Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from the Board 16:02 - Jul 27 with 11324 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/july/statement_27.07.22/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statement from the Board on 16:05 - Jul 27 with 4890 viewsIOMDale

Andy’s surprise at all this is, shall we say, a little less than genuine then?

UTDNFS

Statement from the Board on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 4861 viewsisitme

Boom! I wonder what Mazey will say about this and whether he will activate the break clause.
Statement from the Board on 16:10 - Jul 27 with 4841 views442Dale

This level of communication and detail is excellent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement from the Board on 16:14 - Jul 27 with 4815 viewsRAFCBLUE

Despite a press announcement by Rochdale Hornets on 18 April 2021, during Covid-19 restrictions, that England vs Fiji was to be held at the Crown Oil Arena on 7 October 2021, no signed commercial agreement covering the safety certificate, stewarding costs, terms of use of the stadium or lease for use of the fixture was ever in place for any international fixture between RAFC, the RFL and/or Rochdale Hornets.

Signed commercial terms for the fixture were requested from Rochdale Hornets but could not be produced.

This doesn't reflect well on either Steve Kerr (Rochdale Hornets CEO) or Roger (CEO at the time) when Hornets announced a fixture to the world and started taking ticket monies.

Amateurish from Hornets. Looks like they tried to force through an undocumented agreement with bully boy tactics.

Good reference too to the 34 years the clubs have been together - Andrew Mazey take note!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Statement from the Board on 16:16 - Jul 27 with 4789 viewsjudd

I would hope that the Chief Executive of Rochdale MBC is happy with the commercial arrangement made at Salford.

That there was no written agreement in place in the first instance is no surprise from our perspective.

Due diligence, anyone?

And £11,000 rent?

And suing us?

Statement from the Board on 16:16 - Jul 27 with 4789 viewsThreeLions

Statement from the Board on 16:14 - Jul 27 by RAFCBLUE

Despite a press announcement by Rochdale Hornets on 18 April 2021, during Covid-19 restrictions, that England vs Fiji was to be held at the Crown Oil Arena on 7 October 2021, no signed commercial agreement covering the safety certificate, stewarding costs, terms of use of the stadium or lease for use of the fixture was ever in place for any international fixture between RAFC, the RFL and/or Rochdale Hornets.

Signed commercial terms for the fixture were requested from Rochdale Hornets but could not be produced.

This doesn't reflect well on either Steve Kerr (Rochdale Hornets CEO) or Roger (CEO at the time) when Hornets announced a fixture to the world and started taking ticket monies.

Amateurish from Hornets. Looks like they tried to force through an undocumented agreement with bully boy tactics.

Good reference too to the 34 years the clubs have been together - Andrew Mazey take note!

I wonder if Roger is still in contact with his ex hornets counterpart?
Statement from the Board on 16:18 - Jul 27 with 4773 viewsRAFCBLUE

Statement from the Board on 16:16 - Jul 27 by ThreeLions

I wonder if Roger is still in contact with his ex hornets counterpart?

Fat Pat noted that they play golf together on occasions.

Wonder who has the bigger handicap. Kerr or Roger?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Statement from the Board on 16:24 - Jul 27 with 4713 viewsThreeLions

Statement from the Board on 16:18 - Jul 27 by RAFCBLUE

Fat Pat noted that they play golf together on occasions.

Wonder who has the bigger handicap. Kerr or Roger?

So we have the source of the current mudslinging against the chairman and board then
Login to get fewer ads

Statement from the Board on 16:27 - Jul 27 with 4688 viewsTomRAFC

Statement from the Board on 16:10 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

This level of communication and detail is excellent.

Agreed. Very thorough and transparent.

The hornets statement is nothing more than a vague nod and a wink. Sadly, it's one that could do reputational damage to the club.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Statement from the Board on 16:28 - Jul 27 with 4681 viewsjudd

Just to put the annual rent into perspective - what did the club charge for teams to play football on it at the end of last season?

