Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JB might not be great but !. 16:14 - Jun 24 with 2259 viewsGRIM

Jan Bednarek might not be the quickest or best defender in the Premiership but he's been the best defender at St Mary's for a couple of seasons.
He's also the most experienced & that's what we need big time.
But, he's obviously fallen out of love with the club so it's probably best for both parties if he moves on, we just need to make sure we don't sell him cheap, he's a regular in the Polish National side so he's worth a few bob (or is it €'s).
The worry is that Jack Stephen's moves up the pecking order, God forbid.
But we'll have to see how good the new lad is, what's his name Ketchup or something like that. He'll soon get nicknamed HP.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 17:55]
JB might be great but !. on 17:29 - Jun 24 with 1758 viewscocklebreath

He hasn’t been the best defender at the club for the last 2 years

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

JB might be great but !. on 17:35 - Jun 24 with 1756 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t doubt his experience but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t move him on. He has been poor for a while and is no longer guaranteed a start. We need better players than him and Stephens, even as back ups.
JB might be great but !. on 18:15 - Jun 24 with 1706 viewsElijahK

JB might be great but !. on 17:29 - Jun 24 by cocklebreath

He hasn’t been the best defender at the club for the last 2 years

Who’s been better over the last 4/5 year period then? As Vestergaard was only better last season, as before that there was a reason he was on the bench and Bednerak was starting.
And other than Vestergaard last season, I can’t think of any defenders that have had a standout season since then

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

JB might be great but !. on 18:17 - Jun 24 with 1703 viewsElijahK

JB might be great but !. on 17:35 - Jun 24 by Sadoldgit

I don’t doubt his experience but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t move him on. He has been poor for a while and is no longer guaranteed a start. We need better players than him and Stephens, even as back ups.

But unless these new players/youth work out, then he’s the best we’ve got, which is why we do need to sign some experienced PL defenders, but until that happens, we need to keep him, as he’s certainly better than Stephens, and right now I’d probably say (when taking experience into account) he’s better than Salisu or Lyanco.

JB might be great but !. on 18:51 - Jun 24 with 1653 viewsSadoldgit

JB might be great but !. on 18:17 - Jun 24 by ElijahK

But unless these new players/youth work out, then he’s the best we’ve got, which is why we do need to sign some experienced PL defenders, but until that happens, we need to keep him, as he’s certainly better than Stephens, and right now I’d probably say (when taking experience into account) he’s better than Salisu or Lyanco.

But as you say, no need to keep him if we are replacing him.
JB might be great but !. on 19:12 - Jun 24 with 1617 viewscocklebreath

JB might be great but !. on 18:15 - Jun 24 by ElijahK

Who’s been better over the last 4/5 year period then? As Vestergaard was only better last season, as before that there was a reason he was on the bench and Bednerak was starting.
And other than Vestergaard last season, I can’t think of any defenders that have had a standout season since then

Walker peters

JB might not be great but !. on 19:32 - Jun 24 with 1607 viewssaintwizzler

Bednarek has been the best defender for a while.
That’s the trouble.
Shipping 60+ goals a season screams of shite.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

JB might not be great but !. on 20:06 - Jun 24 with 1580 viewsPatfromPoole

He can’t be all that bad if Mourinho is interested in him.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

JB might not be great but !. on 20:59 - Jun 24 with 1542 viewskernow

He showed promise and potential but that's possibly been "coached" out of him because he certainly hasn't fulfilled the promise and potential in a shockingly poor defensive set up.
Best he moves on.
JB might be great but !. on 21:08 - Jun 24 with 1529 viewsButty101

JB might be great but !. on 18:17 - Jun 24 by ElijahK

Lyanco is wa nko

I don’t get why people think he’s this cult figure. He’s crap and wouldn’t get In another premiership squad

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

JB might be great but !. on 22:43 - Jun 24 with 1442 viewsElijahK

JB might be great but !. on 19:12 - Jun 24 by cocklebreath

Walker peters

Yeah as he plays as a centre half soo often, or are we just gonna only play one now?

JB might be great but !. on 22:44 - Jun 24 with 1440 viewsElijahK

JB might be great but !. on 21:08 - Jun 24 by Butty101

Lyanco is wa nko

I don’t get why people think he’s this cult figure. He’s crap and wouldn’t get In another premiership squad

I think we may wanna give him a bit more time, as he sure does seem devoted, but I do agree that his start at this club hasn’t been the best we could’ve hoped for

JB might not be great but !. on 22:47 - Jun 24 with 1442 viewsWints76

Isn't being the best Saints defender of the last 2 years akin to being the tallest dwarf? Or the best politician in the current Tory Cabinet?
JB might be great but !. on 22:54 - Jun 24 with 1427 viewscocklebreath

JB might be great but !. on 22:43 - Jun 24 by ElijahK

Yeah as he plays as a centre half soo often, or are we just gonna only play one now?

