Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread 18:49 - Apr 17 with 19669 viewsHullDale

No interviews etc this week, presumably because of the short turn around from Friday.

By my reckoning we need 2 points (or an Oldham loss) to guarantee safety, but seeing as we're virtually there I'd love to see us just go all out attack and see what our creative players can do. Lets get at them and try to just create chances for Charman, I agree with another poster that a goal tomorrow will do him the world of good.

Presuming everyone is fit, I'd like to see..

Lynch
Taylor Downing Dorsett
O'Keeffe O'Connell Kelly Clark
Grant Charman Cashman

Hartlepool are 3rd bottom of the form table, scoring a goal per match but conceding just more than
1.5 per match too... good opportunity for us to put a performance in in front of hopefully a bigger crowd.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 22:00 - Apr 17 with 7848 viewsboromat

Don't disagree although I'd be tempted to give Cashman a rest maybe give Odoh his first start in a while. If Kelly isn't available it'd be great to see Brierley recalled and get some minutes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:21 - Apr 18 with 7422 viewsTVOS1907

This afternoon's game is the 140th league meeting between Dale and Hartlepool, continuing the record of it being the most played fixture between two teams currently in the EFL...

Also, this afternoon, Hartlepool visit Spotland for the 75th time in all competitions, which is more times than any other current EFL club...

Not only that, but Hartlepool are visiting Spotland for the 70th time in league football, taking them past Darlington as our most played opponents in league football ...

And, today we are playing on 18th April for the 27th time. Only Boxing Day (68) and New Year's Day (32) have seen Dale in action more often!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:31 - Apr 18 with 7413 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:21 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

This afternoon's game is the 140th league meeting between Dale and Hartlepool, continuing the record of it being the most played fixture between two teams currently in the EFL...

Also, this afternoon, Hartlepool visit Spotland for the 75th time in all competitions, which is more times than any other current EFL club...

Not only that, but Hartlepool are visiting Spotland for the 70th time in league football, taking them past Darlington as our most played opponents in league football ...

And, today we are playing on 18th April for the 27th time. Only Boxing Day (68) and New Year's Day (32) have seen Dale in action more often!

Your spreadsheet will be smoking after that...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:36 - Apr 18 with 7371 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:31 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

Your spreadsheet will be smoking after that...

Ha, if only. Easy stats that were already in the bag for today's TVOS.

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 13:27 - Apr 18 with 7306 viewsdiver

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:21 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Do you have comparable rainfall figures for Hartlepool and Rochdale for last 50 years ?
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 13:39 - Apr 18 with 7231 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 13:27 - Apr 18 by diver

Do you have comparable rainfall figures for Hartlepool and Rochdale for last 50 years ?

Not yet.

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 7231 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 12:36 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Ha, if only. Easy stats that were already in the bag for today's TVOS.

Easy, you say?

Got me thinking about least played-on date?

Suppose it'd have to be between the period from 1 September to 30 April, and excluding 29 February and Christmas Day (although i remember my dad telling me he'd attended a Dale match on Christmas Day morning when he was much younger!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 7168 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 13:48 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

Easy, you say?

Got me thinking about least played-on date?

Suppose it'd have to be between the period from 1 September to 30 April, and excluding 29 February and Christmas Day (although i remember my dad telling me he'd attended a Dale match on Christmas Day morning when he was much younger!)

Off to the match now, I'll give you the answer later...

Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 14:01 - Apr 18 with 7183 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 14:04 - Apr 18 with 7164 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 7000 viewsboromat

Attacking bench. Pretty conservative line up. Be interesting to see who starts in midfield today got a feeling it'll be Keohane. It's ashame they've decided to leave Brierley out on loan but if he's playing there might be for the best if Kelly or Broadbent could be back next game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 14:56 - Apr 18 with 6911 views_Windydale

That bombay sandwich was great but lying abit heavy

I hope the performance is going to keep me awake.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:12 - Apr 18 with 6841 viewsDaleFan7

0-1. Brilliant dummy by Dooley on the edge of his own box. Worth a contract extension.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:14 - Apr 18 with 6815 viewsNigeriamark

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:12 - Apr 18 by DaleFan7

0-1. Brilliant dummy by Dooley on the edge of his own box. Worth a contract extension.