Statement from the Board on 16:32 - Jul 27 with 4637 viewskel

How come “honest and transparent” Mazey didn’t let the rugger fans know about all this?

Another Stewart Day.
Statement from the Board on 16:34 - Jul 27 with 4623 views442Dale

Statement from the Board on 16:28 - Jul 27 by judd

Just to put the annual rent into perspective - what did the club charge for teams to play football on it at the end of last season?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2022/april/pitchhirebookings_2022/

Apropos of sod all, it’s £220 for a two and a half slot at a former Football League ground at weekends:

https://www.buryfcss.co.uk/gigg-lane-pitch-hire/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statement from the Board on 16:35 - Jul 27 with 4609 viewsZac_B

From the Hornets board:

"The football club have released a statement regarding the moving of the England v Fiji fixture. Reading between the lines the two clubs couldn’t agree on a fee for the use of the ground. The original “ agreed “ fee must have been no longer valid . The football club obviously thought they could up the ante. Nothing new there."

Eh? Did that person read a completely different statement?
Statement from the Board on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 4570 viewsjudd

Statement from the Board on 16:35 - Jul 27 by Zac_B

From the Hornets board:

"The football club have released a statement regarding the moving of the England v Fiji fixture. Reading between the lines the two clubs couldn’t agree on a fee for the use of the ground. The original “ agreed “ fee must have been no longer valid . The football club obviously thought they could up the ante. Nothing new there."

The "original" agreed fee eh?

That's why commercially you enter into written agreements.

Statement from the Board on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 4567 viewsRAFCBLUE

Statement from the Board on 16:32 - Jul 27 by kel

How come “honest and transparent” Mazey didn’t let the rugger fans know about all this?

Another Stewart Day.

Maybe Steve Kerr didn't tell him kel?

I mean - it is possible that RAFC received a legal letter from Rochdale Hornets that Mazey knew nothing about.

If that is the case, I'd expect a full public apology tomorrow from Mazey and Kerr sacked.

If Mazey does know about it then that's an untenable position.

Mazey said on Twitter today very clearly to a Dale fan:

I’m always happy to answer questions honestly and transparently here or in person so if you want any other mischief making squashing and putting to bed just ask.

Here's one:

Q. Did you sign off on Rochdale Hornets sending RAFC a legal letter on 19th April 2022 or do you know nothing about it?

Either Mazey or Kerr has to go now - both can't be telling the truth.

Statement from the Board on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 4517 viewsjudd

Statement from the Board on 16:35 - Jul 27 by Zac_B

From the Hornets board:

One of them quite rightly says over to you, Hornets board - what was the original fee?

Another one says we can leave 1st Dec - its what they've wanted all along.

Sweet baby Jesus and stuff.

Statement from the Board on 16:52 - Jul 27 with 4457 views49thseason

Statement from the Board on 16:39 - Jul 27 by RAFCBLUE

Maybe Steve Kerr didn't tell him kel?

I mean - it is possible that RAFC received a legal letter from Rochdale Hornets that Mazey knew nothing about.

If that is the case, I'd expect a full public apology tomorrow from Mazey and Kerr sacked.

If Mazey does know about it then that's an untenable position.

Mazey said on Twitter today very clearly to a Dale fan:

I’m always happy to answer questions honestly and transparently here or in person so if you want any other mischief making squashing and putting to bed just ask.

Here's one:

Q. Did you sign off on Rochdale Hornets sending RAFC a legal letter on 19th April 2022 or do you know nothing about it?

Either Mazey or Kerr has to go now - both can't be telling the truth.

As I said a few pages ago on the other thread " read what the contract actually says, like it, lump it or check the exit clause". Hornets have the ground and a staffed bar, with no safety responsibility for less than a Grand per month. Probably a good idea to either now shut up or find somewhere else. Personally given the £400k pa cost of keeping the pitch in good nick I would increase the rent 10 fold at the earliest opportunity.....it's more like having a Cuckoo in the nest than a Hornet.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 16:53]
Statement from the Board on 16:53 - Jul 27 with 4448 viewsMoonyDale

Statement from the Board on 16:09 - Jul 27 by isitme

Boom! I wonder what Mazey will say about this and whether he will activate the break clause.

