Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2022 cricket season 11:22 - Apr 14 with 42055 viewsD_Alien

So Lancs finally start against Kent at Canterbury, a game behind most of their rivals (except Yorkshire)

We're back to a post-Covid more traditional two-division setup with more red ball cricket being played mid-summer

No Jimmy Anderson in the line-up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:37 - Apr 14 with 11915 viewsAtThePeake

ECB have prevented Jimmy from playing. Bizarre decision.

Tangled up in blue.

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:46 - Apr 14 with 11898 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:37 - Apr 14 by AtThePeake

You would assume that they have already decided/had it indicated to pick him for the summer England games, otherwise it makes no sense. Even then as the next test is June 2nd I would have thought a couple of games in advance would be of benefit after a long lay off
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:26 - Apr 14 with 11868 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:37 - Apr 14 by AtThePeake

That really is odd

Think i read somewhere that Joe Root and Johnny Bairstow had been given dispensation by Yorkshire (i.e. not an ECB requirement) not to play in their opening fixture

As NM says, Jimmy could do with a bit of bowling just to get him grooving again. Wonder what he thinks of it. Apparent hasn't had much by way of communication...

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/james-anderson-on-england-dropping-ive-stoppe

Edit: just read to the bottom of that article, and it states he's been made available for 4 of the 6 fixtures ahead of the opening test
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 12:29]

T' 2022 cricket season on 10:48 - Apr 15 with 11704 viewsisitme

Good first day of the season for Lancs with tons for Croft and Vilas. The pitch is supposed to be flat so ideally a big first innings score and Parkinson can spin them out.

I suppose the big news is Root standing down as captain. There is no obvious candidate and hopefully Stokes is not burdened with it by default. With team selection in flux who is actually certain of being picked who could captain the side. I saw the other day that Vince has said he would be happy to captain England!
T' 2022 cricket season on 11:27 - Apr 15 with 11679 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 10:48 - Apr 15 by isitme

Good first day of the season for Lancs with tons for Croft and Vilas. The pitch is supposed to be flat so ideally a big first innings score and Parkinson can spin them out.

I suppose the big news is Root standing down as captain. There is no obvious candidate and hopefully Stokes is not burdened with it by default. With team selection in flux who is actually certain of being picked who could captain the side. I saw the other day that Vince has said he would be happy to captain England!

Right decision by Root, taking it into his own hands rather than possibly being pushed by incoming new management

Lancs taking full advantage with the bat, and perhaps Jimmy's glad he's not having to bowl on that pitch!

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:50 - Apr 15 with 11594 viewsisitme

First part done. Three late wickets for Parkinson on a flat wicket.
T' 2022 cricket season on 15:02 - Apr 16 with 11499 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:50 - Apr 15 by isitme

First part done. Three late wickets for Parkinson on a flat wicket.

Kent all out for 260, still 246 behind

4 wickets for Parkinson

Lancs enforce the follow-on
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 15:09]

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 11337 viewsD_Alien

Victory by 10 wickets

Without Anderson and Mahmood too (both may have benefited from not playing on a very flat wicket)

Kent made a decent fight of it to take it into the final session. Shout out to Ben Compton (of the dynasty) who batted throughout both innings for two tons

Login to get fewer ads

T' 2022 cricket season on 21:21 - Apr 17 with 11212 viewsAtThePeake

T' 2022 cricket season on 17:13 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Victory by 10 wickets

Without Anderson and Mahmood too (both may have benefited from not playing on a very flat wicket)

Kent made a decent fight of it to take it into the final session. Shout out to Ben Compton (of the dynasty) who batted throughout both innings for two tons

Decent debut from Hassan Ali too. Got the breakthrough wicket to end the Compton/Qadri partnership and ended with fairly strong figures in both innings.

Tangled up in blue.

T' 2022 cricket season on 11:21 - Apr 21 with 10926 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 21:21 - Apr 17 by AtThePeake

Decent debut from Hassan Ali too. Got the breakthrough wicket to end the Compton/Qadri partnership and ended with fairly strong figures in both innings.

Jimmy and Mahmood both playing today

Gloucs chosen to bat at OT, Ali's opening the bowling with Jimmy

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:50 - Apr 21 with 10870 viewsBigKindo

Glos. 150 for 6. Ali missed out on hat trick but had a double wicket maiden.
T' 2022 cricket season on 16:16 - Apr 21 with 10841 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 15:50 - Apr 21 by BigKindo

Glos. 150 for 6. Ali missed out on hat trick but had a double wicket maiden.

incredible difference between the 2 sessions. No wickets in the first one, and 6 in the second including a spell where they moved from 119-0 to 150 for 6 !!. it will be good if we can mop them up today
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:19 - Apr 21 with 10769 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 16:16 - Apr 21 by Nigeriamark

incredible difference between the 2 sessions. No wickets in the first one, and 6 in the second including a spell where they moved from 119-0 to 150 for 6 !!. it will be good if we can mop them up today

What a turnaround from 119-0 to 252 all out. 6 for Ali is a great return. Negotiate the last few overs tonight and make hay tomorrow.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:20 - Apr 21 with 10769 viewsBigKindo

Glos 252 all out. Hassan took 6.for 47. No wickets for Jimco
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:46 - Apr 21 with 10747 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:20 - Apr 21 by BigKindo

Glos 252 all out. Hassan took 6.for 47. No wickets for Jimco

Finished 11-1 with a stupid run out. Hopefully it won't affect us getting 350+ in this innings but was a needless wicket
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:30 - Apr 22 with 10587 viewsisitme

Another good day for Lancs. How much Bohannon has improved over the past few seasons. He has become the first choice batsman in red ball cricket and is certainly challenging for England.
T' 2022 cricket season on 13:00 - Apr 23 with 10479 viewsD_Alien

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:30 - Apr 22 by isitme

Another good day for Lancs. How much Bohannon has improved over the past few seasons. He has become the first choice batsman in red ball cricket and is certainly challenging for England.

