Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's summer... 12:51 - Jun 17 with 3270 viewsD_Alien

So occasionally the sun shines, the temperatures rise past 20C (into the 70sF in old money), and people relax in the warmth and light

Except... the BBC in particular can't stop itself from issuing "warnings" and banging on with article after bloody article, as if something unusual was happening and we all need to feel afraid (again). Not just the BBC of course, but imo it's the height of irresponsibility to keep this constant tirade up, stoking up anxieties for people susceptible to them. Same happens when it rains a bit harder

These are just two of the articles on the BBC news website front page - there's SIX altogther

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-61830963

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61825371

I'm off for a pint in the sunshine. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

It's summer... on 13:24 - Jun 17 with 3192 viewsTomRAFC

Couldn't agree more. Nipped for a haircut just now, and there happens to be an excellent bar across the road from the barbers. The temptation of a cold beer in the sun was irresistible. One of life's great pleasures.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

It's summer... on 13:34 - Jun 17 with 3154 viewsisitme

It is also supposed to be 15 degrees tomorrow as well, which is cold for the time of year.
It's summer... on 13:59 - Jun 17 with 3088 views49thseason

Stop watching the BBC, they tell lies and encourage others to tell lies on their channels. No criticism of the Government is too small for their headlines, no weather change too small for predictions of impending climate doom. No football news too insigificant to publish the wrong accompanying photo. No programme allowed not to mention some sort of woke ideology or support for the EU, Ukraine, BLM, cyclists, windfarms, Joe Biden, dodgy cladding or any number of crises that they lay at the door of Boris Johnson just because he doesn't own a comb... cost of living crisis, children smoking crisis, Liverpool football fans crisis, eating or heating crisis, obesity crisis, NHS crisis, foodbank crisis..... anything you enjoy crisis.
Switch them off!
It's summer... on 16:09 - Jun 17 with 2900 viewsblackdogblue

Yes it’s Summer & the Festival Period…

Went to Download with my daughter & on weds we both started to feel flu like symptoms and have both tested positive for Covid..

Spent pretty much 40 hours in bed, have had pneumonia in my life but never thought I would die like I felt yesterday

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

It's summer... on 16:39 - Jun 17 with 2838 viewsSuddenLad

It's summer... on 16:09 - Jun 17 by blackdogblue

Went to Download with my daughter & on weds we both started to feel flu like symptoms and have both tested positive for Covid..

Spent pretty much 40 hours in bed, have had pneumonia in my life but never thought I would die like I felt yesterday

Get well soon and I hope you are over the worst.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

It's summer... on 16:55 - Jun 17 with 2803 viewsboromat

Yes enjoy a beer in the sun before the impending apocalypse

Poll: What are we more excited for?

It's summer... on 16:56 - Jun 17 with 2803 viewsTomRAFC

Look after yourself, mate.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

It's summer... on 17:37 - Jun 17 with 2732 viewsMoonyDale

Hope it soon buggers off and you start to feel better again....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

It's summer... on 18:05 - Jun 17 with 2665 viewsDaleiLama

Similar tale up to a point - went to see Ed Sheeran with my g/f at Main Road (part of a reciprocal deal) on Sunday night then caught red eye to Germany Monday. Compulsory PCR test to enter customer plant Tuesday pm (negative) then felt more ropey as the week went on. Tested positive this morning, but well enough to paint the shed this afty. Lost sense of taste and smell again so using the opportunity to drink all the bottles of ale I'm less keen on taste wise. It's just another cold beer

Hope you get well soon BDB. Your club and country needs you
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 18:55]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

It's summer... on 18:43 - Jun 17 with 2591 viewsdiver

It's summer... on 13:59 - Jun 17 by 49thseason

Stop watching the BBC, they tell lies and encourage others to tell lies on their channels. No criticism of the Government is too small for their headlines, no weather change too small for predictions of impending climate doom. No football news too insigificant to publish the wrong accompanying photo. No programme allowed not to mention some sort of woke ideology or support for the EU, Ukraine, BLM, cyclists, windfarms, Joe Biden, dodgy cladding or any number of crises that they lay at the door of Boris Johnson just because he doesn't own a comb... cost of living crisis, children smoking crisis, Liverpool football fans crisis, eating or heating crisis, obesity crisis, NHS crisis, foodbank crisis..... anything you enjoy crisis.
Switch them off!

I watch Talk Radio far better.Jule Hartley Brewer and Mike Graham great no nonsense broadcasters.James Whale can be interesting too if you can cope with his style!!
It's summer... on 23:30 - Jun 17 with 2321 viewskel

Wasn’t hot in Keswick today, bloody pissing it down.

Get well soon BDB and let me know if you’d like a Highway Code dropping off for something to pass the time
It's summer... on 07:13 - Jun 18 with 2184 viewsblackdogblue

Thanks for all the posts (including Kels).. into day 3 now and hopefully over the worst of it now, cold like symptoms now but no sense of taste, in fact normal things like coffee taste weird.. strange sensation 🤔

It's summer... on 08:28 - Jun 18 with 2118 viewsDaleiLama

It's summer... on 07:13 - Jun 18 by blackdogblue

Thanks for all the posts (including Kels).. into day 3 now and hopefully over the worst of it now, cold like symptoms now but no sense of taste, in fact normal things like coffee taste weird.. strange sensation 🤔

Last time my taste and smell went gradually and came back gradually over about 5 days. Eating without the associated pleasure is a reminder that it's a basic necessity as well as normally being enjoyable.

It's summer... on 19:16 - Jun 18 with 1846 viewsblackdogblue

It's summer... on 08:28 - Jun 18 by DaleiLama

Last time my taste and smell went gradually and came back gradually over about 5 days. Eating without the associated pleasure is a reminder that it's a basic necessity as well as normally being enjoyable.

Good to know many thanks mate 👍

Missing the dog 😢

It's summer... on 22:45 - Jun 18 with 1712 viewsDaleiLama

It's summer... on 19:16 - Jun 18 by blackdogblue

Good to know many thanks mate 👍

Missing the dog 😢

I had a really bizarro moment tonight - was cooking a chilli for tea. Can do it in my sleep, but to get it tasting just right you have to adjust ingredients including herbs and spices towards the end. Tough to do if you can neither taste nor smell. I left it bubbling away and was upstairs supping a beer when I smelt the chilli. Had a slurp and could taste the beer. I shot downstairs like a scalded cat and by the time I got to the stove it was back to no taste/smell again. Apparently it was a good one. Made enough to freeze some so at least I'll get to find out one day.
That never happened to me first time around but there are so many variants now and so many individual reactions to them there isn't really a one size fits all answer to anything with Covid. Hope you continue to improve. Like most Dogs, sure it will be happy to see you when you go home

It's summer... on 00:18 - Jun 19 with 1640 viewspnc4eva1

It's summer... on 13:34 - Jun 17 by isitme

It is also supposed to be 15 degrees tomorrow as well, which is cold for the time of year.

Southerner

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024