Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southall "resigns" from Morton House 21:23 - Jul 21 with 2913 viewsjudd

According to a paywall protected article in today's the Athletic, Matt Southall "resigned" from Morton House on Monday.

Apologies if already posted.

Reminds me of the Hothouse Flowers classic Don't Go

Wonder what went?

[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 21:26]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 21:49 - Jul 21 with 2813 viewsRAFCBLUE

The Athletic journalist certainly has put it all out there regarding Matthew Southall. From their article:

"More significant, and potentially problematic for keeping the fans onside, is his involvement in the attempted hostile takeover of League Two club Rochdale last summer by a company called Morton House.

Like Wanda Nara and Charlton, that is another saga that warrants further reading. Long story short: Rochdale fans did not want their club to be taken over by Morton House, so got organised and fought back.

Southall, for reasons that remain unclear, ended up being Morton House's front man in an attempt to sue Rochdale's board and supporter's trust. That attempt was ongoing until Monday of this week, when Southall resigned from Morton House. "

No credit for David Bottomley or Andrew Curran there.

I wonder if Southall will do what Jarvis has done and grass up everyone involved to save himself?

I'm sure the EFL are watching carefully.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 21:56 - Jul 21 with 2776 viewsjudd

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 21:49 - Jul 21 by RAFCBLUE

The Athletic journalist certainly has put it all out there regarding Matthew Southall. From their article:

"More significant, and potentially problematic for keeping the fans onside, is his involvement in the attempted hostile takeover of League Two club Rochdale last summer by a company called Morton House.

Like Wanda Nara and Charlton, that is another saga that warrants further reading. Long story short: Rochdale fans did not want their club to be taken over by Morton House, so got organised and fought back.

Southall, for reasons that remain unclear, ended up being Morton House's front man in an attempt to sue Rochdale's board and supporter's trust. That attempt was ongoing until Monday of this week, when Southall resigned from Morton House. "

I wonder if Southall will do what Jarvis has done and grass up everyone involved to save himself?

"...for reasons that remain unclear..."

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 11:34 - Jul 22 with 2278 viewsDale_4_Life

No proof of share ownership and now Southall resigns?

Morton House need to cut all losses and just move on lesson learned. Any case they put together will have more holes in it than swiss cheese. What a crock.
Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 11:47 - Jul 22 with 2250 viewsRAFCBLUE

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 21:56 - Jul 21 by judd

"...for reasons that remain unclear..."

You'd imagine that Southall must know why he has resigned and probably the journalist who quoted it.

Presumably the people operating Morton House do too as recipients of the resignation letter.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 11:53 - Jul 22 with 2223 viewsJames1980

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 11:47 - Jul 22 by RAFCBLUE

You'd imagine that Southall must know why he has resigned and probably the journalist who quoted it.

Presumably the people operating Morton House do too as recipients of the resignation letter.

Would it be reasonable to assume that no one informed MH & Co about the 75% clause regarding raising money from the ground, prior to them stumping up that £1.2 million?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 12:01 - Jul 22 with 2186 viewsDaleiLama

The filing cabinet holding letters of resignation from former Directors of MH must be a fire risk in itself?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 12:14 - Jul 22 with 2112 viewswozzrafc

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 21:49 - Jul 21 by RAFCBLUE

I think there’s something that the athletic are hinting at but don’t suggest outright

The involvement of Southall at Birmingham may force the hand of the EFL to rule on Rochdale.

If as they say Southall has assurances from the EFL he would pass BUT there’s a lingering doubt about his involvement at Rochdale they may want to rule on our charges and also individuals in order to clear Southall in Birmingham bid.

How embarrassing would it be for EFL to pass Southall then his involvement in he botched Rochdale bid come to light.

It’s certainly made it harder for the EFL to bury its head if people are saying how can Southall pass if he’s been involved in MH. That’s why Southall dropped everything, and is trying to distance himself.

If anything this Birmingham bid has stoked things up inadvertently. Particularly if that deal crashes because of EFL Not responding.

