Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… 09:34 - May 29 with 2667 viewssaints__fan__73

YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 09:42 - May 29 with 2639 viewsChesham_Saint

Here’s a question. Why, when they have loads of chances to see their team play in Europe do Rangers and Liverpool (and others) have literally thousands of extra ticketless fans follow them to a final they have no chance of getting in to? What’s the point? Don’t these fvckers work/have families to look after/feed etc?

The cost of getting and staying there must be exhorbitant so where do that many “salt of the earth” fans find a couple of grand lying around to fund it?

They can’t all be single lads in well paid Jobs surely?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 10:33 - May 29 with 2523 viewsSaintNick

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 09:42 - May 29 by Chesham_Saint

Here’s a question. Why, when they have loads of chances to see their team play in Europe do Rangers and Liverpool (and others) have literally thousands of extra ticketless fans follow them to a final they have no chance of getting in to? What’s the point? Don’t these fvckers work/have families to look after/feed etc?

The cost of getting and staying there must be exhorbitant so where do that many “salt of the earth” fans find a couple of grand lying around to fund it?

Good question, the same was asked 3 years ago when Liverpool played Spurs in Madrid, Liverpool took around 80,000 fans of which less than a quarter had tickets, whereas Spurs although there would have been ticketless fans over there,maybe a few thousand or so, in the main just those that had tickets travelled.

The stock answer is perhaps that for certain teams for their fans it is a way of life and not just a hobby, in England perhaps only Liverpool & Manchester United are generally global and can pull in these numbers, but I would say that if they reached a final Everton & Newcastle could probably take big ticketless numbers for a European final, past that though it is hard to see any other club doing so.

Another reason could be that so many Liverpool fans on Merseyside have been ousted from seeing their own team and cant get tickets even for home games, it is their one chance to have a trip away and be part of their team.

Those like saintsfan73 love to hate Liverpool and it seems for many Saints fans these days hating Liverpool and seeing them fail is more important to them than anything else in football, hence the anti Liverpool songs at Leicester on the final day.

Saints fans, not just on here love to slag Liverpool fans off and call them plastics, perhaps one of you would like to come up to Anfield next season and ask them why they follow the team in such numbers and at the same time explain to them why when we had a rare chance of glory we had 10,000 tickets unsold at Wembley in 2018.

Tell a scouser that you didn't bother going to an FA Cup semi final because £30 was too much to pay for a ticket or the view was too high up or even that you weren't being entertained and they would laugh in your face

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:09 - May 29 with 2434 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 10:33 - May 29 by SaintNick

Good question, the same was asked 3 years ago when Liverpool played Spurs in Madrid, Liverpool took around 80,000 fans of which less than a quarter had tickets, whereas Spurs although there would have been ticketless fans over there,maybe a few thousand or so, in the main just those that had tickets travelled.

The stock answer is perhaps that for certain teams for their fans it is a way of life and not just a hobby, in England perhaps only Liverpool & Manchester United are generally global and can pull in these numbers, but I would say that if they reached a final Everton & Newcastle could probably take big ticketless numbers for a European final, past that though it is hard to see any other club doing so.

Another reason could be that so many Liverpool fans on Merseyside have been ousted from seeing their own team and cant get tickets even for home games, it is their one chance to have a trip away and be part of their team.

Those like saintsfan73 love to hate Liverpool and it seems for many Saints fans these days hating Liverpool and seeing them fail is more important to them than anything else in football, hence the anti Liverpool songs at Leicester on the final day.

Saints fans, not just on here love to slag Liverpool fans off and call them plastics, perhaps one of you would like to come up to Anfield next season and ask them why they follow the team in such numbers and at the same time explain to them why when we had a rare chance of glory we had 10,000 tickets unsold at Wembley in 2018.

