expectations. It’s all to do with gross mismanagement from Moshiri and has I hate to say it as I love the fella but Kenwright, the board everyone involved in the football side of the club., including the academy.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:43 - Mar 16 with 866 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:08 - Mar 16 by kernow

I hope they do get out of trouble I have many friends and family who are Everton supporters, the real question will be how much they were reliant on sanctioned Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov who had put in money to finance the spending spree, ie £30 million just for the naming rights to the stadium, not the actual naming rights, just to have first chance.

According to the FE Everton are now trying to make up a shortfall on financing their new stadium which in itself is £500 million assuming that costs don't rise.

Also the Liver building is up for sale, Moshiri is part of a consortium that bought it, whether that has anything to do with the cash flow issues im not sure

FT Article here

https://www.ft.com/content/725912a4-b4d8-4d45-8ce5-740a81572734

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:59 - Mar 16 with 850 viewssaint901

There might also be a little bit of envy driving some of the managerial signing (and firings)? Liverpool have had and are still in a purple patch and comparisons are inevitably being drawn with Everton who have gone in the opposite direction.

I think Everton may well go down.

Norwich are doomed. Burnley also seem to have lost their usual fighting spirit and selling their CF in January was blow as they lack goals.

So, Watford, Leeds, Everton?

Watford are stubborn and as we saw at the weekend willing to use debatable tactics (that RH could/should have been able to counter) in order to grind out results.

Leeds have anew manager and from what I've seen on the TV a renewed energy.

Everton? Again going the other way. Lampard lacks a mindset that sends his players out with a "do not lose" attitude and perhaps the expectations around the club in recent years makes that even more difficult. Their January signings make little sense. (OK I don't like Delle as a human being or as a professional player but he would not be the person I want in the trenches next to me in a relegation fight).

I can see Everton go.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:53 - Mar 16 with 800 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:36 - Mar 16 by solent_toffee

I don’t think there is a reality check needed at all as to why there is a downward spiral, Everton fans have lived through it and know where they have gone wrong. Poor player recruitment, poor set up at the academy and the hiring and firing of managers Willy nilly.

I had no issue with Martinez and he had been given time, things could be completely different. He got 71 points in his first season and got to two semi finals in his third season and was unlucky not to go further in both. There was also no threat of relegation. More then falling out with the fans (there was a vocal minority) he fell out with the players.

Koeman inherited a decent squad and a very good starting eleven, finished seventh but his signings were poor. Between him and Walsh they set back the club for years. Allardyce was brought in to keep up a team who were never going down and Everton wasted another 50 million and Christ knows how much on wages by bringing in Walcott and Tosun.

Silva, Ancellotti and Benitez have followed, lots of players brought in, no progress being made.

This has got phuck all to do with reality checks or fans expectations. It’s all to do with gross mismanagement from Moshiri and has I hate to say it as I love the fella but Kenwright, the board everyone involved in the football side of the club., including the academy.

When I say reality check I mean the type of manager and players that are being signed, the inference is that Everton are a big club so big names have to be signed.

Look at January, Lampard and Dele Alli, absolutely no experience in the job needed to be done, but the illusion is that Moshiri is spending big to get in big names.

The reason the managers are hired and fired is because they finish around the 10-11th mark, but the reality is that is where Everton currently sit in terms of Premier League hierarchy.

A new stadium may change that, Everton have the support to fill it and then generate income to rise the club up the table again.

But the truth is that unless they get bought by someone as rich as City & Newcastle's owners or get the global support of United & Liverpool and the income streams that generates, not to mention Spurs & Arsenal & perhaps Chelsea, it will be difficult to break into the top 7.

Kenwright is just a figurehead, to make it feel that Everton is still a club of the people, but he has had little real influence on the hirings and firings, Moshiri calls the shots

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:09 - Mar 16 with 786 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 12:53 - Mar 16 by SaintNick

When I say reality check I mean the type of manager and players that are being signed, the inference is that Everton are a big club so big names have to be signed.

Look at January, Lampard and Dele Alli, absolutely no experience in the job needed to be done, but the illusion is that Moshiri is spending big to get in big names.

The reason the managers are hired and fired is because they finish around the 10-11th mark, but the reality is that is where Everton currently sit in terms of Premier League hierarchy.

A new stadium may change that, Everton have the support to fill it and then generate income to rise the club up the table again.

But the truth is that unless they get bought by someone as rich as City & Newcastle's owners or get the global support of United & Liverpool and the income streams that generates, not to mention Spurs & Arsenal & perhaps Chelsea, it will be difficult to break into the top 7.

