Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dynel Simeu pre season chance 08:25 - Jun 23 with 1602 viewsandoverpedro

Dynel Simeu , I really hope this guys gets a chance and looked at pre season as he has the physical ability to cope with english football which i am afraid Bednerek has never shown .
centre back options are now looking good : Salisu, Lyanco, Kotchup, Simeu not sure that bednerek and Stephens will stay but maybe one will ? possibly sell bednerek as his mind did seem elsewhere towards the end of last season .
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 10:07 - Jun 23 with 1486 viewssaints__fan__73

Not sure that Stephens will stay? He's just been given a new contract so assume he will...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 10:57 - Jun 23 with 1422 viewsSonicBoom

I'm interested why you say our CB options are now looking good.
We have 6 players but I would not be confident in any of the combinations.
Lyanco is a cult hero but actually not very good.
Bednarek and Stephens both look shaky under pressure.
Salisu loses concentration regularly, and Kotchup and Simeu are completely unproven in the PL. I admire your optimism though.
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:08 - Jun 23 with 1405 viewsfelly1

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 10:57 - Jun 23 by SonicBoom

Salisu loses concentration regularly, and Kotchup and Simeu are completely unproven in the PL. I admire your optimism though.

An interesting if worrying story in the Echo regarding Kotchup the other day, where his former German manager praises his ability to dominate top forwards in the Bundesliga but at other times make crucial game changing errors, he also criticised him for a lack of focus and discipline during the latter part of the season.
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:11 - Jun 23 with 1402 viewsButty101

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 10:57 - Jun 23 by SonicBoom

I reckon we will lose Salisu and Bednerek. With the money they bring in we could almost get a decent one. But wont of course

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 1401 viewsfelly1

In fairness to the centre back position, I would say its arguably the toughest position to play in the team. Certainly at Premier league level. One mistake, which will invariably happen and it will lead to disaster.
If you play for Saints it's likely as a CB you will be under alot more pressure than say a Man City or even a West Ham CB due to the quality of most teams we face at this level.
Our forwards can barely score and miss routine chances but will often be praised or we're told we must persevere with.
I hope Symeu gets his chance but I hope the fans understand that he will make errors as well.
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:27 - Jun 23 with 1379 viewsI_would

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:16 - Jun 23 by felly1

In fairness to the centre back position, I would say its arguably the toughest position to play in the team. Certainly at Premier league level. One mistake, which will invariably happen and it will lead to disaster.
If you play for Saints it's likely as a CB you will be under alot more pressure than say a Man City or even a West Ham CB due to the quality of most teams we face at this level.
Our forwards can barely score and miss routine chances but will often be praised or we're told we must persevere with.
I hope Symeu gets his chance but I hope the fans understand that he will make errors as well.

It's tough being a CB at Saints over the last three years because we have an ineffective DM (who can't defend to save his life) Prowsey, leaving them open to attacks all the time. All he does every game is be too slow to tackle or anticipate, watch the goals go in, jump up in the air and do a little skip, and then slap his thighs. He's good at that!

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 12:32 - Jun 23 with 1317 viewsfelly1

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:27 - Jun 23 by I_would

It's tough being a CB at Saints over the last three years because we have an ineffective DM (who can't defend to save his life) Prowsey, leaving them open to attacks all the time. All he does every game is be too slow to tackle or anticipate, watch the goals go in, jump up in the air and do a little skip, and then slap his thighs. He's good at that!

Your harsh on Ward Prowse I Would.
Did he give you a dirty look in a nightclub or run over your cat or something. 😁😁😁
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 12:58 - Jun 23 with 1299 viewsI_would

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 12:32 - Jun 23 by felly1

Your harsh on Ward Prowse I Would.
Did he give you a dirty look in a nightclub or run over your cat or something. 😁😁😁

I'm being kind to him, don't get me started!

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 13:00 - Jun 23 with 1295 viewssaint22

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 11:08 - Jun 23 by felly1

An interesting if worrying story in the Echo regarding Kotchup the other day, where his former German manager praises his ability to dominate top forwards in the Bundesliga but at other times make crucial game changing errors, he also criticised him for a lack of focus and discipline during the latter part of the season.

Ah now i see why we signed him! Perfectly fits our MO
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 13:06 - Jun 23 with 1285 viewsSaintNick

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 10:07 - Jun 23 by saints__fan__73

Not sure that Stephens will stay? He's just been given a new contract so assume he will...

According to rumour he was not "just" given a new contract, he signed it 8 months ago before the new owners arrived,

They could well be looking to ship him out now, although it will depend on how much we are paying him as to whether we will be able to get him out permanently or just on loan

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 13:41 - Jun 23 with 1241 viewsPatfromPoole

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 13:00 - Jun 23 by saint22

Ah now i see why we signed him! Perfectly fits our MO

You beat me to it….

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 1208 viewsinthebox

Difficult position , you need a decent goalie to marshal and inspire confidence. Even VVD goes awol on occasions .
Dynel Simeu pre season chance on 21:01 - Jun 23 with 1112 viewskernow

Wanyama and Schneiderlin ensured that our centre backs' jobs were not so difficult as they were not so exposed.
Two strong defensive midfielders who are capable of alternating box to box seemed to work well back then judging by the goals against stats.
Get back to that I reckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024