Tell a scouser that you didn't bother going to an FA Cup semi final because £30 was too much to pay for a ticket or the view was too high up or even that you weren't being entertained and they would laugh in your face

No need to travel to Anfield. Just a few doors down there is a Liverpool fan and as ST said, loads from Southampton. They are plastics (attention seeking, arrogant pr!cks) taking supporters away from my team in my own city. I don't like plastics across my city when they should be supporting their local team. It's actually terrible for football (and Saints) when more and more people are supporting the craze of Liverpool rather than their local club. Amongst other things, that's why proper Saints fans (and many other fans of other teams) like to see them fail, to teach those plastics a lesson. The more successful Liverpool are, the more plastics there are, and the worse it is for Saints. So you encourage that? Some Saints fan you are.

And I thought the Scousers were hard up? Feed the kids, nah, they would rather buy a £30 ticket for a match and spent £100 for the train. Yes, all very good to be a Scouser as you suggest, football before family, then complain they don't have any money and how the authorities fail them. Very commendable as you suggest, football before family. And you seem to forget, they win, Saints never do. Would like to see them all clambering for tickets if they were rubbish. The only team to boo William at Wembley? Yeah right, he personally deserved that didn't he. Your continuous standing up for that club, is nauseating and puts every proper Saints fan right off. They have done nothing for Saints and the sooner they f0ck off to their super league the better.
[Post edited 29 May 2022 12:25]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:25 - May 29 with 2406 viewsPatfromPoole

Irish
Travellers

A link possibly there somewhere…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:29 - May 29 with 2393 viewsSaintNick

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:09 - May 29 by Saintsforeverj

No need to travel to Anfield. Just a few doors down there is a Liverpool fan and as ST said, loads from Southampton. They are plastics (attention seeking, arrogant pr!cks) taking supporters away from my team in my own city. I don't like plastics across my city when they should be supporting their local team. It's actually terrible for football (and Saints) when more and more people are supporting the craze of Liverpool rather than their local club. Amongst other things, that's why proper Saints fans (and many other fans of other teams) like to see them fail, to teach those plastics a lesson. The more successful Liverpool are, the more plastics there are, and the worse it is for Saints. So you encourage that? Some Saints fan you are.

And I thought the Scousers were hard up? Feed the kids, nah, they would rather buy a £30 ticket for a match and spent £100 for the train. Yes, all very good to be a Scouser as you suggest, football before family, then complain they don't have any money and how the authorities fail them. Very commendable as you suggest, football before family. And you seem to forget, they win, Saints never do. Would like to see them all clambering for tickets if they were rubbish. The only team to boo William at Wembley? Yeah right, he personally deserved that didn't he. Your continuous standing up for that club, is nauseating and puts every proper Saints fan right off. They have done nothing for Saints and the sooner they f0ck off to their super league the better.
[Post edited 29 May 2022 12:25]

Im not talking about the people who just follow a team from an area that they have no affinity with but those that actually go to matches.

I agree with you I dont like plastic fans in Southampton who dont support their team, but I actually feel just as much resentment these days to those who seem to take pleasure in telling everyone that they wont be renewing season tickets because the team finished 15th, and who slag off the club for not investing when they are not prepared to invest their own money in tickets themselves.

We had 10,000 empty seats at Wembley in 2018 that didnt boo the national anthem or Prince William , that day was the most embarrasing of my Saints supporting life.

Your point about scousers being hard up is very strange, given that they get a max 3,000 tickets for away games there won't be many starving kids in Liverpool that weekend .

Its not football before family, family is part of football, you say would they clamour for tickets if they were rubbish, well the evidence is yes, they were rubbish for the best part of 25 years yet theyr still filled Anfield , as Solent Toffee will tell you, Everton have sold out home and away for years and have been rubbish, I dont see Everton fans being slagged off for putting football before family.

I dont stand up for the plastic liverpool fans, I stand up for the ones who are just like me, followed their team for 30 years plus who have now seen their club ripped from them and given to the plastics, at Saints being a season ticket holder guarantees a ticket for any big game, at Liverpool it guarantees you nothing.

It is bizarre i know about 50 Liverpool fans on Merseyside who go to every game yet didn't get a sniff of a ticket last night, my cousin who has lived in Australia for 40 years got one in the ballot because he is a Liverpool member.

