Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who could it be? The answer Ethan Ebanks Landell 12:53 - Jun 13 with 8781 viewsJames1980

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 16:31]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Who could it be? on 13:01 - Jun 13 with 6723 viewsIOMDale

Ethan is back:

UTDNFS

Who could it be? on 13:03 - Jun 13 with 6709 viewsleedsdale

Who could it be? on 13:01 - Jun 13 by IOMDale

Ethan is back:

That is a belting signing, if he is anything like that loan spell. Well done Robbie!
Who could it be? on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 6639 viewsD_Alien

Great start to the summer recruitment!

Already announced on Wiki...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Who could it be? on 13:06 - Jun 13 with 6653 viewsEllDale

No complaints with that one.
Who could it be? on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 6569 viewselectricblue

This could be a good signing if he plays like his loan stint but with more experience.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who could it be? on 13:19 - Jun 13 with 6476 viewsboromat

Especially for League 2 this is a solid signing! And to get it done so quickly is great. O'Connell next and I'd start to get a bit excited.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Who could it be? on 13:19 - Jun 13 with 6479 viewsisitme

I am really pleased with this. Power, pace, experience, leadership and left sided. A real statement of intent.
Who could it be? on 13:22 - Jun 13 with 6443 viewskel

Great news and well done to the manager and board for getting this one done.
Login to get fewer ads

Who could it be? on 13:24 - Jun 13 with 6431 viewsBrierls

That's a brilliant signing tbf. The man is a beast.
Who could it be? on 13:30 - Jun 13 with 6345 viewsmikehunt

Helped keep us up with the other Ethan when last here. Disappointed to have lost him back then. Hope he carries on where he left off.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Who could it be? on 13:36 - Jun 13 with 6307 views49thseason

Now that's a statement of intent. As I recall, decent on the ball, combative and now with leadership experience. If O' Connell is leaving, a good replacement, if he isnt, an excellent pairing. The only flashing red light is his total of only 19 games last season. Out of favour or injured?
The Shropshire Star says he was injured towards the end of last season but wonders if Cotterill prefers his own signings to inherited players?
"He’s a big presence and has been a real leader for the team this year". According to the Star reporter.
Who could it be? on 14:11 - Jun 13 with 6055 viewsjonahwhereru

He piqued my interest when he appeared on the released list. I am not one who spouts about the possibility of ex players returning, so didn't say anything at the time.
Since leaving he has played another 80 games a L1 level, and the CH competition at Shrewsbury was pretty decent last year so I am not worried about only 14 appearances.
If you had said we were potentially signing a player under thirty with his experience in L1 and above I would have thought it was just rumour mill stuff.
Delighted for him and the club.
RS said quality over quantity and the first two signing definitely chime with that comment.
UTDNFS
Who could it be? on 14:49 - Jun 13 with 5802 viewsShun

Who could it be? on 13:36 - Jun 13 by 49thseason

Now that's a statement of intent. As I recall, decent on the ball, combative and now with leadership experience. If O' Connell is leaving, a good replacement, if he isnt, an excellent pairing. The only flashing red light is his total of only 19 games last season. Out of favour or injured?
The Shropshire Star says he was injured towards the end of last season but wonders if Cotterill prefers his own signings to inherited players?
"He’s a big presence and has been a real leader for the team this year". According to the Star reporter.

I doubt he was out of favour. He was Shrewsbury’s captain and plenty of Shrews fans on Twitter think he’s a hell of a signing for League Two, with one saying he was their best player over the past 2 seasons.
Who could it be? on 15:07 - Jun 13 with 5723 viewselectricblue

Got to hand it to RS his two signings so far are a statement for next season....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who could it be? on 17:09 - Jun 13 with 5243 viewsHullDale

This looks like a really good signing, and is exactly the calibre of player I hoped (but wasn't entirely confident) that we'd be signing.

Its a statement of intent, too, and the sort of news that might give confidence to other players we are in discussions with that we mean business next season.

The early signings of O'Donnell & Ebanks-Landell, coupled with COK being the latest in a long line of players to have a stint here and then move up the leagues, add weight to us being an attractive destination for players next season. The big question now... will EEL sit alongside EOC, or is he a ready made replacement?
Who could it be? on 20:10 - Jun 13 with 4762 viewsnordenblue

Who could it be? on 17:09 - Jun 13 by HullDale

This looks like a really good signing, and is exactly the calibre of player I hoped (but wasn't entirely confident) that we'd be signing.

Its a statement of intent, too, and the sort of news that might give confidence to other players we are in discussions with that we mean business next season.

The early signings of O'Donnell & Ebanks-Landell, coupled with COK being the latest in a long line of players to have a stint here and then move up the leagues, add weight to us being an attractive destination for players next season. The big question now... will EEL sit alongside EOC, or is he a ready made replacement?

I'd be very surprised if he plays alongside EOC next season, stranger things have happened though in a funny old game.
Who could it be? on 10:54 - Jun 14 with 4184 viewsBucketBstard

Sorry , I wasnt too impressed with him last time. But I must say he is an improvement on the ones we have available at present. so I suppose its good.
But please , he wasnt a world beater , or an exceptionally good defender, lets be honest!
Who could it be? on 11:11 - Jun 14 with 4103 viewsIOMDale

Who could it be? on 10:54 - Jun 14 by BucketBstard

Sorry , I wasnt too impressed with him last time. But I must say he is an improvement on the ones we have available at present. so I suppose its good.
But please , he wasnt a world beater , or an exceptionally good defender, lets be honest!

Even an improvement on Big Jim?

UTDNFS

Who could it be? on 12:37 - Jun 14 with 3914 viewsAtThePeake

"Sorry , I wasnt too impressed with him last time."

Quelle surprise.

Tangled up in blue.

Who could it be? on 12:44 - Jun 14 with 3879 viewssamueloneils

Is this the chap who used to refer to "Donkey Dorsett" ?
Who could it be? on 13:04 - Jun 14 with 3809 viewsIOMDale

Who could it be? on 12:44 - Jun 14 by samueloneils

Is this the chap who used to refer to "Donkey Dorsett" ?

... and McNumpty.

UTDNFS

Who could it be? on 13:09 - Jun 14 with 3783 viewskel

Who would you recommend we sign within budget?
Who could it be? on 13:20 - Jun 14 with 3729 views442Dale

Who could it be? on 13:09 - Jun 14 by kel

Who would you recommend we sign within budget?

Look forward to an informative response.

Also, two further questions which should be equally easy to answer when backing up an opinion:

- what were Ebanks-Landell’s weak points during his last spell at the club?
- what mistakes did he make that led to goals?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Who could it be? on 15:22 - Jun 14 with 3451 views100notout

You do seem to be very critical of a lot of dale players so I'm curious, what is your favourite Dale XI? (tm RDale)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Who could it be? on 15:33 - Jun 14 with 3409 viewssamueloneils

You could make a case for Ethan LL keeping us up that season. He came in just after Joe Rafferty left meaning that the back line was mainly himself McLaughlin McNulty or Bunny. We got as far as 22nd with 10 games to play but won 6 of those games.
As I recall the back line looked much stronger and it was definitely him calling the line.

He has played 35 times for Wolves in the Championship and 212 games in League 1. Welcome to League 2 for the first time Ethan. We need you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024