He said defender you fooking plank

JB might not be great but !. on 07:08 - Jun 25 with 1379 viewsGRIM

JB is a much better defender than KWP.
KWP is technically better & impressive on the ball going forward, but that's not what we need, we need guy with guts that can put their body on the line & do whatever is necessary to stop the ball going in the net.
That's what JB does (or did before he lost interest, he's obviously had his head turned while playing internationals for Poland).
Not rocket science, we should only let him go if we can get a better replacement, losing him with no replacement would be suicidal.
JB might not be great but !. on 07:17 - Jun 25 with 1364 viewscocklebreath

I’m not sure when Bednerek became such a great defender because I’ve never seen it, he’s crap and always has been, our defence has been terrible for years.

JB might not be great but !. on 10:23 - Jun 25 with 1285 viewssledger

hes been part of a poor defensive unit although i dont think our managers tactics which leave centre backs badly exposed help.
JB might not be great but !. on 10:32 - Jun 25 with 1279 viewsSadoldgit

JB might not be great but !. on 10:23 - Jun 25 by sledger

hes been part of a poor defensive unit although i dont think our managers tactics which leave centre backs badly exposed help.

Agreed. We need someone with pace who can read the game like VVD. Bednarek would fit in ok with a Burnley. He is too slow and just not the type of CH who fits into Ralph’s system. His best games for us have been where we have sat deep most of the match and relied on parking the bus. Throwing your body in front of a shot is not the biggest skill a footballer can have. I could still do that at my age!
JB might not be great but !. on 10:38 - Jun 25 with 1274 viewssledger

yes but probably slowly like me lol
JB might be great but !. on 21:06 - Jun 25 with 1146 viewsElijahK

JB might be great but !. on 22:54 - Jun 24 by cocklebreath

He said defender you fooking plank

You knew we were referring to centre half’s you muppet, but if you wanna play it like that, well no KWP hasn’t been better as he’s not been here the whole of the last 2 years, so he hasn’t been the best over the last two years as he’s not been here the whole time. And for defensive duties, Bednerak has been better, as KWP is better at his position than KWP is at his own, but KWP is soo great down the flanks and his dribbling, crossing etc is soo good, but his defensive skills are ok, but not better than Yan’s, so even if you wanna say he still counts, well he’s not been the best defender
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 21:12]

JB might be great but !. on 21:21 - Jun 25 with 1125 viewsPatfromPoole

JB might be great but !. on 21:06 - Jun 25 by ElijahK

You knew we were referring to centre half’s you muppet, but if you wanna play it like that, well no KWP hasn’t been better as he’s not been here the whole of the last 2 years, so he hasn’t been the best over the last two years as he’s not been here the whole time. And for defensive duties, Bednerak has been better, as KWP is better at his position than KWP is at his own, but KWP is soo great down the flanks and his dribbling, crossing etc is soo good, but his defensive skills are ok, but not better than Yan’s, so even if you wanna say he still counts, well he’s not been the best defender

KWP has been with us since 29 Jan 2020, according to the Bible that is Wikipedia…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

JB might be great but !. on 21:32 - Jun 25 with 1120 viewsBicester_North

Since Jan 2020 KWP has played about the same number of games as Bednarek, and KWP is our best player whose position is given as defender

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

JB might not be great but !. on 22:16 - Jun 25 with 1079 viewskingolaf

He’s garbage
JB might not be great but !. on 23:41 - Jun 25 with 1028 viewsA1079

Bednarek may not be great but equally he isn't the worst of our recent run of defenders and whilst I am not suggesting that is a reason to retain him I am not convinced we have remedied our defensive issues with our recent acquisition. I still believe we need an older wise experienced head in amongst our defensive line up though clearly that isn't going to happen.

Just one point though that no one has mentioned. For all Bednarek's faults, had he not score that goal against Arsenal at home we would have gone into the final weekend in a relegation battle which we may well have lost given our form at that time.
JB might be great but !. on 08:29 - Jun 26 with 971 viewsTripleNiemi

Have to ask, it wasn't you and Cockle having a little 'tet ta tet' away at Brentford this year ? Remember seeing handbags drawn and just wondering......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024