I agree I want them and all the big clubs to f*** off to a superleague, that wont stop be feeling for the genuine fans at all of those clubs who hate what they have become and dont want that.

I can see why Saints fans want Liverpool to fail because of all the plastics, but truly there is now an obsession about them, I can't see why, aside from buying a few of our players a few years ago they have done nothing to us. Over the years United, Spurs and even Arsenal have taken more from us, they all have many plastici fans but not the same hatred.

What I stick up for is the reality and not the popularist view, I dont tar every liverpool fan with the same brush, I dont generalise.

The real sad ironic thing here is that social media is full of Saints fans who during the week where boasting they would not be supporting the team next season by renewing their season tickets and then the next day are slagging off liverpool fans for basically going to support their team.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:48 - May 29 with 2354 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:29 - May 29 by SaintNick

Im not talking about the people who just follow a team from an area that they have no affinity with but those that actually go to matches.

I agree with you I dont like plastic fans in Southampton who dont support their team, but I actually feel just as much resentment these days to those who seem to take pleasure in telling everyone that they wont be renewing season tickets because the team finished 15th, and who slag off the club for not investing when they are not prepared to invest their own money in tickets themselves.

We had 10,000 empty seats at Wembley in 2018 that didnt boo the national anthem or Prince William , that day was the most embarrasing of my Saints supporting life.

Your point about scousers being hard up is very strange, given that they get a max 3,000 tickets for away games there won't be many starving kids in Liverpool that weekend .

Its not football before family, family is part of football, you say would they clamour for tickets if they were rubbish, well the evidence is yes, they were rubbish for the best part of 25 years yet theyr still filled Anfield , as Solent Toffee will tell you, Everton have sold out home and away for years and have been rubbish, I dont see Everton fans being slagged off for putting football before family.

I dont stand up for the plastic liverpool fans, I stand up for the ones who are just like me, followed their team for 30 years plus who have now seen their club ripped from them and given to the plastics, at Saints being a season ticket holder guarantees a ticket for any big game, at Liverpool it guarantees you nothing.

It is bizarre i know about 50 Liverpool fans on Merseyside who go to every game yet didn't get a sniff of a ticket last night, my cousin who has lived in Australia for 40 years got one in the ballot because he is a Liverpool member.

I agree I want them and all the big clubs to f*** off to a superleague, that wont stop be feeling for the genuine fans at all of those clubs who hate what they have become and dont want that.

I can see why Saints fans want Liverpool to fail because of all the plastics, but truly there is now an obsession about them, I can't see why, aside from buying a few of our players a few years ago they have done nothing to us. Over the years United, Spurs and even Arsenal have taken more from us, they all have many plastici fans but not the same hatred.

What I stick up for is the reality and not the popularist view, I dont tar every liverpool fan with the same brush, I dont generalise.

The real sad ironic thing here is that social media is full of Saints fans who during the week where boasting they would not be supporting the team next season by renewing their season tickets and then the next day are slagging off liverpool fans for basically going to support their team.

But don't tar all Saints fans with the same brush either. Those on social media not getting season tickets is not the loyal fanbase. My family and I have had season tickets for last 25 years non stop, in the lower leagues and the bad times. I have friends who are the same. I am Saints through and through and don't like any of our rivals, I'm Saints end of and always there. But we don't have the numbers and we success starved. A few of our own plastics only come when we are good, but there is no comparison with Liverpool. Since when were they in the lower leagues struggling? They don't have to suffer like that. They have won far more than us so that encourages the numbers, it's not rocket science.

But don't you get it? There are 10 000 empty seats because many in Southampton are supporting Liverpool. The more successful they are, the less fans we have. We also all knew we would lose to Chelsea in a semi final. It's the opposite for Liverpool. And yes, it tends to be the craze of Liverpool. They don't support Man City, Arsenal or even Man U nowadays. It's Liverpool from Shirley and all around me. It gets right on my nerves. And I was there at Wembley for that game. I also didn't like it when there were empty seats, but we have less fans. As I said many support Liverpool, even from Shirley, Eastleigh and many more from Winchester and beyond. Hence I don't like them.