Poor by Dooley but the defending by O'keefe was even worse. They played it out to the right wing & their player crosses towards the far post. O'keefe completely leaves his man who hits it home from only 3 yards
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:28 - Apr 18 with 6685 viewsBazzanne

This has been 25 minutes of abject rubbish.
Boring crap.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:49 - Apr 18 with 6514 viewsBazzanne

Now 45 minutes of abject rubbish
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:52 - Apr 18 with 6462 viewsNigeriamark

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:28 - Apr 18 by Bazzanne

This has been 25 minutes of abject rubbish.
Boring crap.

1-0 HT. Marginally better than the last match because we have had 2 very good chances. Done chips the keeper & it comes back of the bar. Charman looks like he will slot in the rebound but their defender puts in a great last ditch tackle. Soon after a great cross from the left from Clark gives Charman a free header from 6 yards out & he fluffs it. They haveshaded the first half & have certainly come to attack which may have surprised us.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:53 - Apr 18 with 6459 viewsDaleFan7

Would have thought there'd be more passion and urgency from those playing for a contract but there's nothing.

Some of these players won't see the FL again.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:59 - Apr 18 with 6369 viewsrichfoad32

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 15:52 - Apr 18 by Nigeriamark

1-0 HT. Marginally better than the last match because we have had 2 very good chances. Done chips the keeper & it comes back of the bar. Charman looks like he will slot in the rebound but their defender puts in a great last ditch tackle. Soon after a great cross from the left from Clark gives Charman a free header from 6 yards out & he fluffs it. They haveshaded the first half & have certainly come to attack which may have surprised us.

Hartlepool are safe and have nothing to play for, certainly shouldn't have surprised us that they are having a go. Shame Charman missed the header, he's working hard and generally having a decent game, a goal will do him the world of good. Looking forward to see what he can do after a full preseason.
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:16 - Apr 18 with 6231 viewsSuddenLad

Meanwhile Jake Beesley bags a brace for Blackpool.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:29 - Apr 18 with 6115 viewsNigeriamark

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:16 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

Meanwhile Jake Beesley bags a brace for Blackpool.

1-1. Sub at half time with Odoh coming on for O'keefe ( Keohane goes to fullback). Has changed the nature of the game completely. Odoh involved from the start & is running at them. Goal cam from a great move down the left. Clarke puts in a low cross & Keohane taps home

As I type we have just had a goal by Clark ruled out for offside. Certainly a tight one

We should have played like this from the start of the Walsall game

Edit: just watched the disallowed goal. Downing's cross to Clark doesn't look to go forward. I think that's a bad call from the officials
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 16:32]
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:29 - Apr 18 with 6112 viewsblackdogblue

BIFFOs getting stuffed.. looking safe now 🤞

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:40 - Apr 18 with 6010 viewsSandyDrum

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:29 - Apr 18 by Nigeriamark

1-1. Sub at half time with Odoh coming on for O'keefe ( Keohane goes to fullback). Has changed the nature of the game completely. Odoh involved from the start & is running at them. Goal cam from a great move down the left. Clarke puts in a low cross & Keohane taps home

As I type we have just had a goal by Clark ruled out for offside. Certainly a tight one

We should have played like this from the start of the Walsall game

Edit: just watched the disallowed goal. Downing's cross to Clark doesn't look to go forward. I think that's a bad call from the officials
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 16:32]

If I’m correct, the direction of the ball doesn’t matter, the ball can go backwards and if a player in an offside position touches it then it’s still offside. I may be wrong though.

I think Clark was offside and it was the correct decision, close call but looks right.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:57 - Apr 18 with 5894 viewsNigeriamark

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:40 - Apr 18 by SandyDrum

If I’m correct, the direction of the ball doesn’t matter, the ball can go backwards and if a player in an offside position touches it then it’s still offside. I may be wrong though.

I think Clark was offside and it was the correct decision, close call but looks right.

2-1 Dale & a contender for goal of the season from EOC. Gets the ball just outside his own penalty area, runs 50 yards & unleashes a 25 yard unstoppable drive. Superb

EDIT: 60 seconds later FT whistle goes.

What a turnaround from the first half. fair play for RS for changing it up, but we should have been like that from the start

3 great points & what a finish
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 16:58]
Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 17:01 - Apr 18 with 5816 viewsnordenblue

Hartlepool United (h) Match Thread on 16:57 - Apr 18 by Nigeriamark

2-1 Dale & a contender for goal of the season from EOC. Gets the ball just outside his own penalty area, runs 50 yards & unleashes a 25 yard unstoppable drive. Superb

EDIT: 60 seconds later FT whistle goes.

What a turnaround from the first half. fair play for RS for changing it up, but we should have been like that from the start

3 great points & what a finish
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 16:58]

That wasn't a bad finish....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024