Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women’s Euros 12:02 - Jul 6 with 16522 viewskel

Anyone going to be watching it? Quick straw poll at work suggests people aren’t interested but I’ll take some of the games in. The standard has improved in the last few years (apart from a few teams) imo and it’s a football fix until the season starts.
Women’s Euros on 12:15 - Jul 6 with 6621 viewsrochedale

Aye, I’ll be watching it for sure. There was a decent programme on the other day with Alex Scott showing how big the women’s game has gone now. It’s a far better standard than what it used to be and it’ll be interesting to see how Rochdale girl, Keira Walsh, gets on.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Women’s Euros on 12:46 - Jul 6 with 6558 viewsD_Alien

I'll be watching, especially if as expected, we reach the later stages. The (female) German coach seems to be getting that extra 10% out of the team that a succession of high-profile male coaches couldn't, in terms of resilience. We've always had the talent, but like the England cricket team, something was missing which has now hopefully been found

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Women’s Euros on 12:54 - Jul 6 with 6546 viewselectricblue

Should be a decent tournament and the stadiums will have good attendence for each match..

I will be watching a few games on tv and i know my mum wont miss many matches either..
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 16:20]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Women’s Euros on 12:56 - Jul 6 with 6542 viewsTomRAFC

I've got into the women's game over the last 4-5 years. My partner is a fan and she played to a good standard at youth level. Going to the game at Old Trafford tonight. Also got tickets for a semi-final at Bramall Lane and the Final at Wembley.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Women’s Euros on 13:05 - Jul 6 with 6523 viewsNigeriamark

Women’s Euros on 12:56 - Jul 6 by TomRAFC

I've got into the women's game over the last 4-5 years. My partner is a fan and she played to a good standard at youth level. Going to the game at Old Trafford tonight. Also got tickets for a semi-final at Bramall Lane and the Final at Wembley.

I'll watch the England games. Haven't followed women's football previously, but have watched a bit of women's cricket which has been enjoyable, so time to give the footie a go
Women’s Euros on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 6435 viewsDaleiLama

I'm going to watch our girls when I can too. Especially the game at OT tonight, which would be a great one to win for confidence. The new coach is Dutch DA, so perhaps she can invoke the spirit of the beautiful game in the lionesses?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Women’s Euros on 14:56 - Jul 6 with 6331 viewsD_Alien

Women’s Euros on 13:54 - Jul 6 by DaleiLama

I'm going to watch our girls when I can too. Especially the game at OT tonight, which would be a great one to win for confidence. The new coach is Dutch DA, so perhaps she can invoke the spirit of the beautiful game in the lionesses?

Ah yes, thanks for the correction. I'm certain i'd read she was German in a BBC article!

Women’s Euros on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 6268 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 14:56 - Jul 6 by D_Alien

Ah yes, thanks for the correction. I'm certain i'd read she was German in a BBC article!

'Nuff said!

Login to get fewer ads

Women’s Euros on 19:30 - Jul 6 with 6017 viewsDySporting

Have tickets for Germany v Denmark - Brentford Friday

Then it's the main event Saturday in Chester
Women’s Euros on 19:34 - Jul 6 with 5991 viewskel

Paddy Power offering a free 5 quid bet builder on tonight’s game if anyone is a customer. Not sure if it’s open to new registrations but worth a go.
Women’s Euros on 19:58 - Jul 6 with 5947 viewsTVOS1907

Women’s Euros on 12:54 - Jul 6 by electricblue

Should be a decent tournament and the stadiums will have good attendence for each match..

I will be watching a few games on tv and i know my mum wont miss many matches either..
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 16:20]

Who does she play for?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Women’s Euros on 20:29 - Jul 6 with 5902 viewsjudd

Can't believe they've scheduled football to clash with Corrie.

Idiots.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Women’s Euros on 20:51 - Jul 6 with 5859 viewsboromat

Thought VAR was going to overrule goal line technology for a few moments

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Women’s Euros on 20:57 - Jul 6 with 5847 viewsD_Alien

Women’s Euros on 20:51 - Jul 6 by boromat

Thought VAR was going to overrule goal line technology for a few moments

Were they checking for offside? Looked marginal

Women’s Euros on 22:33 - Jul 6 with 5697 viewskel

Not the best game to watch but a winning start. I’m sure we’ll improve as the tournament goes on though, we’ve some really good players in that side.
Women’s Euros on 22:42 - Jul 6 with 5662 viewsboromat

Women’s Euros on 20:57 - Jul 6 by D_Alien

Were they checking for offside? Looked marginal

Maybe that was it. Wouldn't they normally show checking offside rather than checking goal though.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Women’s Euros on 23:22 - Jul 6 with 5600 viewsD_Alien

Women’s Euros on 22:42 - Jul 6 by boromat

Maybe that was it. Wouldn't they normally show checking offside rather than checking goal though.

Aye, probably

Must admit, i only had one eye on it, and one eye on "other" events on my laptop

Women’s Euros on 10:08 - Jul 7 with 5385 viewsAtThePeake

Slightly off topic, but it'd be great if the club could do more to advertise the Dale women's team next season.

At the moment it's pretty difficult to find out when/where they are playing and how they've got on. We had the manager, Todd, on the podcast last season and he was keen for the club to work closely with him to push the women's team into the public eye but it doesn't seem to have happened much in his first year. It would be great if we heard more about them next season.

Tangled up in blue.

Women’s Euros on 10:51 - Jul 7 with 5325 viewsDaleiLama

Women’s Euros on 10:08 - Jul 7 by AtThePeake

Slightly off topic, but it'd be great if the club could do more to advertise the Dale women's team next season.

At the moment it's pretty difficult to find out when/where they are playing and how they've got on. We had the manager, Todd, on the podcast last season and he was keen for the club to work closely with him to push the women's team into the public eye but it doesn't seem to have happened much in his first year. It would be great if we heard more about them next season.

As the club supports her game and all that it encompasses, it seems logical to do more here.

Women’s Euros on 11:13 - Jul 7 with 5305 viewsD_Alien

Women’s Euros on 10:08 - Jul 7 by AtThePeake

Where do they play? Agree there should be more publicity, which could also have an effect on overall support for Dale (men's) by encouraging females to take an interest

Women’s Euros on 11:25 - Jul 7 with 5281 viewsAtThePeake

Women’s Euros on 11:13 - Jul 7 by D_Alien

Where do they play? Agree there should be more publicity, which could also have an effect on overall support for Dale (men's) by encouraging females to take an interest

They play up at Mayfield.

Tangled up in blue.

Women’s Euros on 11:28 - Jul 7 with 5272 viewsD_Alien

Women’s Euros on 11:25 - Jul 7 by AtThePeake

They play up at Mayfield.

Cheers, i'd consider taking in a game

Just a thought, but there could be something tied in with a Dale SC to encourage attendance, which might then work both ways

[Post edited 7 Jul 2022 11:29]

Women’s Euros on 16:12 - Jul 9 with 4993 viewsforeverhopefulDale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62091049

Does anyone know whether or not The Dale tendered for Spotland to be a venue?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Women’s Euros on 23:07 - Jul 9 with 4790 viewsnordenblue

Women’s Euros on 16:12 - Jul 9 by foreverhopefulDale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62091049

Does anyone know whether or not The Dale tendered for Spotland to be a venue?

There's a few games being played at Leigh it seems, drive through pretty regularly and all the flags are out near the ground, really good set up round there
Women’s Euros on 23:11 - Jul 9 with 4777 viewsEllDale

I think a lot of Manchester United teams use Leigh Sports Village as their home ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024