Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador 12:25 - Apr 7 with 3345 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57500/irony-not-lost-as-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:02 - Apr 7 with 2789 viewsPoirot

He was told to step down or be sacked

Dear oh dear this article is just like le tissier pr job, if you havent seen what hes said over the last two years and behaved towards many of our fans then you cant comment.

He should of been sacked two years ago and hes destroyed his legacy at the club.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 11:57]
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:23 - Apr 7 with 2754 viewsHeisenberg

As we saw in Rwanda and Yugoslavia there is increasingly clear evidence from a number of sources that there have been atrocities carried out against the civilian population of Ukraine. For Le Tissier to question it on the grounds that the media sometimes tells lies is at best misguided and to those poor victims and their families downright offensive. The club were right to get rid

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:40 - Apr 7 with 2730 viewssaints__fan__73

"If you disagree with Matt Le Tissier on his views then challenge him on his twitter feed, but don't silence him as mentioned in this terrible time for the World and of course Ukrainia silencing both media and individuals achieves nothing."

A bit difficult when the loon blocks everyone who dares to question his views.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:46 - Apr 7 with 2714 viewsChesham_Saint

Freedom of speech. He’s entitled to his point of view, however ill informed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:52 - Apr 7 with 2695 viewsDorsetIan

There is nothing ironic in this decision.

He has become a parrot for whatever unthinking, putin-bot-encouraged, conspiracy theory is doing the rounds. It's become embarrassing and ties have understandably been severed.

And to try to equate MLT's supposed 'loss of freedom' with the freedoms being lost by the Ukrainian civilians at the receiving end of indiscriminate Russian bombing is silly and naive.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:52 - Apr 7 with 2698 viewssaints__fan__73

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:46 - Apr 7 by Chesham_Saint

Freedom of speech. He’s entitled to his point of view, however ill informed.

Indeed and the club, all of his employers and even his own PR company are all entitled to have nothing to do with him due to aforementioned views.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 14:48 - Apr 7 with 2651 views1885_SFC

Shame. Absolute God on the playing pitch... but a case of 'Good God' these days off of it.

Old School is Cool

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:09 - Apr 7 with 2561 viewsPoirot

Amusing some fans still looking through their red and white tinted spectacles. Le Tissier is somehwat lucky in that only a small percentage of the fanbase has seen his irresponsible twitter behaviour. But lets make it clear, he and his cranks are directly responsible for the deaths of people that contracted covid after seeing their misinformation on social media. Thats how serious the situation got. It should also be pointed out that he believes hes above any of us and that he has a superior complex.

For reference i want to highlights that i saw le tissiers entire career starting with goals agaisnt Man United in 1986 as a 13yr old.
Login to get fewer ads

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:10 - Apr 7 with 2560 viewsDorsetIan

Apart from Icke himself, I'm trying to think of any other well known figures who have gone wacko like this?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:13 - Apr 7 with 2558 viewsChesham_Saint

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:09 - Apr 7 by Poirot

Amusing some fans still looking through their red and white tinted spectacles. Le Tissier is somehwat lucky in that only a small percentage of the fanbase has seen his irresponsible twitter behaviour. But lets make it clear, he and his cranks are directly responsible for the deaths of people that contracted covid after seeing their misinformation on social media. Thats how serious the situation got. It should also be pointed out that he believes hes above any of us and that he has a superior complex.

For reference i want to highlights that i saw le tissiers entire career starting with goals agaisnt Man United in 1986 as a 13yr old.

Red and white tinted spectacles?! This is a fvcking SFC football forum, FFS.

Unless/until he does something illegal, then Fvck you.

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:25 - Apr 7 with 2500 viewsSaintNick

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:09 - Apr 7 by Poirot

I have no red & white rose tinted spectacles, I just defend his right to say what he likes as long as it is not racist, homophobic etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:27 - Apr 7 with 2497 viewsSaintNick

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 13:40 - Apr 7 by saints__fan__73

"If you disagree with Matt Le Tissier on his views then challenge him on his twitter feed, but don't silence him as mentioned in this terrible time for the World and of course Ukrainia silencing both media and individuals achieves nothing."

A bit difficult when the loon blocks everyone who dares to question his views.

Rather ironic that you comment on this thread given you spend most of your time on here spouting ill informed views on my good self, yet i don't block you

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:30 - Apr 7 with 2490 viewsA1079

The only memory that I have of MLT is what a fantastically skilled footballer he was and how privileged I was to be able to see before my very eyes some brilliant goals and celebrations to follow.

I do not read what he writes now as I don't read much of what many footballers past or present write. He has a right to his own views and opinions just as Lineker has had recently. I don't have to agree with them and probably don't but the bottom line for me is he was a great footballer and in that respect he gave me, our team and our club a great service whilst he was playing.