All I can say is Wow....Hornets playing fast and loose again....The more things change the more they stay the same....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Statement from the Board on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 4373 viewsjudd

The more I read the Hornets statement, the more I believe it if 100% blaming the football club for the moving of the Fiji fixture.

The football club statement clearly states the terms offered were event eventually met with a legal letter based on an agreement that they could not find, the threat of legal action withdrawn when they realised their own evidence did not exist.

The reason for the game moving to Salford is pure spite on Hornets part, in my opinion, with the clear aim of causing reputational damage to the football club.

This does not shed good light on Hornets and their motivations at all. Their rebuttal will make for good reading.

Statement from the Board on 17:07 - Jul 27 with 4330 viewsDaleiLama

Statement from the Board on 16:32 - Jul 27 by kel

Another Stewart Day.

"Rochdale Hornets confirmed to RAFC on 21 June 2022 that the fixture would not be proceeding at the Crown Oil Arena".

If I was a RL fan, I'd wonder why it took them over a month to announce it? Roger-level communication right there!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Statement from the Board on 17:10 - Jul 27 with 4291 viewsHullDale

Statement from the Board on 17:07 - Jul 27 by DaleiLama

"Rochdale Hornets confirmed to RAFC on 21 June 2022 that the fixture would not be proceeding at the Crown Oil Arena".

If I was a RL fan, I'd wonder why it took them over a month to announce it? Roger-level communication right there!

In an attempt to gain favour with local politicians at their home game first?

To cause maximum disruption in week 1 of EFL 22-23?

As a favour to Bottomley in the same week he surfaces again on certain social platforms?
Statement from the Board on 17:45 - Jul 27 with 4103 viewskel

Still no word from Mr Transparency. You’d have thought he’d move quickly to quell the fears of the rugger fans and issue his own statement.

More bluster.
Statement from the Board on 17:56 - Jul 27 with 4027 viewsSandyman

Looks as if they're operating like the Hornets of years gone by. Pay little or nothing, then expect RAFC (or the council or RFL) to lose money bailing them out whilst continually whingeing and whining.

Sure there must be plenty of venues @ £11k a year that will welcome them with open arms and pander to their every whim.
Statement from the Board on 18:01 - Jul 27 with 4001 viewsCedar_Room

so it sounds to me like Hornets were clapping their hands with this fixture thinking they'd be trousering a few quid without at any point considering

A) the fixture even going ahead would need RAFC's agreement
B) putting on the fixture would cost money and they might have to stump up some of it rather than just have it absorbed by us

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I would like nothing more than for these egg chasing leeches to fook the fook off, and keep fooking off, all the way out of existence like those bill-dodging bar stewards from the other side of Heywood. Who exactly comes out of that agreement better off you pointless morons? You think RAFC would fold without your derisory rental sum which doesn't even cover 5% of the maintenance costs of the ground which you still think you have a stake in? Deluded knuckle draggers with their heads up their fat @rses the lot of them.
Statement from the Board on 19:40 - Jul 27 with 3695 viewshammerdale

Statement from the Board on 18:01 - Jul 27 by Cedar_Room

so it sounds to me like Hornets were clapping their hands with this fixture thinking they'd be trousering a few quid without at any point considering

A) the fixture even going ahead would need RAFC's agreement
B) putting on the fixture would cost money and they might have to stump up some of it rather than just have it absorbed by us

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I would like nothing more than for these egg chasing leeches to fook the fook off, and keep fooking off, all the way out of existence like those bill-dodging bar stewards from the other side of Heywood. Who exactly comes out of that agreement better off you pointless morons? You think RAFC would fold without your derisory rental sum which doesn't even cover 5% of the maintenance costs of the ground which you still think you have a stake in? Deluded knuckle draggers with their heads up their fat @rses the lot of them.

A bit harsh😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024