Double ton for Bohannon, ton for Vilas; plus three consecutive century stands, great stuff

Cracking article on Bohannon:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-division-one-2022-129765

T' 2022 cricket season on 13:22 - Apr 23 with 10461 viewsjonahwhereru

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:30 - Apr 22 by isitme

Bohannon’s progress has been a joy to observe. From the moment he stepped into the first team, batting I think at 7, he has progressed at a constant rate, and is now the best batsman in the team from my perspective. He rise has coincided with the batting of the team becoming more solid.
You never knew what you were getting with Davies and Jennings and Habeeb was an enigma, as is Livingstone.
No longer are we relying on the bowlers to keep us in games. So looking forward to the rest of the county season.
T' 2022 cricket season on 14:43 - Apr 23 with 10404 viewsisitme

I agree. He was often derided by many (including me) when he first broke into the side but fair play to the lad. With Lawrence injured he could get an England call for the first test. It's also good that he has been batting at 3. There are lots of 5/6s in the English game but not many 3s who are scoring heavily.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:02 - Apr 24 with 10279 viewsjonahwhereru

Phew, I didn’t expect that to go down to the wire at lunch time. Another innings victory and this time by grinding it out.
Fair play to Glos they really gave it a go to hang on.
T' 2022 cricket season on 18:26 - Apr 24 with 10252 viewsisitme

Another good result. Again fair play to Glos for digging in. Warner face over 100 balls. It is good that the games have been played on flat wickets so that Mahmood and Parkinson can develop and have to earn wickets rather than playing in conditions that are too favourable to the bowlers.
T' 2022 cricket season on 22:43 - Apr 24 with 10144 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2022 cricket season on 18:26 - Apr 24 by isitme

Another good result. Again fair play to Glos for digging in. Warner face over 100 balls. It is good that the games have been played on flat wickets so that Mahmood and Parkinson can develop and have to earn wickets rather than playing in conditions that are too favourable to the bowlers.

I was watching it in an airport and had to board with 9 wickets down and 5 overs remaining. I thought Glos would hang on but pleased to see the result when I landed. Great start to the season for Lancs. I think we lose Ali after 6 matches then possibly Jimmy and Mahmood for some so we need to get a few more wins in this first round of matches. That Yorker yesterday by Ali and his first dismissal today with the inswinger were top drawer
T' 2022 cricket season on 06:58 - Apr 25 with 10087 viewsfrenzied

A great start ..both went to the wire.
Next game Hampshire who have also started well.

The team seems to have good balance throughout ..hopefully we can fill in the gaps where some players are unavailable
T' 2022 cricket season on 08:01 - Apr 25 with 10058 viewsisitme

T' 2022 cricket season on 06:58 - Apr 25 by frenzied

A great start ..both went to the wire.
Next game Hampshire who have also started well.

The team seems to have good balance throughout ..hopefully we can fill in the gaps where some players are unavailable

Around the counties it is a bit last seamer standing at the moment. Archer, Woakes, Fisher, Stone, Robinson, Carse are all injured and Broad has yet to play a game this season. There are a number of other decent county bowlers out injured including Luke Wood, who, with Bailey would look to figure more when Ali's six games are up and if Anderson and/or Mahmood get called up. Looking at the scores during the first three rounds of the Championship it appears that counties are making flatter pitches and the weather has been decent for cricket - no green tops under cloudy skies.

Lancashire has some depth with Bailey and Wood not playing this game and Lamb being in effect playing as the 5th seamer behind Balderson. Later in the summer if the weather is a good there is also the option of playing two spinners with Hartley and Morley being decent options. After the IPL Livingstone could possible play as a second spinner with his 'all sorts bag of tricks' spin. I suspect Blatherwick is the 'resources stretched' depth option seamer as Hurt tends to play more white ball cricket. Boyden should see some exposure probably in the Royal London Cup (when the Hundred is on). He is a left armer and was one of the players of the tournament during the recent under 19 world cup. I would not be surprised if they did target an overseas seamer for the later stages of the County Championship, depending on who is fit and available. I would be more concerned about the batting depth if Bohannon gets called up, although Jennings is yet to play and Livingstone and Buttler will be available after the IPL. Hopefully Croft and Vilas will keep up their good starts to the season.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 8:02]
T' 2022 cricket season on 12:22 - Apr 28 with 9827 viewsD_Alien

Stokes named as test captain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61163496

I'm guessing he felt it was an opportunity he couldn't turn down after being offered the role by the new "MD of England cricket" Rob Key. That must've taken some working out... but since Stokes has yet to return to action after suffering a further strain in the West Indies, i hope Key's got a Plan B

Meanwhile, Hants chose to bat but Jimmy and Hasan have them at 42-5

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024