And the point about Liverpool fans in Liverpool, is that they shout loudly about how hard up they are and how they boo the national anthem because Liverpool is left behind. I'm not slagging them off for putting football before family, i'm saying they can't be as hard up as they say they are. So they are just attention seeking then aren't they. They set the tone by booing anthems, and complaining about how hard up they are. If they don't like William and a 96 year old respectable lady, why not just keep quiet in a jubilee year? Every other club doesn't feel the need to boo them. The Prince's Trust has in fact done a lot of work for charity in Liverpool and many other cities. Yet they boo. Just them, just the scousers. "We're not English". They make these statements, noone else in England says that.

As for last night, well they had loads of fake tickets. Your defence of them is astonishing. They are always in the news, always controversial, always in our face.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-108651
[Post edited 29 May 2022 13:12]

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 13:01 - May 29 with 2320 viewsTripleNiemi

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 12:29 - May 29 by SaintNick

Part of me is totally with you (for instance, a Season Ticket at Saints means you can obtain a ticket to all the big games whereas at Anfield it guarantees you nothing such). A case in example was the Liverpool fan who for their FA Cup final couldn't get a ticket; Season Ticket holder for 20+ years, been to 90% of Liverpools away games this season yet was fuming cos some TV / chef / personality the 'Big Zuu' had several tickets and was offering them to 'fans from abroad' (who supported LFC) since 'that is what football is all about' (as these tourists could never get to the games so he was doing 'what is right!!') It simply reinforces all that is wrong with football. The Scousers were rightly up in arms however THAT SAID, i am sorry, the reason the likes of Utd and Liverpool can prize away such talents as your Mane's and Van Dijk's are totally down to the likes of those grockles that the Big Zuu are supporting since all these contingent buy a couple of shirts, scarves etc which means their revenues dwarf the likes of us, Burnley, Norwich etc.

Whilst i do feel a very minute modicum of understanding for the fans who live in their city, you cannot have your blöody cake and eat it i'm afraid. No tourists means you would be nothing more than a Saints, Newcastle, Leicester type club.

I did thoroughly enjoy seeing them lose though as it was a fantastic sight.
[Post edited 29 May 2022 13:06]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 18:09 - May 29 with 2064 viewsChesham_Saint

Whoa! 10,000 empty seats? Really that many? I was there and it was frankly, a shit day out with a half arsed Saints team, with Shane Long totally inept up front with a shit, dour manager. I can almost understand some Saints fans not relishing the inevitability of that day.

Oh and it’s not just liverpool I dislike for plastics (Man U and Arsenal aren’t far behind) it’s their constant whingeing and anti English bollocks. So for me they can feck right off.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 20:35 - May 29 with 1956 viewssaint68

It's almost as if Nick is gutted they lost..

Never mind..let's look forward to a summer of not being stripped by his first love LFC.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 23:27 - May 29 with 1806 viewshedgeend61

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 18:09 - May 29 by Chesham_Saint

Whoa! 10,000 empty seats? Really that many? I was there and it was frankly, a shit day out with a half arsed Saints team, with Shane Long totally inept up front with a shit, dour manager. I can almost understand some Saints fans not relishing the inevitability of that day.

Oh and it’s not just liverpool I dislike for plastics (Man U and Arsenal aren’t far behind) it’s their constant whingeing and anti English bollocks. So for me they can feck right off.

Saints could have sold more tickets if the club had let S/t holders and members buy more than one ticket for family or friends. But they didn't.

The mighty moneybags Man City let anyone who'd been to just 3 or more home games buy up to 4 tickets for the Liverpool FA Cup Semi recently, and still had 10,000 empty seats.

Attendance 2018 -73,416, 2022- 73,793 so less than 400 diff.

They're PL winners and had every chance of winning, we were playing rubbish and had little chance of winning, so selling about 25k ain't that bad.
Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 07:04 - May 30 with 1676 viewsdarthvader

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 23:27 - May 29 by hedgeend61

Saints could have sold more tickets if the club had let S/t holders and members buy more than one ticket for family or friends. But they didn't.