Kenwright is just a figurehead, to make it feel that Everton is still a club of the people, but he has had little real influence on the hirings and firings, Moshiri calls the shots

I honestly don’t think that’s true, not from the match going fans anyway, although the social media cesspit might reflect a different picture.

Moyes was not a big name when he came to Everton and every Everton fan I know would have loved us to have found Moyes mark 2 in the last 6-7 years, with only a small portion of that money, the 2005 Moyes could have worked wonders.

Unfortunately I do think Mad Moshiri would rather listen to the clowns as Sky Sports or Talksport then someone closer in the club who knows what they are talking about.

I’m hoping that the appointment of Graeme Sharp onto the board and the ongoing involvement of Tim Cahill can rein Moshiri in and bring a bit of stability into the club.

But we will see.
Login to get fewer ads

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:25 - Mar 16 with 775 viewsSaintNick

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:09 - Mar 16 by solent_toffee

I honestly don’t think that’s true, not from the match going fans anyway, although the social media cesspit might reflect a different picture.

Moyes was not a big name when he came to Everton and every Everton fan I know would have loved us to have found Moyes mark 2 in the last 6-7 years, with only a small portion of that money, the 2005 Moyes could have worked wonders.

Unfortunately I do think Mad Moshiri would rather listen to the clowns as Sky Sports or Talksport then someone closer in the club who knows what they are talking about.

I’m hoping that the appointment of Graeme Sharp onto the board and the ongoing involvement of Tim Cahill can rein Moshiri in and bring a bit of stability into the club.

But we will see.

I know many of the match going fans dont have the same views as Moshiri and you are right Everton needed Moyes mark 2 and now chase the managers who change clubs almost yearly.

I'm not sure what having Graeme Sharp on the board will do, he has no real knowledge of running a football club and has worked as a journalist and club ambassador recently according to wiki again im not sure what he brings to the table.

It seems as an onlooked they are club legends to try and deflect flak off Moshiri from the fans, Duncan Ferguson has been a coach under all of the managers, yet he hasn't been able to change the way things are done.

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 752 viewssolent_toffee

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 13:25 - Mar 16 by SaintNick

I know many of the match going fans dont have the same views as Moshiri and you are right Everton needed Moyes mark 2 and now chase the managers who change clubs almost yearly.

I'm not sure what having Graeme Sharp on the board will do, he has no real knowledge of running a football club and has worked as a journalist and club ambassador recently according to wiki again im not sure what he brings to the table.

It seems as an onlooked they are club legends to try and deflect flak off Moshiri from the fans, Duncan Ferguson has been a coach under all of the managers, yet he hasn't been able to change the way things are done.

I think Sharp is there as someone who has an ear to fans rather than Moshiri who seems to listen to people like his mate Jim White from Talksport (FFS, it’s cringey).

Had Sharp been on board, he might have prevented Benitez from being considered, who knows.

I think there are a number of Evertonians, myself included who would like to see both Ferguson and Unsworth gone at the end of the season. As you say, he’s worked with lots of the managers who’ve faience but seems most won’t replace him for fear of perceived backlash from the fans but I don’t think there would be any.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 15:07 - Mar 16 with 689 viewscocklebreath

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 11:08 - Mar 16 by kernow

Why hope? Awful club that broke many saints fans hearts at Highbury

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 15:27 - Mar 16 with 666 viewskernow

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 15:07 - Mar 16 by cocklebreath

Some you win , some you lose.
Would prefer them to stay up before Norwich, Burnley, Watford or Leeds.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 15:42 - Mar 16 with 657 viewsPaleRider

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 15:27 - Mar 16 by kernow

Some you win , some you lose.
Would prefer them to stay up before Norwich, Burnley, Watford or Leeds.

Personally I would like Norwich and Burnley to stay up as they have the shallowest pockets! Plus we always lose at Everton and I am old enough to remember some of the thrashings we got in the 70's.

PS surprised 130 hasn't come on this thread as it's completely irrelevant to him & Pompey!
[Post edited 16 Mar 2022 15:43]
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 17:49 - Mar 16 with 601 viewsBerber

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 15:07 - Mar 16 by cocklebreath

They did not win out of malice, like us, they hope to do their best, but like us, it does not always turn out that way.
If Everton are relegated ... ? on 19:54 - Mar 16 with 560 viewscocklebreath

If Everton are relegated ... ? on 17:49 - Mar 16 by Berber

They did not win out of malice, like us, they hope to do their best, but like us, it does not always turn out that way.

I’ve more bad memories of them, about 86? When they beat us 4-0 Sharp scored all 4 and a group of Everton fans cheering every goal in the east stand, goofy fookers

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024