Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Much Better.. 21:47 - Mar 29 with 2773 viewsdale1968

Though we were under the cosh for periods I felt we never looked in trouble once the pen went in.Well played lads.Much Much Better.
Only downside Latics won as well.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Much Better.. on 22:02 - Mar 29 with 2655 viewsBarrowdale

Really? One great shot papered over a lot of cracks.
Positives, its taken Stockdale 38 games to realise we should stop pssing around from goal kicks but he still insists on bringing everyone back for defending corners, which then consistently come back at us.
Dorsett is turning into a decent cb, but Keoghane spent too long under BBM and passes anywhere other than forwards.
Getting battered in the 2nd half but he waits til 70 to make a change. We were very gery lucky to get away with that but still a very useful 3 points.
Much Better.. on 22:14 - Mar 29 with 2566 views442Dale

Much Better.. on 22:02 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Positives, its taken Stockdale 38 games to realise we should stop pssing around from goal kicks but he still insists on bringing everyone back for defending corners, which then consistently come back at us.
Dorsett is turning into a decent cb, but Keoghane spent too long under BBM and passes anywhere other than forwards.
Getting battered in the 2nd half but he waits til 70 to make a change. We were very gery lucky to get away with that but still a very useful 3 points.

At no stage did we look like we’d not see it out tonight though. That was the difference and should be acknowledged as a positive.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Much Better.. on 22:16 - Mar 29 with 2546 viewsBarrowdale

Much Better.. on 22:14 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

At no stage did we look like we’d not see it out tonight though. That was the difference and should be acknowledged as a positive.

Hmm, from 50/65 mins we never got out of our half.
Better from Lynch tho and Bonesey solid
Much Better.. on 22:17 - Mar 29 with 2538 viewsDale2017

Agree with this and the OP. Apart from long range efforts and decent balls coming in from the flanks, Carlisle didn't really trouble us. Rome wasn't built in a day so there will still be errors but a good performance overall
Much Better.. on 22:24 - Mar 29 with 2474 views442Dale

Much Better.. on 22:16 - Mar 29 by Barrowdale

Hmm, from 50/65 mins we never got out of our half.
Better from Lynch tho and Bonesey solid

Never? Not once?

It was a solid enough performance. The sort Steve Parkin would see as a standard requirement during his first spell.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Much Better.. on 22:32 - Mar 29 with 2396 views_Windydale

I thought we did what a lot of teams have done to us when going 1 nil up and defending our precious lead. Not leaving ourselves too open, it was a good hard-working, harassing defensive performance.
Much Better.. on 22:34 - Mar 29 with 2381 viewsD_Alien

Get away with it?

This just goes to show that some will look for negatives at every turn

It's the bottom half of League Two for goodness sake. We fought, we ground out a win, and we'll live to fight again next season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Much Better.. on 22:53 - Mar 29 with 2249 viewsBlueMessiah

Was never going to be a walk in the park tonight against a team with the winning habit. Thought we set about our business very well with a much more attacking formation and personnel. A very solid defensive performance and some excellent skill, endeavour and commitment across the pitch.
Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly a step in the right direction.
First time in what seems like ages that I’ve walked out of Spotland smiling. Credit to Stockdale and all the players for giving us what most of us had been hoping for for so long.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Login to get fewer ads

Much Better.. on 23:04 - Mar 29 with 2155 viewsDaleiLama

Most assured performance for quite some time

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Much Better.. on 23:04 - Mar 29 with 2152 viewsupthedale2403

Give it a rest! That was the best performance for a long long time! Never going to have it all your own way for 90 mins that’s just football, we did what was required we got the three points. I agree about the corners and in general our set plays, But can you really fault RS tactics tonight after a 2-0 win? We got stuck in we seen the players running themselves into the ground, we did the basics right defended well and put the ball in the net twice. Something us fans have not seen at least for the last 6 matches
Much Better.. on 23:54 - Mar 29 with 1981 viewsmikehunt

Some great tackles, winning back balls from dangerous situations, was a real plus tonight. Further proof of player commitment.
Must admit I couldn’t see where the second goal was coming from but we stuck at it for a change and weren’t too wasteful with the ball. Pretty good performance in my eyes.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Much Better.. on 06:30 - Mar 30 with 1795 viewsDale_4_Life

OP title was Much Better. This is correct.

I was concerned Robbie might be to stubborn to move away from a system we clearly are not suited too. That was more like it. 11 players in Dale shirts crossing the line looking like they give a damn.

Clean sheet and Two goals overall good value for 3 points and it was much better. Working progress and something to build on. Bring on Saturday and we go again! More of last night would do for the majority.
Much Better.. on 15:08 - Mar 30 with 1433 viewssamueloneils

These are the home wins in the last 3 seasons.

2019/20
Accrington 2-1
MK Dons 2-0
Bolton 2-0
Shrewsbury 1-0
Rotherham 3-1

2020/21
Fleetwood 2-1
Swindon 2-1
Accrington 3-1
Blackpool 1-0

2021/22
Tranmere 1-0
Sutton 3-2
Newport 3-0
Northampton 1-0
Carlisle 2-0

That`s 14 league home wins in almost 3 seasons. Bear in mind the last 3 wins last season were by the time we were pretty well relegated. Thank you BBM.

I think most fans regard a home draw as 2 points lost, whereas an away draw is a point gained. Oversimplified I know, but a pointer for next season.

14 wins in 3 seasons is less than any other EFL team, 1 less than Stevenage and Wimbledon, 2 less than Scunthorpe and 4 less than Birmingham and Oldham.

In view of the above nobody can persuade me that Dale fans are not the most tolerant in the league.

Up the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024