It is probably right he has stood down because as an Ambassador or a PR person for an organisation you cease to be either if you start being the main focus intentionally or not.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:33 - Apr 7 with 2487 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes, he has a right to freedom of speech within the law. He is certainly being very controversial, but whilst I don't agree with him, who knows what goes on in this world. The media and the west, said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, there weren't. Many scientists now claiming that the lockdowns were probably unnecessary, and only the elderly and vulnerable should have been isolated. Agreeing with a statement, suggesting that Ukraine civilians were making things up about their treatment from the Russians seems ridiculous yes, but you know what as I said, who knows the truth about anything. It's money, spin, box ticking, scandals going on everywhere. We are all subconsciously coerced all the time, Matt is entitled to his view within the law, however strange or shocking it might seem to others.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 17:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:36 - Apr 7 with 2479 viewsRon11

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:13 - Apr 7 by Chesham_Saint

Red and white tinted spectacles?! This is a fvcking SFC football forum, FFS.

Unless/until he does something illegal, then Fvck you.

Nah, fu ck Le Tissier and all his apologist defenders.
He's coming out with shit that appears to be a result of someone in the 'media' upsetting his ego.
If you can't weed out the true facts from most of the media bullshit, (of which Russian atrocities are obviously sadly not bullshit) which he seems mentally incapable of, then the stupid tw*t should keep his views to himself.
He'll be claiming that because we're all actually lizards, and therefore are immune to Covid, as his main reasoning behind his anti vaccine views next.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 20:44 - Apr 7 with 2359 viewsChesham_Saint

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:36 - Apr 7 by Ron11

Nah, fu ck Le Tissier and all his apologist defenders.
He's coming out with shit that appears to be a result of someone in the 'media' upsetting his ego.
If you can't weed out the true facts from most of the media bullshit, (of which Russian atrocities are obviously sadly not bullshit) which he seems mentally incapable of, then the stupid tw*t should keep his views to himself.
He'll be claiming that because we're all actually lizards, and therefore are immune to Covid, as his main reasoning behind his anti vaccine views next.

Oh boo-fvcking hoo. An ex footballer has said some stupid things. Bring me my smelling salts and call for the lynch mob.

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 21:19 - Apr 7 with 2318 viewsRon11

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 20:44 - Apr 7 by Chesham_Saint

Oh boo-fvcking hoo. An ex footballer has said some stupid things. Bring me my smelling salts and call for the lynch mob.

Just as I imagined your response would be.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 21:40 - Apr 7 with 2284 viewsSadoldgit

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:33 - Apr 7 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, he has a right to freedom of speech within the law. He is certainly being very controversial, but whilst I don't agree with him, who knows what goes on in this world. The media and the west, said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, there weren't. Many scientists now claiming that the lockdowns were probably unnecessary, and only the elderly and vulnerable should have been isolated. Agreeing with a statement, suggesting that Ukraine civilians were making things up about their treatment from the Russians seems ridiculous yes, but you know what as I said, who knows the truth about anything. It's money, spin, box ticking, scandals going on everywhere. We are all subconsciously coerced all the time, Matt is entitled to his view within the law, however strange or shocking it might seem to others.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 17:36]

The media did not say there were weapons of mass destruction. They reported that is what was being said. Same with Covid. They just report what is being said by ministers, scientists etc. without “the media” you would have to get your news from Twitter and other social media outlets. Think about that for a minute. I don’t think anyone is saying that MLT is not entitled to his view, but in this case, where there is very clear evidence of murder and rape of civilians, inferring that it is just propaganda is setting yourself up as an ill informed conspiracy theorist at best, a stupid tw at at worst.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 22:28 - Apr 7 with 2216 viewsDorsetIan

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 20:44 - Apr 7 by Chesham_Saint

Aren't most people just pitying him and agreeing that he has crazied himself out of being a Saints ambassador?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 23:07 - Apr 7 with 2180 viewsChesham_Saint

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 21:19 - Apr 7 by Ron11

Just as I imagined your response would be.

I’m pleased you’re pleased.

Now, back to football.

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 11:18 - Apr 8 with 2067 viewsPoirot

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 17:25 - Apr 7 by SaintNick

I have no red & white rose tinted spectacles, I just defend his right to say what he likes as long as it is not racist, homophobic etc

So you endorse him saying things that are misinformation during a public health crisis ? Pure fake made up rubbish btw There are people in this country and all around the world now dead because of what he and his cranks posted on social media.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 11:26 - Apr 8 with 2062 viewsChesham_Saint

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 11:18 - Apr 8 by Poirot

So you endorse him saying things that are misinformation during a public health crisis ? Pure fake made up rubbish btw There are people in this country and all around the world now dead because of what he and his cranks posted on social media.

I think you’re missing the point. He defends his right to say them, NOT what he’s saying.

There’s a big difference between the two.

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 11:59 - Apr 8 with 2035 viewsPoirot

Heres a fact in WW2 the allies 'cancelled' adolf hitler.
Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 16:50 - Apr 8 with 1960 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/20055215.exclusive-saints-legend-matt-le-tissie

Matt says he was wrong.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 16:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 09:34 - Apr 9 with 1738 viewsSaintNick

Irony Not Lost As Le Tissier Steps Down As Southampton FC Ambassador on 11:18 - Apr 8 by Poirot

You dont read what I say, I dont agree or endorse his views, I merely defend his right to say them, that is called freedom of speech, something that Ironically the people of Ukraine are fighting for and the Russian people dont have.

Someone here said that in WW2 the allies cancelled Hitler, that is true, but you can still buy a copy of Mein Kampf if you want to read what he stood for, cancelling freedom of speech and opinion is not democratic, no matter how odious we might find the rules.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024