Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chester FC (a) Match Thread 09:34 - Jul 8 with 13099 viewsHullDale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 10:13 - Jul 8 with 10656 viewsBazzanne

Any chance it will be on iFollow for us exiles?
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 17:48 - Jul 8 with 10283 viewsboromat

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 10:13 - Jul 8 by Bazzanne

Any chance it will be on iFollow for us exiles?

Or us stuck at family BBQs?
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 17:48]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 10:29 - Jul 9 with 9901 viewslyberoc

COVERAGE

There will be live twitter updates from the game via the club's official account (@officiallydale).

A match report and post-match reaction will follow.

The game will not be streamed live.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 12:44 - Jul 9 with 9669 viewsSaxonDale

Don’t usually take too much notice in friendlies but will be interesting to see what formation we line up in; looked like we played with a back 5 against Burnley.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 14:35 - Jul 9 with 9435 viewsHullDale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 15:40 - Jul 9 with 9059 viewsIOMDale

Trialist A seems to be very busy. Any idea who the trialists are, from those at the game?

UTDNFS

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 16:09 - Jul 9 with 8789 viewsHullDale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 16:10 - Jul 9 with 8773 viewsIOMDale

Four more trialists out for the second half - ‘keeper, full back, midfielder and forward by the looks of it.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 16:20 - Jul 9 with 8583 viewsSuddenLad

Full time score:

1-0 Dale. Devante Rodney
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 16:57]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 18:43 - Jul 9 with 7695 viewsmikehunt

Devante’s first of many I trust
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 18:44]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 20:43 - Jul 9 with 7130 viewsBrierls

Not the most exciting game but friendlies rarely are. A decent run out and minutes in the legs for all the squad.

We played with wing backs again, with Odoh occupying the RWB spot and looking decent in the first half. Standout performer was Diagouraga, he looked excellent with and without the ball. Both trialists were young forwards, both tidy on the ball without really having an impact on the game.

All change in the second half. We played at a higher tempo and looked a bit more dangerous going forward. Ball played a more advanced role and looked good, Rodney impressed me with his mobility and intelligent running. Four trialists in this half; keeper, RWB, central midfielder and striker (somebody everyone will recognise). The RWB impressed defensively and going forward, I thought the midfielder looked combative and moved the ball well.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 21:37 - Jul 9 with 6867 viewsTVOS1907

What hasn't been mentioned, much to 442's chagrin, is that the socks are a different shade of yellow to the shirts and shorts!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 21:48 - Jul 9 with 6818 views442Dale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 21:37 - Jul 9 by TVOS1907

What hasn't been mentioned, much to 442's chagrin, is that the socks are a different shade of yellow to the shirts and shorts!

And red numbers because of the pattern on the back of the shirts. #Watford

Looks like the keepers’ kits haven’t arrived or were left unused too, with O’Donnell wearing last season’s pink version.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 22:55 - Jul 9 with 6565 viewsD_Dale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 20:43 - Jul 9 by Brierls

Not the most exciting game but friendlies rarely are. A decent run out and minutes in the legs for all the squad.

We played with wing backs again, with Odoh occupying the RWB spot and looking decent in the first half. Standout performer was Diagouraga, he looked excellent with and without the ball. Both trialists were young forwards, both tidy on the ball without really having an impact on the game.

All change in the second half. We played at a higher tempo and looked a bit more dangerous going forward. Ball played a more advanced role and looked good, Rodney impressed me with his mobility and intelligent running. Four trialists in this half; keeper, RWB, central midfielder and striker (somebody everyone will recognise). The RWB impressed defensively and going forward, I thought the midfielder looked combative and moved the ball well.

"Four trialists in this half; keeper, RWB, central midfielder and striker (somebody everyone will recognise)."

Go on, give us a better clue who this striker is.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 23:04 - Jul 9 with 6481 viewsnordenblue

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 22:55 - Jul 9 by D_Dale

"Four trialists in this half; keeper, RWB, central midfielder and striker (somebody everyone will recognise)."

