Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fanzone 15:11 - Jul 27 with 3393 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/fanzonelaunch/

Looks like a great idea, & one I hope we stick with even if the initial uptake is low... it'll take a while to build a routine for people but should be a winner. Great chance for kids to meet the MOTM player too.
Fanzone on 15:17 - Jul 27 with 3361 viewsDaleyBrent

Great work from the club. Been calling for this for some time and it’s something that I hope initially we capitalise on but develop it longer term!

Where possible, think all us Dale fans should try to support this in its infancy. I for one will be prioritising a pint after the game on Saturday! Hope many more Dale fans can to!🍻

Getting giddy for Saturday now!
Fanzone on 15:21 - Jul 27 with 3334 viewskel

Another forward thinking step by the club and good luck to them. They can only try things and it’s good to see they’re not afraid of doing so.
Fanzone on 15:27 - Jul 27 with 3316 views442Dale

Great idea, with the potential to make loads of simple additions. eg. a ‘Pop-up Club Shop’ selling programmes/scarves/remaining sale stock - some fans won’t even head near the shop on a matchday. Worth re-showing videos from the club’s YouTube channel around the live game too.

Drinks prices aren’t bad either, even outside happy hour and that’s well worth promoting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fanzone on 15:34 - Jul 27 with 3281 viewskel

We could even advertise it in the newly acquired space on the walls on the right as you enter the 1907 lounge.
Fanzone on 15:56 - Jul 27 with 3214 viewsjudd

Nasty man.

Great initiative by the club.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fanzone on 15:57 - Jul 27 with 3211 viewsRAFCBLUE

Great to see cheap prices at the bars in these inflationary times.

I'm not au fait with all the pubs in Rochdale but does £2.40 make it the cheapest pint in Rochdale?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Fanzone on 16:14 - Jul 27 with 3173 viewsD_Alien

Fanzone on 15:57 - Jul 27 by RAFCBLUE

Great to see cheap prices at the bars in these inflationary times.

I'm not au fait with all the pubs in Rochdale but does £2.40 make it the cheapest pint in Rochdale?

Apart from spoons (£2.10), probably

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fanzone on 07:47 - Jul 28 with 2757 viewsRAFCBLUE

Fanzone on 16:14 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

Apart from spoons (£2.10), probably

Thanks DA.

Good that it is being offered and post match too for man of the match.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

Fanzone on 10:33 - Aug 12 with 2326 viewsHullDale

Thought I'd give this a bump with a few thoughts after two home games...

- Dale Bar looks miles better with the framed shirts, & both bars look much brighter / cleaner
- Addition of BT sport for early / late games is great, and the Dale highlights videos before the game on Tuesday were a nice touch
- It could probably do with being promoted on the big screen before / during games to drive attendance... not everyone uses t'internwt
- There needs to be a clear process / communication if entry requirements change. After Crewe both home and away fans were allowed in, after Burton you could only get in with a season ticket (probably the reason it was empty)

I still think its a brilliant idea, and I know it will keep being developed and built on across the season. A couple of ideas that might help...

- Pop up Bottle / Can bar somewhere within the Ratcliffe... queues can be a nightmare and see people giving up and leaving
- Live music... even just a lad with a guitar before / after to create interest. Liverpool (much bigger scale!) have a lad who plays all their chants / songs and gets the crowd going... could we link it in with the Overcoaters and do something similar before they head into the Sandy?
- Food offering... I believe its in the works, but even just a new kiosk with the same offering inside the ground would be a good start - it could be done from the kitchen
- Get somebody else to do the MOTM presentation and interview... one of the board, matchday announcer, one of the commercial guys.

All in all a good start... my matchday spend at the ground has increased which I guess is the whole point!
Fanzone on 11:00 - Aug 12 with 2236 viewsDaleiLama

Fanzone on 10:33 - Aug 12 by HullDale

Thought I'd give this a bump with a few thoughts after two home games...

- Dale Bar looks miles better with the framed shirts, & both bars look much brighter / cleaner
- Addition of BT sport for early / late games is great, and the Dale highlights videos before the game on Tuesday were a nice touch
- It could probably do with being promoted on the big screen before / during games to drive attendance... not everyone uses t'internwt
- There needs to be a clear process / communication if entry requirements change. After Crewe both home and away fans were allowed in, after Burton you could only get in with a season ticket (probably the reason it was empty)

I still think its a brilliant idea, and I know it will keep being developed and built on across the season. A couple of ideas that might help...

- Pop up Bottle / Can bar somewhere within the Ratcliffe... queues can be a nightmare and see people giving up and leaving
- Live music... even just a lad with a guitar before / after to create interest. Liverpool (much bigger scale!) have a lad who plays all their chants / songs and gets the crowd going... could we link it in with the Overcoaters and do something similar before they head into the Sandy?
- Food offering... I believe its in the works, but even just a new kiosk with the same offering inside the ground would be a good start - it could be done from the kitchen
- Get somebody else to do the MOTM presentation and interview... one of the board, matchday announcer, one of the commercial guys.

All in all a good start... my matchday spend at the ground has increased which I guess is the whole point!

