Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22-23 Hopes & Expectations 09:53 - Jul 25 with 1060 viewsHullDale

Following on from earlier comments about various pessimistic predictions, what are everybody's thoughts & expectations for this season?

Current Squad

GK Richard O'Donnell - Summer 2024
GK Brad Kelly - Summer 2023

CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
RCB Sam Graham - Summer 2023
CB Jim McNulty - Summer 2023
LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024
CB Max Taylor - Summer 2023
LB Aidy White - Summer 2023
RWB Femi Seriki - Summer 2023*

SWISS Jimmy Keohane - Summer 2023
CM Liam Kelly - Summer 2023
CM James Ball - Summer 2024
CM Ethan Brierley - Summer 2024
CDM Toumani Diagouraga - Summer 2023
CAM/WB Jordan Scanlon - Summer 2023

WB/WG Abraham Odoh - Summer 2023
CF Ian Henderson - Summer 2023
CF Luke Charman - Summer 2024
CF Tahvon Campbell - Summer 2024
CF Devonte Rodney - Summer 2024
CF Jordan Scanlon - Summer 2023
CAM/CF Tyrese Sinclair - Summer 2024

I think (if we bring in at least a LWB, CAM & CB) the squad is arguably stronger than the one we finished last season with. I don't know if I'd describe the starting XI as technically stronger, though, but I would say it is better suited to the division with more strength / height / experience.

Robbie Stockdale

Its probably fair to say that RS was given a lot more slack last year than others have done previously, and that was fair due to the situation and embargo he inherited. This season is another story though... he has been backed with more budget, its entirely his squad now and it isn't his first season in role either. I hope we see more consistency, more pace, more tactical flexibility and more killer instinct right from early doors - a good start will hopefully answer some of his critic's concerns and build confidence in a potentially entirely new starting eleven. The flip side is also true, though, and if we hit October near the bottom and with some of the same issues as last season then the pressure will really be on.

Club

Its been an unprecedented year, and some of the uncertainty still remains - EFL charges and legal action being the main ones. There has clearly been a churn through of personnel at the club, too, as new ways of working and new ideas are adopted. My main hopes here are that the EFL come to a sensible conclusion and show all of their evidence, that the Morton House saga is done soon (either through winning the legal action, MH folding before then, or an acceptable outcome is found through mediation) and we can look forward to 2023 as a sustainable fan owned club. Hopefully the new appointments across all functions of the club bed in quickly and we start to see continuous improvements there, and we have a club to be proud of on and off the pitch.

Shamelessly pinched from one of the twitter pages:

⚽️ Top Scorer? Ian Henderson

⭐️ Player Of The Season? Ebanks-Landell

💫 Young Player Of The Season? Cameron John

✍️ Best Signing? Toumani Diagouraga

👀 Breakthrough Player? Ethan Brierley

❌ Biggest Flop? Aidy White

Overall
I think we'll probably finish 13th / 14th... with the players we have we could go higher so long as we have tactical flexibility when teams suss our preferred style of play. I'd take a mid-table finish at this point... clear progress from last season and a better platform to build from for next.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 9:54]
22-23 Hopes & Expectations on 20:59 - Jul 25 with 660 viewsboromat

Lots of changes this time including to key players. It's also pretty much a brand new defence including the GK. So I'm not expecting to get off to a great start.

I am hoping to see improvement throughout the season and if we did flirt with the playoffs at some point during the season that'd be a result.

Prediction: A slow start while the squad gels. An upturn in form towards the end of the year that hopefully coincides with MH being put behind us. A decent winter that gets us well up the table but run out of steam and finish in obscurity.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024