Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? 14:10 - Mar 15 with 1237 viewssaint901

Chelsea have asked the FA if they can play Middlesborough behind closed doors to preserve "sporting integrity".

In other words, they can't sell tickets for the game and they don't want the Smoggies to have the whole ground.

(I think Chelsea have sold 500 tickets before they were stopped).

Personally, that's asking other clubs to be punished for Chelsea living on dirty money and the request should be quickly thrown out.

Dan Roan of the BBC says he's been contacted by senior Gov't types who are incredulous at the toys/cot interface shown by Chelsea.

I'd agree.

Live by the sword (or dirty money), die by the sword.
Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 14:13 - Mar 15 with 1230 viewsSaintNick

I agree why should Middlesbrough be punished and denied income due to the issues Chelsea have.

Going forward though Chelsea's fans are being punished, given that in the Premier League only the home club received income, then surely it would be easy to facilitate selling tickets for Chelsea away games with the money going straight to the home club thus meaning Chelsea arent taking in any cash or benefitting

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 14:16 - Mar 15 with 1223 viewssolent_toffee

Middlesbrough’s response has been spot on, calling out the irony of sporting integrity.
Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 14:21 - Mar 15 with 1209 viewssaint901

Not seen the Smoggies response yet.

I have a friend who is Bulgarian. He was in the park (in Sofia) with his then 6 year old. Said 6 year old was attacked by a bigger kid who turned out to be Russian. My friend rushed over and puller the bigger kid off. Big kids Dad arrives and instead of apologising or asking about the welfare of the 6 year old, holds out a wedge of cash "in compensation".

My friend refused.

He says it sums up Russians - "all money and no class".

Seems like Chelsea have learnt the same thing.
Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 14:40 - Mar 15 with 1183 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 14:21 - Mar 15 by saint901

Not seen the Smoggies response yet.

I have a friend who is Bulgarian. He was in the park (in Sofia) with his then 6 year old. Said 6 year old was attacked by a bigger kid who turned out to be Russian. My friend rushed over and puller the bigger kid off. Big kids Dad arrives and instead of apologising or asking about the welfare of the 6 year old, holds out a wedge of cash "in compensation".

My friend refused.

He says it sums up Russians - "all money and no class".

Seems like Chelsea have learnt the same thing.

In fairness the Chelsea Supporters Trust ( A fans group) have publicly asked the club to withdraw the request, saying it "does not benefit" any fans.

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 18:57 - Mar 15 with 1031 viewsTimSaint

Pathetic attempt to use their own demise as a excuse give them an advantage, knowing full well the crowd will cheer on the Boro, like they did v Spurs in the previous round.

There won't be any away fans at the Bridge for the last 4 or 5 games of the season, so surely if this went through, those teams due to play there would ask for the same rules to be applied.

TimSaint

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 20:27 - Mar 15 with 986 viewskingslandstand1

It seems they've realised not a good idea

Chelsea withdraw request to play FA Cup tie with Middlesbrough behind closed doors - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60757919
Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 947 viewshedgeend61

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 20:27 - Mar 15 by kingslandstand1

It seems they've realised not a good idea

Chelsea withdraw request to play FA Cup tie with Middlesbrough behind closed doors - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60757919

Glad Chelsea have seen sense and realised the error of their ways.

What I can't understand is why say Boro or other PLclubs can't sell the away allocation directly to Chelsea fans, as having no Chelsea fans there will cost Boro over 100k, unless they sell those blocks to home fans.

The problem then will be Chelsea fans will find ways to buy tickets in home end blocks and be scattered all around the stadium,
Which tbh won't be ideal.
Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 12:40 - Mar 16 with 759 viewsfranniesTache

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 21:36 - Mar 15 by hedgeend61

Glad Chelsea have seen sense and realised the error of their ways.

What I can't understand is why say Boro or other PLclubs can't sell the away allocation directly to Chelsea fans, as having no Chelsea fans there will cost Boro over 100k, unless they sell those blocks to home fans.

The problem then will be Chelsea fans will find ways to buy tickets in home end blocks and be scattered all around the stadium,
Which tbh won't be ideal.

I work with someone who's a smoggie and knows people at their ticket office, apparently they offered to sell Chelsea fans the tickets directly but they kept the income and Chelsea turned them down
Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 12:56 - Mar 16 with 749 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea want to play in an empty stadium - yes or no? on 12:40 - Mar 16 by franniesTache

I work with someone who's a smoggie and knows people at their ticket office, apparently they offered to sell Chelsea fans the tickets directly but they kept the income and Chelsea turned them down

The income is split 3 ways, home & away clubs and the FA, in fairness im not sure why Chelsea would have been bothered about trying to collect the income from 3,000 away tickets, probably £90,000 at best, hardly change much and if they failed to pay the FA then that would block any chance they had of selling the club

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024