Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest-range goals 22:53 - Apr 2 with 6846 viewsShun

I’m just watching MOTD and it noted that Rudiger’s goal was Chelsea’s furthest out since 2007. I don’t imagine distance of goals can be found in the TVOS archives, but what do we think our furthest out are?

Higgy from the halfway line is an obvious one, but other than that Perkins v Darlington stands out as being close to the halfway line.
Longest-range goals on 23:01 - Apr 2 with 4619 viewsSuddenLad

Andy Flounders, Steve O'Shaughnessy, Jimmy Graham are three that readily spring to mind.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Longest-range goals on 23:02 - Apr 2 with 4615 viewsR17ALE

O'Shaughnessy v Scarborough 1990 and Flounders v Scunthorpe (or was it Lincoln?) 1992 were both monstrous strikes.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Longest-range goals on 23:05 - Apr 2 with 4606 views442Dale

Longest-range goals on 23:02 - Apr 2 by R17ALE

O'Shaughnessy v Scarborough 1990 and Flounders v Scunthorpe (or was it Lincoln?) 1992 were both monstrous strikes.

Lincoln. Scunthorpe was the week after on Boxing Day when the main stand opened.

Add Higginbotham at Accrington. Edit: sorry missed Shun mentioning it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 23:06]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Longest-range goals on 08:23 - Apr 3 with 4408 viewsBeechball

Toner v Aldershot, Simpson v Plymouth
Longest-range goals on 09:10 - Apr 3 with 4349 viewsboromat

Was it Michael Oliver in the cup in the 90th minute? I want to say against Tamworth.

I was in the Pearl Street at the time think it may have looked further out from there than it was.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Longest-range goals on 09:16 - Apr 3 with 4346 viewsTVOS1907

Jimmy Graham (although not that far out)

Andy Flounders

Steve O'Shaughnessy

David Perkins

Kallum Higginbotham

Ciaran Toner

Paul Simpson

[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:19]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Longest-range goals on 09:17 - Apr 3 with 4344 viewsTVOS1907

Longest-range goals on 09:10 - Apr 3 by boromat

Was it Michael Oliver in the cup in the 90th minute? I want to say against Tamworth.

I was in the Pearl Street at the time think it may have looked further out from there than it was.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Longest-range goals on 10:23 - Apr 3 with 4245 viewsSuddenLad

Who scored our goal when we lost 6-1 at home to Leicester City in the League Cup, 93/94?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Longest-range goals on 10:30 - Apr 3 with 4222 viewsdingdangblue

Camps v Oldham

BBM v Mk Dons

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Longest-range goals on 10:31 - Apr 3 with 4218 viewsmeeee

Wilbraham's goal against Portsmouth was quite far out from what I can remember
Longest-range goals on 10:33 - Apr 3 with 4207 viewsTVOS1907

Longest-range goals on 10:23 - Apr 3 by SuddenLad

Who scored our goal when we lost 6-1 at home to Leicester City in the League Cup, 93/94?

Brian Carey (own goal)

Longest-range goals on 11:05 - Apr 3 with 4166 viewspioneer

Stan Horne scored from a free kick taken from his own half, Dale v Barnsley 1974-5 season.
Longest-range goals on 13:12 - Apr 3 with 4081 viewsTVOS1907

Longest-range goals on 11:05 - Apr 3 by pioneer

Stan Horne scored from a free kick taken from his own half, Dale v Barnsley 1974-5 season.

If it's not on YouTube, I don't believe you.

.... anyway, sounds like it was a wind-assisted free-kick, but they all count.

Longest-range goals on 13:15 - Apr 3 with 4068 viewsD_Alien

Longest-range goals on 13:12 - Apr 3 by TVOS1907

As do all wind-assisted posts!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Longest-range goals on 16:43 - Apr 3 with 3958 viewsShun

Longest-range goals on 09:16 - Apr 3 by TVOS1907

Jimmy Graham (although not that far out)

Andy Flounders

Steve O'Shaughnessy

David Perkins

Kallum Higginbotham

Ciaran Toner

Paul Simpson

[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:19]

The Flounders and O’Shaugnessy ones… wow!
Longest-range goals on 09:53 - Apr 4 with 3743 viewspioneer

Longest-range goals on 13:12 - Apr 3 by TVOS1907

Hornes goal was the game winner that ended a 26 game winless streak. Second home game after previous seasons relegation so poor home form is nothing new! We only won one more home game before Xmas meaning we went 33 home games winning only 3 of them.

The long range goal was partly the result of Alan Taylor running across the flight of the ball leaving the goalie unsighted.

Before joining dale Horne had played 153 league games with aston villa, man city, fulham and chester together with 10 games in the NASL without ever scoring. Maybe they should have used him on free kicks more. He was part of the City league champions side in 1967-8 but didnt play enough games to get a medal. A change in league regulations last year meant he was eligible and City presented him with a medal 54 years later!

I suppose this thread could be renamed longest range non wind assisted goals on YouTube😊
Longest-range goals on 12:05 - Apr 4 with 3652 viewsEllDale

Always rated Stan Horne as a player.
He was signed with Jim Grummett to shore up Walter Joyce's relegation team and was superbly consistent in trying to marshall things at the back.
Longest-range goals on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 3539 viewsChris1803

If memory serves me right, Scott Warner scored an absolute screamer in a 4-1 win at home against Torquay. September 3rd 2005 having looked up the result. Can't seem to find the goal on YouTube sadly!
Longest-range goals on 15:26 - Apr 4 with 3490 viewsTVOS1907

Longest-range goals on 14:45 - Apr 4 by Chris1803

If memory serves me right, Scott Warner scored an absolute screamer in a 4-1 win at home against Torquay. September 3rd 2005 having looked up the result. Can't seem to find the goal on YouTube sadly!

You didn't look hard enough

Longest-range goals on 16:41 - Apr 4 with 3436 viewsleedsdale

Wayne Evans scored against Carlisle in the 6-0 game, aided by some hideous goalkeeping

Longest-range goals on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 3397 viewsHullDale

Longest-range goals on 15:26 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

Thanks for sharing that TVOS - Warner's is one of my all time favourite Dale goals. Nobody expected it, and you could see what it meant to him. I remember reading at the time that his sprint tonthe main stand was to celebrate with his parents.
Longest-range goals on 17:27 - Apr 4 with 3391 viewsChris1803

Longest-range goals on 15:26 - Apr 4 by TVOS1907

Cleary I didn't! I'm very glad you did though, thank you.

Cracking strike from Warner.
Longest-range goals on 19:14 - Apr 4 with 3308 viewsSilverDale

Jason Kennedy scored a cracker at the Sandy End, when ,unfortuneately he was playing for Darlington, in the season before he joined us.
Longest-range goals on 19:43 - Apr 4 with 3273 viewsEllDale

Gary Jones had a shot on him as well.
Remember that goal at Bristol Rovers in October 2001 just after Steve Parkin had left? Then there was one at Halifax in August 2000 plus that effort at Southampton.
My favourite came in the second home game of 2004/05. It was against either Swansea or Southend, I can never remember which of the two, after build up play from Paul Tait and Grant Holt who laid it off for him.
One of the best I ever saw against us came around the same time when Paul Ince smashed in one at the Sandy for Wolves in the League Cup.
Longest-range goals on 20:01 - Apr 4 with 3251 viewsD_Alien

Does anyone remember the 40-yard direct free-kick into the Sandy Lane goal which won the game 0-1 for Wrexham about 2006? Even the Dale fans applauded that one

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024