Thing is the Birmingham deal needs to go through fast, and that needs the EFL to move. The other option for them is they drop Southall but that will raise questions.

The EFL is a closed shop of dodgy owners who won’t move on anything unless they have too. Little old Rochdale can be kicked into the long grass but the Birmingham bid is much more media interesting and the EFL may have to start answering questions there and if baldy is involved suddenly we become an interesting sideline. May work in our favour
Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 12:23 - Jul 22 with 2080 viewsjudd

I think the unclear reasons refers to why Southall headed up Morton House's legal challenge.

I think he thought it would be a chance to make easy money.

Login to get fewer ads

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 12:27 - Jul 22 with 2062 viewsD_Alien

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 12:14 - Jul 22 by wozzrafc

I think there’s something that the athletic are hinting at but don’t suggest outright

The involvement of Southall at Birmingham may force the hand of the EFL to rule on Rochdale.

If as they say Southall has assurances from the EFL he would pass BUT there’s a lingering doubt about his involvement at Rochdale they may want to rule on our charges and also individuals in order to clear Southall in Birmingham bid.

How embarrassing would it be for EFL to pass Southall then his involvement in he botched Rochdale bid come to light.

It’s certainly made it harder for the EFL to bury its head if people are saying how can Southall pass if he’s been involved in MH. That’s why Southall dropped everything, and is trying to distance himself.

If anything this Birmingham bid has stoked things up inadvertently. Particularly if that deal crashes because of EFL Not responding.

Thing is the Birmingham deal needs to go through fast, and that needs the EFL to move. The other option for them is they drop Southall but that will raise questions.

The EFL is a closed shop of dodgy owners who won’t move on anything unless they have too. Little old Rochdale can be kicked into the long grass but the Birmingham bid is much more media interesting and the EFL may have to start answering questions there and if baldy is involved suddenly we become an interesting sideline. May work in our favour

It matters not who comprises the EFL, they're cowards to a man, or woman

I suspect you're right about their view of Rochdale

At some point, our Trust should call them out, very very publically. I'll be advocating for that when the time is right

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 13:24 - Jul 22 with 1910 viewswozzrafc

The Birmingham take over will be much more public and have Main Stream media focus. If Southall passes the fit and proper but the EFL haven’t ruled on our case they should be called out
Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 15:39 - Jul 22 with 1715 viewsDorkingDale

FFS - does this mean that the Instagram days are over?

How am I going to get all my advice on:

- interior design (esp regarding coffee table books)
- removal of breast implants
- designer clothes for toddlers
- cosmetic procedures in Cheshire beauty salons
- luxury Mediterranean holidays
- champagne fridges

etc etc

Gutted.
Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 15:54 - Jul 22 with 1688 viewsDale_4_Life

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 12:23 - Jul 22 by judd

I think the unclear reasons refers to why Southall headed up Morton House's legal challenge.

I think he thought it would be a chance to make easy money.

Its very much a bully tactic designed to scare.

It will work some of the time that's why he uses it.

He tried before with Dale and was told to Fook Off.... again with Morton house our response as a club was united and unprecedented and i think it surprised MH. Matthew thought flat cap wearing whippet owning Northern numpties. what he got was a big fookin dog that not only had teeth but was absolutely ready for a fight.
Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 16:38 - Jul 22 with 1595 viewsBigKindo

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 15:54 - Jul 22 by Dale_4_Life

Its very much a bully tactic designed to scare.

It will work some of the time that's why he uses it.

He tried before with Dale and was told to Fook Off.... again with Morton house our response as a club was united and unprecedented and i think it surprised MH. Matthew thought flat cap wearing whippet owning Northern numpties. what he got was a big fookin dog that not only had teeth but was absolutely ready for a fight.

He obviously didn't like being hounded.
Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 16:41 - Jul 22 with 1575 viewsjudd

Shall we organise a leaving do for him, now he's off the , erm, payroll?

Southall "resigns" from Morton House on 17:48 - Jul 22 with 1426 viewsDale_4_Life

Nothing surer we will draw Birmingham in one of the cups now! sods law and all that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024