Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? 13:57 - Jul 6 with 2131 viewsElijahK

So what do people make of us going for Broja then, and if we do go for him, how much would you think we should spend on him at max?

https://thisisfutbol.com/2022/07/blogs/premier-league/southampton-latest-transfe

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 13:58 - Jul 6 with 2085 viewsSaintNick

He is worth around £20 million max

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 14:02 - Jul 6 with 2072 viewsElijahK

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 13:58 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

I’d pretty much agree, as maybe £22/23mill could be ok, but yeah, certainly not £30mill.
As last season he only scored a few, and did shut down (like many others) towards the end of the second half of the season, but hopefully that was due to the issues around Chelsea, and if he were to sign with us, then that shouldn’t be in his head any longer.

But I guess we would also have a few advantages over the other teams going for him if we can get the transfer fee sorted, as Livermento is like his best mate and he’s been here on loan so knows everyone around, so it would only be West Ham (with making Europe) and Newcastle that I think he might join over us.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 14:04 - Jul 6 with 2062 viewsPatfromPoole

Is that your opinion or fact?

It’s a no-brainer to have him back.

A one-year loan would be great, but if we can sign him for less than £35 million, we should snap Chelsea’s hands off.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 14:37 - Jul 6 with 2014 viewsSadoldgit

He showed signs of being a quality player but he also showed signs of having an attitude problem. If the price was right yes, but hopefully we can do better.
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 17:13 - Jul 6 with 1911 viewskernow

Yes I would like to see him come back. £20 million is a lot of money but not excessive in the current market.
Agree that we failed to play to his strengths.
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 19:09 - Jul 6 with 1825 views1teeminants

Yes quality player get him back if we can afford it . I’m pretty sure other clubs will pay 30 million plus so not expecting it to happen .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 19:12 - Jul 6 with 1821 viewsdarthvader

Not sure who Max is but i say yes buy him and pay 26m plus addons that get to the 30m that chelsea would want .

However we all know that westham or Newcastle or Everton will pay 35+ in the inflated budget. It just depends wether the new bloke at Chelsea will let him go to a team that will rival for the top four?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:12]

keep the faith coyr

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 19:33 - Jul 6 with 1799 viewsChesham_Saint

Yes.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 19:43 - Jul 6 with 1791 viewsDorsetIan

Yes. His talent is obvious.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 20:00 - Jul 6 with 1784 views1ASIN12

Considering players who have not made a premier league appearance are going for over £10 million I’d say £20 million for a player that made over 30 appearances and scored and scored 9 goals in 30 odd appearances in all competitions is sadly now days very cheap .
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 1754 viewsBridders2

Get him in, but don't play him as a lone striker.
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 23:08 - Jul 6 with 1668 viewsfelly1

I'd say 25m max.
It's all a gamble. I still can't believe we paid apparently 19m for Carrilio and he played like 7 games??
Unbelievable.. Who the hell was responsible for that?
It wasn't like he had a great record at Monaco either.
For me Broja showed he definitely has that X factor about him and looked almost unplayable when bustling past terrified defenders.
It was dead exciting to watch and a real step up compared to the more modest talents of Adams and Armstrong.
Still.. If we signed him for mega bucks it could all go t*ts up and we're end up loaning him out to an Albanian Championship side!
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 23:14 - Jul 6 with 1650 viewsSaintNick

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 23:08 - Jul 6 by felly1

I'd say 25m max.
It's all a gamble. I still can't believe we paid apparently 19m for Carrilio and he played like 7 games??
Unbelievable.. Who the hell was responsible for that?
It wasn't like he had a great record at Monaco either.
For me Broja showed he definitely has that X factor about him and looked almost unplayable when bustling past terrified defenders.
It was dead exciting to watch and a real step up compared to the more modest talents of Adams and Armstrong.
Still.. If we signed him for mega bucks it could all go t*ts up and we're end up loaning him out to an Albanian Championship side!

You say Broja was unplayable when bustling past terrified defenders, but truth is he didn't do it that often, if he had of done then a lot more clubs than just West ham & Everton would be chasing him.

Adams might have had more modest talents, but he scored more goals and had more assists

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 09:35 - Jul 7 with 1480 views1teeminants

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 23:14 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

You say Broja was unplayable when bustling past terrified defenders, but truth is he didn't do it that often, if he had of done then a lot more clubs than just West ham & Everton would be chasing him.