The mighty moneybags Man City let anyone who'd been to just 3 or more home games buy up to 4 tickets for the Liverpool FA Cup Semi recently, and still had 10,000 empty seats.

Attendance 2018 -73,416, 2022- 73,793 so less than 400 diff.

They're PL winners and had every chance of winning, we were playing rubbish and had little chance of winning, so selling about 25k ain't that bad.

I was there too and Chelsea had not sold out all of theirs either so if it was 10k then between two clubs .
As i said on another thread the pathetic way the club held tickets back was awful a big block of 77 quid a ticket and you were only allowed one per member etc . Stupidity .

Obviously we werent allowed to beat Chelsea either with a perfectly good goal scored by Austin chalked off for daring to be anywhere near their goal . Inevitable big team bias bollox = lose fans to disalusionment.

keep the faith coyr

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 13:28 - May 30 with 1516 viewsBerber

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 09:42 - May 29 by Chesham_Saint

“I was in Paris when the fascist French police stormed the 30,000 ticketless fans blocking access to the stadium.” Or some such.

“If the Queen were to wear a Liverpool shirt, she might get more respect.”
Stick the lot of them in N Ireland and cut them loose.
Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 14:06 - May 30 with 1477 viewsfranniesTache

Industrial level fraud...

Don't get me wrong i'm no fan of the police and the french police are well known for being utter c*nts, but it does seem weird that this follows one club round more than anyone else.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league-final-liverpool-fa
Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 07:09 - May 31 with 1292 viewsPatfromPoole

I will observe with interest to see if the Scousers fans boo the Champions League anthem with gusto next season…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 08:00 - May 31 with 1248 viewsbarry_sanchez

I've lived up here for 20 years so I'll add my 2 pence worth.

First of Everton do sell all of their season tickets BUT they're not always taken up and they used to get the piss ripped out of them for having half season tickets from December BUT how can they compete with the franchise that is Liverpool?

The club that buys up housing in the area they're from and let it rot so they can extend their stand? This created a furthering spiral of decay, crime and boarded up houses as they saw their franchise as more important to their local community.
Liverpool sucks up all support from the area and well beyond as we all know (if we were all like that there'd only be 4/5 clubs in the country) much to the detriment of clubs far and wide, this is a club that cares more for day trippers than Liverpool fans as they don't spend any money as all they have is their 3rd generation season ticket passed down (huge black market on seasons being sold to tourists and run by very dodgy people) and want to go to the match and not waste money on a foam hand or football top.
On season tickets at Liverpool I heard that under 6000 people with an L postcode have them, if so that's 21,000 season tickets from outside the Liverpool region who go but more than 20,000 tickets are sold to days trippers and foam hand wearers, its a tourist club the would be nothing without the day trippers.
Everton are the football club of Liverpool no doubt in my mind (maybe not in numbers, South Liverpool there are lots more Liverpool fans but the north end is probably slightly more Everton but I'd say in the City its 60/40 for Liverpool) with the things they do for the community, I know people who've received stuff in the post from Everton without them asking from the club as they've been going for years where as Liverpool haven't replied to fans asking for things but that is where the club is at, looking further afield and expanding globally but a cost to their local core.
This is why the atmosphere at anfield is shite on premier league days apart from the derby and United and its supposed to be amazing on league, FA and European nights as locals can get tickets.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 8:16]

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 17:37 - May 31 with 1077 viewsSaintsforeverj

Nick Illingsworth, John Bishop, The cast of Bread… on 13:28 - May 30 by Berber

“I was in Paris when the fascist French police stormed the 30,000 ticketless fans blocking access to the stadium.” Or some such.

“If the Queen were to wear a Liverpool shirt, she might get more respect.”
Stick the lot of them in N Ireland and cut them loose.

Her Majesty wouldn't ever wear a Liverpool shirt. She has far more style, dignity, sense and elegance than that. Rumour has it, she does have one but asks her servants to use it to clean out the horse muck from the stables. Perhaps that's why the scousers take issue, but who can blame her? It's a horrible shirt.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 17:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024