Is it not Leon Clarke?
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 23:04 - Jul 9 with 6501 viewsToffeemanc

Fitzo tweeted the below just now

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 23:06 - Jul 9 with 6463 viewsBrierls

Recognise this guy?

https://images.app.goo.gl/mJFg6YNziUthSJeM8

*Edit* As above!
[Post edited 9 Jul 2022 23:37]
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 23:45 - Jul 9 with 6218 viewsD_Dale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 23:04 - Jul 9 by nordenblue

Is it not Leon Clarke?

It seems so. His limited appearances and goals last season suggest he'd be a risk:

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=36472&season_id=154

I was hoping it'd be a recovered and revitalised Hendo.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 08:56 - Jul 10 with 5684 viewsNorthernDale

Leon Clarke has been a good striker in the past, but he is getting on a bit at 37 and looking at the other players on trial, there is very little football experience amongst them. Which is a concern for this coming season.

But we are Dale fans, we are naturally born pessimists.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 9:18]
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 09:27 - Jul 10 with 5541 views442Dale

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 08:56 - Jul 10 by NorthernDale

Leon Clarke has been a good striker in the past, but he is getting on a bit at 37 and looking at the other players on trial, there is very little football experience amongst them. Which is a concern for this coming season.

But we are Dale fans, we are naturally born pessimists.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 9:18]

Yet we’ve already signed O’Donnell, Ebanks-Landell, Diagouraga and Rodney who can all be experienced in varying degrees.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 09:47 - Jul 10 with 5463 viewsDaleiLama

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 20:43 - Jul 9 by Brierls

Funny how people see things differently. Bloke behind me claimed we had no threat down the right but I thought the dreadlocked Messi did ok, even if he held on to the ball too long a few times? Thought Charman looked much fitter and made some good runs tying defenders up a la 🐝. Diagouraga looked good in the tackle and showed some intelligent distribution but didn't have speed to burn. EEL looked mostly solid and had diamonds on the soles of his feet. White hasn't got make up speed. Triallist #18 worth another look?

Second half seemed like we had a lot more team speed and Ball really pushed us forward. Great for Rodders to get off the mark and #13 the pick of the triallists for me this half. Skinned their left back in front of the away fans and got a cross off followed by chants of sign him up. Leon a no from me. An uneventful day topped off by being dispossessed easily at the death.

Really tough job for Robbie to evaluate all those triallists with two XIs having such a spread of talent, experience and time playing together, but that's what he's paid to do. He suggested we were only really toubled defensively early doors, when a woeful bit of defending should have left us 1 down against a better finisher. They also had a shot hit the bar and a 1 on 1 with the keeper that could have been a goal if the shot had been on target.

On the plus side though, we created a decent amount of chances, converted one very well and the prospect of Rodney, Luke and Tahv up top is intriguing to say the least. All in all, more positives than negatives and whetted the appetite for the new season, especially with the addition of a few good loanees sprinkled into the squad and first team.

#upthedalenotforsale
[Post edited 10 Jul 2022 9:50]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 14:07 - Jul 10 with 4730 viewselectricblue

Here is the goal..

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfzdKCGKhKG/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 17:43 - Jul 10 with 4166 viewsscarrow

I thought 16 and 13 were the pick of the trialists

Keeper didn't have much to do -

Poll: Final position

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 10:34 - Jul 11 with 3266 viewsBucketBstard

Sorry RS isnt instilling me with confidence.
Leon Clarke is well past it, poor return in recent years and as for Rodney wow he makes Calvin Andrew's goal tally look like Ronaldo's .
I really hope I'm wrong , the Morecambe guy looked ok in midfield against a very poor team down below the league pyramid somewhat.
I know its only pre-season and I hope I'm wrong.
They will need time to get up to speed, you never know they might all gel.
Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 11:15 - Jul 11 with 3090 viewskel

Chester FC (a) Match Thread on 10:34 - Jul 11 by BucketBstard

Sorry RS isnt instilling me with confidence.
Leon Clarke is well past it, poor return in recent years and as for Rodney wow he makes Calvin Andrew's goal tally look like Ronaldo's .
I really hope I'm wrong , the Morecambe guy looked ok in midfield against a very poor team down below the league pyramid somewhat.
I know its only pre-season and I hope I'm wrong.
They will need time to get up to speed, you never know they might all gel.

“I really hope I'm wrong”

I seriously doubt that. You thrive on negativity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024