Adams might have had more modest talents, but he scored more goals and had more assists

Broja scored 9 but 3 of them dont count 😜

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 13:11 - Jul 7 with 1407 viewsNewdawn2014

Adams is more level headed, I think Broja got a bit carried away by the adulation , but hes still a young lad.
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 14:13 - Jul 7 with 1351 viewsTimSaint

Unlike Broja, Adams is 25 and has had 3 seasons experience of Prem football with us, yet regularly misses absolute sitters that my Nan could score and took an absolute age to get his first goal !!

We signed Broja on loan, not as a first choice striker, but as a back-up who would get some opportunities throughout the season. The thing was, the misfiring of Adams and A Arm, plus the (limited) success of Broja from the bench and the odd start, made him a full-time starter before he was due.

With Adams, I think we have just about found his level. He will get around 10 per season with a few assists. A Arm - not sure until we play him in a role that suits his style and give him more game time (which we can't afford to do, as he doesn't score and we are in a results driven business).

Broja will undoubtedly improve and clubs like Us, West Ham and Everton can see that - hence why they are linked with him. As we all know and have seen many times, rather than gamble, the bigger clubs prefer to wait to see how players progress and then splash the big bucks once they are finished article.

TimSaint

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 15:28 - Jul 7 with 1299 viewsPatfromPoole

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 09:35 - Jul 7 by 1teeminants

Broja scored 9 but 3 of them dont count 😜

And yet the Cup competitions seem to be given a disproportionately high proportion of the weighting in the critique on the manager….

It’s a strange one, f’sure……

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 15:55 - Jul 7 with 1275 viewsRon11

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 20:21 - Jul 6 by Bridders2

Get him in, but don't play him as a lone striker.

Absolutely.
Nail on head reason why his from dipped. Get the ball at his feet, and he'll have it in the net. Same with Ings.
Lost count of the times I saw him trudgng back after the return of sideways/backwards passing had lost the ball in midfield.
And yet somebody on here suggested he may have an attitude problem.
I don't think so.
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 17:01 - Jul 7 with 1232 viewsBerber

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 14:13 - Jul 7 by TimSaint

Unlike Broja, Adams is 25 and has had 3 seasons experience of Prem football with us, yet regularly misses absolute sitters that my Nan could score and took an absolute age to get his first goal !!

We signed Broja on loan, not as a first choice striker, but as a back-up who would get some opportunities throughout the season. The thing was, the misfiring of Adams and A Arm, plus the (limited) success of Broja from the bench and the odd start, made him a full-time starter before he was due.

With Adams, I think we have just about found his level. He will get around 10 per season with a few assists. A Arm - not sure until we play him in a role that suits his style and give him more game time (which we can't afford to do, as he doesn't score and we are in a results driven business).

Broja will undoubtedly improve and clubs like Us, West Ham and Everton can see that - hence why they are linked with him. As we all know and have seen many times, rather than gamble, the bigger clubs prefer to wait to see how players progress and then splash the big bucks once they are finished article.

This, Adam’s stats are barely better than Broja’s. As you point out, Adams has vastly more experience, but scores about the same rate as lots of PL sides expect their midfielders to. As you say, Broja was thrown in to do the job that Adam’s, Armstrong and Long should have been doing.
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 18:52 - Jul 7 with 1183 viewsChesham_Saint

Or, from another perspective…

If we don’t get Broja, who do we get? At least we know he CAN perform.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 21:23 - Jul 7 with 1099 viewsPeterL22

I'm ambivalent. He has tremendous raw talent - quick for a big guy, difficult to get off the ball and has a good touch. We do need a consistent striker - 15+ goals per season please - and we don't have one. I think 20 mill is a fair valuation as he dropped right off towards the end of the season (which might happen if we actually bought him). However, there is no sign of any other striker in our sights, so the bird in the hand etc...........
Without a new striker we will go down
Do you want Broja back at St Mary’s next season? on 09:39 - Jul 8 with 999 viewsSadoldgit

For a big guy he isn’t so good in the air. We seem to be looking at strikers with good all round skill sets so looking forward to see who we bring in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024