Has air conditioning been put in yet? Could the Cloughie bequeathal be considered a worthy fan-benefitting project?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fanzone on 12:13 - Aug 12 with 2070 viewsjudd

Fanzone on 11:00 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

Has air conditioning been put in yet? Could the Cloughie bequeathal be considered a worthy fan-benefitting project?

I think the residual Coughie money went on donating shares to the Trust.

How about having some signs made pointing the way to the Fanzone? Apologies if already done.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fanzone on 12:37 - Aug 12 with 2007 viewsDaleiLama

Fanzone on 12:13 - Aug 12 by judd

I think the residual Coughie money went on donating shares to the Trust.

How about having some signs made pointing the way to the Fanzone? Apologies if already done.

Fair enough. Wasn't sure sums involved. Best cause possible

Fanzone on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 2000 viewsfourfourtwo

I have found it extremely difficult to get served on the two occasions I have been in. The bar staff looked to be drowning on both occasions. It definitely needs looking at as the club must be losing revenue.
Fanzone on 13:08 - Aug 12 with 1899 viewsTalkingSutty

Nôt teaching anybody to suck eggs but i’m assuming all details of our new Fanzone has been passed on to the Grimsby fans, they will be travelling over in large numbers tomorrow and there will be plenty of money to be made at the bars, they will also be enticed with watching a live game on the screen before the game..if they have been made aware. We have new marketing people at the club now, informing away fans of how best to spend their money when they arrive at the COA is pretty basic. That needs to be done before every home game.
Fanzone on 13:36 - Aug 12 with 1850 viewsHullDale

Fanzone on 13:08 - Aug 12 by TalkingSutty

Nôt teaching anybody to suck eggs but i’m assuming all details of our new Fanzone has been passed on to the Grimsby fans, they will be travelling over in large numbers tomorrow and there will be plenty of money to be made at the bars, they will also be enticed with watching a live game on the screen before the game..if they have been made aware. We have new marketing people at the club now, informing away fans of how best to spend their money when they arrive at the COA is pretty basic. That needs to be done before every home game.

This is the link shared with visiting supporters as an 'away fans guide':

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/siteassets/image/pdf/visitorguide-jan22-final.pdf

The main image shows the old sponsor on the stand, the opening hours for the Ratcliffe are wrong and there is no mention of the fanzone.

I know its early in the season, but the directors have enough going on with MH and should be able to trust the commercial team to be getting these basics right.

edit - on further inspection, its not been updated at all for this season... matchday ticket prices are wrong, contact details for tannoy shout outs are wrong, and its full of references to the 21/22 season. The club deserve a LOT of credit for progress made (including the brilliant new signage at the main entrance) but if this was the previous regime they'd be getting crucified for stuff like this... I'm not saying that should happen here, but stuff like this is so simple to get right.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 13:41]
Fanzone on 14:57 - Aug 12 with 1698 viewsDaleiLama

Fanzone on 13:36 - Aug 12 by HullDale

This is the link shared with visiting supporters as an 'away fans guide':

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/siteassets/image/pdf/visitorguide-jan22-final.pdf

The main image shows the old sponsor on the stand, the opening hours for the Ratcliffe are wrong and there is no mention of the fanzone.

I know its early in the season, but the directors have enough going on with MH and should be able to trust the commercial team to be getting these basics right.

edit - on further inspection, its not been updated at all for this season... matchday ticket prices are wrong, contact details for tannoy shout outs are wrong, and its full of references to the 21/22 season. The club deserve a LOT of credit for progress made (including the brilliant new signage at the main entrance) but if this was the previous regime they'd be getting crucified for stuff like this... I'm not saying that should happen here, but stuff like this is so simple to get right.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 13:41]

The Trust has not been idle as you can see from this update! Invites issued to Town fans and they even have their own screen!

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2022/08/trust-desk-in-fanzone-for-grimsby-h/

Fanzone on 15:39 - Aug 12 with 1652 viewsColDale

As we've said all along, getting the Fanzone into something more than just Dale / Ratcliffe Bars is a long term project. Would be great to be able to spend the amount of money that Accy have done with their Coley's Bar (btw what a fantastic facility) but there's bigger fish to fry at this moment in time.

The Club have done their bit with the cheap drinks, opening after the game and getting BT Sports. You would not believe how many conversations we have had over drinks prices in there over the years without success.

We've got the iconic shirts up (again, you wouldn't believe how many brick walls we've spoken to over the years regarding this), and the retro goals and away fans goals has been amazingly easy to do (watch it now work tomorrow now). The goals being shown offer something different and for all the hundreds of pubs I've been to watching Dale away over the years, I've never seen anything like this. its a bit different and we hope laying out the welcome mat to away fans leads to Spotland getting back its reputation as a great away day and more away fans visiting = more £££.

There's more than can be and will be done, but its work in progress. We'd love to have the sort of outside fanzones that some clubs do, but given we've got bars already at the club, lets work on them rather than some outside marquee that we'll be perishing in between November and March.

There's more that we as fans can do too. We've got 4 decent venues at the club - The Spot (Studds), Dale Bar, 1907 Lounge and the Ratcliffe Suite. If you're having a function, get it booked at the Club. The more they are used, the more money for the Club which helps out the first team and will lead to more money spent on the venues.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024