Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM Article 21:22 - Jun 23 with 4005 viewsHullDale

Some absolute tosh in there... for example from Mike Minay, "The fans sometimes struggled with the style, particularly when relegation was being faced, but it was a lot more attractive and entertaining to watch."
BBM Article on 21:39 - Jun 23 with 3912 views442Dale

Embarrassing.

“ Rochdale were comfortably clear of the bottom four when the 2019/20 campaign was cut short by the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic”
Really?

“ BBC Radio Manchester journalist Mike Minay, who at the time regularly covered Rochdale, adds: “From what I remember speaking to people at the time, there was a freshness about it, new ideas from a young manager that took them forward a bit more than what they’d had.”

His most effective run that took us forward was after taking over when he employed a pragmatic, results orientated approach. For a journalist to claim otherwise is disrespectful to both the club and its supporters.

Embarrassing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM Article on 21:43 - Jun 23 with 3878 viewsIOMDale

Revisionism at its worst. Mind you, Minay admits he likes Brian as a bloke. The station may not like being labelled ‘Matey FM’ but there’s a reason for that moniker. Whatever happened to journalistic impartiality?

UTDNFS

BBM Article on 21:43 - Jun 23 with 3873 viewskel

“City duo Gavin Bazunu and Yeboah Amankwah also gained valuable senior minutes”

Aye, that Amankwah played loads of games for us.
BBM Article on 21:43 - Jun 23 with 3874 viewsTVOS1907

BBM Article on 21:39 - Jun 23 by 442Dale

Embarrassing.

“ Rochdale were comfortably clear of the bottom four when the 2019/20 campaign was cut short by the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic”
Really?

“ BBC Radio Manchester journalist Mike Minay, who at the time regularly covered Rochdale, adds: “From what I remember speaking to people at the time, there was a freshness about it, new ideas from a young manager that took them forward a bit more than what they’d had.”

His most effective run that took us forward was after taking over when he employed a pragmatic, results orientated approach. For a journalist to claim otherwise is disrespectful to both the club and its supporters.

Embarrassing.

For a start, it was the bottom three then, so that's one thing he's got wrong.

Secondly, we were four points clear of that bottom three. Hardly "comfortably clear".

I notice it's on City's official website - complete and utter propaganda.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM Article on 21:44 - Jun 23 with 3866 viewsSandyman

A lot of airbrushed nonsense in there.
No mention of the clubs worst home league run ever.
Or the invisible contract extension / pay rise.
Or the pay-off request.
Etc. Etc.
BBM Article on 21:44 - Jun 23 with 3857 viewsTVOS1907

BBM Article on 21:43 - Jun 23 by kel

“City duo Gavin Bazunu and Yeboah Amankwah also gained valuable senior minutes”

Aye, that Amankwah played loads of games for us.

Haven't we already had that debate recently?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

BBM Article on 21:47 - Jun 23 with 3838 viewskel

BBM Article on 21:44 - Jun 23 by TVOS1907

Haven't we already had that debate recently?

Indeed we have. Minay is another one who just heads to google and thinks he knows more than actual supporters of the club.

I’m sure someone will defend him though, in fact I’m sure of it.
BBM Article on 21:48 - Jun 23 with 3822 viewsTVOS1907

Roll up, roll up and join in the fun...

Login to get fewer ads

BBM Article on 21:50 - Jun 23 with 3807 viewsIOMDale

In fact, this is the sentence I take umbrage with the most:

‘where Barry-Murphy would wind down a successful playing career at Rochdale as an all-action midfielder’.

I think BBM himself would admit he was far from all-action!

UTDNFS

BBM Article on 23:43 - Jun 23 with 3528 viewsRAFCBLUE

"BBC in inaccurate portrayal of facts shocker"

Nowt changes in that regard.

Now BBM does have some thinking to do - he can stay and polish the boots of the big kids in City's Academy for many years which Steve Eyre did and was hopeless as a Number 1 manager OR he can have one more season there and then see how that fits into a wider plan of going into the game.

I still think he was lulled into the mutual back scratching of a controlled relegation - he got what he wanted by cosying up to Man City's hierarchy on an extended informal interview and Roger got what he wanted.

One thing we know - Roger did not sack BBM despite results as he did Keith Hill. You've to think that looking back a year since BBM walked out on us that the Irishman has had a better year than the former toy salesman.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

BBM Article on 10:07 - Jun 24 with 3231 viewsBucketBstard

What an absolute load of rubbish.
BBM wasnt an all action midfielder. In fact he wasnt that good at all and as a manager he could be the worst we have ever had, and thats putting him against FRMSE .
The football was dreadful, the excuses were pathetic , he was very lucky that covid kept the fans out of the stands otherwise he could of been lynched long before he asked for a nice little pay off before he jumped ship.
He is bloody hopeless and I cant believe City have employed him.
As for the journo, well as usual they dont print the truth .
BBM Article on 11:16 - Jun 24 with 3067 viewselectricblue

How do they get away with tripe like that..
There is so much is wrong with it..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

BBM Article on 12:08 - Jun 24 with 2979 viewsfinberty

"supplemented by the experience of ... Matty Done, Callum Camps, Ian Henderson and Calvin Andrew to name a few."

Yes they were some of BBM's best-ever signings.
BBM Article on 21:09 - Jun 24 with 2548 viewspioneer

BBM Article on 10:07 - Jun 24 by BucketBstard

What an absolute load of rubbish.
BBM wasnt an all action midfielder. In fact he wasnt that good at all and as a manager he could be the worst we have ever had, and thats putting him against FRMSE .
The football was dreadful, the excuses were pathetic , he was very lucky that covid kept the fans out of the stands otherwise he could of been lynched long before he asked for a nice little pay off before he jumped ship.
He is bloody hopeless and I cant believe City have employed him.
As for the journo, well as usual they dont print the truth .

Obviously you are not old enough to remember 1973-4 and Walter Joyce.
BBM Article on 09:51 - Jun 25 with 2290 viewsfitzochris

BBM Article on 21:09 - Jun 24 by pioneer

Obviously you are not old enough to remember 1973-4 and Walter Joyce.

There’s a book coming on that very subject for those who don’t.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM Article on 11:42 - Jun 25 with 2126 viewsSuddenLad

I hope it's better to read about, than it was to watch.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBM Article on 08:44 - Jun 30 with 1492 viewsDaleiLama

Whatever legacy pre-dated the secret contract extension and request for a pay-off is stained forever. Poor Citeh.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

BBM Article on 08:51 - Jun 30 with 1455 viewsfitzochris

BBM Article on 08:44 - Jun 30 by DaleiLama

Whatever legacy pre-dated the secret contract extension and request for a pay-off is stained forever. Poor Citeh.

Probably a more accurate summary than Minay's:

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/07/01/a-bolt-from-the-blues/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024